Author Topic: Questions  (Read 148793 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Questions
« Reply #75 on: December 09, 2009, 01:00:29 AM »
Does CBS give out a Map with the routes the teams went on before the season starts? When did they start doing this? I thought it was better if it was left a mystery until the season began?

Heee....they just wanted to join the spoiling fun. But...Neobie's MAPS are way prettier!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #76 on: December 09, 2009, 05:37:20 AM »
Does CBS give out a Map with the routes the teams went on before the season starts? When did they start doing this? I thought it was better if it was left a mystery until the season began?

Heee....they just wanted to join the spoiling fun. But...Neobie's MAPS are way prettier!!
And way more interesting! "Everywhere Like Such As", I mean seriously!!! :groan:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline LVloverNaNa

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #77 on: December 10, 2009, 12:28:31 AM »
Is there "any" clue if J&J are still in TAR16? 

Also, when does the airing of TAR16 begin?
"When The Money Comes Out Of The ATM, Scream "I Won!, I Won!"

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: December 10, 2009, 12:31:37 AM »
Your guess is as good as ours at this point. We haven't heard anything, but I'm sure the TAR Detectives are on the case.

The airing will most likely start after the Winter Olympics so expect March 4, 2010 as the premiere date.
Just here to visit.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #79 on: December 10, 2009, 12:33:37 AM »
Is there "any" clue if J&J are still in TAR16?  

Also, when does the airing of TAR16 begin?

Based solely on how well teams from other shows or "mini-celebrity" teams have done on the race in the past, I would be surprised if they weren't still in it right now. I wouldn't worry too much. :tup:

But we don't have any evidence to prove anything other than that they were in the first leg.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #80 on: December 10, 2009, 12:36:57 AM »
1. Do teams get to mingle at the pit stop, and are teams aware of their opponent's position?

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #81 on: December 10, 2009, 12:42:18 AM »
1. Do teams get to mingle at the pit stop, and are teams aware of their opponent's position?

I believe that in most of the previous seasons, teams were allowed to mingle at every Pit Stop, and thus would have obviously become aware of each other's position. But in TAR 14 and 15, about half-way through the race, teams were separated at the Pit Stops and sometimes couldn't even see each other. That's why in the TAR 15 finale, the first two teams didn't know that it would be Brian & Ericka showing up at the airport.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: December 10, 2009, 12:53:19 AM »
We do know that sequestering of the teams is happening earlier and earlier in each season. They are being kept apart, especially as the teams get down to about five or so.
Just here to visit.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #83 on: December 10, 2009, 05:14:01 AM »
Why would M/C even see B/E at the pitstop anyway. We have estimated they arrived about 6 hours apart. M/C were probably sleeping when B/E arrived and B/E were probably sleeping when M/C left.

I am NOT saying that WRP doesnt do some kind of physical separating of teams in the last two seasons, that may be so. You can also explain it in other ways too.
Matthew 7:15

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: December 10, 2009, 07:59:42 AM »
Your guess is as good as ours at this point. We haven't heard anything, but I'm sure the TAR Detectives are on the case.

The airing will most likely start after the Winter Olympics so expect March 4, 2010 as the premiere date.

TARAsia Fan, I don't expect AR16 will be on Thursdays, so I suspect that you inadvertently dropped a digit. Perhaps you meant Sunday March 14 or perhaps March 7, but surely not Thursday March 4.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 01:37:48 PM by apskip »

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #85 on: December 10, 2009, 08:26:11 AM »
Ap,

Look at your calendar again. You're most likely looking at February.
Just here to visit.

Offline TARandJJFan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #86 on: December 10, 2009, 08:38:00 AM »
I'm not so sure the Olympics will push the air date back. The spring version of TAR usually premiers the second weekend in Feb. That's Valentine's day this year. I think that's the same weekend that the Olympics starts, and it only lasts 2 weeks. But, TAR is only 1 hour. I could see CBS keeping the premier the same & putting it up against an hour of the Olympics, since they are on 2 different networks.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #87 on: December 10, 2009, 09:06:36 AM »
the winter  omplicya suck so wheter watch the amazing race

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: December 10, 2009, 09:25:41 AM »
Ap,

Ummm, on my calendar (and apparently ap's calendar) March 4th, 2010 is a Thursday... :badhorse:
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #89 on: December 10, 2009, 09:31:23 AM »
I'm not so sure the Olympics will push the air date back. The spring version of TAR usually premiers the second weekend in Feb. That's Valentine's day this year. I think that's the same weekend that the Olympics starts, and it only lasts 2 weeks. But, TAR is only 1 hour. I could see CBS keeping the premier the same & putting it up against an hour of the Olympics, since they are on 2 different networks.

If they start the same weekend they may not want to put it up against the opening ceremonies. Doing so would almost certainly result in bad ratings.

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #90 on: December 10, 2009, 09:38:11 AM »
It'll be interesting to see what happens.  It's a tough call.  Common sense would say to have it air right after the Superbowl (a la Survivor Australia and All-Stars).  Actually, that's more wishful thinking than common sense, but I'd think it would make sense.  If football has proven to help TAR since 10 (save for 11 and 14), imagine what the Superbowl would do!  Sadly, it's not going to happen.  As mentioned, the season would be long enough to start in February and then end in May.  Also, with the upcoming Survivor Season, if anything, that's closer to the front of the line of post-SB programs to air right after the Superbowl.

Given that, common sense would be to air it later.  To avoid all the conflicts, I think March 14 would be the best bet.  It's tough, and only because it's on a Sunday.  That's in terms of when best to premiere it.  Really, from a tarfly's POV, whatever it takes to avoid having the show end on May 9 is the way to go.  That would suck (especially if it doesn't premiere on February 7).

That being said, I don't think 2/14 is automatic.  True it would mirror last year's schedule, but things change (like the survivor finale moving up a week this fall).  While the Olympics and TAR are on two different networks, that results in TV conflicts & who would want to kick off a season opposite the opening weekend of the winter Olympics?  That, and the fact that a couple may feel that their love and time for one another is worth more than any episode of TAR.

I think 2/21 or 2/28 is more likely, but it also depends on the course of the race.  3/14 would be a little late, especially with the ACMs likely to preempt TAR completely before finale time.
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #91 on: December 10, 2009, 09:53:07 AM »
Ap,

Ummm, on my calendar (and apparently ap's calendar) March 4th, 2010 is a Thursday... :badhorse:
I was looking at April. Sorry. :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: December 10, 2009, 09:54:49 AM »
Usually the networks will not schedule original programming against the Winter Olympics because they're a killer. The only program that does well against it is American Idol. With the Olympics in Vancouver and being live in the US, it will kill anything against it.

I'm going to venture a guess that CBS will delay the premiere until March.
Just here to visit.

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #93 on: December 10, 2009, 10:42:21 AM »
With a March Start, here are the dates to get a 12-episode season in.

March 07
March 14
March 21
March 28
April 04
April 11
April 18
April 25
May 02
May 09
May 16

That's 11 weeks for 12 episodes.  I didn't put 5/23 there because it's the last weekend Survivor's finale could be before Memorial Day weekend.  Now, we're going to have to knock off two more weeks from the above schedule (3/7 for the Academy Awards and another week for the ACMs).  To best avoid all the conflicts, there will have to be a lot of 2-hour episodes if they're going to keep the show on Sunday.  The last time they had multiple 2-hr shows (three) was during the TAR7 & TARFE runs, prior to the move to the weekend.

This might result in having our first 2-hour finale in four years.  Unfortunately, Cold Case moved back to 9 PM.  So unless they keep 10 pm Sundays as a rerun slot to bump Cold Case up to that 10 pm slot whenever necessary, it could get complicated.

Again, this year is a tough call, since it's the first year since the move that the winter games are a factor.  I think I should let it play out; I feel like the BCS committee trying to figure out all the matchups for this years NCAAF postseason!  However, as TARAsia Fan mentioned, although by mistake, March 4 could work if it airs after Survivor.  Then, you can have an episode on that Sunday, opposite the Oscars.  That way, no need for TPTB to crunch in the season, and TAR would have its second episode run on 3/7 instead of a premiere.  They wouldn't do that b/c thinking of all the alternatives and taking risks isn't on their to-do list.
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #94 on: December 10, 2009, 11:10:48 AM »
March 14 is selection Sunday for March Madness, with games scheduled on 3/21 and 3/28.

Don't know if this would affect TAR, but it seems like it would.  It always affects Survivor, too.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: December 10, 2009, 11:19:06 AM »
Just runovers which actually help TAR.
Just here to visit.

Offline Ryan83

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #96 on: December 10, 2009, 11:21:11 AM »
March 14 is selection Sunday for March Madness, with games scheduled on 3/21 and 3/28.

Don't know if this would affect TAR, but it seems like it would.  It always affects Survivor, too.

IMHO... with all that is in the way of this season. TPTB knew this before hand. Which is why we see a Jeff and Jordan and Miss SC. BC they need to draw ppl in and those ppl do that. Also IMHO I think we will see a few "You are not eliminated but markd for it" when is comes to JnJ and Miss SC. Just like TAR-AllStars. When Eric and Dani were 24 hours behind and they had the intercetion so that them and the Guidos could catch the leaders. If they didnt put it there then no way in hell is the rest of the season worth watching with 2 teams so far behind bc of the airport problems that season.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #97 on: December 10, 2009, 11:34:25 AM »

IMHO... with all that is in the way of this season. TPTB knew this before hand. Which is why we see a Jeff and Jordan and Miss SC. BC they need to draw ppl in and those ppl do that. Also IMHO I think we will see a few "You are not eliminated but markd for it" when is comes to JnJ and Miss SC. Just like TAR-AllStars. When Eric and Dani were 24 hours behind and they had the intercetion so that them and the Guidos could catch the leaders. If they didnt put it there then no way in hell is the rest of the season worth watching with 2 teams so far behind bc of the airport problems that season.

To clear things up, NEL's are predetermined. The producers don't interfere with the race by picking who they want to save from elimination.  ;)

Offline Ryan83

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #98 on: December 10, 2009, 11:38:28 AM »
Just like the intersection was predetermined... ;) :jam:

Offline TARandJJFan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #99 on: December 10, 2009, 12:08:40 PM »

March Madness will most definitely pre-empt at least 2 weeks of TAR. As far as the Olympics goes I saw someone post above about the opening ceremonies. They are always on Friday night.