Author Topic: TAR Dream Team  (Read 22255 times)

Offline DeutschRacerFan

• RFF Newbie
Re: TAR Dream Team
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2010, 05:12:47 PM »

What about an older (50's) dating couple also?

Marcy and Ron!! :hearts:

:welcome: to RFF, DeutschRacerFan !! Glad you found us!!

Haha yea ... but they lost so early!

I guess my point was it seems like there are set molds that we are falling into. I know it's a show about relationships ... but America is super diverse .... there are dating people that aren't young ... there are M/F couples that are just friends ... that was all I was saying

And I am kinda tired of the gay couples ... although I did like Dan and his bro ... but those two are just likeable

thanks for the welcome ... long time follower of the show

Offline cssmithvt

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2010, 05:15:37 PM »
I would like to see an Internet team...someone who "knows" each other but perhaps have never met...I think it would be fun to see a team actually getting to know the real person vs the virtual person...could be a hoot!

What else have we not seen? I know I have heard you say step-parent, step-child before.

What else??

I'd like to see the same and have wondered why it hasn't been done until i read the instructions. Unfortunately it appears that unless they bend the entry rules some you have to be in the application video with your partner and also send a current picture of yourself and your partner together (though this one didn't say anything about photoshop to my knowledge ;))

Not sure the reasoning for this rule as an internet only team would probably have one of the greatest dynamics (good or bad) of any yet.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 05:19:12 PM by cssmithvt »

Offline DeutschRacerFan

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2010, 05:29:00 PM »
I would like to see an Internet team...someone who "knows" each other but perhaps have never met...I think it would be fun to see a team actually getting to know the real person vs the virtual person...could be a hoot!

What else have we not seen? I know I have heard you say step-parent, step-child before.

What else??

I'd like to see the same and have wondered why it hasn't been done until i read the instructions. Unfortunately it appears that unless they bend the entry rules some you have to be in the application video with your partner and also send a current picture of yourself and your partner together (though this one didn't say anything about photoshop to my knowledge ;))

Not sure the reasoning for this rule as an internet only team would probably have one of the greatest dynamics (good or bad) of any yet.

There's a vid out there somewhere with Bert talking about how that will never happen because it's a relationship show and they want people who already have preexisting relationships ... i don't think they want to risk throwing two random people together and not having some idea of how they are interacting.

Offline cssmithvt

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2010, 05:36:35 PM »

What else??

There's a vid out there somewhere with Bert talking about how that will never happen because it's a relationship show and they want people who already have preexisting relationships ... i don't think they want to risk throwing two random people together and not having some idea of how they are interacting.

That's one side of it but the other (supporting) side is the rapid emergence of long distance relationships formed through sites like eharmony and others. There's a stat (can't remember where I saw it or what it exactly was) that some 16% (or so) of marriages are from relationships formed online. (or maybe it's 1.6%....i dunno)

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2010, 01:41:43 AM »
Haha yea ... but they lost so early!

I guess my point was it seems like there are set molds that we are falling into. I know it's a show about relationships ... but America is super diverse .... there are dating people that aren't young ... there are M/F couples that are just friends ... that was all I was saying

And I am kinda tired of the gay couples ... although I did like Dan and his bro ... but those two are just likeable

thanks for the welcome ... long time follower of the show

"Set molds"...I can believe that this is happening literally. I really do think that the reason there are certain types of teams assigned to certain backpack tag numbers is because they use the numbers to search out teams that fit in a certain "category" or fit something specific they are looking for.

Consider this:

You have 7, which is always the "evil" conniving team. (Rob & Amber, Ari & Staella)
8 is always a team that has at least one "old" member. (Marcy & Ron, Fran & Barry)
1 is usually a "driven," "competitive" team. (Peter & Sarah, Lake & Michelle)
2 is a team of girls (except for Oswald & Danny and whoever it was in TAR 10 [either Bilal & Sa'eed or Vipul & Arti, never saw it], for some reason). (Maria & Tiffany, Jaime & Cara)
3 is the "unique" team. (BJ & Tyler, Kynt & Vyxsin)
4 is always black. It sounds discriminatory but it's true. (Aja & Ty, Ray & Yolanda)

Now 5, 6, 9, 10, 11, and 12 are a little harder to classify. It appears that these are usually used for the "other" teams, although they have roles that seem to shift throughout seasons.

I repeat this theory a lot, but I want to know what others think about it.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2010, 05:31:58 AM »
Shopaholic friends?

It would be lovely to see them spend all of their money in Milan, NYC, Paris, London... just in clothes!

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2010, 12:34:48 PM »
Shopaholic friends?

It would be lovely to see them spend all of their money in Milan, NYC, Paris, London... just in clothes!

:lol:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2010, 04:54:34 PM »
Shopaholic friends?

Sounds great! Although we had Shana & Jennifer who made that awesome quote ("Anybody in our way of a million dollar shopping spree, we'll knock them down!"). Shopaholics would be terrific! :yess:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2010, 04:55:55 PM »
Shopaholic friends?

Sounds great! Although we had Shana & Jennifer who made that awesome quote ("Anybody in our way of a million dollar shopping spree, we'll knock them down!"). Shopaholics would be terrific! :yess:

I'm hoping for the day that Paris Hilton and Victoria Beckham apply as a team for the Amazing Race.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2010, 02:58:43 PM »
Shopaholic friends?

I'm hoping for the day that Paris Hilton and Victoria Beckham apply as a team for the Amazing Race.
Posh, I would root for
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline caper

• StartLine Finder Queen!
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2010, 03:27:15 PM »
I would love to see Team "Canucks" - A Canadian team  on the race would be terrific! We Canadians don't have our own version so it would be nice to see a Canuck team on the American version - even if it's only a one time thing!(I know this will never happen, but it's my dream team)

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2010, 06:14:21 AM »
What we haven't ever seen before is a team of an aunt/uncle and a niece/nephew. I would like to have that to our collection! And we only have one team of cousins in race history (the lovely Charla & Mirna :hearts: ) so that is quite overdue for me as well.
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

DavidJunior

« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2010, 01:32:11 PM »
I would love to see Team "Canucks" 

Made me think of the Vancouver Canucks  :lol:

and thinking about hockey, it would be awesome to have some pro Hockey players as a team

the hard part is finding 2 American (US, sorry Canada) guys with a good relationship (which could be hard...)

DavidJunior

« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2010, 01:33:37 PM »
actually, seeing that they now have Canadian teams on other "american" reality shows, I wouldn't be surprised if they brought at least one or two Canadian teams in eventually

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2010, 01:46:24 PM »
I would love to see Team "Canucks" 

Made me think of the Vancouver Canucks  :lol:

and thinking about hockey, it would be awesome to have some pro Hockey players as a team

the hard part is finding 2 American (US, sorry Canada) guys with a good relationship (which could be hard...)
Great idea! It would have to be outside of hockey season, so July or August (April to September for Leafs  :'().
How about a hockey player and his famous girlfriend - Dion Phaneuf and Elisha Cuthbert :-[ - both canucks btw. That team would make a lot of people happy!
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2010, 10:06:46 PM »
The thought of having one or two NHLers on TAR is making me very interested. Honestly, I would tune into the season no matter which one(s) they decided to pick.
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

DavidJunior

« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2010, 01:26:23 AM »
The Sedin twins! (even tho they are Swedish, and play on a Canadian team...)

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2010, 10:49:37 PM »
Okay, that's it. I'd like CBS and TAR to let Canadians or people who work in the US/Canada (but not born in either country) onto the next season. I'm all for it.
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline bananawind22

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2010, 09:07:09 AM »
What I would like to see is a version of the Fans/Favorites that Survivor had, but with a twist.  Instead of competing against a team of past Racers, each applicant would be paired with a favorite Racer of his/hers.  And let production have a say into what would be the best match-ups (throw them a bone so to speak--gotta keep them happy).

For myself, I would want to pick somebody from a team that likes to have fun, but is in it to win as well.  Kris or Jon or one of the Clowns would be one of my first picks.

Besides, I have an ulterior motive in this--I can never find somebdoy who is able to apply at the same time as I am.  At least this way, I might have a better chance of getting on.
Be good, and you will be lonesome...

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2010, 11:58:54 AM »
A recent wiki article here discusses casting with Lynne Spillman. Take it with a big bag of salt, however; for a better idea of what goes on, this 2004 article (with some Spillman quotes) seems more to the point.