Author Topic: Questions  (Read 148819 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Questions
« Reply #125 on: December 15, 2009, 11:09:01 PM »

Or maybe it will go for another week or so and turn into a 27-28 day race like the old seasons.  :yess:

Dream on.  :colors But sigh...I miss the good ole days. :cmaslol
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #126 on: December 15, 2009, 11:12:48 PM »

Or maybe it will go for another week or so and turn into a 27-28 day race like the old seasons.  :yess:

Dream on.  :colors But sigh...I miss the good ole days. :cmaslol

AKA pre-Season 12.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline DianeC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #127 on: December 16, 2009, 11:10:39 AM »
 :flirt: Question...Is it safe to have them go into NZ now after the swine flu scares???
This could R/O NZ at least...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #128 on: December 16, 2009, 11:40:43 AM »
Swine flu is everywhere...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #129 on: December 16, 2009, 05:55:24 PM »
:flirt: Question...Is it safe to have them go into NZ now after the swine flu scares???

The swine flu really isn't a big enough health hazard now (or ever was) to prevent them from going to NZ.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #130 on: December 16, 2009, 06:02:56 PM »

The swine flu really isn't a big enough health hazard now (or ever was) to prevent them from going to NZ.
They should make the teams get the vaccine, after all, it is much safer!

:cmas4

Offline DianeC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #131 on: December 16, 2009, 11:54:33 PM »
Maybe they did get the vaccine..Thx all for answering! :cmas16

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #132 on: December 17, 2009, 01:19:45 AM »
Thanks for answering my question! :cmas26

So after Singapore, there might be one leg before a return to USA. Could Australia be possible? I know we have direct flights from Sydney to LA, so maybe? What do you guys reckon? :cmas5

If you think it's likely, I'll keep my eyes wide open...
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #133 on: December 17, 2009, 01:28:06 AM »

So after Singapore, there might be one leg before a return to USA. Could Australia be possible? I know we have direct flights from Sydney to LA, so maybe? What do you guys reckon? :cmas5

TAR likes to do a double leg in the penultimate country nowadays.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #134 on: December 17, 2009, 01:29:10 AM »
Just one curious question....

We know that there is a 4-hour penalty for quitting a roadblock, and it applies immediately, is it the same for the detour as well? (which explains why the poker goddess were eliminated at the field and not on the mat if the answer is yes)

PS: Singapore is way to small for a double leg.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #135 on: December 17, 2009, 08:06:03 AM »

racer, yes Australia is a definite possiblity, but it does not have to be Sydney. I think Perth, Darwin, Cairns and Brisbane have a better chance and Adelaide, Melbourne and Hobart are unlikely.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #136 on: December 17, 2009, 08:37:55 AM »
I've got eyes in Melbourne airport today and tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #137 on: December 17, 2009, 09:16:48 AM »

We know that there is a 4-hour penalty for quitting a roadblock, and it applies immediately, is it the same for the detour as well? (which explains why the poker goddess were eliminated at the field and not on the mat if the answer is yes)

It's only happened twice, the detour penalty thing, but I think the situation depends on the task on hand.  Like in TAR6, the teams had to bail due to final transportation leaving at the top of the hour.  Hayden/Aaron took a gamble and left, hoping that Adam/Rebecca would be unsuccessful.  With that, H/A would narrowly beat A/R, the 4-hr penalties would offset, and by default, H/A would have been in the F3.  Instead, A/R were successful & caught the final ride to the pitstop.  H/A were assessed the 4 hr penalty and then were eliminated immediately, right after Phil informed them of the penalty, and even before he checked in A/R.

I guess due to transportation or the lack of it, it's now the norm to wait until the next team arrives, and then start the penalty at the site.  That way, if a team was like 8 hours behind, a 4-hr penalty at the pitstop would be irrelevant.  Rob needed a plan in his TAR7 season, by making two other teams quit (which helped them too, since two other teams were behind Ray/Deana & Meredith/Gretchen).

With Maria & Tiffany, it didn't really matter, as everyone else checked in, and Phil would arrive to hear their inability to continue.
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #138 on: December 17, 2009, 09:35:46 AM »

It's only happened twice, the detour penalty thing, but I think the situation depends on the task on hand.  Like in TAR6, the teams had to bail due to final transportation leaving at the top of the hour.  Hayden/Aaron took a gamble and left, hoping that Adam/Rebecca would be unsuccessful.  With that, H/A would narrowly beat A/R, the 4-hr penalties would offset, and by default, H/A would have been in the F3.  Instead, A/R were successful & caught the final ride to the pitstop.  H/A were assessed the 4 hr penalty and then were eliminated immediately, right after Phil informed them of the penalty, and even before he checked in A/R.

I guess due to transportation or the lack of it, it's now the norm to wait until the next team arrives, and then start the penalty at the site.  That way, if a team was like 8 hours behind, a 4-hr penalty at the pitstop would be irrelevant.  Rob needed a plan in his TAR7 season, by making two other teams quit (which helped them too, since two other teams were behind Ray/Deana & Meredith/Gretchen).

With Maria & Tiffany, it didn't really matter, as everyone else checked in, and Phil would arrive to hear their inability to continue.

revengefullycreative,
Your AR6 story sounds good, but the Mt. Hua Lock task was a ROADBLOCK and not a DETOUR. That is why the females were selected to do it.

The rule on DETOURS is a 24 hour penalty for non-completion. Since teams can switch DETOURS, what does non-completion mean? It means inability to finish a normal DETOUR or, if a U-turn is applied, inability to finish both DETOURS.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #139 on: December 17, 2009, 09:42:00 AM »

IMO, IF Australia was used it would far more likely have come BEFORE Singapore, not after.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #140 on: December 17, 2009, 09:51:38 AM »

IMO, IF Australia was used it would far more likely have come BEFORE Singapore, not after.

Shh! Don't say such things!

*Clings on to hope*

Offline Evan_Weinstein

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Amazing Racer
    • EVANMINAL-MINDS
« Reply #141 on: December 17, 2009, 10:03:49 AM »
if given Singapore(Leg 9) is the second last leg of the race and after that heading back to the states(Leg 10), could it be another surprise twist this season, 12 teams, 10 legs, 9 straight eliminations
Singaporean here - PM me, if you need me to translate, Chinese, Malay, English, German or Japanese

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #142 on: December 17, 2009, 10:52:41 AM »
If you want to speculate, please go to speculation, Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ltvols

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #143 on: December 17, 2009, 12:13:54 PM »
question.....could the decoy teams have been sent to sentosa with the other teams racing elsewhere in singapore (marina, flyer, raffles, bugis?)  Or, do the decoy teams "race" the same route?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #144 on: December 17, 2009, 02:27:11 PM »
Decoys can go anywhere production thinks they are needed. They have run with the racers, some from TAR 13 had to run after the finale was already filmed in Portland, and they have even run in different "faux" finale cities. Anything is possible..
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #145 on: December 17, 2009, 05:09:45 PM »
I'll still keep my eyes open. They might have a connection through here. :cmas5

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #146 on: December 17, 2009, 06:09:35 PM »
Where's here? And I posted an airport thread for just this. :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #147 on: December 17, 2009, 07:06:04 PM »
Where's here? And I posted an airport thread for just this. :lol:
Sydney, Australia. Hope I see something... :cmas13

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #148 on: December 17, 2009, 07:48:40 PM »
I just hope y'all didn't MISS anything. :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #149 on: December 17, 2009, 08:54:28 PM »
I just hope y'all didn't MISS anything. :lol:
That's WAAAAY more likely! :cmaslol :groan: