Author Topic: Survivor's Shii Devil Speaks!  (Read 5888 times)

Offline Stevethecomputergeek

• RFF Full Member
Survivor's Shii Devil Speaks!
« on: May 13, 2004, 12:45:45 AM »
I found this searching for pictures, I do not remember seeing it before so I thought i would post it.

Survivor's Shii Devil Speaks!
by Angel Cohn

Shii Ann

Shii Ann Huang lived up to her "Shii Devil" rep on last Thursday's Survivor: All-Stars when she tore into her knucklehead tribemates for annihilating what was left of the Mogo Mogos instead of targeting the game's biggest threats (i.e. Amber, Rob, Rupert... ). In the end, the 30-year-old Big Appler still got her torch snuffed, but at least she went down fighting. Here, Shii Ann dishes about her climactic Tribal Council tirade, her real feelings about Boston Rob and why swimming challenges are the death of her.

TV Guide Online: I loved your speech during tribal council.
Shii Ann Huang: Thanks! I am really happy with the way it turned out. It was everything that I felt that I'd been holding in for a couple of days. It was really exciting to just let loose.

TVGO: Do you think it will help?
Shii Ann: I don't know that it was meant to be helpful. I just kind of wanted people to stop being so content with coming in third, fourth or fifth.

TVGO: It seems like the remaining contestants are just giving the million dollars to Boston Rob or Amber.
Shii Ann: Basically. It is pretty funny because towards the end everyone was just trying to win immunity. It wasn't strategic anymore. It was just, 'Let's win immunity to see how far we can get.' Not everyone, but most people. I've got to give Rob some props for being a strategic thinker at least.

TVGO: You also attempted to strategize, even if they didn't listen.
Shii Ann: I was definitely trying with the strategy. I was not going to go down without a fight. I was trying to win with logic, which unfortunately didn't work.

TVGO: Do you regret not voting Amber out when you had the chance?
Shii Ann: At the time, [keeping her] seemed like the right thing to do. But hindsight is always 20/20 and it would have been better if we had kept Jerri, knowing that there was a merge.

TVGO: What was the most difficult challenge for you?
Shii Ann: The swimming challenges. I live in New York City and I don't like to swim. I don't really have access to swimming pools.

TVGO: Was your mom surprised that she had to eat bugs and other disgusting things?
Shii Ann: My mom was such a trouper for eating all of the bugs. I'm really proud of her for even attempting to do that.

TVGO: Your tribemates all seemed annoyed that you celebrated your immunity, but Big Tom did a whole song and dance when he won and nobody said a word.
Shii Ann: I feel like it was just sour grapes. I definitely had to cheer myself on and I don't regret for one minute that I gloated when I won.

TVGO: Can we expect another big speech during the finale?
Shii Ann: I think I've said my peace.

TVGO: While watching the show, were you surprised by some of the comments your teammates made about you?
Shii Ann: Not really.

TVGO: They said some vicious things.
Shii Ann: Yeah, but you know what? I said some vicious things about other people, too. I can't speak for other people, but emotions are high out there and you say a lot of things in those private confessionals because you spend so much time just holding it all in. I don't really hold it against people. I'm not shocked at all.

TVGO: During one of the recent reward challenges, your teammates said that you and Alicia were the two people least deserving of being called All-Stars? Did that upset you?
Shii Ann: Not at all. I thought it was hilarious. I expected everyone to vote for me because I was the odd man out. What was shocking was that they all voted for Alicia. That is just hilarious. That is just really sad when your own tribe says that about you. On a side note, I actually voted for Jenna L., but if I had switched my vote to Alicia, the honor would have been all hers.

TVGO: You seem to embrace the Shii-Devil nickname. Where did it originally come from?
Shii Ann: That name was given to me by a friend a long time ago. I don't know that I would say I embrace it, but it's funny. It cracks me up.

TVGO: What is next for you?
Shii Ann: I'm working on a book based on my experiences for young professional women. It is actually going to be a lifestyle guide. I'm looking to get back into media, which is where I started off my career.

TVGO: Would you ever do another Survivor?
Shii Ann: If Survivor ever came to New York City, I'd be right there — surviving the subways.

surviordude_JT

Re: Survivor's Shii Devil Speaks!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2004, 11:42:43 AM »
Great Article.......although I dont care for Shii ann

CindiLou

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2004, 05:29:34 PM »
I didn't care for Shiiann that much but my respect for her grew during the last few episodes. When she won that IC, I was on my feet shouting! She deserved it!

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2004, 12:59:10 AM »
Thanks for posting Steve.  it was an interesting article.  I was one of her fans and I was also glad when she won the immunity.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2004, 09:39:52 AM »
Hey Fizzy!! Gald to see you around still.  How have you been.

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2004, 07:00:49 PM »
Hi Texan, I have just been real busy with the family.  It seems I spend more time driving both kids to their events and sitting and watching them.  I get back home and there is no time for me to play on the computer.  The good thing is all their events are winding down this month so I should have no excuse being here every night.  Baseball is almost over for my son (although he has a practice tonight--so while he is at practice, I will take my daughter bike riding as she just got a new 5 speed bike).  They have two more skating lessons to go until the fall.  Swim lessons are ongoing.  Gymnastics and ballet is almost over for my daughter.  At least all my favourite tv shows are on repeats now.  How have you been?

Offline Blue Jean Baby

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2004, 06:00:00 PM »
i have never really likes ShiiAnn much.  Like Cindi said she did earn some respect during her last few shows, but i am still not a ShiiAnn fan. 

RupertRocks33

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2004, 08:55:41 PM »
Ya i dont really like Shii either but she tryed to help Rupert and Tom and if u do that i have to respect no matter wat. ;D

Offline Blue Jean Baby

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2004, 09:44:23 PM »
i think mostly ShiiAnn was trying to help herself, but she did have some good points...

Offline WENDY

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • One day..... I Will Outlast, Outwit & Outplay
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2004, 07:07:24 PM »
Shii Ann was just very open and loud when it came to voicing her opinion... I am the same way sometimes... but she did get a little irritating.. she was kind of immature.....
Wendy Jean

SURVIVOR 11- HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!

Offline WENDY

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2004, 07:59:41 PM »
i think mostly ShiiAnn was trying to help herself, but she did have some good points...
B:) B:) B:) B:) B:)
I think Shii Ann did try to help Rupert and Tom, and she did nothing to "help herself" Blue Jean Baby.... The only thing she did was win immunity at the right time.... Her mouth didn;t help anything.
Wendy Jean

Offline WENDY

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2004, 12:06:11 AM »
I believe that is all she did was help herself to act stupid...  ;)
Wendy Jean