Author Topic: Joabs Amazing Race around Singapore  (Read 44058 times)

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
Re: The Amazing Race 16 Sightings/Info: Tweets Go here please!
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2009, 02:50:17 AM »
GOOD LUCK GUYS!!!!!! :cmas23 You are doing so well Joab, autowil, and peach!! Hope you get some more things! At least you're back on track! =D

I don't know S'pore as much as you other guys, so we're counting on you!  :hearts:
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2009, 02:52:14 AM »
Can  have drink singporo sling do chech phil like markets

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2009, 02:58:23 AM »
Singapore's Changi Airport should be a place to watch, as they may depart from there soon. Very likely they might have come into Singapore on Silk Air flight 391 Tuesday Noon or 395 Monday Eve from Kota Kinabalu. Raffles Hotel is within walking distance from the place the ice cream vendor was spotted.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2009, 03:06:45 AM »
We don't really know...but Kota Kinabalu seems unlikey, Penang seems good.

Airport in 12-24 hours would be good to watch. Likely an extended Pitstop??

This is probably the last or next to last leg before the finale. :ascared
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2009, 03:10:18 AM »
We don't really know...but Kota Kinabalu seems unlikey, Penang seems good.

Airport in 12-24 hours would be good to watch. Likely an extended Pitstop??

This is probably the last or next to last leg before the finale. :ascared

today is the 18 - 19th day of the Racers going through the race. if they make irregular pit stops similar to the previous seasons, they could be in the 10th leg right now... hopefully they can pass one more leg someplace in Asia!

ETA, if they would be back on the 19th of December in the US, it would probably be the second to the last leg of the race.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 03:14:12 AM by Moo »
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2009, 03:50:35 AM »
i moved to the courtyard at raffles, the raffles hotel, the padang and even the singapore flyer and there's no tar in action. went back and the ice cream door didn't return. aww. tried my best. sorry just didn't have luck. will share photos when i return home.

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Reality show Freak :)
« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2009, 03:57:43 AM »
i moved to the courtyard at raffles, the raffles hotel, the padang and even the singapore flyer and there's no tar in action. went back and the ice cream door didn't return. aww. tried my best. sorry just didn't have luck. will share photos when i return home.

You try your best.. :(

Maybe can try it tml??

If i will you, i think i will drop dead and wun be walkig so many places..  :cmas4
Coming Soon Autowil Amazing Race 1 - 2023....

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2009, 04:34:27 AM »
Great job, Joab!! Great effort. You were awesome!!

I do think it would be worth checking again tomorrow if someone could., but am now wondering if this all happened earlier today. ..but right now I would really like someone to keep an eye at the airport?? Starting in 8 hours or so?? can you help, Wil? ???

See the post in spec re times and see what y'all can do. I am pooped, going to bed. :lol:

:nitenite:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2009, 05:10:45 AM »
Great job, Joab!! Great effort. You were awesome!!

I do think it would be worth checking again tomorrow if someone could., but am now wondering if this all happened earlier today. ..but right now I would really like someone to keep an eye at the airport?? Starting in 8 hours or so?? can you help, Wil? ???

See the post in spec re times and see what y'all can do. I am pooped, going to bed. :lol:

:nitenite:

Haha working Peach..  U take my place to work so i can check..  :cmaslol :cmaslol

Offline Izad

• " spoiler extraordinaire "
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2009, 06:12:31 AM »
 :cmas26 good job Joab. Take peach's advise.. it's worth checking out Changi tonight/tomorrow morning. Good luck! :)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2009, 06:17:26 AM »
Okay, i'm home and alive and this has been a crazy TAR adventure even though i didn't catch any TAR teams in action.

I am still very skeptical about TAR visiting Singapore, because this is very surreal and unbelievable and i can't believe that they can enter a country where TAR receives a quality amount of ratings but the leg still wasn't spoiled by any spoilers with photographic evidence. Where were all the TAR fans?!?!?

My TAR scooping >>

It took me around 30 minutes to cool and calm myself down and find the exact location, because i was brainlessly looking for cameraman and not the background shops. Then i decided to use my internet and with the help of the picture, find the exact location, but no ice cream man. Scooped around, asked a few shops and all of them were pretty sure they didn't know of any filming which took place. :groan:

Then i decided that there was no point staying around because it seems like TAR won't remove their stations. :groan: I thought that all teams might have completed that task and that's why it's gone. Peach suggested scooping around different prominent Singapore attractions -

The Courtyard at Raffles - No
Raffles Hotel - No
Padang - No
Esplanade - No
Singapore Flyer - No

After going through so many places, i believed the next location after the teams received the clue at Bugis would not be in town, but somewhere AWAY from town area (Not raffles place, city hall or marina bay) but neighbourhood areas like Jurong, Bukit Batok etc, etc. Wasn't there a spoiler 2 or 3 days ago about clueboxes being spotted in Singapore? I seriously thought it was a local camp race, now it's worth digging up again.

As for the picture, someone might have taken a picture of it days ago, and only uploading today.. as suggested by someone on this forum previously.

After which, it was already nearing night time and there was still no teams. Decided that if the shots was taken in the day, then the leg has to be completed in the day. No point hanging around anymore, unless Joab happens to be this unlucky man who just needs to miss his favourite TAR teams after 13 seasons.

And.. that's the end of my "spoiling", don't know how much it helps. :cmas23

:kisses

Offline ltvols

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2009, 07:25:24 AM »
looking closer at this picture, there seems to be someone in tennis shoes standing in the front of the stand.   Could it possible that this was being filmed as the racers approached?  Just asking???

Also, it doesn't look like an ice cream stand - more like regular food - there's a silver tray sitting on the stand similar to that of hotel room service.   May it was from a near by restaurant where the racers had to eat something to get their next clue.   Maybe the person that was out there last night can look for a near by restaurant or take out place.....just suggesting!  :)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 07:38:03 AM by ltvols »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2009, 07:55:33 AM »

It's an ice cream stand.

Typical Singapore scene in the neighbourhood. Sells authentically S'pore ice cream.. flavours include sweet corn, red bean, yam, coffee, strawberry, choco chip and even DURIAN!!! :cmaslol

AND FOR ONLY $1 SGD. Value for money and good for a sunny day! :mas25

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2009, 07:59:34 AM »
If you look carefully, the ice cream poster on our spoiler pic and the ice cream poster on the pic i posted, the provider is actually the same. I think it's Magnolia ice cream. :cmaslol

Similar ice cream logo with 2 pics above. Therefore, in conclusion.. it is definitely an ice cream stand. :cmaslol

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2009, 08:31:19 AM »
If you look carefully, the ice cream poster on our spoiler pic and the ice cream poster on the pic i posted, the provider is actually the same. I think it's Magnolia ice cream. :cmaslol

Similar ice cream logo with 2 pics above. Therefore, in conclusion.. it is definitely an ice cream stand. :cmaslol

:cmaslol :cmaslol

For us we know is Ice Cream stall.. Some history background.. Actually years ago, they actually will come to our houseblock and we hear the bell, we know is Ice Cream Man!! Haha

Good Job Joab!! So that the Gui Ling Gao Stall rite?? :P

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2009, 08:32:53 AM »
just spotted this on twitter......

stephanietang Spotted AmaZing race crew at s'pore!! Bugis near temple. http://tweetphoto.com/6514943

Hope this helps!   Wondering if other TAR versions use the same colors as the US version

The place shown in the picture is on Bencoolen Link at the corner with Waterloo St in downtown Singapore. Singapore (City/Country) is not far away from Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia.
Here is the street view:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=bugis+temple&sll=1.301135,103.853534&sspn=0.005449,0.009602&ie=UTF8&radius=0.33&filter=0&rq=1&ev=zo&hq=bugis+temple&hnear=&ll=1.301124,103.853524&spn=0,359.990398&t=h&z=17&layer=c&cbll=1.301139,103.853525&panoid=EGwVBbrVfprbvWSVsnsTyg&cbp=13,353.6,,0,-2.34

TAR Latin America, which doesn't go to Asia, uses blue-black-blue flags.

Xarles,
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder on the question of how far Kota Kinabalu is from Singapore. I had used 3 distance calculators that say it is 130 air miles, but rough calculation on the map in my huge atlas shows it to be about 900. The official distance is 903 statue miles. That is not quite "not far away" since it would take over 2 hours for a flight to get there.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 08:44:10 AM by apskip »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2009, 08:41:56 AM »
Apskip, as a Singaporean, and i hereby dare to say this statement for all my fellow Singaporeans, that Kota Kinabalu is really not far away from Singapore. It takes around 2 hours, but to travel from one country to another with just 2 hours of your time? If Kota Kinabalu is far away from Singapore, then the distance between USA and Singapore can be compared to that of the earth and the mars.

I think what Xarles was trying to say was just, that Malaysia, is just one border away from Singapore.. and since Kota Kinabalu is in Malaysia, it is indeed NOT far away.

:cmas20

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #67 on: December 16, 2009, 09:07:42 AM »
Just a tad fact and lolerz... just for the love of TAR spoilers, we end up researching and debating about McDonalds and SG Ice Cream Sandwiches!  :cmaslol :cmaslol :cmaslol
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2009, 10:18:35 AM »
Okay, i'm home and alive and this has been a crazy TAR adventure even though i didn't catch any TAR teams in action.

I am still very skeptical about TAR visiting Singapore, because this is very surreal and unbelievable and i can't believe that they can enter a country where TAR receives a quality amount of ratings but the leg still wasn't spoiled by any spoilers with photographic evidence. Where were all the TAR fans?!?!?

My TAR scooping >>

It took me around 30 minutes to cool and calm myself down and find the exact location, because i was brainlessly looking for cameraman and not the background shops. Then i decided to use my internet and with the help of the picture, find the exact location, but no ice cream man. Scooped around, asked a few shops and all of them were pretty sure they didn't know of any filming which took place. :groan:

Then i decided that there was no point staying around because it seems like TAR won't remove their stations. :groan: I thought that all teams might have completed that task and that's why it's gone. Peach suggested scooping around different prominent Singapore attractions -

The Courtyard at Raffles - No
Raffles Hotel - No
Padang - No
Esplanade - No
Singapore Flyer - No

After going through so many places, i believed the next location after the teams received the clue at Bugis would not be in town, but somewhere AWAY from town area (Not raffles place, city hall or marina bay) but neighbourhood areas like Jurong, Bukit Batok etc, etc. Wasn't there a spoiler 2 or 3 days ago about clueboxes being spotted in Singapore? I seriously thought it was a local camp race, now it's worth digging up again.

As for the picture, someone might have taken a picture of it days ago, and only uploading today.. as suggested by someone on this forum previously.

After which, it was already nearing night time and there was still no teams. Decided that if the shots was taken in the day, then the leg has to be completed in the day. No point hanging around anymore, unless Joab happens to be this unlucky man who just needs to miss his favourite TAR teams after 13 seasons.

And.. that's the end of my "spoiling", don't know how much it helps. :cmas23

:kisses

Wow some development!  How exciting!   :jam:

Joab, I would just revisit the shop keepers because the time day for the shot with cameras looks way different than the time of day of your shot.  Maybe the workers were on different shifts.  Go there when the sun is shinning on the face of the building.

But on a note of disappointment,  :cmas13,  I dare say that the cameraman does not look like our standard breed of TAR shooters.  He's too small!  That does not automatically disqualify this find.  They could be using their lightweights for this kind of shot.  I hope more sightings come to the surface.

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Re: Joabs Amazing Race around Singapore
« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2009, 03:24:25 PM »
Joab, you really did a great job. I realize that the crew filming could have been hours or a day ahead of the teams, but at least your work confirmed the exact location, making this one of the few confirmed spoilers there's been this time around. (I seriously doubt they'd be sending film crews on their own as decoys.)

This is an odd season where production and Phil have accounted for more spottings than the teams, once they left LAX.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: December 16, 2009, 04:51:22 PM »
You guys might have already said this, but you think that the crew filming that ice cream stand scene might be a crew that would only film that kind of thing? All teams have their own crew. So maybe there's a crew that goes to the locations of tasks before all of the teams do and shoot a scene like this prior to all of the teams showing up?
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #71 on: December 16, 2009, 04:54:11 PM »
Okay, i'm really hoping someone goes to the airport soon... :groan:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #72 on: December 16, 2009, 05:27:38 PM »
Joab deserves a real TAR Detective status  :jam: :jam: , good job! Great effort :yourock:

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #73 on: December 16, 2009, 06:16:30 PM »
Great job Joab!
 :cmas16

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster