Author Topic: TAR 16: Brent Horne and Caite Upton--Dating Models  (Read 55239 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 16: Brent Horne and Caite Upton--Dating Models
« on: January 21, 2010, 10:15:51 AM »
Brent and Caite

Dating Models

Brent Horne­

Hometown: Columbia, S.C.
Connection to your Teammate: Dating
Current Occupation: Model
Pet peeve about your teammate: She is hard headed and can’t take criticism
Favorite Hobbies: Sports and traveling
Achievements: My faith. I’ve been in some crazy situations and around some not-so-cool people and still stand my ground with my beliefs
Lifelong To Do List: Travel the world; have a fulfilling, rewarding and successful career; solve the mystery of who killed JFK; make a difference in someone's life; have a family; hit a hole-in-one and host my own show
If I could switch places with someone: Actually no one, I enjoy my life and who I am. I look forward to the journey that lies in front of me
Role Model/Hero: My Mom
What are you passionate about? My relationships and enjoying life! I never take a moment for granted
What would you do if you won the million dollars? Go on a vacation with my family and friends, give back to my parents and in some way better myself so that I could be in a position to help others
People would be surprised to learn: I'd rather give than receive
Favorite place you have ever visited: Grand Cayman
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: We are both "Type A" personalities and need to do some work on the way we communicate with each other
What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race (other than winning one million bucks)? I hope to build on the already great relationship I have with Caite and prove to myself and others that I have the strength and faith to endure the craziest of circumstances

Caite Upton

Hometown: Lexington, S.C.
Connection to your Teammate: Dating
Current Occupation: Model
Pet peeve about your teammate: He picks his nose with tissue paper, throws it in the toilet and doesn’t flush
Favorite Hobbies: Art, sports, modeling and acting
Achievements: Being able to overcome the embarrassment from the flub I made on national television during the Miss Teen USA pageant
Lifelong To Do List: To advance my career as an actress and model. I also want to complete my college career in art with a minor in business at UCLA
If I could switch places with someone: Nobody, I'm very content with who I am.
Role Model/Hero: Johnny Unitas because he continued to be a good person while in the limelight and was very headstrong, genuine and determined to achieve everything he put his mind to    
What are you passionate about? My lifelong goals and dreams
What would you do if you won the million dollars? Buy a Maserati and a round of drinks for my friends. Hah
People would be surprised to learn: I'm very athletic and can pretty much beat every guy in anything. I am also an amazing artist
Favorite place you have ever visited: Montabaur, Germany.
Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: We both are headstrong and feel as if we are alpha males in the relationship.  We will also need to do a better job listening to each other
What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race (other than winning one million bucks)? I hope to learn how to stay calm in tense situations

« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 11:47:43 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR 16: Brent Horne and Caite Upton--Dating Models
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 05:08:23 PM »
I hope Catlin can redeem herself.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 06:58:06 PM »
Two words. Mika. Canaan.

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 01:57:12 PM »
They gave me bad vibes from their intro video.  Add in that Brooke had no good things to say about Brent, and I'm wary of them.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 02:28:37 PM »
They seem to have a "dark" aura, in general. Maybe it's just their clothing. :lol:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 03:03:12 PM »
They seem to have a "dark" aura, in general. Maybe it's just their clothing. :lol:

:lol3:

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 08:19:57 AM »
I don't know if she knows what the world is, or even where the US is, or if she knows that maps are common in life...

What is she doing in The Amazing Race?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 11:26:24 AM »
She had a moment of brain freeze...it happens. Three years ago. :res:

But she went on to be able to laugh at herself, and that is a great gift. She has done some very funny bits for Jimmy Kimmel:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/11/14/caitlin-upton-miss-teen-s_n_357843.html

I think she'll be fun to watch...hope she gets the chance to kick some butt!! Revenge is sweet. :funny:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2010, 12:32:38 PM »
She had a moment of brain freeze...it happens. Three years ago. :res:

But she went on to be able to laugh at herself, and that is a great gift. She has done some very funny bits for Jimmy Kimmel:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/11/14/caitlin-upton-miss-teen-s_n_357843.html

I think she'll be fun to watch...hope she gets the chance to kick some butt!! Revenge is sweet. :funny:

I agree Peach!  :jam: She get another chance!

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2010, 03:24:46 PM »
At least she acknowledges how messed up that situation was, and is motivated to show that she's actually better than that.

While I fully respect Brooke as a alumni Racer, it may well be the Brent and her were like oil and water, and that Caite and Brett are more compatible for whatever reason. Doesn't make any of them bad or evil per se. It'll be interesting to see what the local media has to say as this is the third team from this area to make a cast in the last four seasons. Haven't seen anything yet.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2010, 05:34:00 PM »
I don't know.  In their video, they seemed to have ZERO chemistry.  They just looked uncomfortable with each other.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2010, 05:51:46 PM »
She seemed very uncomfortable being interviewed, the way she paused between every two words and took a deep breath -- but she's hot  :neener:

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2010, 09:24:40 AM »
She seemed very uncomfortable being interviewed, the way she paused between every two words and took a deep breath -- but she's hot  :neener:

I agree. I don't think they are not the bickering team of the season.

Michael: Love your AVATAR avatar.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 02:22:10 PM by DavidMV »

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2010, 01:37:54 PM »
I'm a little wary of her. Maybe I'll be surprised.
Just here to visit.

Offline misterblah

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2010, 03:10:16 PM »
does anyone notice caitie is too young to be on the race?

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2010, 06:16:13 PM »
does anyone notice caitie is too young to be on the race?

It's like in 4/5 posts...

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2010, 11:15:43 PM »
Does CBS set up teams facebook fan pages or is it up to the racers to make one? I could not find Catie's and Brent's.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2010, 12:10:17 AM »
Does CBS set up teams facebook fan pages or is it up to the racers to make one? I could not find Catie's and Brent's.

Well, they don't have to make one if they don't want to. Joseph & Heidi were the admins of their fan page, so I would assume they made it themselves.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2010, 01:36:50 PM »
I do think this is a team I don't like AT ALL, and thus, they'll make it far... :(

I don't know about her age, but although she had been 25, I wouldn't have taken her for the race.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2010, 01:56:31 PM »
I do think this is a team I don't like AT ALL, and thus, they'll make it far... :(

Agreed. But maybe they'll surprise us.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2010, 02:18:49 PM »
What better scenario could CBS and World Race Productions ask for than a former beauty pageant winner who flubs a geography question at the 2007 Miss Teen USA Pageant? She is a lot smarter than most people assume from the pageant winner resume. She could also be as athletic as Dustin and Kandice were. It would be total redemption of her image is she was able to win AR16. To do that I think she needs to stay positive in her relationship with Brent.  If she does, they will have earned their victory.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2010, 04:37:57 PM »
What better scenario could CBS and World Race Productions ask for than a former beauty pageant winner who flubs a geography question at the 2007 Miss Teen USA Pageant? She is a lot smarter than most people assume from the pageant winner resume. She could also be as athletic as Dustin and Kandice were. It would be total redemption of her image is she was able to win AR16. To do that I think she needs to stay positive in her relationship with Brent.  If she does, they will have earned their victory.

I'm not saying anything else about her bad appearance in Miss Teen USA... It is just that I don't see them a natural couple. There's something like Brent-talks-just-so-that-it-doesn't-seem-that-she-is-the-only-member-of-the-entire-team-and-this-team-is-just-AWFUL-for-me...

Offline RealityFanWA

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2010, 04:10:55 PM »
They gave me bad vibes from their intro video.  Add in that Brooke had no good things to say about Brent, and I'm wary of them.

I agree...I don't like to judge a book by it's cover but I'm not feeling this time...we will see how I feel after I see them compete haha...I won't be sorry if they go home soon in the race haha..

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2010, 05:55:24 PM »
Brent and Caite have a Fan Page too!!

They kindly agreed to let us have the link  to share here.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Amazing-Race-Season-16-Brent-and-Caite/261025266661?ref=ts
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2010, 08:04:47 AM »
Just heard on MY radio station that Caite will be on at 0710 AM tomorrow...98.5 FM  in Atlanta

So if you are in the Atlanta listening area, tune in!!
RFF's Golden Rule: