Author Topic: TAR7: Lynn Warren & Alex Ali - Boyfriends  (Read 14573 times)

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
TAR7: Lynn Warren & Alex Ali - Boyfriends
« on: December 19, 2009, 12:14:49 AM »
Okay, since we're in the off-season, and spoilers seem slim, I thought I'd create a little diversion for us. Let's discuss the teams from a past season who don't have threads. How about TAR 7?

LYNN & ALEX
Boyfriends

Lynn & Alex are a gay couple from West Hollywood, California. Lynn & Alex both work as executive assistants. With their four-year anniversary on the horizon, they signed up for the Race as a means to test the strength of their relationship.

Lynn is well traveled and lived abroad in Germany before settling down in Los Angeles. He and Alex met at a club four years ago and have been together ever since. An additional motivation for Lynn’s participation in the Race is to possibly get married in Amsterdam.

Alex has not informed his father about his sexual orientation, but he has introduced Lynn to his family. Like Lynn, he is also well traveled. Alex describes himself as personable and calculating, but admits he is bad at dealing with stress. Alex describes Lynn as smart but extremely lazy.

Lynn & Alex are both looking to find out what the future holds for their relationship and to see whether it will hold up under the stress of the Race.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR7: Lynn Warren & Alex Ali - Boyfriends
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 07:55:13 PM »
I wanted to smack these two. I still do. I wasn't happy with their attitude towards Amber.
Just here to visit.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 01:20:52 PM »
I wanted to smack these two. I still do. I wasn't happy with their attitude towards Amber.

Their attitude was somewhat accurate but they carried it too far. Their own race should have been more important than that of this team. :cmaslol
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline inomu

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 05:20:21 AM »
I hated these two. Always worrying about where Rob and Amber were (Susan and Patrick did this too)! I was so glad when they got eliminated, the season got much better after that because nobody else was so worried about Rob and Amber like they were.

Offline whoistheg

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 04:56:16 PM »
I really really dislike this team. Im only upto Ep4 in S7 and these 2 are just bitches.

I have no idea why the have it in for Rob and Amber ?? I mean whats the big deal?

Get over it. I now cannot wait until they get booted.

After 7 series so far this team would have to be my most disliked !!

If they must have a token gay couple please don't make them nasty bitching type !

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 07:50:29 PM »
I really really dislike this team. Im only upto Ep4 in S7 and these 2 are just bitches.

I have no idea why the have it in for Rob and Amber ?? I mean whats the big deal?

If they must have a token gay couple please don't make them nasty bitching type !

Lyn & Alex are a good team, their elimination was so touching 4 me...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 07:55:18 PM »
:barf
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2010, 11:49:42 PM »

Lyn & Alex are a good team, their elimination was so touching 4 me...
You might be alone on an island on that, redskooky. They weren't my favorites then and they certainly aren't now.
Just here to visit.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2010, 02:22:42 AM »
Rob & Amber were S7's villains, Ray and Ron the resident dickheads... Lynn & Alex, apart from their early clash with Amber, and their bickering in the second Botswana leg, not so...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2010, 06:16:42 AM »
They became villains in how they behaved in after years.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2010, 12:18:36 PM »

Why, what happened?

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2010, 02:08:37 PM »

Offline 2old4tech

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2010, 05:20:46 PM »

Why, what happened?

Yes, yes.  Do tell. :snicker:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2010, 06:28:01 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline banredbeans

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2010, 09:20:10 AM »
They made fun of Carissa on their show when she was  :furious:trying not to cry while she was getting eliminated and said it sounded like she was throwing up.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2010, 12:29:41 PM »
I am glad that is out there. Anyone who would do that to our sweet Carissa is off my books forever. I do not tolerate cruelty to children in ANY form.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2010, 08:01:55 PM »
They made fun of Carissa on their show when she was  :furious:trying not to cry while she was getting eliminated and said it sounded like she was throwing up.

Okay, that is hateful... Damn, and they looked so likeable on TV guess i was fooled.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2010, 08:03:01 PM »
Holy ****.  Tammy are you serious?  That is exceptionally cruel.  I mean hell I give the adults racers hell, but I also try and let people know that I understand that what we see doesn't mean that is what people are like in real life.  But to a child....  Yikes.

For example, when season 8 started and we see (and hear) the pre race interviews, when your family was up, I admit I was groaning.  But as soon as you left the starting line and Carissa was all out looking at street signs doing her part.  I was like, boy did I ever judge wrong.  Hell before you guys were out of NEw York I had already fell in love with your family. 

That just really, really sucks.  My apologizes to Carissa.  We loved her, and it was gut wrenching having to watch Phil eliminate you guys.

Damn that red bean.....

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2012, 10:01:12 PM »
"Nicholson looking to clarify law on same-sex marriages": http://www.montrealgazette.com/life/Nicholson+looking+clarify+same+marriages/5984312/story.html

Lynn Warren and Alex Ali, a gay couple known for their appearance on the television show The Amazing Race, said they were shocked and saddened when they saw Thursday's news.
 The couple — not the ones seeking a divorce — exchanged vows in Ottawa, with Parliament Hill as a backdrop, in 2005.
 "Our wedding was such a wonderful experience," Ali told Postmedia News. "The whole event was very dreamlike, and it was a great dream. This is more of a nightmare."
 Warren said he had doubts after the ceremony that the marriage licence might one day be revoked.
 "But a year passed, and a couple of years passed, and then nearly half a decade passed — and then to find this out, it's shocking," he said.