Author Topic: VANUATU IT IS !!!  (Read 18184 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
VANUATU IT IS !!!
« on: May 13, 2004, 10:53:08 PM »

http://p085.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm19.showMessage?topicID=2126.topic

Wezzie
MESS member
(3/11/04 12:49 am)
ezSupporter
 CONFIRMED!!! SURVIVOR: VANUATU, Islands of Fire
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Confirmed!!! It's Vanuatu! Kudos to Quartzeye for the logo!!!

Survivor Maps has heard through the spoiler grapevine that a future Survivor will be filmed in Vanuatu. Locals are reportedly very excited at the prospect for toursim, publicity and the money the production will inject into the local economy.

Anyone speak Bislama?

Dan and Wezzie

www.lonelyplanet.com/destinations/pacific/vanuatu/
www.vanuatu.net.vu/
www.presse.com.vu/

Edited by: Wezzie at: 5/13/04 8:29 pm

Theresa

Re: VANUATU IT IS !!!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2004, 10:55:32 PM »
Wow, i love that pic

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2004, 10:55:51 PM »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2004, 11:06:04 PM »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2004, 11:16:41 PM »
http://www.pilotguides.com/destination_guide/pacific/pacific_islands/index.php

Pacific Islands: Fiji, Vanuatu & Solomon Islands

The Pacific Islands boast an intriguing mix of people, religion and cultures encompassing 13 island nations and a population of just over 6 million.

The warm waters around many of the islands make for some of the best diving in the world with beautiful coral reefs teeming with aquatic life and the occasional second world war shipwreck to explore. Inland, you can trek through lush tropical rainforests, or visit bubbling active volcanoes. Many traditional cultures and practices such as ‘shell money’ or ‘kava drinking’ have survived in various forms to the present day. Some such as cannibalism and headhunting have long since disappeared, but the stories and legends live on. Today, the people of the Pacific Islands are welcoming and friendly
« Last Edit: May 13, 2004, 11:22:22 PM by Puddin »

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2004, 12:20:01 AM »
Sounds like a very intriguing/interesting location!  Great photo, Puddin.  Thanks!  ;D

Theresa

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2004, 07:11:04 AM »
i have that photo now as my background on MSN messenger, i love that picture.  Did i ever say i am a fire person....

t

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2004, 10:24:16 AM »

Did i ever say i am a fire person....
We should have known Theresa...lol

Offline amikino

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2004, 10:42:59 AM »
I have not been to Vanuatu, but I've been to Bora Bora and Tahiti, which are not far to the east in French Polynesia.  It is truly beautiful there.  The islands are surrounded by coral reefs so the immediate swimming areas are protected lagoons.  There are lots of beautiful tropical fish but also many sharks, huge manta rays, and baracudas.  Oh, and Moray Eels.  There are large clam-like creatures on the bottom and if you were to get your finger into one of them and they clamped down, you would drown.  Also, Sea Urchins with long, sharp spindly spikes.  I live in Florida and I'm used to salt water critters, but these are much bigger than anything we have.  But I have to say that I swam and snorkled without misshap.  The people are extremely friendly and love to talk to you.  We are starting summer so they are starting winter but I don't think it gets too cold.  It may be drier than it was in Panama.  It is just so beautiful in the South Pacific and you should make it one of your places to get to once in your life.  It takes forever to get there, but it's worth it.  From Florida it took us approximately 24 hours with all the plane changes.   

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2004, 10:50:49 AM »

Wow amikino I am impressed ! Thank you for sharing..I could only dream of taking a vacation like that..

Offline Stevethecomputergeek

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2004, 10:33:07 PM »
 Vanuatu is recognised as one of the most culturally diverse countries in the world.
There are small communities of French, British, Australian, new Zealand, Vietnamese, Chinese and other Pacific Island people living in harmony with the Ni-Vanuatu.  Until 1980 Vanuatu, then known as the New Hebrides, was jointly administered by France and Britain as a "Condominium".
Most of Vanuatu's islands are lightly populated lush preserves of forest.  Some have active volcanoes. 
All are surrounded by sea that is still clean.  Of those inhabited, some such as Malekula and Ambrym are home to some of the South Pacific's last truly primitive people in places not easily accessible.

Tanna, an hours flight south of Port Vila is the home of the "John Frum" Cargo Cult people, and is also the location for the "Toka" ritual dance.

On the island of Pentecost the land diving ritual takes place during April and May, with men jumping from towers constructed from bush materials to be brought up just short of the ground by vines tied to their legs.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2004, 11:34:10 PM »
http://www.survivorfever.net/vc_s9_page1.html

Promo Voice Over

In the remote waters of the South Pacific near the tumultuous ring of fire is an exotic land where ancient cultures thrive and nature makes it's fury known.  These are the islands of Vanuatu.   In this land of volcanoes and ritual, sorcery is real and the spirits of the dead are believed to have power over the living.  More than 80 islands are home to over 100 languages and a diverse group of tribes and clans live out their history in today's world.   Vanuatu is the home to the famous land divers of Pentecost Island.  Vanuatu is also a land with a fascinating history of cannibalism.  But these islands are also a tropical paradise with untamed jungles, stunning beaches and crystal blue waters.  The indigenous peoples have made this archipelago home for over 5000 years.  Soon 16 new castaways will be abandoned here, forced to make a new world while competing against each other.  Find out this fall who will outwit, outplay and outlast all the others in Survivor: Vanuatu, Islands of Fire.

Offline nelehrox

• RFF Sr. Member
  • -Neleh Rocks-
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2004, 11:32:16 AM »
This new season looks so cool! I cant wait 4 months though  :'( I guess I will have to. But about the 16 castaways I would like to see a person who is like colleen haskell + jenna morasca + a little jerri combined. She would be sweet, a good player, and a little catty as well. I kind of wish it wasnt on an island though, I want them to go somewhere like amazon or australiai again, but not those places.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2004, 10:44:51 PM »
http://p085.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm19.showMessage?topicID=2203.topic
Survivor Maps has discovered a photo of a Survivor: Vanuatu production camp located on the grassy area behind Mr. Chew's store in Port Vila, Efate, Vanuatu. A local source told Survivor Maps, "Mr. Chew (if he is still alive) is THE most successful businessman in the country. His store is wonderful. It's the only place in Port Vila where you can purchase ice... a luxury in the tropics. All the stores in Vanuatu are owned by Chinese. There are almost NO native store owners. The concept of profit and loss and how to run a business is not part of the ni-Vanuatu culture."

In addition, Survivor Maps discovered this photo of the SEG marine team conducting sea trials on the refurbished Bombard 730 in preparation for another Survivor season.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 15, 2004, 10:46:25 PM by Puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2004, 10:49:35 PM »
{my picture hosting is down)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2004, 10:55:38 PM »
Credits to Wezzie @ sucks

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2004, 10:57:01 PM »
http://www.news.vu/en/

"Survivor 9" officially in Vanuatu - current series wraps
[May 15, 2004] By Rick Porter - Charlotte Observer
"Survivor 9" will take place in Vanuatu, a small island nation in the South Pacific which, Probst tells us, is home to numerous tribes and has some history of cannibalism. Think Mark Burnett and Co. might play with that theme a little bit come September?

Offline pittgirl

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2004, 08:36:58 AM »
This season looks and sounds great.  I always end up never watching a whole season.  I catch the first couple weeks and the last couple weeks.

I am definitely going to watch this one through.  I think the survivors are going to be really interesting people this time around.  Can't wait!

Offline WENDY

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • One day..... I Will Outlast, Outwit & Outplay
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2004, 01:22:01 PM »
pittgirl, how could you resist not watching??!!??  ;)
Wendy Jean

SURVIVOR 11- HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!

Offline nelehrox

• RFF Sr. Member
  • -Neleh Rocks-
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2004, 10:11:32 PM »
If I missed one episode I would freak out and spend the rest of the week sulking and thinking about what happened, wondering, freaking out! I cant miss an episode!

Offline pittgirl

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2004, 08:12:12 AM »
I know isnt it horrible....I am always so busy on Survivor night.  But I will not forget to set my vcr this this season!

RupertRocks33

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2004, 12:00:55 AM »
Ya it sounds like a great location (thought nothing can replace the Pearl Isalands right freak! ;)) But the logo oh man it stinks bad looks like the Pearl Islands!

Offline Snickers

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm Back
    • Rachael Speaks
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2004, 10:47:06 PM »
I usually enjoy the first episode.  Sometimes it hard to pay attention to the 2nd or 3rd episode, because you haven't gotten all the people figured out.  I know Australia sucked me right in, I could not miss and episode.   Then Africa came, I thought, oh, this is lame I can't watch this and I didn't I just read about it on the boards which was entertaining in it's own way.

Snickers
Did you miss me?

RupertRocks33

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2004, 11:29:22 PM »
Man Africa was awesome he had Tom on Boron and the Old/Young Tribe on Samburu alots of stuff to watch1  ;D

Offline WENDY

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • One day..... I Will Outlast, Outwit & Outplay
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2004, 12:08:03 AM »
That was my favorite Season... I love Tom....
Wendy Jean

SURVIVOR 11- HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!