Author Topic: TAR 6: Kris and Jon "not a lot of screen time"  (Read 23860 times)

Offline whoistheg

• RFF Not So Newbie
TAR 6: Kris and Jon "not a lot of screen time"
« on: January 05, 2010, 06:58:42 PM »
Hey All

New member here :)

I've started watching all the TAR seasons again and we just finished Season 6.

I have to say so far Kris and Jon would have to be the only team to finish
in the top 3 and have the least amount of screen time than any other couple ?

I guess Season 6 had a lot of different personalities that these 2 just kinda
slipped under the radar.

I mean they had a little bit of trouble with Taxis in China final 2 legs but besides
that blink and you miss them

To almost win it and yet you barely know them .

Any other teams like this?

PS.. Loved the Keylock Challenge in China. Along with Caviar probably the best in the 6 seasons so far :)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 01:16:23 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Season 6: Kris and Jon not a lot of screen time
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 01:08:59 AM »
:welcome: to RFF whoistheg!!

Kris and Jon may be one of the most beloved teams ever for their wonderfull appreciation of the race...I loved them!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 01:13:47 AM »
Yes, there are other teams that have small amounts of screen time, but so far this team is the only one I can think of that made it to the Final 3 (unless you count TK & Rachel's blandness as being a small amount of screentime :lol:).

Other teams with hardly any screen time were Anthony & Stephanie, Eric & Lisa, Vipul & Arti, and Garrett & Jessica. Most seem to have occurred in recent seasons.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 09:06:37 AM »
I think that a standard needs to be established to make this topic viable. No team that was eliminated in the first 5 episodes should be considered because they had minimal opportunities for screen time. Any team in at least 6 episodes can be considered. Using that standard, here are the teams that I think qualify for minimal screen time:

A team I think were nearly invisible was Aja/Ty in AR13, where they made it to episode 5 (Cambodia). They lasted though South America with little screen time, then their problems in New Zealand were not highlighted until the end when they got a slim victory over Marissa/Brooke. The only leg where we saw much of them onscreen was Siem Reap and throughout that episode we knew they were doomed by the flight schedules before they were actually eliminated.

Another team qualifying for the "invisible men" were Andre and Damon in AR3, who made it through 6 episodes before being eliminated in the 7th. There was the hassle by the police in Casablanca, followed by their not making it past the Paris airport that night. I then remember them sleeping on the train past Innsbruck, but that hardly mattered since they were already incapable of getting out of last place and elimination.

A third team is Karli and Kami in AR5. They made it all the away eastward to New Zealand in episode 10. They were visible swimming across a short patch of water to a tiny island off Bahia Lopez in the Bariloche area. They had a difficult time loading the sheep and goats into the felucca for the voyage across the Nile River. Their decision to not go for the Amazing Race flag cost them about 45 minutes and bankrupting in the Dubai sky-diving, but they were non-eliminated. Other than these incidents, I do not remember seeing them on the AR5 telecast much.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 02:27:45 PM by apskip »

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 01:24:44 PM »
I think that a standard needs to be established to make this topic viable. No team that was eliminated in the first 5 episodes should be considered because they had minimal opportunities for screen time. Any team in at least 6 episodes can be considered. Using that standard, here are the teams that I think qualify for minimal screen time:

A team I think were nearly invisible was Aja/Ty in AR13, where they made it to episode 6. They lasted though South America with little screen time, then their problems in New Zealand were not highlighted until the end when they got a slim victory over Marissa/Brooke. The only leg where we saw much of them onscreen was Siem Reap and throughout that episode we knew they were doomed by the flight schedules before they were actually eliminated.

Another team qualifying for the "invisible men" were Andre and Damon in AR3, who made it through 6 episodes before being eliminated in the 7th. There was the hassle by the police in Casablanca, followed by their not making it past the Paris airport that night. I then remember them sleeping on the train past Innsbruck, but that hardly mattered since they were already incapable of getting out of last place and elimination.

A third team is Karli and Kami in AR5. They made it all the away eastward to New Zealand in episode 10. They were visible swimming across a short patch of water to a tiny island off Bahia Lopez in the Bariloche area. They had a difficult time loading the sheep and goats into the felucca for the voyage across the Nile River. Their decision to not go for the Amazing Race flag cost them about 45 minutes and bankrupting in the Dubai sky-diving, but they were non-eliminated. Other than these incidents, I do not remember seeing them on the AR5 telecast much.

Well, if you look at it as screentime per episode, rather than per whole season, you can also establish a standard for any given episode and judge based on that for teams that are eliminated early (such as the first leg). That's what I was judging based on. Even for how little these teams lasted, they still didn't have as much average screentime while they were around (excluding Eric & Lisa, who really couldn't have that much screentime) as the other teams.

Oh, and Aja & Ty only made it to Episode 5. :tup:

Another team we could mention is LaKisha & Jennifer from TAR14, who were not really noticeable until about Ep. 7 or 8, and they went all the way to the top 4.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline inomu

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 05:13:20 PM »
I rewatched season 6 too just couple days ago. That season was full of teams and persons that created some drama all the time (Johnathan & Victoria, Adam & Rebecca, Lori & Bolo, Hayden, Kendra  :drama). So considering that it's not weird that Kris and Jon got so little screen time.

ps. Season 6 is my favourite season

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 02:00:39 PM »
Mine too. Kris & Jon were my favorite team of all the seasons. Hardly got mad. Had a great attitude. Appreciated everywhere they went. I still recognize them as the winners of TAR6 over Freddie & racist Kendra.
Just here to visit.

Offline nathandg0924

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2010, 09:28:14 AM »
I still remember season 6. They were a good team, probably the best team in that season :tup:

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2010, 11:44:59 AM »
 :welcome2: to RFF, nathandg!

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2010, 04:11:28 PM »
Yes, there are other teams that have small amounts of screen time, but so far this team is the only one I can think of that made it to the Final 3 (unless you count TK & Rachel's blandness as being a small amount of screentime :lol:).

Other teams with hardly any screen time were Anthony & Stephanie, Eric & Lisa, Vipul & Arti, and Garrett & Jessica. Most seem to have occurred in recent seasons.

This little screen time make me think who is out soon and who is not. When you get to know teams because they are seen a lot, they will get far.

And about this thread, I can't say anything but I LOVE KRIS & JON!!

Kris & Jon were one of the best teams EVER! 4 1st places, 4 2nd Places, 2 3rd Places and 2 4th Places. Really amazing! They were also fun, for my point of view (Flinstones Moment in Hungary <33333333), and they didn't bicker against anyone, nor between them

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2010, 09:12:53 PM »
This little screen time make me think who is out soon and who is not. When you get to know teams because they are seen a lot, they will get far.

Kris & Jon were one of the best teams EVER! 4 1st places, 4 2nd Places, 2 3rd Places and 2 4th Places. Really amazing! They were also fun, for my point of view (Flinstones Moment in Hungary <33333333), and they didn't bicker against anyone, nor between them

Very true. I wish all the teams were talked about and given personality, but lately it's only the ones who will make it far. And that's before the show has even started. :P

Kris & Jon love! :hearts:

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2010, 02:14:18 AM »

Eric & Lisa barely started the race, before it came to an end

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2010, 03:44:24 PM »

Very true. I wish all the teams were talked about and given personality, but lately it's only the ones who will make it far. And that's before the show has even started. :P

For this season, the teams without personality seem to be Joseph & Heidi and Adrian & Dana. Anyone want to guess how they will finish? :P

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2010, 09:32:35 AM »

For this season, the teams without personality seem to be Joseph & Heidi and Adrian & Dana. Anyone want to guess how they will finish? :P

I took this into account so as to post my thoughts in TAR 16 Racers board. I just thought about each teams chances and wrote them down... I loved doing that, :funny:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2011, 03:42:43 PM »
Well, this seems to be the only Kris and Jon thread in the RFF forums (and there isn't one in The Racers subforum) for some reason.

I wanted to extend a hearty and happy congratulations to the newlyweds, who apparently tied the knot the weekend before last in Cabo. Congratulations! It's about time!
-- theschnauzers

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2011, 03:45:05 PM »
Congrats, Kris and Jon!
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2011, 04:04:20 PM »
Yeah! Congrats Kris & Jon! Still one of my fave teams ever!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2011, 04:57:22 PM »
Mine too!! Much happiness to the both of them!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2011, 06:40:57 PM »
Congrats indeed, and about damn time! 

Favorite couple team in race history for me, and 2nd favorite overall team.  A great touch of class in a season that desperately needed it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2011, 07:18:22 PM »
Who is the first favorite? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2011, 07:38:02 PM »
Who is the first favorite? ???

*cough*Eric/Jeremy*cough*

Best wishes to the happy couple!  :jam:
It seems like they (and nearly every other TAR 6 team) dropped off the face of the earth.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2011, 07:54:57 PM »
Well, this seems to be the only Kris and Jon thread in the RFF forums (and there isn't one in The Racers subforum) for some reason.

I wanted to extend a hearty and happy congratulations to the newlyweds, who apparently tied the knot the weekend before last in Cabo. Congratulations! It's about time!

Congratulations to Kris & Jon!  I really wanted them to win in their season!

Belle Book

Offline legalteacher

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2011, 09:14:24 PM »
I didn't realize that they had gotten married.  Congratulations to one of my 2 favorite Amazing Race teams! In my mind Kris & Jon won Season 6.

Offline Rogue

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2011, 09:40:54 PM »
They are also my second favorite team so congrats to them! It's about time! Since S6, every couple, well every team, has to live up to the Kris and Jon standard. I just can't stand all that whining and arguing; although I'm sure it makes for good television.
You don't always win the race by making the best forward moves but you make it by avoiding the huge moves that set you back. -Nat

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2011, 04:06:06 AM »
Congratulations Kris & Jon!  :hearts: