Author Topic: TAR 16: Daniel Pious and Jordan Pious--Brothers  (Read 90477 times)

Offline JordanPious

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Newbie
Re: TAR 16: Daniel Pious and Jordan Pious--Brothers
« Reply #125 on: February 22, 2011, 10:26:48 PM »
Hi All!  :<3

Just wanted to thank you all for the support, and even those who don't necessarily agree with all of the decisions Dan or I have made, I appreciate the interest... it's what makes this world a special place. I will admit that my emotions got the best of me Sunday night, and I was a bit over-the-top with my tweets. Being on the Race was truly my #1 dream, and to have had that experience.. well, I am just so incredibly thankful. With that said, it is so very hard to sit at home, watching the show as a fan again, and be called a cheater (direct words out of Jet's mouth). I played that game and ran that Race harder than anything I have ever done in my life. After watching the show for 15 seasons, I knew the intricacies of the Race, and reviewed the rules with my brother on a daily basis before leaving. We would have never done anything to put our team in jeopardy, and never once felt that we cheated or broke a Race rule. While it may not change the minds of those of you who only see the good in Jet and Cord and the bad in Dan and I, I wanted to offer up my perspective on Sunday's episode/our interactions with the Cowboys:

The Cowboys were the first team on The Amazing Race 18: Unfinished Business to be introduced on Sunday, with Phil re-introducing viewers to "Jet and Cord, brothers, who were cut in front of by eventual winners Dan and Jordan at the Shanghai airport." Then Jet explains, "I don't think we have to cheat to win the Race, and I don't think nice guys always finish last."

1.) Did Dan and Jordan cheat? Jet McCoy thinks so. CBS even insinuated that they may think so as well... but Dan and Jordan never got a penalty in that final leg in San Francisco. Don't teams get penalized when they break a Race rule? (as an avid Race fan, I can point to numerous occasions where this theory has been proven true -- TAR 14, Mark and Michael for intentionally tampering with bike pumps that would provide an unfair disadvantage for all teams that followed. TAR 13, Nick & Starr AND Terence & Sarah were penalized for 30 minutes due to breaking a Race rule, "speeding". TAR17 Jill and Thomas were penalized for 30 minutes for paying a taxi driver to lead them to the pit stop, breaking a Race rule... the list goes on). Does this mean that when teams "cheat" or break a Race rule, that they are then penalized for it to eliminate any advantage they got by "cheating"? If Dan and Jordan didn't get penalized in that final leg, then does that mean that Dan and Jordan aren't cheaters?

2.) Did Jordan's emotion-driven cut in line at the airport really give Dan and Jordan an edge over Jet and Cord? Did the physical act of cutting Jet and Cord in line truly give Dan and Jordan a measurable advantage in the final leg? When watching the episode, and understanding the timing of events, it becomes obvious that the real game-changer occurred well after that point, hours into the flight, when Dan convinced a flight attendant to move the brothers up to First Class so that they could be the first off the plane. If this act broke a Race rule (which again, had been utilized by other teams in past Races), then wouldn't have Dan and Jordan gotten penalized?

3.) Did Jet watch Jordan spin in circles for 10+ minutes as Dan wrote down the clue at the Star Wars (Lucas Film/Industrial Light & Magic) challenge? Was Jet not only too timid to make a game-changing move in that challenge by inching closer to Jordan right away to get to the next level of the game, but ALSO completely absent-minded when Cord was baffled by the words flashing across his screen? Did this inability to recognize strategy in a challenge cost Jet and Cord more than 10 minutes, setting them back even more in the final leg? Yes. All true.

4.) When the teams (TAR 18) discussed the reasons for not winning in their previous Races, did 10 out of the 11 teams points to a specific decision or challenge that they faced that lead to their elimination. Was there only 1 team that cowardly pointed to an unsubstantiated event that had absolutely zero effect on the Race outcome so that they could put the blame on someone else, and not admit to their missed opportunities? Yes. Jet and Cord McCoy.

5.) Did Jet McCoy call Jordan Pious a "fag" the night before the finale aired (on Jordan's birthday) and in front of his mother? Yes. Do "nice guys" use derogatory words towards others? No. Do "nice guys" finish "last"? Sometimes.

I apologize for rambling. I just wanted to offer up my perspective on everything. I am so passionate about this show, the Race, the game, and wanted to point out some things that I felt were worth communicating to all of you.

I feel so blessed to have been given this opportunity, and just hope that you all can understand that sometimes you can't get a full picture of a person from a 43-minute edited episode each week. Production looks to display certain characters on the show, and carefully chooses clips to support those characters. I can fully understand why so many of you have fallen in love with the Cowboys, but I ask that you consider the circumstances, and understand that Dan and I had a VERY different experience with Jet and Cord than the characters you have learned to love on the Race.

Again, thank you all for the support. It really does mean the world to me.

Race Love.

Jordan

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #126 on: February 22, 2011, 10:39:57 PM »
It's our pleasure to welcome you to RFF! It was a brilliant idea to ask to move to first class on the last leg of the race.  :tup:

Congratulations on your win.

:bigwelcome
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #127 on: February 22, 2011, 10:44:05 PM »
Thank you for sharing, Jordan!

We are passionate about the race here, and sometimes passions do run high.

But I know everyone will be interested to see your point of view, and we appreciate your presenting it!

:bigwelcome

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #128 on: February 22, 2011, 10:45:05 PM »
Jordan,

What I like about you is that you can still rattle off all that race info (e.g. penalties). It bothers me when people are thrown on the show without ever having seen a single episode or having any sort of familiarity with the rules whatsoever. You truly are a race superfan! :tup: I admire your gamesmanship and your strategical thinking. Thank you for coming here and clearing the air on this whole dispute. You're always welcome here at RFF! :)
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline Peace, Love, TAR! :D

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #129 on: February 22, 2011, 10:46:05 PM »
:bigwelcome to RFF Jordan! Congrats on your win and we're glad you're here!  :hearts:
"Like most things, it can be fixed by whipping a rock at it." --Courtney Yates; Survivor: China/Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #130 on: February 23, 2011, 07:09:16 AM »
I want to take the opportunity to clear up the fact that I don't think D/J cheated their way to victory in any way. The points Jordan made about that are true, Jet should have tried harder on the VR task and the cutting in line incident is not why they won. For CBS to keep referring to that as the reason why J/C lost is tacky.

The only issue I have with Jordan is the way he behaved in a public forum on Sunday night. However, as a Jet and Cord fan I congratulate you on your win. You won fair and square and deserved it. Welcome to RFF!
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Zvarri

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #131 on: February 23, 2011, 09:53:16 AM »
You have my support Jordan! CBS shouldn't have portrayed you guys like that. It was just unfair.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #132 on: February 23, 2011, 11:19:05 AM »
Hi Jordan! :waves:

I started to hate the Cowboys since the day I've read about Carol and Brandy's interviews and it got intensified when I read about the "fag" incident. I hate it when they are shown as good guys when really they are not (example: in Seychelles, they gave an attitude to Phil by throwing the map at the host's feet). And I also hate it that CBS editors portray you as the bad guy.

Don't worry, Jordan. CBS' only way to bring back their favorites Jet and Cord is brewing this excuse that they we're cut into line or "cheated" by you guys. Because other than that, those Cowboys will not have any excuse in joining this race. It's like Kisha and Jen's scenario: Jen insists that her pee break didn't affect their placements, but the show said it did.

I guess you were on the wrong side of the rainbow while Jet and Cord enjoy their fake identity. Bottomline is I hate the cowboys, and I hate CBS.
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline MamaT

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #133 on: February 23, 2011, 01:01:20 PM »
Hi Jordan

I am so glad that you posted and took the time to explain your point of view.  As I watched the episode on Sunday  night, I was so bummed to hear Phil perpetuate the myth that the Cowboys lost because you and Dan "cut in line".  That is absolute BS and I can't imagine how difficult it was for you to hear that, not from the Cowboys but from the show .  Taking to Twitter may not have been the best idea, but I'm not sure that I would have done any better.  You were being wrongly accused of being a cheater and you defended yourself.  Again, hindsight is a wonderful thing, and perhaps you could have chosen different words, but in the heat of the moment I probably would have said worse things.

I watched your season with 2 favorites; you and Dan and the Cowboys.  As the season came to an end, you and Dan edged out the Cowboys in my heart simply because you are such a fan.  (I am also a fan who dreams of running the Race, so I related to you and was won over by your enthusiasm).  Then came TARCon weekend and I had the opportunity to meet all of you.  I met one team that was gracious, excited and handled an overwhelming situation with class and grace.  I met another team (to be fair, it was half a team.  Cord was very pleasant to me) that seemed put out by the attention, was rather surly and  proved to me the power of editing.  Because the Jet that I met was certainly not the "good old boy" that was presented to us on the show.   

The only good thing about the Cowboys returning for their "Unfinished Business" is that perhaps their halos will get a bit tarnished and we will see a more accurate portrayal of them.  I think that may be already the case. They did show Jet passively aggressively threatening to kick your teeth out. (What a nice boy!) Already a lot of posters are having a difficult time with the whole "Jordan & Dan cheated thing" and they're speaking out.  I think the Cowboy love is starting to wane.

I'm sorry that your experience has been messed with. As a true fan of the show, I imagine it must be difficult to have your reputation tarnished in order to prop up another team.  Have faith. You have now joined the ranks of teams like the Guidos, Flo and Terrance that got a terribly unkind edit but overcame it and became fan favorites.  I have a feeling the same thing will happen toyou.  I hope so, after meeting you a few times and seeing you interact with fans, I know what a great ambassador for the show you are. (and your real affection for our peach earned you my love and respect).

Oh, &   :wel1:

Offline Zvarri

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #134 on: February 23, 2011, 01:59:37 PM »

I started to hate the Cowboys since the day I've read about Carol and Brandy's interviews and it got intensified when I read about the "fag" incident. I hate it when they are shown as good guys when really they are not (example: in Seychelles, they gave an attitude to Phil by throwing the map at the host's feet). And I also hate it that CBS editors portray you as the bad guy.

Don't worry, Jordan. CBS' only way to bring back their favorites Jet and Cord is brewing this excuse that they we're cut into line or "cheated" by you guys. Because other than that, those Cowboys will not have any excuse in joining this race. It's like Kisha and Jen's scenario: Jen insists that her pee break didn't affect their placements, but the show said it did.

I guess you were on the wrong side of the rainbow while Jet and Cord enjoy their fake identity. Bottomline is I hate the cowboys, and I hate CBS.

I agree with this 100%. I couldn't have said this better myself. Its absolutely despicable.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #135 on: February 23, 2011, 02:10:00 PM »
In the end, TPTB will do whatever they want to market TAR:UB. They will bring back whatever teams they feel will bring them ratings.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #136 on: February 23, 2011, 03:31:12 PM »
Jordan -

When CBS released the teams and listed that Jet & Cord were back because you and Dan cut in line, I was outraged at the insinuation that the move had any impact on the final result. You're right that every other team took responsibility for their elimination except the cowboys. It's sad that the network that gave you and your brother this opportunity is overlooking why those two really lost. People say it all the time; it's the last leg that really matters. It just so happened that Dan was smart to talk with that flight attendent to get both of you that 30 minute lead on the cowboys. Even when they caught up, it was their decision to complain about you spinning instead of getting over their grudge and solving the task at hand. I think anyone who is a true fan of the race realizes this. If you look on the comments from fans of Jet & Cord on Facebook, a lot of them are saying that teams cheated for getting help on the code and should be given a penalty. I can only assume that when the cowboys are in last many of their fans like to pull out the cheating card. CBS are only going with it because it justifies bringing back these fan favorites. I'm hoping that they do get eliminated at one point in this race.

I still believe that you and your brother ran the race just as hard and with more heart then any other team on your season. Maybe thats why, when it came down to the final leg, that drive was worth one million dollars over strength and southern charm.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #137 on: February 23, 2011, 05:12:02 PM »

Not only that, but they use their corny-ish attitudes to make all the previews, etc. (Even though that may not be their fault)

I was upset yesterday when I saw bashing on Dan & Jordan when we don't even know half the story of the whole race. We get an hour out of two days. :P

I honestly don't see why it is anyone's business what Jordan may be posting because he has his own opinion and it is more reliable than ours. (He has ran the race)

Anyway, you did great on your race Jordan and I'm glad you won! Congrats! (And no, you did not cheat. CBS wouldn't allow you guys to since they wanted their precious cowboys to win.)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 05:16:00 PM by Snooky »

Offline Peace, Love, TAR! :D

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #138 on: February 23, 2011, 06:34:49 PM »
5.) Did Jet McCoy call Jordan Pious a "fag" the night before the finale aired (on Jordan's birthday) and in front of his mother? Yes. Do "nice guys" use derogatory words towards others? No. Do "nice guys" finish "last"? Sometimes.

:waves: Jordan,
I was just wondering, did Jet just come up to you and call you a "fag" or were you guys talking and it just came up?
Thanks.
Hope you like it here at RFF!
"Like most things, it can be fixed by whipping a rock at it." --Courtney Yates; Survivor: China/Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #139 on: February 23, 2011, 06:59:47 PM »
It was unprovoked.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #140 on: February 23, 2011, 08:07:01 PM »
Hi Jordan!  :waves: :hearts:

Offline JordanPious

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Newbie
« Reply #141 on: February 23, 2011, 09:21:31 PM »

:waves: Jordan,
I was just wondering, did Jet just come up to you and call you a "fag" or were you guys talking and it just came up?
Thanks.
Hope you like it here at RFF!

It was totally unprovoked, and very embarrassing. I can not thank you all enough for the love and support in these last few posts. I wear my heart on my sleeve and do get emotional (sometimes too often and unsolicited). I am not proud of the tweets I made Sunday night and definitely wish the cutting Jet and Cord in line incident at the Shanghai airport had never happened (especially since it had no effect on the Race and ended up making me look like such an a-hole). Still, I try not to live my life with regrets. I am proud of the way my brother and I ran the Race and promise to all of you that if there is ever a true allstars season where they bring back all the previous winners, and I get blessed with yet another opportunity to live the dream, then I will try harder than ever before to make you all proud, and win the Race for all of the adoring Race fans out there (I have been one for 18 seasons, and will be one until long after the show ends).  :tup:

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #142 on: February 23, 2011, 09:37:37 PM »
I don't think you have anything to regret. You and Dan ran a strong race all the way through (well, maybe except for a few stick shift issues :lol3:), you didn't throw elbows, you took the Fast Forward when you got the chance to secure your spot in the game, and you let your knowledge of the game help you to victory. You ran a solid race and deserved your prize money! :)
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #143 on: February 23, 2011, 09:40:33 PM »
And such a joy to have a REAL race fan on the show...that makes up for having to have a lot of recruited mactors!

:<3
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #144 on: February 23, 2011, 11:09:09 PM »
Jordan, there is a thread over at Survivor Sucks wherein almost all of the population of the website hates those Cowburps. You might want to check that out (though beware: Flaming is very blatant there. :lol:)

Plus I don't get the love of Cowboinks at Facebook. I was like, seriously, are you kidding me?
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline GeKKou

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #145 on: February 25, 2011, 03:30:09 AM »
TAR 16 is by far my favorite and I think it will always be my favorite.

I'm happy that Dan/Jordan won the race because you guys are so passionate about it. And Jordan you are so funny in every way.

You certainly did better in the virtual task while Jet and Cord looked dumb in that task. (Although they are still my favorite, majorly because of Cord, I think he is really nice and a strong team member.And he had some life or death experiences just like Phil. Maybe that's what made Phil like them too.)

The only thing I don't get is that, you guys seem to be very nice and friendly towards Caite while behind her back you kinda talked something not so nice about her with the lesbians. That might affect the lesbians oppinions' towards Caite.

That's only what we can see from the viewer's perspective, we don't really know what's going on behind the scenes.

My conclusions: We all have our own favorites, we will all be attracted to certain personalities whether they are likeable or not in others' eyes. Besides, some people simly support stronger teams or weaker teams. The viewer psychology is as complicated as consumer behavior. CBS needs to do its show that's why it is bringing 'the cutting in line incident ' over and over again. Although i don't think they truly mastered the viewer psychology. Portraying 'the cutting in line incident' that way might push away more viewers, at least some cowboy fans . Maybe they know better about the market. And you guys got the 1 million dollars and the great experience. So, maybe we should all put that behind and just enjoy the show. Don't hate CBS, if you hate it, then quit watching it.  

Anyway, I will support any season 16 teams in S18. Unfortunately there is only 1 team.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 04:02:42 AM by GeKKou »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #146 on: February 25, 2011, 08:48:39 AM »
TAR 16 is by far my favorite and I think it will always be my favorite.

I'm happy that Dan/Jordan won the race because you guys are so passionate about it. And Jordan you are so funny in every way.

You certainly did better in the virtual task while Jet and Cord looked dumb in that task. (Although they are still my favorite, majorly because of Cord, I think he is really nice and a strong team member.And he had some life or death experiences just like Phil. Maybe that's what made Phil like them too.)

The only thing I don't get is that, you guys seem to be very nice and friendly towards Caite while behind her back you kinda talked something not so nice about her with the lesbians. That might affect the lesbians oppinions' towards Caite.

That's only what we can see from the viewer's perspective, we don't really know what's going on behind the scenes.

My conclusions: We all have our own favorites, we will all be attracted to certain personalities whether they are likeable or not in others' eyes. Besides, some people simly support stronger teams or weaker teams. The viewer psychology is as complicated as consumer behavior. CBS needs to do its show that's why it is bringing 'the cutting in line incident ' over and over again. Although i don't think they truly mastered the viewer psychology. Portraying 'the cutting in line incident' that way might push away more viewers, at least some cowboy fans . Maybe they know better about the market. And you guys got the 1 million dollars and the great experience. So, maybe we should all put that behind and just enjoy the show. Don't hate CBS, if you hate it, then quit watching it. 

Anyway, I will support any season 16 teams in S18. Unfortunately there is only 1 team.

Gekkou, this is perhaps the best perspective on team issues I have seen in this entire thread, maybe the entire forum. Your conclusions are the best I have seen in a long time, so I applaud you for writing all of this.

Caite's treatment of Carol and Brandy is an interesting issue to bring up, and look forward to see anyone's explination of this.

Nevertheless, your perspective is better than anyone else's so far, including my own.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #147 on: February 25, 2011, 12:59:46 PM »
Jordan, you and your brother won my heart with your passion to race and drive to win TAR 16. I was actually rooting for Jet and Cord to win on the finale and guessed what, i ended up feeling happy that you and your brother won anyway! It's always see to see another fan of the show do well and even go on to win, rather than people who're thrown onto the show by casting directors and ended up having no idea on what should be happening on the race or whatsoever.

And throughout the times after TAR 16, i continued hearing bad things about the cowboys and it certainly made me enraged about their attitude. Editing really sucks and i wished you and your brother got such a much positive edit that you two definitely deserved.

Guess what, you guys won the leg in Singapore too. Am definitely glad that a great team and winner ultimately go on to win the race after doing well in my home country! :<3

God bless, i guess we should put everything behind and hopefully more people will read about your perspective. You guys won't be on TAR18 anyway since you guys are REAL WINNERS. :lol:

Offline GeKKou

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #148 on: February 26, 2011, 04:48:08 AM »
The Prophet, Thank you for your compliment!
 :lol:

Cord has been a fan favorite for so many years in PBR, definately he doesn't need CBS to portray or edit to show his certain amazing and good qualities. He just has it. As for Jet, I don't really know about him, a bit short tempered and easily provoked though. But Jeff liked his babyface,haha

I can't believe cowboys are making so little money in PBR and doing such a dangerous job! Not fair, not fair.

As far as that concerned, how lucky would that be to travel around the world and win 1million dollars.

So, don't be a sore loser or a SORE WINNER!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 04:52:00 AM by GeKKou »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #149 on: February 26, 2011, 11:53:21 AM »
There is one incontrovertible fact that speaks louder than any words: Dan and Jordan have $1,000,000 less taxes and Jet and Cord do not (although they might after AR18). I was unhappy to see Dan and Jordan get the winning time differential from their on-pane move, as I would have preferred to see that from superior transportation around San Francisco, scaling Coit Tower faster, the challenge at Industrisl Light and Motion, or the memory challenge. However, those were pretty much a wash and their margin of victory was about what they earned getting off the plane. So be it. According to World Race Productions Dan and Jordan won without a penalty and that is good enough for me.

The bad thing about that move is what it will cause from teams with their camera and sound guys badgering flight attendants worldwide for similar upgrades. I believe that World Race Productions will have to ban such requests. I want to see that sooner rather than later in addition to banning following taxis and all begging two rules changes that are long overdue.