Author Topic: Questions  (Read 148828 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Questions
« Reply #150 on: December 17, 2009, 09:41:24 PM »
I just hope y'all didn't MISS anything. :lol:
:cmaslol  :cmas10

Offline TARandJJFan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #151 on: December 18, 2009, 02:29:12 PM »
I have 2 production related questions.

The first being how long is it usually after a team checks in last at a pitstop and is eliminated that they put them on a plane & send them to elimination station if they are one of the first 6 or 7 teams eliminated?

Second, does CBS or TAR ever put teams that are couples on a gag order in regards to their relationship? I thought I saw somewhere where someone said that occasionally they do if that team's relationship is a big factor in the show.

Thanks in advance for the help!  :xmas49

Offline Sunny

• RFF Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #152 on: December 18, 2009, 04:28:44 PM »

Do the eliminated teams get sequestered somewhere until the race is over? Would that location be in Mexico?Has it been in different locations for different races?      Yes, I saw the picture of Jeff and Jordan in mexico around December 9th. Why would they be in Mexico? What typically happens to the eliminated teams? Is the race really almost over? Thank you

Offline River

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #153 on: December 18, 2009, 04:31:04 PM »

Do the eliminated teams get sequestered somewhere until the race is over? Would that location be in Mexico?Has it been in different locations for different races?      Yes, I saw the picture of Jeff and Jordan in mexico around December 9th. Why would they be in Mexico? What typically happens to the eliminated teams? Is the race really almost over? Thank you
Yes, speculation says that Elimination Station IS in Mexico. Teams get sequestered normally if they are 7th place or are eliminated before.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #154 on: December 18, 2009, 04:36:56 PM »
The location of Elimination Station varies according to the route of the race.  With the first few eliminations taking place in South America it makes sense to have it in Mexico.  Previous Mexican locations have included Acapulco.  Last season it was in VietNam and S14 was in Thailand.

They even continue to film some of the eliminated teams activities and reactions.  Videos are located here (http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race/video/?vs=Elimination%20Station) for a few seasons.

Offline nmbeach

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #155 on: December 18, 2009, 10:03:59 PM »
I didn't expect Jeff & Jordan to make it very far in the race, but I'm not buying the picture of them in Mexico.  Since they were recognized at the airport at the beginning of the race, I don't think they would let them out in public to watch a parade before the race is over.  Something's just not right about that photo?

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #156 on: December 18, 2009, 10:08:56 PM »
I didn't expect Jeff & Jordan to make it very far in the race, but I'm not buying the picture of them in Mexico.  Since they were recognized at the airport at the beginning of the race, I don't think they would let them out in public to watch a parade before the race is over.  Something's just not right about that photo?

It actually makes perfect sense. Once teams are eliminated and are sent to the sequester location, they are allowed to participate in activities around the area that are part of culture, etc. That's what they are doing. There is extensive talk about this in some of the other threads.

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #157 on: December 18, 2009, 10:09:06 PM »
Okay: When teams are at the ES, they go out on group outings. They bring in locals for activities. (Like the yoga in the most recent season.)
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #158 on: December 19, 2009, 03:27:16 AM »

Yes, speculation says that Elimination Station IS in Mexico. Teams get sequestered normally if they are 7th place or are eliminated before.

Make that 5th place or before, not 7th. Sometimes has included 6th, but def not more.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Ryan83

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #159 on: December 19, 2009, 03:33:40 AM »
thats what I always thought 5 sometimes 6

11th place,10th place, 9th place, 8th place and 7th place go to ES...
then 6th place, 5th place and 4th place are decoys
then other 3 battle it out for 1 million dollars  :cmas26

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #160 on: December 19, 2009, 03:41:08 AM »
Sometimes 6th place out has gone to ES. Last # to ES may vary in 12 team seasons. But basically that is absolutely correct.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #161 on: December 19, 2009, 03:43:19 AM »

An important factor is where the teams are eliminated geographically.
For instance, TAR 12 ES was in Portugal to absorb the Europe elims (aside from Azaria + Hendekea).
TAR 13's was in Mexico, and the last team to arrive was from Cambodia.
TAR 14's was in Phuket, and the last team to arrive was from just nearby, Mel and Mike.
TAR 15's was in Vietnam, and teams eliminated in Dubai were sent there.

Thus, if TAR 16's was in Mexico, we can assume that by the time the race reaches Oceania/Asia, there should be only 6 teams remaining. The others have been sent to the villa from SA, Europe, and/or Africa.

Offline River

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #162 on: December 19, 2009, 08:58:27 AM »

Sometimes 6th place out has gone to ES. Last # to ES may vary in 12 team seasons. But basically that is absolutely correct.
Yes, I just meant in general from all the seasons, that 7th place and before DOES go to sequester.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #163 on: December 19, 2009, 09:07:35 AM »

The most important factor in determining how many teams go to ES is how many rooms the designated accomodation has. Acapulco's Casa Legouia clearly has 5.

DavidJunior

« Reply #164 on: December 19, 2009, 03:54:58 PM »
I post this question here because I want to keep the destination/sightings thread open for just that:

but, does the photo of the eliminated teams arriving in SF prove that the Bay Area is the location of the finale?

or do they go to another flight from there?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #165 on: December 19, 2009, 05:09:29 PM »
I post this question here because I want to keep the destination/sightings thread open for just that:

but, does the photo of the eliminated teams arriving in SF prove that the Bay Area is the location of the finale?

:cmas19

DavidJunior

« Reply #166 on: December 19, 2009, 05:12:10 PM »

i'll take that as a, "i'm not gonna tell you so you spoil the finale, but you're probably right..."

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #167 on: December 19, 2009, 05:15:34 PM »

i'll take that as a, "i'm not gonna tell you so you spoil the finale, but you're probably right..."

Here. Posted in the Contestants thread.

It isn't even that entirely.

It is that RFF loves the race first and foremost. And even though we are a spoiler board, we feel a great responsibility to ensure that the finale occurs unmolested. As a spoiler board, we sometimes DO have info that we feel should NOT be shared ahead of time. The Portland finale site was an example of this. We knew the exact MAT location ahead of time and chose NOT to reveal that info until AFTER the finale had safely been filmed, so that the race could finish in safety, and out of respect to the show.

And yes, RFF has known all week that San Fran was the Finale City, but chose, just as we did in Portland, to not reveal that info before the finale had safely been filmed.

But now, thanks to production's own carelessness, the cat is out of the bag.

I just hope that SF doesn't turn into the zoo Portland did.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #168 on: December 20, 2009, 01:52:04 AM »
I read on the contestant thread that the African American "pink" girls are one of the teams sent to ES. Is this true, or do you think that, like it was mentioned, the girl sighted at the airport was indeed a member of the AA M/F team.

I just want this clarified, because I was going to cheer for the "pink" team.
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #169 on: December 20, 2009, 02:26:31 AM »
I read on the contestant thread that the African American "pink" girls are one of the teams sent to ES. Is this true, or do you think that, like it was mentioned, the girl sighted at the airport was indeed a member of the AA M/F team.

:cmas13

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #170 on: December 20, 2009, 06:30:49 AM »

:cmas13
Does  :cmas13 mean that you think it is them?

Oh well, let's go find another team to cheer on... :cmas28
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #171 on: December 20, 2009, 09:56:32 AM »

And then there are the classic days, where even the 5th place finishers headed to Sequesterville.  That probably won't ever happen again!

It actually makes perfect sense. Once teams are eliminated and are sent to the sequester location, they are allowed to participate in activities around the area that are part of culture, etc. That's what they are doing. There is extensive talk about this in some of the other threads.

Yeah, I agree.  This is the proper way of doing things, regardless of that photograph.  Despite the proof there, it is someone right to believe that they survived the entire race.  That (also) being to assume nothing until it's made official.  It could be seen as wishful thinking.  Fair enough; otherwise, someone might choose to skip because they came to the agreement that J & J are out.

What's unfortunate is that J & J are pretty big stars.  Not as epic as Rob & Amber, but big enough that I wished that TPTB had decided to do something different, with the likelihood that the BB fans would stop at nothing to learn the status of J & J (and then tweet about it before the show even finished taping).  OTOH, had J & J finished 6th or higher, it wouldn't have been that big of a deal (esp now, with fewer things spoiled) as they would have likely been decoys that only would've best been disclosed right here.  What a shame, because if any effort was made to keep things undisclosed, someone did a great job.
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline DianeC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #172 on: December 20, 2009, 03:52:11 PM »
Do the 3 decoy teams have to do the feats with the 3 remaining teams to make it look real? :cmas5

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #173 on: December 20, 2009, 03:53:20 PM »
Do the 3 decoy teams have to do the feats with the 3 remaining teams to make it look real? :cmas5

They can. Answered in other thread by puddin.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #174 on: December 20, 2009, 04:44:10 PM »
They can do final tasks as well, for instance Season 13 one of the decoy teams was extremely disappointed that they did not get a chance to do the Bridge of Gods challenge because of timing. Thats just one instance off the top of my head and yes they run decoys as well to throw off the spoilers/sightings. Sometimes they even use the sequestered teams.

I think I'm repeating myself ..  :cmaslol  its somewhere up thread.

heres a very good example of season 14 teams

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_7P7odoI3XXA/SU_98__n5YI/AAAAAAAABUg/MLzL1RPWrzo/s1600-h/DSCF0164.JPG