Author Topic: Amazing Race Game  (Read 9832 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Amazing Race Game
« on: May 14, 2004, 11:28:15 AM »
Do you all want to join a league?
I already created one for us..the game is not open yet but ..you can register  ;)
League Name
Reality Fan Forum
Password
banana

Welcome to RealityTVPlanet.com Games!

The new round for this game has not yet started.

Please check back later.
Site http://www.realitytvplanet.com/games/g_1_amazing_race5.php

Game information

http://www.realitytvplanet.com/games/g_1_amazing_race5_info.php

CindiLou

Re: Amazing Race Game
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2004, 09:55:36 AM »
Count me in! I LOVE GAMES!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2004, 06:26:20 PM »
 :D :D :D..we could have as many players as we want ..Thank you CindiLou  :-*

CindiLou

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2004, 02:57:32 PM »
Puddin, I went to that site but I can't find where I register and where I would log in and how to join a league already created? Help!

Offline drumstyx47

• RFF Full Member
  • Emilio says: Go check out Survivor: Second Chance!
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2004, 04:12:03 PM »
what kinda game are we talkin 'bout puddin?
"I stick around until they start talking about gay stuff or Jesus stuff, then i just walk away" -Rudy, on Tagi's group discussions

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2004, 04:23:26 PM »
Hey Cindi...I just registered and joined the RFF league.

+Click the 1st link Puddin gave us.
+Click "PLAY THE GAME".
+On the next page, scroll down a bit to "Reality TV Planet Registration".
+Hit that link, which goes to the Forum.  At the top, under the RTVP title, there are some tiny links.
+Click on "Register" (to the far right). 

After you register, & confirm your registration, look for the orange links to the right. 
+Click LEAGUES.  RFF is at the bottom of the page.
Click JOIN & enter the PW (banana).  That's it!  :)

(It says AR4 tho.  Hey Puddin, does it matter?  I looked for AR5, but no find)

Cindi, Hope this helps! ;D

Rudy

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2004, 04:38:19 PM »
what kinda game are we talkin 'bout puddin?

Hi Drumstyx,

Me not Puddin, but sure she won't mind if I answer your question!  Hit the 2nd link she gave.  It takes you to the game description/rules.
I've never played this game, but my understanding is you answer questions about what may or may not happen during each eppy. Right Puddin?! ;D

Rudy

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2004, 05:58:22 PM »
Well Rudy you are sweetheart .. :-* Thanks for answering the above Questions .. :-*

Right now it says TAR4 ..I'm sure that its not updated yet .
Anyway ..its a weekly challenge game..they usually post about 13 questions
i.e.~

Which team will be the first to arrive at the detour?       (Weight: 40)  pts

Which team will be the first to arrive at the road block?       (Weight: 40)  pts

Which team will be the first to arrive at the pit stop?       (Weight: 40)  pts

Which team will arrive at the pit stop in second place?       (Weight: 40)  pts

Which team will arrive at the pit stop in third place?       (Weight: 40)  pts

Did a team cheat by sabotaging another team? And then get eliminated?       (Weight: 30) pts

Will any team give misinformation to another team?       (Weight: 20) pts

I hope this helps??           puddin
« Last Edit: May 16, 2004, 06:04:47 PM by puddin »

CindiLou

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2004, 07:17:05 PM »
Thanks Rudy and Puddin! It will give us something to do until September when Survivor starts again!

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2004, 07:27:08 PM »
Yore so welcome, Puddin.  Now I have a question! What's w/ the word WEIGHT??  What's the context of it in relation to the points?  Sorriiiee...I know I'm gonna feel duhhh when you explain it, but I've never seen that in conjunction to points earned!!! :P

Another question.  Maybe you've posted it and i just haven't found it yet.  What is going on w/ SNN ASS scores for EP 15??  They still aren't posted!!  Is Snews on vacation or sumthun?? :o ::)

Thanks!

Ruday ;D

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2004, 08:12:36 PM »
Weight = points  Why they call it weight "I Dunno" lol

As far as the SNN game goes..I've been checking it everyday..I heard that Snewser is away  ;)
(hehe I rhymed  :D)

Theresa

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2004, 08:54:04 PM »
He did this the last two years that i played.  It is one reason i lost respect for Snewser.  i don't know about last year but i played the two yrs before that and he did the same thing.  If he can't get to it he should have an asst that can.

t

Offline drumstyx47

• RFF Full Member
  • Emilio says: Go check out Survivor: Second Chance!
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2004, 08:57:25 PM »
Thanks you two!!!
"I stick around until they start talking about gay stuff or Jesus stuff, then i just walk away" -Rudy, on Tagi's group discussions

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2004, 03:29:43 PM »
Anyone still interested in playing ?? :D I thought that maybe we could all play as one Great team ?? I will  share my picks as soon as I do some analyzing..(snooping )

Weight= points ;)

http://www.realitytvplanet.com/games/g_play.php?game=amazing_race5

The game is up  :;>)

The Amazing Race 5 Weekly Challenge
Round: 1
When the racers open their first clue, where will they be told to go to find the next route marker?       (Weight: 50)
 North America (Mexico. Central America, or the Caribbean)
 South America
 Europe
 Africa
 Somewhere Else

How many of the teams will make a flight connection through the Miami airport?       (Weight: 25)
 1 - 5
 6 - 10
 All 11

Weekly Alison Question: Other than during introductions, will either Alison or Donny mention Big Brother?       (Weight: 50)
 Yes
 No

After leaving the U.S., will any of the teams drive themselves in a motorized vehicle during the race?       (Weight: 50)
 Yes
 No

For how many of the seven man/woman teams will the man perform the roadblock?       (Weight: 75)
 0 or no roadblock this week
 1 - 3
 4 - 6
 All 7

Which of the following will happen concerning maps?       (Weight: 50)
 Racers will find a map/maps in a clue envelope.
 Racers will not receive maps but may acquire them.
 Racers may look at maps they find but cannot take them.
 Racers will not be allowed to use maps in any way.

Which team will reach the pit stop in the top three?       (Weight: 75)
 Alison/Donny
 Bob/Joyce
 Brandon/Nicole
 Charla/Mirna
 Colin/Christie
 Chip/Kim
 Dennis/Erika
 Jim/Marsha
 Kami/Karli
 Linda/Karen
 Marshall/Lance

Which team will be eliminated?       (Weight: 125)
 Alison/Donny
 Bob/Joyce
 Brandon/Nicole
 Charla/Mirna
 Colin/Christie
 Chip/Kim
 Dennis/Erika
 Jim/Marsha
 Kami/Karli
 Linda/Karen
 Marshall/Lance

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2004, 03:53:44 PM »
Waiting on confirmation email since I registered...will sign up soon.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2004, 04:02:54 PM »
Awesome Texan :D

I should warn you all that once you make your picks you can't change them.
I was so excited that I made my picks..The first round is always the hardest without really knowing the teams ..so for what it's worth here are my picks ( I can remember there being talk about no maps ?? I can't find any news about this so ..I'll just say no maps allowed ?)

Your picks have been recorded.

You submitted the following:
Round: 1
Single-answer questions:
Question 1: When the racers open their first clue, where will they be told to go to find the next route marker?
Your answer: South America
Question 2: How many of the teams will make a flight connection through the Miami airport?
Your answer: All 11
Question 3: Weekly Alison Question: Other than during introductions, will either Alison or Donny mention Big Brother?
Your answer: No
Question 4: After leaving the U.S., will any of the teams drive themselves in a motorized vehicle during the race?
Your answer: Yes
Question 5: For how many of the seven man/woman teams will the man perform the roadblock?
Your answer: 1 - 3
Multiple-answer questions:
Question 1: Which of the following will happen concerning maps?
Your answer: Racers will not be allowed to use maps in any way.
Question 2: Which team will reach the pit stop in the top three?
Your answer: Dennis/Erika
Question 3: Which team will be eliminated?
Your answer: Jim/Marsha

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2004, 04:05:24 PM »
Saw this at http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race5/
It leads me to beleive there are no maps ??

They'll never know where they're going next or what they'll have to do once there.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2004, 04:08:06 PM »
Glad you posted that you can nto change...was nto sure who to pick.

Puddin should we start a new thread that says week 1 discussion thread?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2004, 04:19:21 PM »
Sounds great Texan ..And anyone can join the game..everyone is welcome..

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2004, 04:24:55 PM »
I am confused....I clicked on RFF but is says TAR4 and some say TAR5.  Did I sign up in the right place??

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2004, 04:28:03 PM »
http://www.realitytvplanet.com/games/g_1_amazing_race5.php

I know Texan..I don't know why thats coming up..probably because I created the team RFF before the game was up?
Anyway just click on play the game..that should work

Offline Spooky

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2004, 07:25:02 PM »
I think I joined it right ??? ???, although haven't decided on picks yet. When is the deadline?
"Cats work out mathematically the exact place to sit that will cause the most inconvenience."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2004, 08:11:36 PM »
here you go Spooky ~ :D :D I hope that you play..we really miss you around here :-*

Game Description: The Amazing Race 5 Weekly Challenge poses a series of questions, each week. If you guess correctly, you win points.

How do I play?
It's simple! After registering, you can log in and make your picks for the next episode. Each week you can come back and make picks for that weeks episode.
When can I make my picks?
You can make your picks after you login, anytime up two hours before the show airs on the east coast. At that time, all picks will be locked. The questions for the next episode usually open within a few hours after the previous episode airs.
How does the scoring work?
Each week you will be scored based on the picks you made for that weeks episode. The "weight" of each question will be clearly marked. Some questions may be worth 50 points (i.e., weight: 50) while other easier questions may only be worth 10 points (i.e., weight: 10). Also, some questions may have a negative weight (e.g., weight -10), as in "who will NOT be eliminated this week?" If you are incorrect and the team that you picked got eliminated, then your score will be reduced (by 10 points in this example). If you miss a week (or fail to make picks for a certain week), then you will simply be sitting out that round, and your score will remain the same--you will not be awarded any points for that week, and neither will you be penalized.

What if there is no correct answer for a question?
There may be a case where we ask a question that for some reason does not have a correct answer. In this case, no points will be awarded for that question. We do not see this happening very often, but it is a possibility.

How do you determine the overall winner?
The overall winner is simply the player with the most points. He/she with the most points wins. If two or more players have an equal number of points, then they share the title of "greatest and smartest fan." :)

Is there a prize if I win?
RealityTVPlanet.com accepts donations for prizes. If a prize is donated for a particular game, then you will be awarded a prize. If no prize is donated for a game, then, your reward is simply the honor of knowing that you are our "greatest and smartest fan." To donate a prize, you can mail it to the address found here.

How and when are the leader boards generated?
As soon as the round is scored by the game leader, all of the leader boards are generated. A game leader usually scores a round as soon as the answers to the questions are known. The higher your score, the higher your rank will be on the leader boards Typically, our leader boards only display the top 40 scores.

What if a game leader makes a mistake in scoring?
If a game leader makes a mistake in scoring (God forbid), then we will be in a world of hurt. Just kidding. But, to correct an error, we will have to delete all of the scores for that round and re-score the round.

What happens if I don't make my picks one week?
If you don't make any picks for a week, you will simply earn 0 points for the week. You will still be in the game and still be able to win the game.

Who can play and who can win?
Any member of RealityTVPlanet.com can play our games. But, anyone who works for one of the TV shows or members of their immediate family are not eligible to win a prize, if there is a prize. Also we discourage contestants on the show from playing our games, since they already know the answers. Also, game leaders are discouraged from playing in the games that they create. Since game leaders interpret the answers to the questions, they are discouraged from playing in the games that they create.

What happens if the site goes down and I can't make my picks?
We will make every effort to provide the hardware and the Internet connectivity to keep the site running smoothly. But, we recommend that you make your picks early in the week so that everyone will not be trying to make their picks on the day of the show.

Leagues

What is a league?
A league is a group of players who compete against each other as well as against other leagues.

How big can a league be?
A league can have an unlimited number of players. But, only the top 40 scores will be listed on the League's leader board.

How many leagues can I create or join?
You may create and join as many leagues as you would like. However, we reserve the right to delete leagues that remain inactive for a number of weeks.

How are league ranks calculated?
Not only are you competing against the other members of your league, but leagues compete against each other. As of right now, league scores are determined by adding up the total scores of all of the members of your league. So, the more users in a league, the higher their point total and the higher their rank. However, if a few leagues dominate, then we may change league scoring so that the total points of all of the members of your league are calculated and then divided by the number of players in your league. But, right now, the leagues with most players have the advantage.

Can I be kicked out of a league?
The owner of a league cannot kick you out, but if you fail to make picks for 3 consecutive weeks, you may be removed from a league.

What is a private League?
A private league is a league where a password is required to join. In order to join a private league, you must get the password from the league creator or from a member of the private league. You have to be a member of a private league in order to use our "invite a friend" form for that particular league.

What do I get if I am ranked #1 in my League or if my League is ranked #1?
Nothing. Leagues are just for fun.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2004, 09:58:21 AM »
Puddin

Can you see how many have joined?  Will it let us know who else is in the group ~ similar to snewser.

The more players the better.  You are just answering questions...no one gets booted and it is just fun.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2004, 11:44:53 AM »
I cant see how many members we have ? I think once the game is scored we can see who's playing..no biggie..my last league was just me and my 2 sisters..we still did well..like you said its just for fun ..