Author Topic: TAR15 Finale, live show updates/commentary will go here *please read the rules*  (Read 65388 times)

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I will say that was a another well designed final leg.  Best thing the race as changed since season 12.

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Reality show Freak :)
Hiya.. Never know Meghan and Cheyne overthrow this season and dominate many first..

I thought Brian and Ericka wun have won..

Anyway was a great season, If Brian and Ericka won it will be sweeter..

Btw why the final test so bland.. I expect a memory task in the chips task..

Wherever is it!! Congrats Meghan and cheyne, Sam & Dan and Brian and Ericka Complete the whole course!!  :jumpy: :jumpy: :hearts: :hearts:
Coming Soon Autowil Amazing Race 1 - 2023....

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I will say that was a another well designed final leg.  Best thing the race as changed since season 12.
I liked the TAR1 touch of most clues not being direct "Go to ..." commands, but were just hints.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I liked the TAR1 touch of most clues not being direct "Go to ..." commands, but were just hints.

Agree with Dan.. Season 1 is the best with Clue which is clue and not "Go to"..
But Throuout the season, they have progressed..

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
It's TARAsia Fan on Peach's notebook.Good time is being had by all here at TARCon. I've posted a couple of thoughts on my blog. More Later
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster

If they could've made the poker chip task some sort of memory one instead of simply counting $1,000,000 (well, maybe not so simple), then I would agree 100%.

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
It's TARAsia Fan on Peach's notebook.Good time is being had by all here at TARCon. I've posted a couple of thoughts on my blog. More Later

Have fun TARAsia fan, Peach and the rest!! Enjoy the party there and keep us posted!!

:hearts: :hearts: :jumpy: :jumpy:

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster

If they could've made the poker chip task some sort of memory one instead of simply counting $1,000,000 (well, maybe not so simple), then I would agree 100%.

Yah if is memory task maybe Brian and Ericka wun have won!!

Btw if poker queens is here at this task, they will aced this for sure!!  :funny: :funny:

Did anyone agree the final leg is designed for the Poker queens??  :funny: :funny:

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR15 Finale, live show updates/commentary will go here *please read the rul
« Reply #133 on: December 06, 2009, 08:10:01 PM »
Thanks to everyone!

PS: Has someone seen Wikipedia's site about TAR15?? Is there a winner?? M/C are said to be in 1st, then S/D 2nd and finally, E/B 3rd?
And this.  THis pisses us off.  Not a little.  But ALOT!!!.

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!

It's not as great as TAR12's final leg though. Best Final Leg in the history of TAR <3333

Second best would be this. <333
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR15 Finale, live show updates/commentary will go here *please read the rul
« Reply #135 on: December 06, 2009, 08:11:33 PM »
I will say that was a another well designed final leg.  Best thing the race as changed since season 12.

Btw if poker queens is here at this task, they will aced this for sure!!  :funny: :funny:

Did anyone agree the final leg is designed for the Poker queens??  :funny: :funny:
Well the general Vegas area (they should know) and of course the chip counting, but the other two tasks, I don't think they would have done well on the rappel nor would either of the strength (based on their elimination episode) to do well at Love.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Look, Ken has never looked better!

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #137 on: December 06, 2009, 08:13:31 PM »
I will say that was a another well designed final leg.  Best thing the race as changed since season 12.

Btw if poker queens is here at this task, they will aced this for sure!!  :funny: :funny:

Did anyone agree the final leg is designed for the Poker queens??  :funny: :funny:
Well the general Vegas area (they should know) and of course the chip counting, but the other two tasks, I don't think they would have done well on the rappel nor would either of the strength (based on their elimination episode) to do well at Love.

I agree with the repelling.. but the Circus one, they maybe can able to do it and is about reflex and such.. I think they can do the circus one..

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
Congratulations to Megan & Cheyne for a well-run Race!  I think their win made up somewhat for Kris & Jon coming in second in my eyes.  Megan & Cheyne made the fewest mistakes so they deserved to win.

And congratulations to Sam & Dan and Brian & Ericka for finishing the Race.  I hope Ericka's mother accepts Brian now!

Belle Book

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #139 on: December 06, 2009, 08:19:18 PM »

Did anyone feel that the season completely revolved in the fear of heights and water *coughMikacough* as much as physical tasks *coughpookergoddessescough*??

Heights/Water tasks:
-Boats in Cai Be
-Puppet Theatre
-Leap of Faith
-Burj Dubai
-Golf Detour in Netherlands/Carillon
-Frit Fall in Sweden
-Bog pitstop in Estonia
-Prague1 Detour
-Final Roadblock

LOL that's like in almost every leg.

Offline kittygoesmeow

• RFF Sr. Member
When you're counting $1M in chips with $1000 being the largest denomination, it's difficult. I don't even think the poker girls would've excelled in that any more than the other teams.

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
When you're counting $1M in chips with $1000 being the largest denomination, it's difficult. I don't even think the poker girls would've excelled in that any more than the other teams.

The bad thing there is that the final task seemed easier to rig on their part because of counting, unlike a memory based Roadblock.

ETA: I had a hunch that there wouldn't be any memory based roadblock because none of the items would stand out as hard.

Leg 1: Sushi and Flag?
Leg 2: Ducks are the only thing
Leg 3: Dragons are the only thing, maybe VCR's
Leg 4: Monkey Mask
Leg 5: Water Jar
Leg 6: Hookahs? Watch?
Leg 7: Bells...

They're simply too easy to think, unlike Saint Antonio from last season... LOL!

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #142 on: December 06, 2009, 08:22:22 PM »

I am have different feelings about some of the last few memory tasks, specifically seasons 9, 12 and 14.  Not because of who won those legs (as I wanted two of those teams to win).  But that those three appear (at least to me) the most difficult task (mind wise).  And in fact seem harder then most of the physical tasks that teams need to do on the race.

But at least with the recent ones, you were able to build (or lose a lead) solely on your won ability (and random cab luck).

But take season 9 (up to that point probably the hardest thinking task) I hated to see Eric & Jeremy lose (and not because they were they team I liked the most), but do to the fact that the entire leg up to landing in Denver was almost meaningless.  I hate legs (Especially the one for a million) where yu can do great for 2/3rd of the leg, build a nice lead and have it completely disappear due to bunching.  Same with season 5.  Both are probably the biggest slaps in the face to the racers who actually give it their all throughout the leg.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Wish Brian & Ericka would have won, but Meghan and Cheyne were my second favorite, so I can settle with this being a great final leg. Congrats to all three for finishing the race!

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #144 on: December 06, 2009, 08:24:07 PM »

The bad thing there is that the final task seemed easier to rig on their part because of counting, unlike a memory based Roadblock.
See the most I think the producers would ever do, is to ensure teams are on the same day (or like season 6 change something when  they discover that what they planned violated local laws.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Did anyone feel that the season completely revolved in the fear of heights and water *coughMikacough* as much as physical tasks *coughpookergoddessescough*??

Heights/Water tasks:
-Boats in Cai Be
-Puppet Theatre
-Leap of Faith
-Burj Dubai
-Frit Fall in Sweden
-Bog pitstop in Estonia
-Prague1 Detour
-Final Roadblock

I don't know they could think of something it doesn't have to be tasked based.  Just look at season 9.  That was a great task and nothing to do with tasks.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
That was also something that was nice.  It doesn't happen all the time, but it is nice when they do use it. 

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #147 on: December 06, 2009, 08:29:53 PM »

Heights/Water tasks:
-Boats in Cai Be
-Puppet Theatre
-Leap of Faith
-Burj Dubai
-Frit Fall in Sweden
-Bog pitstop in Estonia
-Prague1 Detour
-Final Roadblock

Well it seems like there is always a lot of height & Water (season 7 was a real exception they had almost no heights save for general altitude).

But this year seemed to have more racer with serious issues over those fears.  Way more.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 08:35:55 PM by mswood »

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Congratulations to Megan & Cheyne for a well-run Race!  I think their win made up somewhat for Kris & Jon coming in second in my eyes.  Megan & Cheyne made the fewest mistakes so they deserved to win.

And congratulations to Sam & Dan and Brian & Ericka for finishing the Race.  I hope Ericka's mother accepts Brian now!

Belle Book

I sure Ericka's mum sure accepts Brian Now..  :lol: :funny: :funny:

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #149 on: December 06, 2009, 08:34:28 PM »
Congratulations to Megan & Cheyne for a well-run Race!  I think their win made up somewhat for Kris & Jon coming in second in my eyes.  Megan & Cheyne made the fewest mistakes so they deserved to win.

And congratulations to Sam & Dan and Brian & Ericka for finishing the Race.  I hope Ericka's mother accepts Brian now!

Belle Book

Well I still get pissed about that.  And Meghan & Cheyne are certainly no Kris & Jon.  But it was the team I wanted to win (I tend to root for the team that performs the best, unless their behavior towards each other, other teams and locals is why out of line), but I still question how good of a team they actually were (good certainly), but even with the number of wins (just like Nick & Starr) they seemed to not actually race as well as their numbers would suggest.