Author Topic: Congratulations to Natalie, Winner of S19!  (Read 8491 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Congratulations to Natalie, Winner of S19!
« on: December 20, 2009, 11:56:39 PM »
  :cmas26

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Congratulations to Natalie, Winner of S19!
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 02:35:15 AM »
Congratulations on the convincing 7,2,0 win Natalie, you deserve it!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 05:06:43 AM »
She wasn't my pre-game pick, because i didn't think she had ANY chances.

And that makes me love her so much more. :kisses

Offline Alan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 06:10:15 AM »
Congrats Ratalie! :cmas9

Offline kittygoesmeow

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 10:26:26 AM »
Not exactly sure where to post this, but here seems as good a place as any:

A travesty. That's really the only word for it. Wait, here's another one: A joke. You could also go with absurd, ridiculous, lame. I'm going to make sure that I am absolutely clear about this: Natalie winning over Russell is the worst jury vote in the history of Survivor. That honor previously belonged to the All-Stars season, when a bunch of bitter Bettys couldn't handle being outsmarted by Boston Rob and awarded the million dollars to Amber instead. But this is worse.

You may not like Russell. You may consider him cocky, sneaky, and lots of other things. But he OWNED this game, and he owned the final Tribal Council as well. Natalie's opening speech to the jury contained NOT ONE SINGLE REFERENCE to anything she did well in the entire game, just that it was ''the hardest thing I've ever done.'' Hey, hand her the million then! Later, she talked about how her big strategy was to NOT be aggressive. That was her strategy!!! Don't do anything. Again, hand her the million!

Look, Natalie seems like an absolute sweetheart. I have nothing against her whatsoever. I hope she enjoys the money and uses it well. The jury members are the people who should be ashamed. And don't give me any of this baloney about the social game. Todd in China blindsided and betrayed and went to the final Tribal Council owning every single move he did. You know how that jury responded? They respected it and handed him a million dollars. Not this time. There is no WAY any of those players can honestly think Natalie played a better game than Russell. They can say they liked her better and would rather give her the million dollars. But no way can they say that she played a better game, no matter what crazy Erik says. And let me make something clear: You may have been rooting for Natalie because you liked her better (And that's fine. I get that.) but if you are voting, and you take that job seriously, you have to put that aside and vote for the best player. Any way you slice it, Natalie was not the best player. Jeff Probst tried his best at the reunion to paint her as a worthy winner, starting off by prompting her to talk about her key move of helping get rid of Erik, and then going out of his way to jumpstart a conversation about how much better her social game was than Russell's, but even he seemed half-hearted in his attempts. Probst knows a dud winner when he sees one. He won't ever say it, but if you read between the lines, you can tell.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20332130,00.html

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 04:53:55 PM »
Good for Natalie!!

You know that cute BF we saw her hug last night? They made it to final interviews for TAR 14.....

Bet she's glad it worked out differently!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline kittygoesmeow

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2009, 07:35:32 PM »
Good for Natalie!!

You know that cute BF we saw her hug last night? They made it to final interviews for TAR 14.....

Bet she's glad it worked out differently!

Oh good lord he was very cute :) Good for her!!

Offline Benedicto

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • OMG....Natalie...Prayer Warriors Prevails <3
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2009, 01:54:59 PM »
OMG....All those Russ fans are really annoying....you mean....be an annoying man who trashed them....and you think they'll respect you...WTF?!
I'M ON THE EDGE WITH YOU

Offline Budman

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2009, 03:00:38 PM »
Amen to the annoying Russ fans. They say Natalie had no game but I beg to differ. She ducked behind Russell and let him be the bad man that he insisted on being. She knocked over the first Galu domino, Eric and survived to the final three without alienating the jury members, even though she too voted for each of them. Apparently she played a million dollar game. :mas25
Russell was the second Rat that she struck from behind. The first rat was a little more graceful with the outcome.  :knuckles:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2009, 04:17:12 AM »
:welcome2: to RFF, Budman! :waves:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2009, 04:09:09 AM »
Don't need to care about what Russ fans says... Natalie is the won who WON and got the money.

Russell had to beg Natalie to tell Jeff to tell him that he's the sole survivor and he will give her 1 million dollars for it. That's pathetic. :cmaslol