Author Topic: Questions  (Read 148803 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Questions
« Reply #300 on: March 30, 2010, 01:36:29 AM »
It always is...wait a few minutes and I'll part with one or two, :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #301 on: April 02, 2010, 03:45:49 PM »
If Steve/Allie and Carol/Brandy were spotted racing in Singapore does that mean Sunday's episode will be a TBC?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #302 on: April 02, 2010, 04:23:20 PM »
No...we believe it means one of them is a decoy.

We have a Pitstop with a greeter, so no TBC.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #303 on: April 02, 2010, 04:29:48 PM »
No...we believe it means one of them is a decoy.

We have a Pitstop with a greeter, so no TBC.

Thanks Peach for clearing this up. I didn't want to ask in the other thread.  :kuss:

Offline DianeC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #304 on: April 04, 2010, 08:28:53 PM »
How many U-Turns can be in one season? Cuz with the Title of next week's episode"Dumb did Us In"....It sounds like something C/B would say about B/C and do you think they U-Turned them?? :lol3:

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #305 on: April 04, 2010, 08:30:56 PM »
How many U-Turns can be in one season? Cuz with the Title of next week's episode"Dumb did Us In"....It sounds like something C/B would say about B/C and do you think they U-Turned them?? :lol3:

They are speculating about this in next weeks episode thread. :)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #306 on: April 05, 2010, 01:20:27 AM »
How many U-Turns can be in one season?

To answer the question that was asked -- it seems as if two is the maximum, although we're not usually told beforehand how many U-Turns there can be (as teams may decide not to use one, and the editors have been known not to hint at an unused U-Turn.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #307 on: April 05, 2010, 08:02:34 AM »
Perhaps a question better suited after Shanghai 2, but perhaps the peachy wizard would know: has the FF officially been put to pasture?

(if there's an FF in Singapore, question retracted; if there's an FF in Shanghai,  :knuckles:)

Offline DianeC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #308 on: April 05, 2010, 10:20:54 AM »

To answer the question that was asked -- it seems as if two is the maximum, although we're not usually told beforehand how many U-Turns there can be (as teams may decide not to use one, and the editors have been known not to hint at an unused U-Turn.

TYVM for answering..
OK another question...On running decoys..Since we now know S/A are decoys and so will everyone else be from now on...Is this to stop YOU from knowing?(the Spoilers)??
Cuz it is gonna look silly on my TV seeing S/A running next week and we now know they were out last week!

There is no way as a decoy that I would climb out on that Ferris Wheel!LMBO

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #309 on: April 05, 2010, 10:27:15 AM »

TYVM for answering..
OK another question...On running decoys..Since we now know S/A are decoys and so will everyone else be from now on...Is this to stop YOU from knowing?(the Spoilers)??
Cuz it is gonna look silly on my TV seeing S/A running next week and we now know they were out last week!

There is no way as a decoy that I would climb out on that Ferris Wheel!LMBO

From what I understand, the decoys do not appear on TV (At least, not intentionally, Kelly and Christy anyone???) And yes, the decoys are supposed to be so we don't figure it out... but Puddin and Peach always find a way (Not to mention all the other brilliant detectives.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #310 on: April 05, 2010, 11:14:16 AM »
A couple examples from last season:

Maria and Tiffany were filmed by a local crew in Estonia.  When this appeared on the internet, it was obvious that they were running as decoys.  This footage never aired on the show.

The Globetrotters and Gary & Matt were spotted in Las Vegas.  Even though they appeared to be racing (in what would have been the final 3) the detectives here noticed luggage tags on the Globetrotter's backpacks, indicating that they were probably decoys.  Again, none of this made it to air.

So the answer is yes, the run to throw off the spoilers.

Offline DianeC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #311 on: April 05, 2010, 12:03:53 PM »
A couple examples from last season:

Maria and Tiffany were filmed by a local crew in Estonia.  When this appeared on the internet, it was obvious that they were running as decoys.  This footage never aired on the show.

The Globetrotters and Gary & Matt were spotted in Las Vegas.  Even though they appeared to be racing (in what would have been the final 3) the detectives here noticed luggage tags on the Globetrotter's backpacks, indicating that they were probably decoys.  Again, none of this made it to air.

So the answer is yes, the run to throw off the spoilers.

Thx, you all..So now , I know these smart Detective spoilers know who wins...At least someone does...If I guess, will you tell me? Haaaaaaa

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #312 on: April 05, 2010, 07:06:53 PM »
Maria and Tiffany were filmed by a local crew in Estonia.
I wonder if the local media are ever in on the scam or if people like Liina Luhats are duped.

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #313 on: April 06, 2010, 07:35:59 AM »
Yeah, there's no way I'm doing that Ferris wheel thing when I have nothing to play for. Are there any penalties for skipping tasks as decoys?  LOL 

Though I probably would do anything depending on the mood/how I was Philiminated.

Back to the questions:

Perhaps a question better suited after Shanghai 2, but perhaps the peachy wizard would know: has the FF officially been put to pasture?

I'm not Peach but since the SB, the FF more or less has been continued.  Now, with 3 NEL, it seems less likely that we're getting more than one in a given race.  As that to the fact that several of them have been passed over completely (where it won't air on TV), we'll go through a season without one.

Chances are that there was one (and I'll do my best to find out next month, if not sooner; or if Peach/someone confirms), but it's likely a similar case to what happened in TAR14.  If there's one this season, this Sunday (or on 4/25) would be the latest we could see one.

So, if the FF has been retired, that would suck.  On the other hand, that's not to say it won't return in a future season (similar to the return of the uberlegs and the Intersection).
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline wonderfalls1

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #314 on: April 06, 2010, 08:01:08 AM »
Just a thought. Have anyone of the "experts" here tried to take part in the Amazing Race before?

If not, I wonder if the producers would ever allow the veterans here to take part.

I am guessing that they know who you all are.....  :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #315 on: April 06, 2010, 09:46:18 AM »
but perhaps the peachy wizard would know: has the FF officially been put to pasture?

I see NO reason to believe that the FF has been retired.  :waves:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #316 on: April 06, 2010, 12:23:18 PM »
but perhaps the peachy wizard would know: has the FF officially been put to pasture?

how about a hiatus?
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #317 on: April 06, 2010, 12:46:16 PM »

Ok, good. I don't want it gone. :lol:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #318 on: April 06, 2010, 01:00:02 PM »

how about a hiatus?

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #319 on: April 06, 2010, 01:32:37 PM »

how about a hiatus?

That really should get put in to the emoticons so we can all enjoy it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #320 on: April 06, 2010, 01:52:23 PM »
Just copy this post, and use my code, I don't mind if you only use it here! I love that. :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline DeafRacer

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #321 on: April 06, 2010, 02:09:16 PM »
Yeah, there's no way I'm doing that Ferris wheel thing when I have nothing to play for. Are there any penalties for skipping tasks as decoys?  LOL 

Though I probably would do anything depending on the mood/how I was Philiminated.

Back to the questions:

I'm not Peach but since the SB, the FF more or less has been continued.  Now, with 3 NEL, it seems less likely that we're getting more than one in a given race.  As that to the fact that several of them have been passed over completely (where it won't air on TV), we'll go through a season without one.

Chances are that there was one (and I'll do my best to find out next month, if not sooner; or if Peach/someone confirms), but it's likely a similar case to what happened in TAR14.  If there's one this season, this Sunday (or on 4/25) would be the latest we could see one.

So, if the FF has been retired, that would suck.  On the other hand, that's not to say it won't return in a future season (similar to the return of the uberlegs and the Intersection).

Fast Forward on my season was pretty stretchy - it was a task where a team were required to spend all of their money to buy toys for children's orphanage. A team would have been screwed since there would be no $$ for cab ride from children's orphanage to the pit stop. That's why nobody went for it. No way a team could survive next leg with only $50 dollars to start off with. Oh well.

Offline kwando1313

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #322 on: April 07, 2010, 10:23:00 PM »
Luke, quick question:

If you use the Blind U-turn, are you allowed to use the regular U-turn?

Thanks!

Offline DeafRacer

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #323 on: April 07, 2010, 10:44:24 PM »
Luke, quick question:

Thanks!

Yup! We were allowed to use the regular U-Turn. We hoped that we would be the first team to use U-Turn twice on two different teams and effectively eliminated two teams. That would be awesome to make a history like that. I tried to convince Tammy & Victor to let us U-Turn Kisha & Jen but they were worried that we wouldn't be able to beat Kisha & Jen to U-Turn first then we would have been U-Turned by K&J.

Dang it!

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #324 on: April 08, 2010, 12:39:52 AM »
Luke, quick question:

Thanks!

Yup! We were allowed to use the regular U-Turn. We hoped that we would be the first team to use U-Turn twice on two different teams and effectively eliminated two teams. That would be awesome to make a history like that. I tried to convince Tammy & Victor to let us U-Turn Kisha & Jen but they were worried that we wouldn't be able to beat Kisha & Jen to U-Turn first then we would have been U-Turned by K&J.

Dang it!

If my memory serves correctly, they were right to be worried. Didn't KF arrive at the U-Turn 2nd, only after Tammy & Victor.