Author Topic: Questions  (Read 149149 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Questions
« Reply #200 on: January 24, 2010, 05:32:46 PM »
The first post of the Timeline thread has all the info you need, and is updated as things change.

The first post of EACH of the spoiler threads (contestants, locations, timeline) has an ongoing summary.

This is the best place for anyone with a spoiler question to start.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #201 on: January 25, 2010, 12:57:14 AM »
The first post of the Timeline thread has all the info you need, and is updated as things change.

The first post of EACH of the spoiler threads (contestants, locations, timeline) has an ongoing summary.

This is the best place for anyone with a spoiler question to start.

Thanks, I ALWAYS forget to check those out, and as a result, I usuall post unnecessary questions, sorry! :(
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #202 on: January 25, 2010, 02:00:04 AM »
No worries, I'll see if we can get them labelled with (summary on page 1), that might help too.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #203 on: January 25, 2010, 04:58:28 PM »
No worries, I'll see if we can get them labelled with (summary on page 1), that might help too.
That would be a huge help for the memory-challenged like myself, lol!

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #204 on: January 25, 2010, 05:19:05 PM »
Oh, I just remembered to ask:

In previous seasons, how long before the first episode did they release the Route Map?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #205 on: January 25, 2010, 10:49:09 PM »
As soon as WE had all the locations, :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #206 on: January 26, 2010, 01:07:34 AM »
Oh, I just remembered to ask:

In previous seasons, how long before the first episode did they release the Route Map?

If my memory serves correctly, it was at the same time as the cast release. We may not get a map this season (which is fine; we know enough already).
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

DavidJunior

« Reply #207 on: January 26, 2010, 03:16:24 AM »
also, i think it only started in Season 13, so it is relatively new

but if we don't get it in this coming week, don't be expecting one

Offline misterblah

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #208 on: January 26, 2010, 03:07:48 PM »
Does anyone notice that Caite is too young to be on tar 16?

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #209 on: January 26, 2010, 03:29:55 PM »

Exclusive celebrity privilage, of course.  B:)

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #210 on: January 26, 2010, 04:23:06 PM »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #211 on: January 26, 2010, 04:47:04 PM »
Yes we did about a month ago when RFF first figured out who the AR16 teams are. I will point out that Caite was 4 months shy of her 21st birthday when AR16 began. However, when we get to the 7th telecast episode of AR16 (assuming one episode per week), she will be legal.
As Caelestor pointed out, the producers can break the rules for whoever they choose to but are unlikely to do it unless that individual is a celebrity. Caitlin Upton has been a genuine celebrity ever since she flubbed the Miss Teen USA question. I think there is a good chance she has already redeemed herself by getting her team into prime position, but she and Brent may in fact win AR16.

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #212 on: January 26, 2010, 06:10:06 PM »
Yes we did about a month ago when RFF first figured out who the AR16 teams are. I will point out that Caite was 4 months shy of her 21st birthday when AR16 began. However, when we get to the 7th telecast episode of AR16 (assuming one episode per week), she will be legal.
As Caelestor pointed out, the producers can break the rules for whoever they choose to but are unlikely to do it unless that individual is a celebrity. Caitlin Upton has been a genuine celebrity ever since she flubbed the Miss Teen USA question. I think there is a good chance she has already redeemed herself by getting her team into prime position, but she and Brent may in fact win AR16.

:tup: I Agree! Good post!

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #213 on: January 26, 2010, 07:02:32 PM »
The prizes the teams win aren't actually delivered to the teams until after the final episode airs, so it may be that the age limit is only legally significant as to the date a contestant receives a prize, and not the age of filming.

While we know that season's 3 Andrew barely made filming prior to his 21st birthday, and several recent teams have featured teams that waited years to apply due to the fact that one of them hadn't turned 21 (Dallas, Luke, Dan (last season's) and the male Jordan this season (in addition to Caite), it's starting to look as if CBS is taking a changed viewed on the age requirement. My guess is that the date is actually tied to the date teams actually receive the prize, but I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens in fiture seasons.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #214 on: January 26, 2010, 10:43:58 PM »
Basically the Producers have full discretion on this, my guess is they recruited/wanted her and made an exception.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #215 on: January 27, 2010, 12:08:43 AM »
Basically the Producers have full discretion on this, my guess is they recruited/wanted her and made an exception.

Celebrity exceptions. *grumble grumble*
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

DavidJunior

« Reply #216 on: January 27, 2010, 12:49:19 AM »
why can't i be one of those exceptions?!  :tantrum

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #217 on: January 27, 2010, 07:31:36 AM »

Better start working on being a Youtube sensation now.  :lol3:

Plaidmoon

Offline nathandg0924

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #218 on: January 27, 2010, 07:38:21 AM »

Better start working on being a Youtube sensation now.  :lol3:

Plaidmoon

Not all get to have that privilege!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #219 on: January 28, 2010, 01:24:47 PM »
:ot:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #220 on: January 28, 2010, 03:47:00 PM »
I think there is a good chance she has already redeemed herself by getting her team into prime position, but she and Brent may in fact win AR16.

Unless they backdoored their way into every following leg (save for the ones that they could afford to come in last in).  But if they win it, regardless, it's going to be very difficult, if not impossible for someone to break the record of youngest winner ever.

Anyway, as mentioned, it will be interesting to see the casting moving forward.  I think something similar also happened on Survivor.  In S15, they casted someone that wasn't even 20 years old.  Maybe they did decrease the age limit to 18 or something.  Either way, it's not a big deal.  I think Caite will be great TV, and as mentioned, she could be a completely different person and actually be a threat toward the rest of the field. 

On a related note, it's pretty funny how they don't want to do another all-star season, but then efforts are made to get someone known.

The big question I would have is what would happen if something completely random comes up and it's a 21+ thing?  I'd imagine that it wouldn't be an issue, but you never know.
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #221 on: February 10, 2010, 06:37:01 AM »
The prizes the teams win aren't actually delivered to the teams until after the final episode airs, so it may be that the age limit is only legally significant as to the date a contestant receives a prize, and not the age of filming.

While we know that season's 3 Andrew barely made filming prior to his 21st birthday, and several recent teams have featured teams that waited years to apply due to the fact that one of them hadn't turned 21 (Dallas, Luke, Dan (last season's) and the male Jordan this season (in addition to Caite), it's starting to look as if CBS is taking a changed viewed on the age requirement. My guess is that the date is actually tied to the date teams actually receive the prize, but I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens in fiture seasons.

I would like to add that Luke and his mom and other family members applied for Season 8, but for some reason, they were cut. (Deafracer can confirm this)

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #222 on: February 10, 2010, 10:08:33 PM »
I know this has been mentioned before but this forum is so all over the place that you can't track whats going on...

My question is... Is this season in HD? If not, is it in 16:9 screen ratio? Or still in 4:3?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 10:53:14 PM by RichInSydney »
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #223 on: February 10, 2010, 10:17:34 PM »
No...and no idea. :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #224 on: February 13, 2010, 11:50:51 AM »
I heard that Elim. Station was recorded on HD. Is it true?
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move