Author Topic: Russell showed poor class during the Reunion Show  (Read 8008 times)

Offline bearsfolife

• RFF Jr. Member
Russell showed poor class during the Reunion Show
« on: December 21, 2009, 01:43:26 PM »
I loved watching Russell this season. He grew more and more on me with each episode. In my opinion, he played one of the best strategic games ever and arguably he deserved to win but I thought he showed very little class and took away the spotlight from Natalie's victory.

What Russell doesn't understand is that he lied, he manipulated, and he played a very underhanded game as well. Not everyone is going to respect that and not everyone will see that as someone being deserving of the million dollars. Many people have won this game by not being as big of a manipulator as he was. He didn't have to try and make alliances with Monica, Brett, and Laura just to "cover himself." He didn't have to lie to Jaison and Shambo when it came to voting them out but pretending like he wasn't.

Although I don't necessarily feel that Natalie should've won, hey, she was a very likeable person, she didn't play the same cunning games that Russell played, and she did show herself to be a power at times(certain challenges and helping get Eric out, which was a pretty big move at the time).

I just thought Russell should've shown more class and maturity rather than begging Natalie to make it so Probst would call him the "sole survivor" and saying how he deserved the money over Natalie even after she won? C'mon man, lose with dignity, lose with grace.

I think Russell thought he had it in the bag but he didn't realize that his offering promises to every single person would eventually lead to his downfall.

When he got the 100K, that finally shut him up but he should learn something about humility.

Offline northernlite

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: Russell showed poor class during the Reunion Show
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 03:24:04 PM »
It was almost painful to watch Russell's poor sport behavior on view for all to see last night.  When he offered to buy the title of "sole survivor" it was more than I could take.  Talk about sour grapes!  He was aggressive to the point of insanity and not many people like that or want to reward it.  He needs to go home and just be happy with the millions of dollars he already has. :pity

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 03:32:23 PM »
Someone said that he had to play all of S20 without knowing if he won here or not, and I think that is very telling. Perhaps he really thought that this season was his best chance.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 03:47:24 PM »
I felt during the final Tribal Council, Russell's explaining every single move why the jurors were there and he was in the Final 3 was his downfall. The jury was angry at him to begin with, but that opened up a can of worms and when Erik made his pro-Natalie speech, that was enough to push her to the million dollars.

People will say Russell played the best game and he did, but when people are voted out, they take it personally and remain bitter until they get a chance to vote.
Just here to visit.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 04:19:52 PM »
Someone said that he had to play all of S20 without knowing if he won here or not, and I think that is very telling. Perhaps he really thought that this season was his best chance.

Now he has to watch all of S20 knowing the outcome of S19. That will be an interesting live show next spring!!!!!
Matthew 7:15

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 04:38:19 PM »
Russell played every move in the game correctly for HIM however his cockiness got the best of him.

I agree with TARAsia Fan(:waves: Ken)  he pissed the jury members off MORE by refreshing their minds. The one place where game play/social skills are key is at the final tribal counsel, Russell forgot he was STILL PLAYING a game and  was too full of himself and counting the winnings  :groan: to realize that while patting himself on the back he shot himself in the foot! :suicide

zero, zilch, nada, nothing!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2009, 05:10:16 PM »
Did anyone see him on the Early Show? Again he said Nat wasn't deserving, she didn't even get in the top 3 for America's vote...
When whoever handed her the big check Russ was twisted and to twist the knife harder they also handed her the real check  :cmaslol

Offline bearsfolife

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2009, 05:16:39 PM »
And all the time, Natalie and Mick were very nice to Russell, saying he had a good shot to win and they were fine with finishing 2nd or 3rd.

Even Natalie was smiling throughout the finale, satisfied with just making it as far as she did.

Russell just forgot to leave his cockiness out the door for the final tribal council. I really was puzzled that he would treat Natalie the way he did right before the final tribal council, egging her on, making her feel inferior to him. Natalie is probably the nicest of the girls that was in the game.

Russell can't stand it that he was beat by one of the people whom he called weak.

Coming out of this, I bet Shambo will be the only one who stays in contact with Russell and even then, Russell won't care.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2009, 05:31:33 PM »
:ascared

That was rather awful.... Oh Russell. :groan:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline bearsfolife

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2009, 05:32:27 PM »
Also, Russell said that in real life, he has honor and integrity. If he had honor and integrity, he wouldn't continue to act with such disrespect and lack of class on national television.

The game is over, this is real life, and he's still insulting Natalie on live tv. He doesn't have to agree with the decision of the jury but he doesn't have to keep insulting her either. Natalie acts with class even in victory while Russell can't even lose with dignity.

I liked Russell but now I could care less for him. If he was really a kind person in real life, he would keep his negative comments to himself.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2009, 07:01:08 PM »
spoiler deleted
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 09:38:47 PM by puddin »

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2009, 07:38:44 PM »
Although Russell was the best player of the season, I totally lost complete respect for him after his cocky attitude and behavior during the live show. I wish he didn't win the America's vote now after what he did. I wish Brett would have won it.

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2009, 07:42:15 PM »
I agree Russell looked like he had been drinking for the show.  I do not agree that Natalie showed grace.  I had a hard time watching her win even though we all knew she would.  All I can say is the jury did not want to vote for Russell.  Natalie did not outwit, outplay or outlast.  We really didn't see her great social game either.  

Russell should have won.  He made the season great TV.  Looking forward to seeing him in S20. :cmas50

Offline bearsfolife

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2009, 07:47:01 PM »
Although Russell was the best player of the season, I totally lost complete respect for him after his cocky attitude and behavior during the live show. I wish he didn't win the America's vote now after what he did. I wish Brett would have won it.

The problem with Brett was he was nonexistent until about a month ago. The show barely aired anything related to Brett until there were only 7 people left. So I don't think the audience was able to fully appreciate Brett and therefore, he didn't enough votes to win the 100K.

But yea, Brett shoulda won now that we look back at it. Russell just seems to be too evil in real life too(despite what he wants us to believe).