Author Topic: The Amazing Race 16 teams are out!  (Read 11112 times)

Offline sunnyca

• RFF Full Member
The Amazing Race 16 teams are out!
« on: January 21, 2010, 12:09:57 AM »
hi all! i've been away for a while, but now i'm back and excited for TAR16 to start! javascript:void(0);
maybe everybody on here knows this already but i just saw this article about TAR16 teams.. sorry if this is old news!

http://www.miamiherald.com/entertainment/AP/story/1437023.html

Cowboys, dectectives among 'Amazing Race' teams

By DERRIK J. LANG

AP Entertainment Writer

Jet and Cord McCoy, a pair of bull-riding brothers from Tupelo, Okla., are among the 11 teams competing on the upcoming 16th edition of CBS's "The Amazing Race." Other teams competing this season include a grandmother and granddaughter, a father and daughter, married high-school sweethearts, and a couple of attorney moms.

Jet, 30, and Cord, 29, who have both competed on the International Professional Rodeo Association circuit, said they were not daunted by their competition for the $1 million grand prize on the reality show premiering Feb. 14 (8 p.m. EST).

"We ride bucking bulls and horses," said Jet. "If we're gonna be intimidated, it's not by another team."

"I can ride a horse as fast as they can go," said Cord.

The biggest hurdle facing Louis Stravato, 47, and Michael Naylor, 45, at the beginning of the race was their backpacks. After seeing the behemoth bags carried by the Harlem Globtrotters last season, the longtime buddies and narcotics detectives from Providence, R.I., chose not to pack lightly. They ended up ditching clothes along the way.

"We are the two biggest idiots," said Stravato. "Before the race, we kept telling ourselves that the cameramen were going to have to check their stuff, so we would be able to check our giant 90-liter bags while we were racing around the world. When we got to the starting line and saw all these small bags on everybody else, we knew we were in big trouble."

A few of this season's contestants have previously been in the spotlight, including former "Big Brother" houseguests Jordan Lloyd, 22, and Jeff Schroeder, 31, as well as former Miss Teen South Carolina Caitlin Upton, 20, who is racing with her boyfriend, Brent Horne, 28. Upton said she wanted to redeem herself on the race after her infamous 2007 pageant flub involving a confused and mangled response to a geography question.

"People always picture me as the typical pageant girl, and I'm not at all," said Upton. "I've only been in five pageants. I'm actually a very athletic person. I'm just tired of being represented from that standpoint. I want to show people who I really am as a person, that I am capable of accomplishing anything and doing anything I put my mind to."

Lloyd and Schroeder, who began dating after Lloyd won the 11th season of "Big Brother" last summer, said fans of the claustrophobic reality show might be surprised to see how much the duo bickered on the 16th season of "The Amazing Race," which was filmed last November and December and spanned nearly 40,000 miles across five continents and eight countries.

"I wasn't prepared for how much we had to work together," admitted Schroeder.

"He wanted to ring my neck," added Lloyd, "and other times I wanted to kill him."

"Jordan, I was trying to say it in a nice way," said Schroeder.

For the first time, when the teams departed "The Amazing Race" starting line, they had to rely solely on public transportation - no rental cars, no taxis - to make their way from downtown Los Angeles to the airport, a world-class challenge in itself. Executive producer Bertram van Munster said the racers then headed to Valparaiso, Chile. Other stops included France and the Seychelles.

"We have never been to that place before," van Munster said of the lush island destination off the east coast of Africa. "We were looking into going to Africa, but I couldn't find any countries that would fit into the entire scheme of the race, and I wanted to go to an original place. It's very beautiful. It's very remote. It takes forever to get there."

---

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Amazing Race 16 teams are out!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 12:22:09 AM »
Maybe this should be in the spoilers board, as it lists specific countries (some of which I don't think had any sightings).

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 12:32:52 AM »
Its in the news and is no longer a spoiler

yeehawwwwww to the 5 Continents! Way to go Macaroons!! :jumpy: :jumpy: :yess:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 12:40:21 AM »
And booo to false spoilers coming from password territory.  No Dijibouti!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline sunnyca

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 01:00:10 AM »
..and for good measure, descriptions of all 11 teams, but no pix yet.

http://www.newsvine.com/_news/2010/01/21/3786263-a-look-at-the-amazing-race-teams

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 01:13:56 AM »
Derrick's article has been mass circulated, and if they are allowing the cast info to come out, then the official cast reveal should be right behind, perhaps in the AM. :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 01:46:55 AM »
Clearly, the AP got first dibs on the CBS press announcement -- otherwise the mass media would not have had any quotes from the Races. 

And France and the Seychelles --- interesting choices.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 08:30:59 AM »
WELCOME TO THE TAR 16 CAST!!!

Individual racer threads are on the way, please re-read the contestant rules before you post!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 01:46:15 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2010, 08:46:13 AM »
Bertram on TAR 16!!

Miss America?? Do you mean Caitlin?? :groan:

Phil:: A ZigZag course!

« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 09:51:53 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline inomu

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2010, 09:43:17 AM »
Seychelles wow! :jumpy: Cast looks great  :tup:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2010, 10:04:35 AM »
I love the father/daughter and grandmother/grand-daughter team!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2010, 10:23:40 AM »
Based on after interviews and first impression:

<3
Jody and Shannon
Steve and Allie

Michael and Louie
Carol and Brandy
Monique and Shawne
Daniel and Jordan

NEUTRAL
Adrain and Dana
Joe and Heidi
Jeff and Jordan

MEH
Jet and Cord *rolleyes at just focusing on competition*
Caite and Brent *rolleyes at Caite*

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2010, 11:29:57 AM »
Nice to see them.

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2010, 12:24:26 PM »
Looks like they're going to have Caitlin (or Caite) first billed.  Or not since Brent is on the left, I think.  Anyway, nice to see everything!
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2010, 01:10:58 PM »
Looks like they're going to have Caitlin (or Caite) first billed.  Or not since Brent is on the left, I think.  Anyway, nice to see everything!

It's usually in the order of the pictures from left to right. But not always. And as usual, the webmonkeys choose the worst order for many of the team names! :lol:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2010, 01:26:14 PM »
The racers are approving FB friend requests. I have about half of them already and am awaiting on most of the others.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2010, 11:07:36 PM »
Based on first impressions, my favorites are Caite & Brent, Steve & Allie, Dana & Adrian and Monique & Shawne!

The cast looks great, this time round! :yess:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2010, 11:20:59 PM »
While TAR 15 had a TAR 13 cast, this one has a TAR 10 aura to it.
Let's just hope it doesn't go into TAR 14 territory.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2010, 11:53:34 AM »
While TAR 15 had a TAR 13 cast, this one has a TAR 10 aura to it.
Let's just hope it doesn't go into TAR 14 territory.

I thought TAR 14 cast was unbelievable. This season cast had abit of TAR 12 feeling to it... TAR 10 cast was good too... this season cast doesn't look as good.

Maybe it's because i had about 75% faves for TAR 14 cast and this season i only really like 2 teams so far.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2010, 12:55:47 PM »
I'm in the honeymoon phase...I LOVE them all!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2010, 01:25:04 PM »
Like:
Adrian & Dana
Jet & Cord
Jody & Shannon
Joseph & Heidi
Louie & Michael
Monique & Shawne
Steve & Allie

Meh:
Brent & Caite
Carol & Brandy
Daniel & Jordan
Jeff & Jordan
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2010, 01:37:46 PM »
what, no 12th team on TAR 16?!?  And hopefully either one of the 2 all female teams should make it to the final 3 and win the $1 million prize.  Just beat Jeff and Jordan and the 3 all-male teams. :'(

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2010, 01:49:28 PM »
While I'm not in the "pre-fav" type of evaluation guessing on personalities, I do look at the official bios and whatever else hits the media to look for teams that have the most promising set of Racer skills. While there have been rule changes, the basic set of necessary skills haven't really changed (even knowing how to work an airport and driving stick-shift and reading maps still have some importance),

The recent seasons generally appear to have been better cast than say, seasons 6,7,9, and 10 (FE and AS are something different) and even though there are semi-celebrity teams, they generally appear to have at least one team member that is a dedicated fan of TAR, they do submit the applications and videos, abd this is something I can accept as part of fair casting. At least the stunt casting where neither team member knows anything about TAR has been kept to a minimum and that I think is where the casts have definitely improved.

I plan to post my pick(s) based on skill sets for final three or winning before February 14th, but I'm not ready yet.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2010, 05:51:34 PM »
I don't choose personal favorites until at least the end of the second episode. At least see these people in action before bashing them!

Offline nathandg0924

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2010, 08:38:35 AM »
They look like good teams and as always, there would be a team that we will like and/or dislike. I would not decide who are my favorites before I see how they do during the race. Don't say that you like them or dislike them before the race stars, those teams that you don't like (maybe, for now) might actually be really good teams! :lol:

But definitely this is a season that we will look forward to! :jumpy: :wohoo: