Author Topic: Questions  (Read 148800 times)

Offline kimj

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: Questions
« Reply #250 on: February 25, 2010, 11:17:53 PM »
i thought that it says one team rushes into the er. does that mean they are taken? because taken and they rush into seems different to me.

Offline slpdx

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #251 on: February 28, 2010, 10:03:16 PM »
For the acronym challenged, what is a TBC?  Thanks in advance.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #252 on: February 28, 2010, 10:04:08 PM »
To be continued....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline slpdx

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #253 on: February 28, 2010, 10:09:23 PM »
 :lol:  Okay, thanks, that answers my question in the Ep 4 thread too.  :groan:

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #254 on: March 01, 2010, 09:11:16 AM »
One of the insider videos show Jordan having problems with her vehicle.  The cowboys are also in the clip looking at a map with their Gnome in hand. 

Does anyone know where that happened?  I think I see a sign that says Parking.  Parking for what task?

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #255 on: March 01, 2010, 09:30:43 AM »
Wow, good point! The hill seems to match the street leading away from the civic square in Bariloche. (photo source) ???

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #256 on: March 01, 2010, 09:56:38 AM »
This was a problem I had while searching for "El Boliche Viejo" on Google; it unhelpfully comes up with a map that shows the steakhouse in the middle of Bariloche, while the real restaurant is 19km east of town. We know from Jebber that the Old Joint was indeed their first location in Argentina, but are Dan/Jordan just misled, or was there a task after the Roadblock?

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #257 on: March 01, 2010, 10:00:29 AM »
One of the insider videos show Jordan having problems with her vehicle.  The cowboys are also in the clip looking at a map with their Gnome in hand. 

Does anyone know where that happened?  I think I see a sign that says Parking.  Parking for what task?

I think that was parking for the detour.  Jet and Cord have their polo shirts on, and I think Jeff and Jordan are just arriving.  On one side of the road you can see a sign with two arrows, pointing to the detour choices.

Offline butterfly38

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #258 on: March 01, 2010, 11:13:27 AM »
I want to go back and watch an episode that had an intersection.  Does anybody know what season and episode that would be so I can look on YouTube?  Thanks!

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #259 on: March 01, 2010, 11:21:11 AM »
I want to go back and watch an episode that had an intersection.  Does anybody know what season and episode that would be so I can look on YouTube?  Thanks!

TAR 10 and TAR 11, both episodes 8.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #260 on: March 01, 2010, 11:26:57 AM »
Retracted.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 11:36:17 AM by gator27 »

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #261 on: March 01, 2010, 11:27:39 AM »

I think that was parking for the detour.  Jet and Cord have their polo shirts on, and I think Jeff and Jordan are just arriving.  On one side of the road you can see a sign with two arrows, pointing to the detour choices.

Thanks, chill_sd.  That makes sense to me.  It was kind of cool to see them driving on the dirt roads in the clip when we didn't see anything like that on the show.

Offline DianeC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #262 on: March 03, 2010, 04:54:40 PM »
Can anyone who has been in the TAR race answer this.......If you are eliminated and then become a decoy team, do you get paid extra to do that?

Cuz to me that is alot of  extra work when you could just be lying in PuertoVellarta getting a tan and drinking Margaritas! :keeta:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #263 on: March 03, 2010, 08:21:37 PM »
Can anyone who has been in the TAR race answer this.......If you are eliminated and then become a decoy team, do you get paid extra to do that?

Cuz to me that is alot of  extra work when you could just be lying in PuertoVellarta getting a tan and drinking Margaritas! :keeta:

I haven't been in a TAR race (I wish!), but I figure that doing work as a decoy team is probably written into the contract you sign when you get chosen for TAR. I suspect they do get some token payment, but as they aren't going to be on TV, TAR doesn't have to give them the Screen Actor's Guild union scale wages (I think).

As for sitting in Puerto Vallarta working on your tan, by the time you get to the final 6 teams, you have maybe a week before the final leg. Take a day of rest after elimination, spend a day flying to Mexico and leave the day before the final leg for San Francisco and you get maybe 3 or 4 days in Puerto Vallarta. I'm not sure it's worth the trouble, especially since you spend part of each day doing stuff for the elimination station videos. It's also an added expense for the production company to fly them to Mexico and book extra accommodations as well as opposed to having them tag along with the crew. However, they probably do get paid something for the Elimination Station videos, if they get union scale wages for that. A few hundred bucks or so.

Who knows? They may even be free to explore Singapore and Shanghai after they run the decoy legs. That's more interesting to me that being in Puerto Vallarta.

Plaidmoon

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #264 on: March 03, 2010, 08:25:30 PM »
I don't think there is any payment involved....each racing team does get something, but I have never heard of any decoy bonuses, :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline DianeC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #265 on: March 03, 2010, 08:30:28 PM »
TY..I was thinking it may be part of the contract, cuz then all the paperwork is taken care of no matter when you are eliminated legal-wise!
Hugs,
Diane :kuss:

Offline DianeC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #266 on: March 05, 2010, 03:42:26 PM »
Another Question...
If there is a TBC and they go to another country for this, does that mean that no one is eliminated in Episode 4 in Germany(NEL), but may be eliminated in France, still leg 4(then how is it an NEL?

OMG..Get me a Zanax! The suspense is killing me to whether it is JJ or J/H.....Arggghhhh

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #267 on: March 05, 2010, 05:15:06 PM »
Yes - it's a virtual NEL in that no one is eliminated.

It's easier to think of it in terms of episodes rather than legs. If there's a TBC in Hamburg, then leg 4 takes place over two episodes. The first is a virtual NEL since no one is eliminated and there's no pit stop, while the second episode is simply the continuation of that. There would be only one Pit Stop (in France) if that were the case.

FWIW, I think it's about time for an NEL outright.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #268 on: March 05, 2010, 05:39:09 PM »
Haven't some of our recent NEL's been in the two leg/one countries?? There is no firm data for a TBC, we haven't had one in awhile. But a NEL between the two French legs? Hmmm.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #269 on: March 05, 2010, 05:57:32 PM »
I agree, Peach, I think the first leg in France will be NEL.  Then the final ES team will be eliminated at the end of leg 6.

Offline DianeC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #270 on: March 05, 2010, 05:58:29 PM »
Haven't some of our recent NEL's been in the two leg/one countries?? There is no firm data for a TBC, we haven't had one in awhile. But a NEL between the two French legs? Hmmm.

OK, wow..TY...I think...LMBO...So instead of JEJO or J/H going in Germany....one of them go in France AFTER the end of that episode(still being Leg 4 is what you are saying?)

I think i need a drink...

Offline DianeC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #271 on: March 05, 2010, 06:02:26 PM »

So, in English...what are you saying? An elimination after Episode 4(Germany), a NEL in Episode 5(France) and a elimination in Episode 6(whereever?)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #272 on: March 05, 2010, 06:04:35 PM »
No, Germany is leg 4 . There will either be an elim....or not. :funny:

Legs 5 and 6 are in France. I was just wondering if the end if leg 5 would be a good place for a NEL. I am lousy about remembering how stuff has played out before, so will wait for someone to tell us both. :lol: I totally do NOT know anything, anything re NEL's is total spec on my part.

And you do have the cutest smilies!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline DianeC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #273 on: March 05, 2010, 06:28:08 PM »
No, Germany is leg 4 . There will either be an elim....or not. :funny:

Legs 5 and 6 are in France. I was just wondering if the end if leg 5 would be a good place for a NEL. I am lousy about remembering how stuff has played out before, so will wait for someone to tell us both. :lol: I totally do NOT know anything, anything re NEL's is total spec on my part.

And you do have the cutest smilies!!

OK...I am confused again, so i will wait for further updates on this.....I am beginning to think like the cowboys after to much boot-drinking beer

BTW..feel free to take any of the smilies and use them here...Just right-click, go to properties and copy the url link and post here...Hugs

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #274 on: March 05, 2010, 07:43:56 PM »
In 12-leg seasons, non-eliminations seem to be common on Leg 5. Seasons 5, 7, 10, 11, and 14 had non-elims on Leg 5. So I'd say that is a good place to predict a non-elim. Plus it would be the first of two Pit Stops in one country, which makes it seem all the more likely that this would be the case.

Legs 4 and 6 are, historically, rarely non-elimination legs. Leg 4 was one in TAR6, but not since then. And Leg 6 was only a non-elim in seasons 1, 2, and 13. Thus I think that given this fact and the information we know about the route, I'd predict these won't be non-elimination legs.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 07:48:59 PM by J-Squeeze »
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis