Archive > Survivor Samoa

Russell showed poor class during the Reunion Show

(1/3) > >>

bearsfolife:
I loved watching Russell this season. He grew more and more on me with each episode. In my opinion, he played one of the best strategic games ever and arguably he deserved to win but I thought he showed very little class and took away the spotlight from Natalie's victory.

What Russell doesn't understand is that he lied, he manipulated, and he played a very underhanded game as well. Not everyone is going to respect that and not everyone will see that as someone being deserving of the million dollars. Many people have won this game by not being as big of a manipulator as he was. He didn't have to try and make alliances with Monica, Brett, and Laura just to "cover himself." He didn't have to lie to Jaison and Shambo when it came to voting them out but pretending like he wasn't.

Although I don't necessarily feel that Natalie should've won, hey, she was a very likeable person, she didn't play the same cunning games that Russell played, and she did show herself to be a power at times(certain challenges and helping get Eric out, which was a pretty big move at the time).

I just thought Russell should've shown more class and maturity rather than begging Natalie to make it so Probst would call him the "sole survivor" and saying how he deserved the money over Natalie even after she won? C'mon man, lose with dignity, lose with grace.

I think Russell thought he had it in the bag but he didn't realize that his offering promises to every single person would eventually lead to his downfall.

When he got the 100K, that finally shut him up but he should learn something about humility.

northernlite:
It was almost painful to watch Russell's poor sport behavior on view for all to see last night.  When he offered to buy the title of "sole survivor" it was more than I could take.  Talk about sour grapes!  He was aggressive to the point of insanity and not many people like that or want to reward it.  He needs to go home and just be happy with the millions of dollars he already has. :pity

georgiapeach:
Someone said that he had to play all of S20 without knowing if he won here or not, and I think that is very telling. Perhaps he really thought that this season was his best chance.

TARAsia Fan:
I felt during the final Tribal Council, Russell's explaining every single move why the jurors were there and he was in the Final 3 was his downfall. The jury was angry at him to begin with, but that opened up a can of worms and when Erik made his pro-Natalie speech, that was enough to push her to the million dollars.

People will say Russell played the best game and he did, but when people are voted out, they take it personally and remain bitter until they get a chance to vote.

DrRox:

--- Quote from: georgiapeach on December 21, 2009, 03:32:23 PM ---Someone said that he had to play all of S20 without knowing if he won here or not, and I think that is very telling. Perhaps he really thought that this season was his best chance.

--- End quote ---

Now he has to watch all of S20 knowing the outcome of S19. That will be an interesting live show next spring!!!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version