Author Topic: Questions  (Read 149213 times)

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
Re: Questions
« Reply #175 on: December 20, 2009, 04:58:44 PM »
Is there more than one leg in Shanghai? Or is TAR actually not having a double leg in the penultimate country?

Are we sure there are 5 teams racing in Singapore?

Offline catzoid

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #176 on: December 22, 2009, 09:46:35 AM »
Are the decoys given any incentive to act like they're racing seriously? "Winning team from among the three of you will get $1000" or something like that? I'm just wondering, because otherwise it seems too easy to tell the decoys from the Final Three.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #177 on: December 22, 2009, 12:38:00 PM »
Is there more than one leg in Shanghai? Or is TAR actually not having a double leg in the penultimate country?

Are we sure there are 5 teams racing in Singapore?

They didn't do a double-leg in the penultimate country last season. But who knows what they'll do with that this time? I would speculate that there wouldn't be a double-leg in the 2 penultimate legs, but who knows?

And as for Shanghai, where is the info indicating that Shanghai was visited? ???
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline :jerry:

• RFF Sr. Member
  • JTAR Season 1 is on RIGHT NOW!
« Reply #178 on: December 31, 2009, 04:45:28 PM »
Will Shanghai be visited because of the 2010 Expo(bringing teams to the Expo location)?

Could there be a stop in Vancouver because of the olympics? (Shanghai-->Vancouver-->San Fran)

(or will Season 17 visit here AFTER the olympics like Season 14 Beijing?)
Jerry's fantasy game partcipation:
Vic's 4th Race: Jerry and Uycocoa Eliminated
MTAR Season 3: Jerry and Panda (Natasha and Paula) Eliminated

JTAR Season 1 Nanaimo Leg is on right now!

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #179 on: January 01, 2010, 01:10:53 AM »
Will Shanghai be visited because of the 2010 Expo(bringing teams to the Expo location)?

Could there be a stop in Vancouver because of the olympics? (Shanghai-->Vancouver-->San Fran)

I get the feeling that the powers that be at TAR try to avoid anything on legs that might indicate just when the race was run. Sort of trying to keep it timeless and not having the viewers react "Wow, they filmed that 4 months ago!" So, no, I doubt if they will visit the Shanghai 2010 Expo. I had no idea that Shanghai was having an 2010 Expo. I see it doesn't open until May. The only way I see them going there is if the Chinese government paid to have them come to Shanghai and do something at the unopened fair grounds.

As for Vancouver, we already know they went from Shanghai to San Francisco this season, so no side trip to Vancouver. I think Vancouver is quite likely sometime in the next 2 or 3 seasons. They like to go to past Olympic venues.

Plaidmoon

DavidJunior

« Reply #180 on: January 01, 2010, 01:36:21 AM »

I get the feeling that the powers that be at TAR try to avoid anything on legs that might indicate just when the race was run. Sort of trying to keep it timeless and not having the viewers react "Wow, they filmed that 4 months ago!" So, no, I doubt if they will visit the Shanghai 2010 Expo. I had no idea that Shanghai was having an 2010 Expo. I see it doesn't open until May. The only way I see them going there is if the Chinese government paid to have them come to Shanghai and do something at the unopened fair grounds.

As for Vancouver, we already know they went from Shanghai to San Francisco this season, so no side trip to Vancouver. I think Vancouver is quite likely sometime in the next 2 or 3 seasons. They like to go to past Olympic venues.

They haven't gone to Torino yet :P

DavidJunior

« Reply #181 on: January 01, 2010, 01:49:25 AM »
Is there any chance that this is a 13 leg race?

Let's ASSUME the Paraguay info is indeed correct:

That gives enough time between the Bariloche spoiler (memory is hazy on exact date 2nd or 3rd?) and the Paraguay sighting on the 5th?

There was no activity until teams were spotted on a flight from Dubai arriving in Kuala Lumpur on the 14th.  Teams were then spotted running around Penang, Malaysia on the 16th.  There is room for one leg in that gap.

Teams were seen in Singapore and then Shanghai after Malaysia.  And then San Francisco

That gives a potential 10 legs confirmed:
Valparaiso, Chile
Puerto Varas, Chile
Bariloche, Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina??
Paraguay
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia??
Penang, Malaysia
Singapore
Shanghai, China
San Francisco, USA

now, the gap between the Paraguay leg (ending either on the 6th/7th), and the possible first Malaysia leg (on the 14th) leaves room for about 3 legs (and we now know for sure that at least one leg was spent in both Europe and Africa, thanks to Macaroons)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #182 on: January 01, 2010, 08:47:37 AM »
David Junior,

It looks to me like you have 2 transit points on your list, Buenos Aires and Kuala Lumpur. Although there is no hard information either way, I do not believe that legs were run in either place. They were just an airport connecting point according to my thinking about this. You have 8 sound legs. Based on the known timing, there could be 11 or 12 legs, most likely 11. That means there are 3 legs not accounted for yet either before Paraguay or between Paraguay and Penang.

DavidJunior

« Reply #183 on: January 01, 2010, 05:57:29 PM »
David Junior,

It looks to me like you have 2 transit points on your list, Buenos Aires and Kuala Lumpur. Although there is no hard information either way, I do not believe that legs were run in either place. They were just an airport connecting point according to my thinking about this. You have 8 sound legs. Based on the known timing, there could be 11 or 12 legs, most likely 11. That means there are 3 legs not accounted for yet either before Paraguay or between Paraguay and Penang.

for both the Buenos Aires and Kuala Lumpur speculation I was looking more at the gaps between sightings:
Bariloche (2nd/3rd of December) to Ascuncion (5th/6th).  You can totally fit another leg in there with ease (BA was just the most likely)
then there is a gap between the UAE to KL flight (14th) and teams being sighted in Penang (16th).  Just saying that there is room in both places, which leaves plenty of room for 13 legs

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #184 on: January 01, 2010, 06:55:10 PM »
A quick question here.

I was wondering who you guys thought were the Final Three. From what I read, I take it as Caitlin/Brent, the cowboys, and the short-haired women (sorry, I can't remember the names). Is this it, or do you guys think something else is possible? :duno:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #185 on: January 01, 2010, 07:56:30 PM »
A quick question here.

I was wondering who you guys thought were the Final Three. From what I read, I take it as Caitlin/Brent, the cowboys, and the short-haired women (sorry, I can't remember the names). Is this it, or do you guys think something else is possible? :duno:
Throw the "frat" brothers in the mix.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #186 on: January 02, 2010, 05:19:24 PM »
A quick question here.

Throw the "frat" brothers in the mix.
Thanks! :hugs: Is the father/daughter a possibility, or do we know they are out?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #187 on: January 02, 2010, 11:45:44 PM »
The best place to look for new updates is the first post of the Timeline and each spoiler thread, racer.

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,21194.msg480198.html#msg480198

Hope this helps!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #188 on: January 03, 2010, 12:06:50 PM »
With the race going to Singapore, I wonder if there will be a little crossover between the US and Asian version of TAR.

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #189 on: January 04, 2010, 04:04:49 PM »
Just wondering what everyone thinks about the missing 2 or 3 legs that we have still to solve in the middle of this race? Based on previous spoilers that were missed in past races, where do you think they have gone?

My thoughts would be 2 or 3 legs in Africa. In past races, have you gotten mainly spoilers from that continent?
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline River

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #190 on: January 04, 2010, 05:21:17 PM »
Just wondering what everyone thinks about the missing 2 or 3 legs that we have still to solve in the middle of this race? Based on previous spoilers that were missed in past races, where do you think they have gone?

My thoughts would be 2 or 3 legs in Africa. In past races, have you gotten mainly spoilers from that continent?
My guess is that the missing legs are in Africa, as Macaroons said, teams are going to 5 continents this season, and they are probably not in Oceania. This is probably correct.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #191 on: January 04, 2010, 05:31:37 PM »
The best place to look for new updates is the first post of the Timeline and each spoiler thread, racer.

Hope this helps!
Thanks! I always forget about the Page #1 summaries! :groan:

Offline River

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #192 on: January 04, 2010, 05:33:27 PM »

Hope this helps!
Also, The Amazing Race 16 Destinations/Locations has been updated with pics on the first page.
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,21253.0.html

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #193 on: January 04, 2010, 05:39:34 PM »

Hope this helps!
Also, The Amazing Race 16 Destinations/Locations has been updated with pics on the first page.
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,21253.0.html

Thats me working on it Dawne, I keep getting sidetracked and have like 20 pages open trying to remember what I was doing last and looking for links and whatnot :lol:
Everything is so scattered that I'm thinking that I'm going to start over again from scratch :colors

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #194 on: January 04, 2010, 06:26:06 PM »
My guess is that the missing legs are in Africa, as Macaroons said, teams are going to 5 continents this season, and they are probably not in Oceania.

I must be missing something. How do we know they are going to 5 continents? Is that 5 continents where they have a leg? If so we have so far:

1. South America
2. Asia
3. North America

We can safely say no Australia/Oceania as the spoiled route so far doesn't allow it plus Im sure there would have been spoilers. Therefore if 5 continents is official, then they must go to Africa and Europe or Antarctica?

Europe doesn't make sense at the moment since you can get easy direct flights from the main European hubs to Kuala Lumpur, but we have spoilers that they connected through Dubai? Plus you would have expected more European spoilers by now.
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #195 on: January 04, 2010, 08:57:38 PM »
My guess is that the missing legs are in Africa, as Macaroons said, teams are going to 5 continents this season, and they are probably not in Oceania.

I must be missing something. How do we know they are going to 5 continents? Is that 5 continents where they have a leg?

You'll have to ask Macaroons what the confirmation is. Everyone here is just assuming he is right.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #196 on: January 04, 2010, 10:02:26 PM »

I must be missing something. How do we know they are going to 5 continents? Is that 5 continents where they have a leg? If so we have so far:

1. South America
2. Asia
3. North America

We can safely say no Australia/Oceania as the spoiled route so far doesn't allow it plus Im sure there would have been spoilers. Therefore if 5 continents is official, then they must go to Africa and Europe or Antarctica?

Europe doesn't make sense at the moment since you can get easy direct flights from the main European hubs to Kuala Lumpur, but we have spoilers that they connected through Dubai? Plus you would have expected more European spoilers by now.

RichInsydney,
I think you have overlooked the possibility of one leg in Europe followed by two legs in Africa, exiting through Dubai as there are many flights from African capital or large cities to Dubai.

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #197 on: January 04, 2010, 10:10:08 PM »
I think you have overlooked the possibility of one leg in Europe followed by two legs in Africa, exiting through Dubai as there are many flights from African capital or large cities to Dubai.
Very true, however my original question was based on previous races, how many spoilers were missed in the past and where did they end up being from? Eg, i would assume a lot of African spoilers were missed due to the romote paces and lack of local knowledge of TAR.

But if they did go to Europe for a leg (e.g. Germany) you would have expected some more soild spoilers. How many European spoilers have been missed in the past?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #198 on: January 04, 2010, 10:28:31 PM »

Very true, however my original question was based on previous races, how many spoilers were missed in the past and where did they end up being from? Eg, i would assume a lot of African spoilers were missed due to the romote paces and lack of local knowledge of TAR.

Pray for missionaries :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #199 on: January 24, 2010, 05:14:19 PM »
Well I was on some other site (can't remember where :whoop: ) and it had written something along the lines of "Detectives at RFF confirmed the Final Three" and they mentioned Brent & Caite, Jet & Cord and Carol & Brandy.

I know that we have speculated that to be the Final Three, but has it actually been confirmed? I'm just a little confused. :tantrum