Archive > The Amazing Race 15 Spoilers

TAR15 Finale, live show updates/commentary will go here *please read the rules*

<< < (39/39)

Hooky:

--- Quote from: georgiapeach on December 08, 2009, 04:14:02 PM ---
--- Quote from: Hooky on December 08, 2009, 01:52:53 PM ---
--- Quote from: alittlebird on December 08, 2009, 12:56:57 PM ---In response to someone's post about the chip counting & Maria & Tiffany: The locations and challenges are determined before casting is completed, and those who design such things are kept in the dark about contestants until the route/challenges are locked.  Hence, the ride in Sweden that one of the globetrotters couldn't ride - I have a feeling the person who designed that wasn't anticipating a contestant too tall to ride it.

--- End quote ---

I thought it said somewhere on the application that the race course is decided at least partially based on the things that those who apply say they will or won't do. I was under the impression that the race course was decided after contestants were chosen. Do we have any evidence that it is designed before the teams are chosen?

--- End quote ---

alittlebird is correct Hooky. The course and locations are chosen well before the contestants...think visas, film permits, all the complicated logistics. Teams are sometimes being revamped even a couplke of weeks beforehand.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, that's what makes sense in my mind...but I just know I read otherwise somewhere a while ago. Oh well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version