Author Topic: Celebrity Amazing Race  (Read 13506 times)

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Celebrity Amazing Race
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2010, 06:37:10 PM »
But, I feel the recent batch of epicness in the teams department is just asking for an eventual All-Stars 2
(especially from Season 14. I could see 5 out of the top 6 teams being major contendors for an All-Star edition)

Ew, yuck, no! No more exposure to them, please. :groan:

I see only two of those top 5 teams as options. Along with the 3 teams from about 9th-7th place who were ROBBED. :lol:

If I could choose the second All-Stars cast (if it were TAR 16, though I know it won't be), here's what I would go with:

Kris & Jon
Lena & Kristy
Ronald & Christina
Azaria & Hendekea
Ken & Tina
Toni & Dallas
Mark & Bill
Amanda & Kris
Jamie & Cara
Zev & Justin
Herbert & Nathaniel

So it would be a collection of fan favorites as well as teams who were ROBBED the first time! :jumpy:

replace Kris & Jon with Margie and Luke and I agree with you

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2010, 06:38:47 PM »
But, I feel the recent batch of epicness in the teams department is just asking for an eventual All-Stars 2
(especially from Season 14. I could see 5 out of the top 6 teams being major contendors for an All-Star edition)

Ew, yuck, no! No more exposure to them, please. :groan:

I see only two of those top 5 teams as options. Along with the 3 teams from about 9th-7th place who were ROBBED. :lol:

If I could choose the second All-Stars cast (if it were TAR 16, though I know it won't be), here's what I would go with:

Kris & Jon
Lena & Kristy
Ronald & Christina
Azaria & Hendekea
Ken & Tina
Toni & Dallas
Mark & Bill
Amanda & Kris
Jamie & Cara
Zev & Justin
Herbert & Nathaniel

So it would be a collection of fan favorites as well as teams who were ROBBED the first time! :jumpy:

replace Kris & Jon with Margie and Luke and I agree with you

We'll add them and go with a 12-team race! :wohoo:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2010, 01:33:25 AM »
The first leg could be a non-elimination leg, so they at least get two episodes.

The solution! :jam:

I say 9th places!
:lol:

So true...nearly all of them had great potential.

9th places would be good, wouldn't it be epic to see Heather & Eve and Lena & Kristy again! :neener:

Jim & Marsha, Debbie & Bianca, Wanda & Desiree, Duke & Lauren, Marianna & Julia, Zev & Justin and particularly Mark & Bill all seemed great!
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

DavidJunior

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2010, 02:10:13 AM »
How about a Naughty vs. Nice season? (to be aired, you guessed it, right around christmas time :P)

and I only count teams from All-Stars on as eligable, even though CBS probably wouldn't  :res:

but here would be my list:

S11: Uchenna and Joyce Nice Team (who on Earth is nicer than these two?)
S11: Joe and Bill Naughty Team (who on Earth is more evil than these two?)
S12: Nathan and Jennifer Naughty Team (arguing is very naughty)
S12: Kynt and Vyxsin Nice Team (nicest and most upbeat team in recent seasons)
S13: Ken and Tina Nice Team (very helpful to other teams, even though they didn't need to be)
S13: Kelly and Christie Naughty Team (drama drama drama)
S14: Margie and Luke Naughty Team (Blind U-turn epicness)
S14: Kisha and Jen Nice Team (they worked a lot on team unity [they were so nice to eachother by the end], no grudges held either)
S15: Brian and Ericka Nice Team (Helpful, never tried to screw over others, never attacked another team)
S15: Sam and Dan Naughty Team (stealing Brian and Ericka's taxi in Prague I </3)

and two wild cards:
S14: Cara and Jaime Naughty Team (Jaime's hatred for every foreign taxi driver on the planet)
S13: Andrew and Dan Nice Team (friends with everyone)

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2010, 02:14:31 AM »
I wouldn't count Kelly and Christy as naughty. Just kinda, well... dumb.

DavidJunior

« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2010, 02:17:44 AM »

oh they were dumb alright

but the main drama that season dealt with and was started by them

not a very naughty bunch if you ask me (as opposed to the next two seasons)

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2010, 08:35:41 AM »

Ha!  I think several people thought they were sort of dumb trying to be naughty (and a lot of other things).  Regardless, they're both awesome, and if they were to bring back a former 6th place last F/F team standing, I go for them before Maria & Tiffany.  A very tough call, but I think Kelly & Christy would perform a lot better (F3) based on some experience and trying to prove doubters wrong.  Basically similar to Parvati on Survivor who went from a little irrelevant to a very powerful player.
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2010, 08:46:45 AM »
The current number of celebrities now is the exact to balance non-famous people activeness and competitivity along with celebrities action. I like it, by the way, but don't know whether a Famous People TAR would work... We'd have to see it first!

Offline Benedicto

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • OMG....Natalie...Prayer Warriors Prevails <3
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2010, 10:31:58 PM »
LADY GAGA + ELTON JOHN FTW!  :hearts:  :jumpy:  :wohoo:
I'M ON THE EDGE WITH YOU

Offline cssmithvt

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2010, 12:28:54 AM »
I think that a purely celebrity series would be the death of TAR, IMO.

Was gonna post that it's my opinion that a Celebrity edition is what likely killed The Mole but felt a bit too harsh. Glad others agree with me.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2010, 01:26:15 AM »
The current number of celebrities now is the exact to balance non-famous people activeness and competitivity along with celebrities action. I like it, by the way, but don't know whether a Famous People TAR would work... We'd have to see it first!

The frustrating thing is that the celebrities tend to do better. We find that most (if not all) of the teams falling out early are the "normal people."
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline nathandg0924

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2010, 01:52:31 AM »

The frustrating thing is that the celebrities tend to do better. We find that most (if not all) of the teams falling out early are the "normal people."

:groan: That's not always true! But I admit, not a good idea to have an All celebrity Amazing race

DavidJunior

« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2010, 03:11:30 AM »

:groan: That's not always true! But I admit, not a good idea to have an All celebrity Amazing race

actually, i think it might.  going through the teams, with the exception of three, all teams who had a previous claim to fame made the final 6.

two of the exceptions were 7th place finishers (Gus and Hera of Season 6, and Monica and Sheree of Season 4)

only Alison and Donny of Season 5 were unable to pass the first couple legs (finishing 10th)

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2010, 05:04:15 AM »
I don't know whether a Celebrity TAR would work or not, but I want to see another All Stars (even though now its impossible)

Here are my teams if that happen (12 teams)

1. Kynt and Vyxsin
2. Ronald and Christina
3. Colin and Christie
4. Jaime and Cara
5. Margie and Luke
6. Ari and Stella (even though they are short lived)
7. Zev and Justin
8. Sam and Dan/Flight Time and Big Easy
9. Ken and Tina
10. Toni and Dallas
11. Kelly and Christy
12. Fran and Barry

If this turns into a wish list, sorry, my fault  :-[
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D