Author Topic: TAR 16: Daniel Pious and Jordan Pious--Brothers  (Read 90269 times)

Offline heyhay28

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: TAR 16: Daniel Pious and Jordan Pious--Brothers
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2010, 08:24:36 PM »

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2010, 01:06:42 PM »
These guys are growing on me. It's clear they're not grumpy or malicious, just doing their own thing and trying to survive in the race.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2010, 12:57:40 PM »
I'm really loving and lovng this team more time and time again!!! I really hope they can just catch the Million dollars!

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2010, 12:54:13 AM »
 :hbday: :hbday: :hbday: :hbday: :hbday: :hbday:

HAPPY 23RD BIRTHDAY

JORDAN SOLOMON PIOUS

:partie: :partie: :partie: :partie: :partie: :partie:

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2010, 10:12:10 PM »
 :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:  :congrats:

THE AMAZING RACE 16 CHAMPIONS

DANIEL AND JORDAN PIOUS

:partie: :partie: :partie: :partie: :partie: :partie:

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2010, 11:08:33 PM »
 :winner
And they kept the dram alive. Congratulations!
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2010, 12:26:30 AM »
Congrats to Jordan (& Dan)! XDD
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2010, 06:10:09 AM »
Congratulations! Weeeee!
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline jerseydude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • It’s Friday, Friday Gotta get down on Friday
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2010, 09:01:27 AM »
My favorite team won.  :hearts:

Congrats Dan and Jordan! :wohoo:
The Amazing Race TV Stars- Marc and Rovilson (Currently 1st)
Victor\'s Amazing Race- Mooyou and Jerseydude (Currently 5th)
RFF Amazing Race Season 2- Redskevin88 & Jerseydude (Eliminated 4th)
Mooyou\'s Amazing Race- Tammy and Victor (Finished 2nd Place )

Offline sharkshooter

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2010, 01:21:00 PM »
These guys are growing on me. It's clear they're not grumpy or malicious, just doing their own thing and trying to survive in the race.
So, did you finally realize that they are, actually, malicious and underhanded?  They just kept it hidden until the final episode.

Offline Sandra1991

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2010, 01:27:03 PM »
Congratulations, Dan and Jordan!
They deserved to win! A dream came true ;)

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2010, 01:29:54 PM »
I missed The Early Show this morning but did get to watch Dan and Jordan on Live with Regis and Kelly. They were funny. My question about the Early Show, did Jet and Cord and Caite (I know Brent was not at NYC) appear with Dan and Jordan or was it just the brothers getting their blown up check?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2010, 01:30:57 PM »
:bigwelcome to RFF Sandra!

Caite was not on TES, the Cowboys and Brothers were.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2010, 01:41:12 PM »
Thanks, Peach! And congrats on your 22 thousandth post! Can't wait to see your TARcon pictures! The ones you did from TAR15 was very good and I look forward to this season's pictures. I bet you had a blast.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2010, 04:00:12 PM »
So, did you finally realize that they are, actually, malicious and underhanded?  They just kept it hidden until the final episode.
They are just real people
The story so far:
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2010, 06:53:02 PM »
nvm. :lol3:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
The story so far:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2010, 05:03:01 AM »
A great long interview with Dan and Jordan

Link:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-dan-pious-and-jordan-pious-discuss-their-the-amazing-race-win-10913.php
Wow, the Saturday incident sounds harsh

It sounds like lingering resentment between Jet and the Pious brothers to me, but the rodeo world isn't the most gay friendly atmosphere (and I live in a rodeo town), so it isn't too shocking to me to find out that Jet might have some homophobia. It is disappointing though. Too bad we're unlikely to hear more about this from an uninvolved 3rd party.

Plaidmoon

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2010, 06:30:27 AM »
A great long interview with Dan and Jordan

Link:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-dan-pious-and-jordan-pious-discuss-their-the-amazing-race-win-10913.php
Wow, the Saturday incident sounds harsh

It sounds like lingering resentment between Jet and the Pious brothers to me, but the rodeo world isn't the most gay friendly atmosphere (and I live in a rodeo town), so it isn't too shocking to me to find out that Jet might have some homophobia. It is disappointing though. Too bad we're unlikely to hear more about this from an uninvolved 3rd party.

Plaidmoon

The cowboys also upset Carol & Brandy. I'm not surprised if they got they instead of Brent & Caite, they would have u-turned the cowboys (No point u-turning the detectives, u can easily beat them in a footrace). I'm 200% sure Dan & Jo would do the same thing.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2010, 12:05:24 PM »
Another great interview with People:

How Amazing Race Winners Went From First Class to First Place

After traveling 40,000 miles across 5 continents, Dan, 25, and Jordan Pious, 23, were the first of the final three teams to arrive at the finish line on the finale of The Amazing Race. The Barrington, R.I.-based brothers dished with PEOPLE about the brilliant moves that scored them the $1 million prize, the play they aren’t proud of and their quest to clear Caite’s name of Brandy and Carole’s accusations. –Carrie Bell

When you started in L.A., did you think you were going to win or were you surprised to the end?
Jordan: I’d watched 15 seasons and I think it’s safe to say that the younger and more physically fit your team is, the better chances you have to win. At 23 and 25 and with my brother being as athletic as he is, we thought we had a good chance going into it. But at the end of the day, even though it’s a little cliché, every single one of those teams had an equal shot of winning.

Getting moved to first class mid-flight in order to exit the plane first is one of the best strategies ever seen on the Race.
Dan: Amazingly, we were off the plane, through customs and into a taxi coming from a communist country in about three and a half minutes. We kept the lead throughout. While the cowboys physically caught up to us at Coit Tower, there was a mandatory 15-minute waiting period to get harnessed and do a safety thing. I was 80 percent done when they showed up. At the motion-capture thing, they were next to us but we were getting the clue when they were still on the first level. We ended up beating them by 25 minutes.
Jordan: Daniel’s only now realizing how big of a move that was. In that clip, I had the biggest smile on my face because I knew how big of a coup that was. And to clarify, you can’t buy first-class tickets but there’s no rule that you can’t befriend a flight attendant and get upgraded for free.
Dan: Special love to Karen from US Airways.

The other brilliant play was writing everything down in case of a final memory task.
Dan: Jordan wrote the most meticulous, organized, neat, highlighted notes. You haven’t seen notes like this in a Harvard class. The challenge turned out to be fairly easy, but even if it’d been the hardest memory challenge in Race history, we had the notes to bang it out.
Jordan: I studied on the plane because nine times out of 10, they have a memory challenge. I made sure I knew where all of the information was and I’d put the elimination order in a highlighted box. You have no idea how excited I was when I read that clue and realized taking notes paid off.
Dan: We probably finished in 45 seconds.

What about the slimy airport line cut? Do you regret doing that, especially because it didn’t accomplish anything?
Dan: We shouldn’t have done it. It had zero impact on the game and made us look bad. But at that point, you gotta make the big moves … Bottom line is that kind of stuff happens because it’s a game for a lot of money. In the heat of the moment, you have to try everything to git it done.
Jordan: Because there was no benefit, I wish we hadn’t. But I stand by that choice because I wanted this more than anything. If only two teams had gotten on that plane, we’d be geniuses. Rich … geniuses!

Caite got a bad rap especially from former couple Carole and Brandy. Jordan, as the only other gay contestant on the show, is that a fair label?
Jordan: Caite isn’t homophobic. We roomed together the last three nights and we became good friends. So let’s dispel that rumor right now. It would have been strategically more sound to u-turn the cowboys, but Caite had butted heads with Carole and Brandy from day one, they constantly fueled the fire and it was a no brainer when they picked them.

Plans for the money?
Dan: Step one: Uncle Sam. Step two: save and invest.

Favorite place or moment?
Jordan: Seychelles was paradise with a capital P — screensaver paradise. I would have never gone if it wasn’t for the Race. I didn’t know it existed.
Dan: He stole my answer. But bungee-jumping, playing soccer and drinking beer in Germany on a Saturday night was cool.

Did it change you or your relationship?
Jordan: It made me feel so fortunate to have a big brother and best friend like Dan. It was a big asset because we’d already had every argument under the sun. The edit and the fan reaction have shown us how special our relationship is.

http://tvwatch.people.com/2010/05/11/amazing-race-winners-dan-jordan-finale/

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2010, 12:10:42 PM »

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2010, 01:35:56 PM »

Truer words have never been said
The story so far:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2010, 09:34:58 PM »
The Amazing Race 16: Exclusive Interview with Winners Dan and Jordan Pious
Posted on 05/11/2010 by Gina in The Amazing Race and Cast Interviews

by Lindsay Strouse and Gina Scarpa

The Amazing Race came to an exciting conclusion Sunday night, with brothers Dan and Jordan Pious crossing the finish line first to claim the million dollar prize. It was younger brother Jordan's dream to not only run, but win, The Amazing Race and with help from Dan, he was able to achieve it. Today, Dan and Jordan spoke to RealityWanted in an exclusive interview about their big win, the alliances they formed along the way, and the highs and lows of the race.

Q. Lindsay, RealityWanted: Dan, when Jordan asked you to be his teammate on The Amazing Race, were you on board right away or did it take a little convincing?
A. Dan: In all seriousness, I needed a lot of convincing. Jordan tried to get me to do season 15 but I didn't want to. Then, he sent me a big long email begging me to do it which was really convincing and I decided to do it!

Q. Lindsay, RealityWanted: Jordan, do you think that being such a big fan of the show helped you and your brother along the way?
A. Jordan: It's interesting. My knowledge of the race really helped us in preparing and helping our strategy. We did a lot of preparation mentally and strategically so we knew how to handle roadblocks and whatever else we had to face. Knowing the race and that there was probably going to be a memory challenge. I brought a notebook to take notes. I took notes on everything and that really helped.

Q. Lindsay, RealityWanted: The race can definitely take its toll on teams. Which leg was the most stressful for you?
A. Dan: Probably the most stressful was the first night. I was very sick for the first leg so it was really tough to get through. The race is hard enough when your 100 percent. It becomes mentally draining so adding sickness on top of that can really take a toll on you.
A. Jordan: The one that was most stressful for both was the last leg in China. The language barrier was very difficult and stressed us both out.

Q. Lindsay, RealityWanted: Some alliances were formed this season. Did you have anything set in stone with any of the teams?
A. Dan: There was a lot of stuff that wasn't shown for alliances. It's not as much of a big thing as Survivor. At the end of the day, you're still going your opposite way. We worked with Mike and Louie and Monique and Shawne at the beginning of the race. We called it The East Coast Alliance! That wasn't really shown though. We started working with Brandy and Carol and then with Mike and Louie again. At the end of the day, everyone is lost and out of their element.

Q. Lindsay, RealityWanted: How do you feel about the way that Joe and Heidi and Carol and Brandy were eliminated, because of U-Turns?
A. Dan: Brandy and Carol had their own personal issues and Katie decided to U-Turn them. Joe hurt his knee but then he when he was getting theVIP treatment on the bus and began talking about how he didn't see any of the teams as a real threat, he kind of rubbed teams the wrong way. He didn't think that was a big deal and ultimately both U-Turns were done for personal reasons. That's why we tried to be friendly with everyone.

Q. Lindsay, RealityWanted: Do you think that cutting in line at the airport in China, ahead of Jet and Cord, is one of the major reasons you won the race?
A. Dan: The cut in line in no way, shape or form affected the outcome of the race. Brent and Caite were first in line. It had absolutely no affect. Our move to the front of the plane would have happened no matter where we were originally sitting on the plane.

Q. Lindsay, RealityWanted: What has it been like to watch yourselves on tv?
A. Jordan: This has been so exciting. It's been exciting to watch. With each leg of the race I get to share that experience with my family and friends and tell them how unbelievable that place was. We got to relive these memories over again.

Q. Lindsay, RealityWanted: Have you given thought to what you want to do with the prize money?
A. Dan: We are both in agreement that after paying Uncle Sam, we're going to put in for an investment. We're going to do the responsible thing-no houses or luxury cars.

Q. Lindsay, RealityWanted: What was the best part of being on The Amazing Race? What will you remember most?
A. Dan: For me, I'm such a big sports fan and so when I realized we were going to Candlestick Park, home of the San Francisco 49ers, it was the coolest thing. To be on the 50 yard line of an NFL field for the end of the race was incredible.
A. Jordan: I would second that. But also the best part of the race was when we went to Seychelles. It's seeing places like that that made me always want to do The Amazing Race. Being in a tropical paradise with my brother on the show made me quite happy.

http://www.realitywanted.com/newsitem/3255-the-amazing-race-16-exclusive-interview-with-winners-dan-and-jordan-pious
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2010, 09:46:05 PM »
Interview With 'Amazing Race 16' Winners
by Audrey Fine, posted May 10th 2010 6:30PM

At the outset of the 'Amazing Race 16,' brothers Dan and Jordan Pious were in it for one reason -- and it wasn't the $1 million. They wanted to realize Jordan's "lifelong dream" of being a contestant.

And boy did they ever. After logging 22 days on 5 continents, the final leg for the "bros" began with them sweet-talking their way into first class on a flight from Shanghai to San Francisco. Then, with a significant lead, the final few challenges saw Dan climbing to the top of the iconic Coit Tower, the pair guiding each other through a virtual 'Star Wars' world at Industrial Light & Magic and then making their way to Candlestick Park to be hailed the big winners by host Phil Keoghan and all of the eliminated contestants.

Does actually winning the 'Amazing Race' live up to expectations? Do these Rhode Island boys feel they played an honorable game? And what on Earth are they going to do with all that cash? Let's find out ...

TV Squad: Dan, you made no bones about hating to travel and looked overjoyed to find out that the final leg would be back in the States. Are you more or less of a travel fan now?
Dan: I would say neither. I am as much of a non-travel fan now as I was six to eight months ago. Although, I do have to say that a two-hour flight down to Florida seems like nothing after what we clocked during the race.

TV Squad: You're also a notoriously picky eater. Was the food worse or better than you'd expected?
Dan: It was pretty much what I expected. It was really bad in some places, better in others. I was really on a Snickers-only diet. Whenever I had an extra dollar to spend -- because we were on a super-tight budget -- I'd buy a Snickers. I'd seen the commercial, "Hungry? Buy a Snickers," and that's what I did.

TV Squad: We saw you struggle with composure a few times when cab drivers weren't getting you where you needed to be quickly enough. In real life, are you one of those people who's always on time?
Dan: I'm definitely one of those people but that's not what was the problem was in that one [crazy] situation. We had called a translation service, told them where we needed to go and they told the guy in perfect Chinese where he was supposed to go. And he just didn't go there. So, it was a matter of a guy just messing up and with the race hanging in the balance, that gets incredibly frustrating.

TV Squad: Jordan, did you think for one second that Jet and Cord would actually get physical with you for having "cut" the line at Shanghai airport?
Jordan: Yes. But I wasn't scared. Listen, here's the thing, at the end of the day it's a race for a million bucks. We laid low, we didn't piss anybody off for 11 legs of the race and then when the end was in sight we made our play. As I said on the show [last night], "Hate the game, don't hate the player."

TV Squad: You also said that if you won, you'd save the money to pay for your MBA. You're not going to splurge on anything?
Jordan: I'm not going to splurge. The only "extravagant" thing I'll spend it on is going to Australia. I've always wanted to go and so in a few months I'll probably plan a trip. The rest I'll save and use it to pay for me to get my MBA in a couple of years.

TV Squad: You really seemed miserable during the noodle making challenge in China. Was it just the editing or were you really hating it?
Jordan: I was more miserable than the editing showed! I was so baffled by how much I was struggling with it and before I knew it my hands were plastered with the flour and water and I couldn't make the noodles. I was worried that this would blow it, blow our chance to win. But then before I knew it, my brother was there with a hug and [calming] words and it was ok.

TV Squad: What happened to the motorbikes you won in Singapore?
Jordan: We haven't gotten them yet, but when we do, we won't have them for long. We were not kidding at all when we said that our mother would kill us if we ever rode them. When we get them, we'll be gracious. But then there's eBay and Craigslist!

TV Squad: Which of the eleven teams was your favorite?
Dan: Looking back, it was probably Steve and Allie [Smith] -- their father/daughter relationship reminds me of our family and how close we are. They are so close and would do anything for each other. Plus, he's just hilarious. I wish they'd shown more of what a funny guy he is.

TV Squad: Who was more obnoxious in real life than on TV?
Dan: Joe [Wang]. He's incredibly obnoxious on the show -- and even more so in real life. And, it's funny because [his wife] Heidi is amazing. Total yin/yang.

TV Squad: At the end of his and Jet's race, Cord said, "In the end, having our character and integrity intact, we can walk out of here with our heads held high." Do you think that was intended as a slight towards you guys?
Dan: I think that Jet and Cord think that they're high and mighty and they like to act like they're the good guys. Overall, we ran a really clean race.
Jordan: Listen, I think you only make that comment if you need validation. It's a game. We're proud of the way we played regardless of Cord and Jet's opinion. Everyone runs their race a different way and all of our friends and family and fans are proud of how we played, and that's what matters to us.

http://www.tvsquad.com/2010/05/10/dan-jordan-pious-interview-the-amazing-race-16/
RFF's Golden Rule: