Author Topic: TAR 16: Brent Horne and Caite Upton--Dating Models  (Read 55224 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: TAR 16: Brent Horne and Caite Upton--Dating Models
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2010, 11:52:31 PM »
This team is.. :knuckles:

Offline frog

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2010, 04:59:42 PM »
Reliable source- Brent is 29.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2010, 05:42:05 PM »
My source had dinner with Caite last month in LA and straight from her mouth, she said Brent is really

Offline frog

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2010, 01:40:18 PM »
Shows how self centered she is if she can't remember his birthday! He will not be 30 until Nov. 24, 2010.

Offline Brent

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Newbie
« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2010, 05:04:27 PM »
Heard about this rumor, for the record I am 29. i was 28 while doing all the application stuff for the race and turned 29 on the race..get your story straight..and no caite probably just said that in her typical attitude way, CBS did not publish any false information. u guys really need to get your information from a more credible source

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2010, 05:10:49 PM »
Heard about this rumor, for the record I am 29. i was 28 while doing all the application stuff for the race and turned 29 on the race..get your story straight..and no caite probably just said that in her typical attitude way, CBS did not publish any false information. u guys really need to get your information from a more credible source
Welcome Brent!  :waves:

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2010, 05:11:02 PM »
Brent, welcome to RFF.  I think you'll find a lot of fans here, and I know many will be interested in anything you might want to share about the race.

I hope you'll stick around.  There are a few racers who post here, most recently Luke from Season 14.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2010, 05:18:15 PM »
Thank you for clearing that up, Brent!! I think one poster was mis-informed, of course passports can't lie. :lol:

But :bigwelcome to RFF!!  And we missed you in NYC!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Brent

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Newbie
« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2010, 05:23:44 PM »
no problem..sorry just tired of people and esp the X giving false information about me..hope u all enjoyed the race, def sorry about missing NY, having my surgery tom morning..hopefully will go better this time!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2010, 05:34:46 PM »
We're sorry for any coinfusion, sometimes it just isn't possible to edit everyone's posts for accuracy, clearly someone was misinformed. I haven't heard of anyone racing with a fake passport yet! :lol:

You definitely need some shoulder luck!! Hope it all goes well tomorrow and that you have a quick recovery. :hugs:

Can you tell us more about the ascender task??  It looked awesome...and awesomely hard!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline SuzuKen

• RFF Full Member
  • tabibito
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2010, 08:14:41 PM »
no problem..sorry just tired of people and esp the X giving false information about me..hope u all enjoyed the race, def sorry about missing NY, having my surgery tom morning..hopefully will go better this time!

Hope your surgery goes well.  And congrats on finishing the ENTIRE race! ^_^
JOAB'S SURVIVOR RFF: MADAGASCAR  -we like to move it move it-

TAR17: Nat & Kat, Brook & Claire

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2010, 10:12:29 PM »
The Amazing Race 16: Exclusive Interview with Brent Horne and Caite Upton
Posted on 05/10/2010 by Gina in The Amazing Race and Cast Interviews

by Gina Scarpa

Brent and Caite went into the final leg of The Amazing Race last night in first place but learned the hard way that a confused taxi driver can cost you a million dollars. No matter how much they screamed at the taxi driver, it didn't get them to their destinations any faster and they soon fell back to third place. They were the last team to cross the finish line but just making it this far is a huge accomplishment to these models, who felt that they had something to prove to their fellow competitors and the viewers. Today, Brent and Caite spoke to RealityWanted in an exclusive interview about the friendships they formed, the rivalry with Carol and Brandy, and breaking stereotypes.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: What was your main motivation for going on The Amazing Race?
A. Brent: My main motivation was getting to travel and do the experience of the race. I love competition and getting to do everything on the race was my main reason for doing it.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: In that first conversation in the airport with Carol and Brandy, where they were mocking you, Dan and Jordan were part of that too. Did you realize that initially?
A. Caite: Not until I saw it. Jordan had come to me later in the race and said that he had said a couple of not too nice things in the beginning. We became really close and really good friends. I was prepared to see that on tv.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: Carol and Brandy definitely had a lot to say about you guys, both to your faces and behind your backs. How did you feel about the way they treated you?
A. Caite: I mean, the talking smack and saying things to my face was inappropriate. I had known from the beginning... when I first met them, I asked how they were, they gave me a death look. I was giogn to continue to be nie to them. They had previosu opinions about me. I don't know why they hated me.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: We see, as the race goes on, just how stressful things can get and how that stress takes its toll on the teams. What was the toughest leg for you guys?
A. Caite: I was physically drained and mentally drained during that last leg. We were ready to get it over with. We were like, "Please just end."
A. Brent: Sitting on the plane heading into San Francisco, going into that last leg, we had been through so much already. We were kind of excited to see it come to an end. I don't know if our bodies could've handled any more.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: What were your thoughts on Dan and Jordan cutting the line at the airport and then switching seats on the plan in order to get ahead? Do you credit that with their win last night?
A. Caite: It's a game. If you can't laugh about it, get over it.
A. Brent: Cutting in line didn't play any role whatsoever in them getting first place. The big thing was them moving to the front of the plane. I saw them go up there. The big thing that went through my head was that a lot of times, Caite and I were in the front of the plane and it never mattered. This was the one place where it mattered. I told the cowboys we'd all be next to each other but it didn't work out that way.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: Not to keep coming back to Carol and Brandy, but what was your reaction to the way that they attacked you at the finish line? It's supposed to be a celebration.
A. Brent: They have no class whatsoever. They tried to take that moment to get back at us. Everyone there, the other teams, wanted it to be an exciting moment for Dan and Jordan. It was their last fifteen seconds of fame.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: Who will guys stay in touch with?
A. Caite: I'll really stay in touch with Ali and Jordan and a lot of people.
A. Brent: I talk to Dan, Louie, Ali and Steve pretty much every other day. I'm actually going to Chicago next month for Jeff's birthday. Steve will be in town with the baseball team so we'll all get to hang out.

Q. Gina, RealityWanted: Do you feel like you changed people's opinions of you?
A. Caite: Yeah, I definitely think that I changed most people's minds. You can't win all of them over.
A. Brent: There's a stereotype about models. Carol and Brandy tried to play me as some dumb Southern boy but they didn't know me. I carry myself with class and try to be as dignified as possible. That's something I did on the race and will continue to do after.

http://www.realitywanted.com/newsitem/3253-the-amazing-race-16-exclusive-interview-with-brent-horne-and-caite-upton
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2010, 10:38:53 PM »
Caite and Brent ('The Amazing Race')
Monday, May 10 2010, 1:51pm EDT
By Lara Martin, News Editor

For Caite Upton and Brent Horne, last night's final leg of The Amazing Race 16 seemed to prove just what a game of luck it can sometimes be. The dating models found themselves slipping behind after their cab driver appeared unsure of the location, and they ultimately became the third team to arrive at the pitstop in San Francisco, behind winners Dan and Jordan, and runners-up Jet and Cord. But despite losing out on the $1 million prize, Caite insisted that she was proud to have been the last woman standing and prove her critics wrong. We caught up with them to chat about the experience.

Congratulations on finishing the race! Where you happy with third place?
Caite: "I was happy with third place because I felt like we were able to finish the entire race. I think that if it hadn't been for our taxi cab driver we would have placed a lot higher."

Would you say he was a major factor in you finishing third?
Caite: "Oh, that was the number one factor! Every task that we did we completed ten times faster than the other two teams."
Brent: "Dan and Jordan made a really good move on the plane and I'm not so sure we could have caught them. I definitely think we could have had a chance for second place, but once we were leaving the plane we never even saw Dan and Jordan again. I think they just made a good move. Granted we had a crappy cab driver, but I don't know if we would have still had a chance."

Caite, how did it feel to be the only woman to finish the race?
"I was really proud of myself. Other than that, I thought I ran a good race. It's a game and you can't get too mad about my decisions or anybody's decisions. You gotta just live with it, it's a competition."

Speaking of decisions, do you stand by the controversial one about U-Turning Brandy and Carol?
Caite: "I definitely stand behind my decision. Maybe the smarter move would have been to U-Turn the cowboys because they are a really strong team, but I really like the cowboys and they deserved to be there way more than Carol and Brandy. They just non-stop complained and were rude to everybody and I was sick and tired of hearing them."
Brent: "I definitely agree. No-one really outside of, I think, Jordan especially and maybe Dan really made a relationship with them. Not that the whole show is about making relationships with other people or other teams, but if I'm going to lose to someone, I'm going to lose to someone who carries themselves with class and dignity and are good people. They just came across like total bitches, I'll be honest."

What did you think of the way they reacted at the finish line?
Caite: I'm very surprised they reacted that way. It was quite immature. They are pretty much the age of my mom and I thought it was disrespectful of how they could be talking down to a child like that. I could be like a daughter to them."
Brent: "The biggest thing is that everyone is there at the final show, all the other teams, and it's supposed to be a great moment for everyone. People who finished the race, those who didn't finish it completely, everybody back together and it should be exciting, but they just wanted to try to throw their anger into it and just sort of ruined it for the most part."

We didn't see what happened next. Have you spoken to them since?
Caite: "Afterwards I tried speaking to Brandy and I thought everything would be cool but then I read a couple of posts she had made and she still continuously bashes me. I'm over it. It's a game, whatever. You're being childish right now. You can't win over everybody's hearts."
Brent: "I just told them it was their actions that got them where they are and they just have to live with that."

We saw you two bickering on the race. How did it feel watching that?
Caite: "I don't know, it's kind of funny to watch. It's like watching other teams bicker as well. It makes the show interesting."
Brent: "Sometimes you step back and look at a situation and realize, 'Wow, we sure did bicker a lot!'"

Has it affected your relationship?
Caite: "The race? No it hasn't. We are no longer together but that was just more personal reasons. We live on opposite sides of the country."

What are your plans for now?
Caite: "I've been a model since I was 12 so I'm continuing modeling and I'm shooting for Maxim on Wednesday, and I'm doing commercial stuff and just booked a couple of national commercials."
Brent: "My background is in advertising and marketing and I want to concentrate on my long-term career now so I'm doing that, and I'm actually having shoulder surgery on Wednesday."

Was it an injury picked up before or during the race?
Brent: "I kind of tweaked it before but I really aggravated it along the way. It bothers me just to sleep at night but you try to just suck everything up and go with it."

Finally, after this experience, would you ever appear on another reality show?!
Brent: "It depends on the show! I don't know if I'd do Survivor. I'm not so big on sitting in the middle of an island and letting bugs eat me!"
Caite: "Like he said, it just depends. I have no idea!"

http://www.digitalspy.com/ustv/s66/the-amazing-race/interviews/a219122/caite-and-brent-the-amazing-race.html
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2010, 12:46:56 PM »
Amazing Race's Caite and Brent: Carol and Brandy Were "Complete Bitches"

Caite Upton and Brent Horne  were surprised and unsurprised by Brandy's outburst at the Amazing Race finish. "[Brandy and Carol] need to get over the U-Turn and grow up. It's a game and it was over," Caite, 21, tells TVGuide.com. "But it's just like them to complain since that's what they did the whole Race." It was the girls' grouchy attitude — and not homophobia — that fueled the models' decision to U-Turn them, Caite, 21, says. See what else the two, who are no longer dating, have to say about their arch-enemies, why they weren't worried about Dan  and Jordan's first-class move, and if Brent, 29, really had to pee that badly in Shanghai. 

TVGuide.com: Did your feud really start with Brandy and Carol's comment about your Miss Teen USA answer?
Caite: On the first day, I introduced myself. I held out my hand, and they just stared as if I was a piece of crap. Right then, I knew that they weren't going to be the nicest people. Then, they made the comment to my face. The thing is that I do joke about the answer — I'm totally fine with it. You think nobody's joked with me the past three years? But they continually said rude comments to us. They didn't show others because the cameras didn't catch them. ... They were rude to other teams. The only people they were somewhat nice to were Jordan and Dan, and that was because the boys were terrified of them.

TVGuide.com: When I talked to them, they said you have a problem with them as lesbians, but they stopped short of calling you homophobic.
Caite: I have zero problem with them being lesbians. I am not homophobic. Some of my closest friends are gays and lesbians. Jordan is gay, and we're friends. I have a problem with them as people. I tried to be nice and win them over, but I was never able to. They were rude and always complained, and we were sick of it. They're just saying that out of pure jealousy because I beat them and I'm younger than them, and they obviously made fools of themselves.

TVGuide.com: Did you consider U-Turning anyone else?
Caite: Obviously the cowboys are freaking awesome. We would've U-Turned them second, but our No. 1 options were Carol and Brandy. It was personal and strategic.
Brent: Until you're in that situation, it's so easy to watch on TV and say, "Oh, that's so messed up." But if you're playing against people, you want to take down the person who's a complete brat or punk. If you're going to lose, you don't mind losing to someone who carries themselves with class or is a friend — which is what the other three teams were to us. Not that the Race is about making friends, but relationship-wise, we grew with everyone else and felt the cowboys deserved to be there over them. Brandy and Carol, going into that leg, made some extremely rude comments and were just complete bitches.

TVGuide.com: What was the atmosphere like once they were eliminated?
Brent: Everyone was so excited. Going into the last leg, there was some animosity between the brothers and the cowboys after the brothers cut in line, but before then, we all were like, "Whatever happens, happens. Someone's going to win, but we don't mind losing to any one of you." I would rather have been kicked off before the finale than lose to the lesbians just because of how rude they were.

TVGuide.com: We never saw you guys do the memory task. Did you finish everything? How far behind were you?
Caite: We were only 15 minutes behind the cowboys. We finished everything. We did everything a lot faster. The memory task — I knew them right away and threw them up there. We did the virtual task in, like, two minutes! We got there after the cowboys and finished at the same time. The cowboys and the brothers were supposedly there for 30 minutes or something.
Brent: We were second out of the airport, but lost 20-30 minutes in our cab. The tasks were where we made up time. After the virtual one, we were hoping [the next task] would let us catch up to Dan and Jordan. When we had to turn around for our money bag, that sealed our fate. ... We knew we were third and we were happy. It was great to make it to the final episode and do all the tasks.

TVGuide.com: Why did you do the Roadblock, Brent? Aren't you not allowed to do more than six?
Caite: You can actually do 7-5 or 6-6, so he took it. I was like, "OK, whatever. I'm completely drained."

TVGuide.com: Did you know Dan and Jordan moved to first class?
Brent: Yeah. Everyone was asleep on the plane, but I kind of saw them move up. I was like, "That's a freaking move!" The plane was packed and I didn't know if the stewardess would let us stand. But honestly, we weren't that concerned. Caite and I had been first in front before and were like, "Yeah, this is good!" But we'd get to customs, which is always a mess, so you'd get bunched up again. So we were like, "Well, chances are we'll all be even again at customs." Luckily for them, there was no one at customs, not even from another flight. The funny thing is that we were first to the airport, obviously, but we got the worst seats of the three teams. The brothers and the cowboys were in the two rows in front of us.

TVGuide.com: Brent, did you really have to pee that badly in Shanghai?
Brent: Yeah! It was so cold there, so it's not fun when you have to go and it's freezing. Dan was like, "Dude, I have to go to the bathroom too, but in the normal sense." [Laughs] It was exciting to finish first after that. We made mistakes at the beginning of the Race because we got ahead of ourselves and didn't read clues carefully, but we learned to slow down. We had many opportunities to win legs, so we were definitely stoked then.

TVGuide.com: What's next for you guys?
Caite: I've been living in L.A. for a year now. I'm shooting for Maxim on Wednesday. I just booked a couple of national commercials, so be looking for me!
Brent: I'm back in South Carolina. I'm getting ready to have shoulder surgery on Wednesday. I kind of tweaked my shoulder before the Race ... and being on the Race really aggravated it. When I got home, I found out I had torn cartilage, so I'm having that repaired. I can't do anything, really, for three months, so I have to stick around here until I'm done with physical therapy.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Amazing-Race-Caite-1018359.aspx

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2010, 07:23:37 PM »

Hey Brent... want to hear this from the horse's mouth... how come ya team's was allowed to do seven roadblocks while other teams can only do six? Was there a specific rule saying that teams can do more than seven roadblocks?

PS: I love ya team, but don't like people who make their girlfriend go to the toilet with them!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2010, 09:43:18 PM »

PS: I love ya team, but don't like people who make their girlfriend go to the toilet with them!

Thank is a production rule, reds. Teams are not allowed to be more than 20 feet (or so) apart during the entire race. SO Caite would have to accompany him to the restroom area.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline slpdx

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2010, 08:48:59 AM »
Here's a new interview with Brent.  Interesting comments Caite and how they worked as a team, he also talks briefly about being surprised that there was a lot of animosity between teams and how cliquish the teams were at times.   

http://tv.insidepulse.com/2010/06/02/iptv-interview-brent-horne-caite-upton-the-amazing-race-16-podcast/

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #67 on: June 04, 2010, 10:58:23 AM »

Thank is a production rule, reds. Teams are not allowed to be more than 20 feet (or so) apart during the entire race. SO Caite would have to accompany him to the restroom area.

That sounds OK. Except for Roadblocks, obviously. I think In read something like that don't-know-where, and I find it's true, as all shots are made with both members together, except for said tasks (RB).

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: December 05, 2010, 08:46:44 PM »
Caite in a pistachios commercial, part of a campaign including youtube sensations

The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline starrynight

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2012, 02:48:27 AM »
I quite liked them, it was a shame the taxi driver ruined the final leg, as with others in the past.  Yes they could be a bit bitchy, but I've no doubt others where just as much but they didn't concentrate on that in the editing.  And ultimately it shows a certain amount of competitiveness.  Brent was very competitive, and Caite could be quite plucky (the soccer/football task).  I actually thought their story arc was more interesting than the winners who I found much more annoying.

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2012, 11:06:51 AM »
Surprisingly, Brent & Caite is my 2nd favorite team in season 16 after Steve & Allie :)
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2015, 09:37:03 PM »
Caite Upton reveals how bad things got and how depressed she became after her Miss USA interview video went viral. I'm glad she had her friends and family to help her through those times. I always sympathized with her because I remember the time I was running for a student body office in high school. When the time came to give a speech in from of the student body, my mind went completely blank and I couldn't remember any of the things I intended to say. I remember babbling a few things and then leading some cheers and then slinking away from the microphone. Other than some teasing for a few days, I got off lightly. She had the misfortune to have her mind blank out in front of millions of people. Frankly, I was impressed with how smart she was during her appearance on TAR 16. A moment or two of confusion can happen to anyone and doesn't make them stupid. I'm glad she has gotten past this and appears to be in a good place in her life.

http://nymag.com/following/2015/12/10-viral-sensations-on-life-after-internet-fame.html

Caite Upton: Miss South Carolina Teen USA

Year of viral fame: 2007.

The video: Upton, a Miss Teen USA contestant, badly fumbles a pageant question about American education.

Views: 63 million.

Since then: Moved to Los Angeles; appeared on ‘The Amazing Race’ and MTV’s ‘Ridiculousness,’ on the golf network Back9, and in more than a dozen commercials.

I lost a lot of close friends over it — people I’d been friends with since I was 10, people I grew up playing soccer with. One group of girls took me to this party at the University of South Carolina, and I walk in, and the entire USC baseball team surrounded me and bashed me with the harshest, meanest comments I had ever heard. And somebody once put a letter in my parents’ mailbox about how my body was going to be eaten alive by ants and burned in a freak fire. And then it said, in all caps, GO DIE CAITE UPTON, GO DIE FOR YOUR STUPIDITY. That’s the kind of stuff people would say to me for two years.

I definitely went through a period where I was very, very depressed. But I never let anybody see that stuff, except for people I could trust. I had some very dark moments where I thought about committing suicide. The fact that I have such an amazing family and friends, it really, really helped. [Begins to tear up] Sorry, it’s just really emotional. This is the first time I’ve actually been able to talk about it. It was awful, and it was every single day for a good two years. I’ve only spoken to my fiancé about how I felt in those moments truthfully, and my best friend. And, recently, my mom. But, like, my dad doesn’t even know yet.

The past few years, going brunette, I have not had any recognition for the Miss Teen USA Pageant at all. But I also get recognized for having a similar name to Kate Upton. So I’ll go into my auditions and be like, “Yes, yes, I know — I’m the other one.”