Author Topic: TAR7: Meredith Smith & Gretchen Smith - Married/Retired  (Read 10227 times)

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
TAR7: Meredith Smith & Gretchen Smith - Married/Retired
« on: December 19, 2009, 12:24:53 AM »
Okay, since we're in the off-season, and spoilers seem slim, I thought I'd create a little diversion for us. Let's discuss the teams from a past season who don't have threads. How about TAR 7?

MEREDITH & GRETCHEN
Married / Retired

Meredith & Gretchen are a husband/wife team from Easton, Maryland. Meredith is a retired executive and Gretchen is a retired nurse/flight attendant. Both found love late in their lives, and they are spending every moment making up for lost time. Their inspiration for participating in the Race is strictly for the adventure and the challenge of traveling around the world.

Meredith is a retired executive who spends his time fishing, biking, playing golf and teaching swimming. Father of three sons, Meredith is an avid swimmer who holds seven National Masters Swimming Championship titles. Meredith describes himself as competitive, articulate and compassionate.

Gretchen is a retired flight attendant and registered nurse. Mother of two, Gretchen spends most of her time cooking, biking, gardening and golfing. Gretchen describes herself as outgoing, reliable and kind, and she admits to being quite loud, particularly when she’s upset.

Both are big fans of the show, and while watching one evening, they said to each other, “We could do that. Let’s try.”
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR7: Meredith Smith & Gretchen Smith - Married/Retired
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 02:52:07 AM »
The Luckiest team ever. After Gretchen getting her "face-lift" and Meredith breaking his foot, they managed a lucky 4th. I think they were the last to be on the "I totally loved the 4th placers" trend.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 03:02:31 AM »
The Luckiest team ever. After Gretchen getting her "face-lift" and Meredith breaking his foot, they managed a lucky 4th. I think they were the last to be on the "I totally loved the 4th placers" trend.

I also loved the Godlewskis, Joseph & Monica, Dustin & Kandice, Oswald & Danny, Nathan & Jennifer and Kisha & Jen so the trend still somewhat continues for me. :funny:
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 03:06:27 PM »
They and Bowling Moms the teams I've liked the most in TAR history!

So sorry those two teams were fourth!

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 01:19:23 PM »
I'm just so happy they went as far as they did! It would have shocked me a lot more if I had watched the season as it aired!
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

DavidJunior

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 06:16:11 PM »
the fourth place trend didn't start for me until AFTER All-Stars...

my favorites consistently came in 5th or 6th in early seasons

this is one of the only early seasons where that didn't happen

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.