Author Topic: The Amazing Race 16 Schedule  (Read 18712 times)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Amazing Race 16 start date?
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2009, 10:56:59 AM »
The FUTON CRITIC is not perfect as a prognosticator, but their record is the best of anyone that I know. They state that Amazing Race 16 premieres on Feb. 14 after 60 Minutes.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2009, 11:37:12 PM »
One should note that I try to get the original online source, or at least a well known media intermediary when I link information. The Futon Critic is excellent with being a secondary source of a network press release; Daily Variety is going behind a cash wall and won't be visible without a subscription; but there are others that can be used.

What was unusual to me was the timing of the press release -- midnight on a Sunday night; CBS didn't even post its own release on its own site until 10 am ET this morning.

I'm thinking about the finale date, and it would make no sense to me for TAR 16 to reach its finale in April, which it would be even with 12 episodes (not necessarily 12 legs). We might have another 12 team season, or we might have a uberleg (which some of you call a TBC leg), or the show might manage to squeeze out another episode with both to get to 13 weeks.  One thing for sure, TPTB seem to have hit on a production formula which gets them enough material for 12 or even 13 episodes and filming it 21-22 days rather than 28-30 days.
It will be interesting to see what shows up in the blogosphere in the next few weeks to help fill in the blanks. In another year or two Tweets will be everywhere, but I guess we well may be doing some old style post-broadcast timeline reconstruction this time around; that'll be fun (that was the method using until about TAR 6 or 7 when travelers became more observant.)
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2009, 11:40:31 PM »
There must be a couple of Sundays they are planning to bump us, right? Or at least one??
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2009, 01:09:54 AM »
Heres the whole Dealio:

A 'SUPER' PREMIERE FOR "UNDERCOVER BOSS"

New Reality Series "Undercover Boss" to Debut in Post Super Bowl Slot on Feb. 7, Before Moving to its Regular Sunday 9:00 PM Time Period on Feb. 14 as Part of a New Two-Hour Reality Block with "The Amazing Race"

"Survivor:  Heroes vs. Villains" Premieres with a Two-Hour Episode
Thursday, Feb. 11, 8:00-10:00 PM

"Surviving Survivor," a One-Hour, 10th Anniversary Special Revisiting Some of the Greatest Moments and Characters in "Survivor" History,
to Air Thursday, Feb. 4, 8:00-9:00 PM

"Live For the Moment," a One-Hour Special From Emmy Award Winners
Jeff Probst and Mark Burnett, to Air Thursday, Jan. 28, 8:00-9:00 PM 

CBS will premiere its new reality series, UNDERCOVER BOSS, following CBS Sports' coverage of SUPER BOWL XLIV, Sunday, Feb 7 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/7:00-8:00 PM, PT, time approximate after Post Game coverage).

UNDERCOVER BOSS, which follows high-level chief executives as they slip anonymously into the rank and file of their companies, moves to its regular time period on Sunday, Feb. 14 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) as part of a new two-hour reality block, where it will be paired with the 16th edition of the multi-Emmy Award-winning THE AMAZING RACE. 

In UNDERCOVER BOSS, each week a different executive will leave the comfort of their corner office for an undercover mission to examine the inner workings of their company.  While working alongside their employees, they will see the effects that their decisions have on others, where the problems lie within their organization and get an up-close look at both the good and the bad while discovering the unsung heroes who make their company run.  UNDERCOVER BOSS is produced by Studio Lambert, Ltd.  Stephen Lambert is executive producer.

THE AMAZING RACE, which recently concluded its 15th edition with across-the-board ratings gains over last year, returns with its 16th installment Sunday, Feb. 14 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT).  Jerry Bruckheimer, Bertram van Munster, Jonathan Littman, Elise Doganieri and Amy Chacon are the executive producers for Jerry Bruckheimer Television and Earthview Inc., in association with ABC Studios and Amazing Race Productions.  Phil Keoghan is host.  THE AMAZING RACE was created by Bertram van Munster and Elise Doganieri.
 :jam:

COLD CASE will relocate back to Sunday (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT), beginning Feb. 14.

(More)

CBS Television...2

SURVIVOR:  HEROES VS. VILLAINS, the 20th edition of the ground-breaking series that changed the face of reality television, premieres with a two-hour episode, Thursday, Feb. 11 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT).  HEROES VS. VILLAINS will reunite some of the most memorable, heroic and controversial castaways from previous SURVIVOR seasons.  The series' best strategists will face off in their attempt to overcome — or embrace — the label placed upon them as they return for revenge or redemption.   SURVIVOR is hosted by Emmy Award-winning host Jeff Probst and produced by SEG, Inc.  Mark Burnett is executive producer and David Burris and Leisa Francis are co-executive producers.

The SURVIVOR premiere will be preceded by a one-hour special, SURVIVING SURVIVOR (working title), on Thursday, Feb. 4 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT), revisiting some of the greatest moments in SURVIVOR history and following up on life after SURVIVOR with some of the most memorable castaways. The special, executive produced by Susan Zirinsky for Eye2 Productions, contains fresh interviews with SURVIVOR favorites and offers a sneak peak at the new HEROES VS. VILLAINS. 

LIVE FOR THE MOMENT, a one-hour special from Emmy Award winners Jeff Probst and Mark Burnett, will be broadcast Thursday, Jan. 28 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT).  LIVE FOR THE MOMENT reveals how one person's life-changing event inspired them to live life to the fullest.  Host Jeff Probst takes someone on a series of adventures and experiences that create special life moments with their family and friends.  This person shares their inspiring insights on how they now live their life differently and, in doing so, will possibly change the way others live, too.  Jeff Probst and Mark Burnett are executive producers for Jeff Probst, Inc. and Mark Burnett Productions.

Thursday, Jan. 28
8:00-9:00 PM      LIVE FOR THE MOMENT (Special)

Thursday, Feb. 4
8:00-9:00 PM      SURVIVING SURVIVOR (Working Title)

Sunday, Feb. 7   
10:00-11:00 PM/ET   UNDERCOVER BOSS (Series Premiere)
7:00-8:00 PM/PT (Time approximate)

Thursday, Feb. 11
8:00-10:00 PM   SURVIVOR:  HEROES VS. VILLAINS (20th Edition Premiere)

Sundays, Effective Feb. 14
7:00-8:00 PM      60 MINUTES
8:00-9:00 PM      THE AMAZING RACE (16th Edition Premiere)
9:00-10:00 PM   UNDERCOVER BOSS (Time Period Premiere)
10:00-11:00 PM   COLD CASE (New Time Period)

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2010, 01:41:01 PM »
CTV says they are going to release their Olympics broadcast schedule on Jan. 11. Since they are also using TSN and TSN2 for Olympic broadcasts there doesn't seem to be much of a conflict for the TAR 16 premiere on February 14th.

The only live events on Sunday February 14th that might be moved to TSN to make room for TAR 16 are (times are Pacific):
Pairs Figure Skating: 16:30 - 19:55 (no one watches figure skating any more - right?)
Men's Moguls: 17:30 - 18:30
Women's Hockey - Finland vs. Russia: 16:30 - 19:00 (might watch this during commercials)

From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2010, 11:38:01 PM »
I need to correct something I said earlier.

It would be possible to get to May 2nd without skipping any weeks, if there are 12 episodes. (Not legs, necessarily.) This suggests to me that if there is a TBC leg in there somewhere, then it will be possible for TAR to end at the beginning of May sweeps.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 09:15:01 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2010, 08:23:02 PM »
A May 2 finale would be a nice treat (with 12 episodes and no interruptions).  In other words, it's not happening because the ACMs have been scheduled for April 18.  That means we're getting a May 9 finale. 

They would have to break patterns to have it end on May 2, which I can't see happening because it would be odd to return from the very unfortunate break for just two episodes.  And they won't preempt TAR for a program from another network (usually it's something from CBS itself that would cause TAR not to air in a particular night).
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2010, 11:31:50 AM »
I'm pretty sure its a mistake (or wishful thinking) - but CTV's schedule for January 24 shows the Amazing Race at 8pm...

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2010, 11:42:59 AM »
In other words, it's not happening because the ACMs have been scheduled for April 18.

I have not been able tp find any confirmation online about this date, including the ACM website. I did find one site that mentions the awards show being in Las Vegas on Saturday April 3rd.  Is this show pre-recirded for broadcast? People mention an email that was supposedly the origin of the April 18th date but that hasn't shown up in searches using Google, Yahoo or Bing.
-- theschnauzers

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2010, 09:01:55 AM »
So CTV didn't release their full Olympic broadcast schedule - they're waiting until Feb. 1.

But they did announce that CTV is planning on having 22 hours each day of coverage - with breaks only for live news.
Noteworthy that they intend to show the Figure Skating: Pairs short program live on CTV on Feb. 14th from 19:30 to 22:55 eastern - which pretty much means that CTV will not be showing the TAR 16 premiere on Feb 14th.  :knuckles:

I guess I'll have to watch it on CBS with the Americans...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2010, 09:13:53 AM »
AT least it is only the short program :lol: !!  Long program and I would have a dilemma myself.... Interesting though...think they will show it later the same night??
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2010, 10:22:49 AM »
AT least it is only the short program :lol: !!  Long program and I would have a dilemma myself.... Interesting though...think they will show it later the same night??

Latest update says they are moving all of CTV's hit programs to the 'A' network for the 2 Olympic weeks. Interesting because 'A' has fairly limited distribution across Canada. Essentially CTV (the network) will be competing against itself for 2 weeks. Can't wait to see how the ratings compare.

CTV’s Hit Programs Join /A\ for a Special Two-Week Run, February 12 – 28, During Vancouver 2010
(January 12, 2010)http://ctvmedia.ca/olympics/releases/release.asp?id=12050&yyyy=2010

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2010, 12:55:05 PM »
In other words, it's not happening because the ACMs have been scheduled for April 18.

I have not been able tp find any confirmation online about this date, including the ACM website. I did find one site that mentions the awards show being in Las Vegas on Saturday April 3rd.  Is this show pre-recirded for broadcast? People mention an email that was supposedly the origin of the April 18th date but that hasn't shown up in searches using Google, Yahoo or Bing.

Here you go;

CBS Entertainment ReleasesBack   
01.12.2010THE "45TH ANNUAL ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC AWARDS," HOSTED BY REBA McENTIRE, WILL BE BROADCAST LIVE FROM THE MGM GRAND GARDEN ARENA IN LAS VEGAS, SUNDAY, APRIL 18 ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK

http://www.cbspressexpress.com/div.php/cbs_entertainment/release?id=23821

So if we have an 11 Ep run with no other preemptions, we'll finish on May 2, right?

If we have a 12 EP run with no other preemptions, we'll finish on May 10, which is Mothers Day and the Survivor traditional finish date. But as we know, that tradition changed this year, so who knows?

Looks like we will need to wait on the 11 vs 12 reveal and the possible other preemptions before we know for sure.  :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2010, 03:53:47 PM »
So the country music awards are going to start on April 18 at 5pm PDT so that they can preempt the amazing Race that evening? They may start one hour later. We will know when there is enough proof either way.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2010, 05:30:01 PM »
CBS is airing the CMA live at 8:00 pm EDT on their East coast feed.  It'll be on three hours later (i.e., 8 pm PDT) for the West coast feed.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
Re: The Amazing Race 16 Schedule
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2010, 06:09:08 PM »
We should be able to expect the cast release sometime in the next week or so, right?
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2010, 12:02:46 AM »
We should be able to expect the cast release sometime in the next week or so, right?
Yeah, hope so!
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2010, 04:36:00 PM »
Sunday would be the earliest teams would be announced (four weeks out) but CBS may be planning heavier promotion around the NFL playoffs (there're no playoff games January 31st. And this weekend is a holiday weekend in the US, so I'm sure the promo monkeys are waiting.

It's also possible CBS may wait until next weekend (after the multi-network telethon for Haiti that's been scheduled for Friday night) when that tragedy will be in better focus. It's pretty clear the nets will be focusing on Haiti this week.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2010, 04:34:06 AM »
TAR (and Survivor)  to continue during Olympics...

From USA today:

Reality series are Olympics Teflon; they have held up best in past years. CBS' all-star Survivor, The Amazing Race and Undercover Boss (beginning new seasons this month), Fox's Idol and ABC'sThe Bachelor will stay on the air.

Fox will air repeats of House, Bones and some Sunday animated series, but much of its lineup, including Human Target and 24, will remain intact. "It's a disservice to our audience if we lie down for two weeks," says scheduling chief Preston Beckman.

ABC will pre-empt Castle, its Wednesday family comedies and single episodes ofDesperate Housewives and Grey's that face figure skating, the most popular Olympics event. Lost will continue in originals.

But CBS' sitcoms and dramas will take a breather. "We're more or less getting out of the way with our scripted programming," says program planning chief Kelly Kahl. "Running them against the Olympics doesn't give us the biggest bang for the buck."

http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2010-02-04-olycounter04_ST_N.htm
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2010, 11:18:47 AM »
Glad that none of the programs that don't get reruns aren't going on hiatus (as I speculated).  If TAR were to do so, or "lay down" as mentioned, they would have waited until after the Academy Awards, and that would have messed up their rhythm (ditto Survivor, Idol, etc).
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2010, 09:24:15 AM »
Just an updated reminder that the Country Music Awards are preempting TAR this week, so NO TAR  :'( until Sunday April 25.

We then have only 3 remaining legs (April 25 and May 2) , followed by our FINALE on May 9.
RFF's Golden Rule: