Author Topic: The Amazing Race 16 Destinations/Locations  (Read 258226 times)

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: The Amazing Race 16 Destinations/Locations
« Reply #450 on: January 03, 2010, 11:36:00 PM »
Hey. So this confirms that Steve and Allie were not decoys at this point so does that mean Carol and Brandy go out 6th?

Beside the "blonde guy" sighting that may be Steve or Carol, Carol and Brandy where spotted in Singapore selling ice-cream. why do you automatically assume that only of them reach Singapore?
Who told you that the cowboys and miss South Carolina are not decoys in San Francisco? they were not spotted in any of the Asian legs.

The Cowboys were spotted multiple times in Singapore , the San Fran Twitter wrote that his girlfriend said the couple in red at Coit Tower was indeed Caitlin and Brent so at this point who knows? Read below, could be Caitlin and Brent where wearing blue so we still have a red team couple sighting in Sentosa...not sure which team that might be?
We also have 2 girls spotted at the Singapore Flyer. I wouldn't assume anything.

In fact, n the tube behind us, we could see two young girls were being filmed doing just that. Since we envisioned that the dinner would be an occassion for romance and dinner, and the girls were rather shoddily-dressed, we were trying to come up with scenarios for what was going on. Was it a reality TV show? It turns out we were close -- a Hong Kong Travel show was filming its Singapore adventure

Well, the first team I saw were two big guys wearing blue and the second team were a couple. The male is blonde-haired and the female is a brunette.

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,21193.msg503496.html#msg503496

I did not realise that they were filming the amazing race until the 2nd sighting, therfore no pictures were taken.

I was at the singapore flyer at about 11am, 16 dec 2009, when i saw the 1st group, male/female team(young couple, long hair girl dressed in blue).
As the flyer was closed for shooting until 12.30pm, my family and i proceeded to sentosa's underwater world, where we spotted the 2nd group, male/male group (middle aged man, dressed in blue too.) wondering around Rasa Sentosa Hotel car park at abt 1pm, same day.

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,21193.msg503507.html#msg503507

and then again Carol and Brandy were identified in grey selling ice cream

well, according to her, there were 2 females, should be wearing grey though she wasn't really sure now. They were selling ice cream and it was about 11+ am. =)

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,21193.650.html

and we have Natalies sighting at the megazip and its all for you to decide who the Indians might be  :lol:
23 Dec 09, 07:35
Natalie: okay i think.. there's this two guys with cowboy hats? n a couple team?(indians?) didnt hang around there very long... sorry!
Ugh, my head's hurting trying to process all this!  From all we're reading here, we know Dan & Jordan and Mike & Louie had to have gone out before the F3, and Brent & Caitlin and Jet & Cord are two of the teams in the F3, but my mind's wracked trying to figure out who between Steve & Allie and Carol & Brandy is the last team in the F3.  One minute, I'm disappointed that the search for an all-female winning team ended at F6 again.  And the next, I'm getting hope that it didn't end there at all.  I'm so confused.  Which is it, I wonder?!

. . . Honestly, if I knew which came first between Singapore and Malaysia, we'd have better idea of who did go out in sixth, because I think Singapore might be the F6 leg.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 11:41:36 PM by Paron »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #451 on: January 03, 2010, 11:43:30 PM »
If I were TPTB I for sure would have decoy teams out in full force in Singapore, as you can see it is the most spoiled :P

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #452 on: January 04, 2010, 12:04:06 AM »
Video thanks to Kevin and Zhou from www.nohurrycurry.wordpress.com!!

(Video quality may improve once processing is complete.)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #453 on: January 04, 2010, 03:25:29 AM »
Well either Carol and Brandy (Final F/F) are eliminated in F6 before Singapore spoiler and the man or woman with gray white hair is Steve (dad) or Steve and Allie are decoys and are out at F6

Hey. So this confirms that Steve and Allie were not decoys at this point so does that mean Carol and Brandy go out 6th?

Ugh, my head's hurting trying to process all this!  From all we're reading here, we know Dan & Jordan and Mike & Louie had to have gone out before the F3, and Brent & Caitlin and Jet & Cord are two of the teams in the F3, but my mind's wracked trying to figure out who between Steve & Allie and Carol & Brandy is the last team in the F3.  One minute, I'm disappointed that the search for an all-female winning team ended at F6 again.  And the next, I'm getting hope that it didn't end there at all.  I'm so confused.  Which is it, I wonder?!

Here is my take on all this....everyone needs to stand back and take a deep breath. :lol: None of this spec can be assumed to be true yet.

We have NO proof of who is absolutely our final three at this point. It is still way too early to assume that based on just the sightings we have so far....

From woden's Timeline, we can prob add a little more now.

Probable Top 6
Dan & Jordan (Spotted en route to Penang) >>possibly in the Penang Video as well.

Steve & Allie (Spotted in Penang)  >>could this be our red team and perhaps "Indian" couple as well in Singapore??

Mike & Louie (Spotted in Singapore)  >>running decoy by San Fran, perhaps even sooner

Carol & Brandy (Spotted in Singapore)

Brent & Caitlin (Possibly spotted in San Francisco)

Jet & Cord (Possibly spotted twice in San Francisco)

There will be at least two decoy teams, a third is possible. IMO, based on the info we have so far, NO ONE in this group can be completely ruled out yet for final three, except for oh so sadly, Mike and Louie.

As puddin says, TPTB would know very well that Singapore would be a highly spoiled site...I would think they would be working their decoys hard at that point. And given that there will be a probable NEL in the last few legs, it makes it hard to tell who is decoys and who isn't. At some point towards the end, we have to remember that a "sighting" doesn't rule out the possibility of being a decoy, UNLESS you are seen directly in the company of other teams (decoys generally have no direct contact with the active racers).

So we need to get more info before assuming too much too soon.

And while the sightings of the Cowboys and Brent/Caitlin look good, we can't be 100% sure they couldn't be decoys...

So I'll be brave and say......three of the above teams are final three. :lol:
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 03:36:02 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #454 on: January 04, 2010, 03:54:58 AM »
That's an interesting video. It's too bad he panned away to the temple (although that verified the location), that entering cars screened the activity a bit and that he didn't get closer sooner. I'm not criticizing. I wouldn't have done that well. I'd have been too shocked to get my camera going except maybe to see tail lights retreating into the distance.  :lol: Kevin (the guy speaking on the video) suggests that they may be lost and at the wrong location. It certainly had that feel to it. They weren't running like "OK, we've got the next clue, Let's Go!", it was more like "Huh! This isn't it! What now?" I don't think they were being decoys. It would be pretty good acting to show confusion like that. In the other thread with the screen captures, I suggested that Steve and Allie may be working with Jordan and Dan and that looks right to me. Jordan seems to be leaning into the cab to discuss with Steve where they will go next. Kevin's commentary sounded like he may have seen other teams before these two. If so, that would make Steve/Allie and Jordan/Dan both behind and lost. That's not a good place to be, so if this was an elimination leg, the eliminated team may have been one of those two.

Plaidmoon

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #455 on: January 04, 2010, 04:06:22 AM »
Welcome to the TAR Detectives Plaidmoon  :tup:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #456 on: January 04, 2010, 04:23:29 AM »
Congrats Plaidmoon!! :hearts:

Kevin thinks the teams he saw were Dan and Jordan, Steve and Allie, and Mike and Louie who were first (of the teams he saw). Assuming there were others who went to the right Temple, it is not too much of a stretch to think that one of these teams might be at risk.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #457 on: January 04, 2010, 08:38:49 AM »
Welcome to the TAR Detectives Plaidmoon  :tup:

Wow!

I'm stunned and honored. I didn't expect anything like this. I'm just having some fun trying to help out by doing a little research and making a few observations.

Thanks!   :jumpy: :wohoo:  :jumpy:  :wohoo:   :jumpy:  :wohoo:

I promise to ignore wikipedia spoilers in the future and to never divulge the secret handshake under penalty of a quadruple speedbump.  :lol:

Plaidmoon

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #458 on: January 04, 2010, 04:31:28 PM »
I like the way you think Plaidmoon, outside the box  :tup:

Just following up and came across this but am having a hard time finding the whole sighting, maybe someone will have better luck  :lol:

valpo | Tumblr
The Amazing race was being filmed whie wer were in town, and Elise had the pleasure of seeing many moronic Americans carrying paint tins up the hills. We ...
www.tumblr.com/tagged/Valpo

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #459 on: January 04, 2010, 04:49:35 PM »
In full:

Funky like James Brown, Valparaiso, Chile, 28-31 November 2009
Valpo is a UNESCO heritage listed city built on a number steep hills overlooking the Pacific, an hour or so from Santiago. We met James and Dave here again, though they were lured to another hostel by the promise of a free breakfast.

Valpo was unlike any other city I`ve been to. The terrain would definitely be in the too-hard basket for most rational settlers but luckily the Chileans were unperturbed, and decided to built houses (out of second hand bricks and tin) that barely cling to the hillsides. To disguise their likely imminent collapse due to missing cement and foundations, not to mention many laws of physics, most were painted in brilliant colours, creating an amazing visual effect (which no doubt these words are failing to do). Like everyone, the residents of Valpo hate walking up hills, particularly steep ones. To overcome this, external “elevators / funiculares” were built about 100 years ago and are still functioning today, mainly for the purposes of scaring the **** out of tourists. All four of us survived many trips, but were happy to use the stairs for any downhill journeys.

Three interesting things happened during our time there

1. We went for a drink and were approached by a night club promoter who told us about an event his brother, one of Chile`s pre-eminent jazz saxophonists, was playing. He warned us that it was likely “to get funky, like James Brown”. Surely something was lost in translation.

2. The Amazing race was being filmed whie wer were in town, and Elise had the pleasure of seeing many moronic Americans carrying paint tins up the hills. We were chased away every time we went for our cameras, so you`ll have to watch all of season 27 to check the truthfulness of this.

3. Garfield. The gringo route is well known and well travelled, so it`s not unusal to run into the same people along the way. However, Garfield, an Englishmen of unknown age (I said 30, everyone else said 40) was at the same restaurant as us in Mendoza, took the same bus to Santiago (20 leave a day) and stayed at the same hostel in Valpo. Wearing the same clothes every time. I`ve been looking over my shoulder ever since.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #460 on: January 04, 2010, 05:19:39 PM »
Any photos?  :lol: Thanks peach, my brain is still in the "dead of winter" , I'm not kidding brrrrrrrrrrrrr

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #461 on: January 04, 2010, 05:23:45 PM »
No pics. :(

We need a brrrrrrrrrrrrr smiley, lol.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #462 on: January 04, 2010, 07:15:25 PM »
dug this out of the tweets:

Saw this posted on Facebook:

Nathan Antoun assisted the blue team of the Amazing Race in Penang on Monday.

It was posted on Wed at 7:20am

Would that fit the timeline?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #463 on: January 04, 2010, 07:55:38 PM »
The problem with that is that Dec 13 was the Monday. We have teams spotted flying KL>>Penang on 12/14, and doing tasks 12/14.

So why the Monday?

Nathan Antoun assisted the blue team of the Amazing Race in Penang on Monday.  posted December 16, 2009 at 8:20am

And we have lots of "blue teams" too....could be the Frat boys, the Miss SC team, Allie, Mike and Louie.

My guess would be that he mixed up his days....or some teams arrived the night before (seems doubtful) or remotely possible he helped a decoy the day before the real leg?? ???

He didn't reply to my first inquiry  :(, but I'll try again.

edited because I can't read a calendar  :colors :groan: :colors
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 10:46:46 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #464 on: January 04, 2010, 09:53:38 PM »
Kuan Yin See Temple

Kuan Yin Teng, or Temple of the Goddess of Mercy, is one of the most important temples in Penang. It is located along Jalan Masjid Kapitan Keling, formerly Pitt Street, and is one of the oldest Chinese temples in George Town. This temple is on Lebuh Masjid Kapitan Keling, right in the heart of Georgetown. It was built in the 1800s by the first Chinese settlers in Penang. A photo is below and a map next.

The map can be expanded by clicking on the small double arrow, which I recommend you do. The blue line is from the nearest bus terminal to the temple.
Penang Kuan Yin See Temple

« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 07:44:00 PM by TexasLady »

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #465 on: January 05, 2010, 10:42:13 AM »
The problem with that is that Dec 13 was the Monday. We have teams spotted flying KL>>Penang on 12/14, and doing tasks 12/14.

So why the Monday?

Are you looking at a 2010 calendar? 12/14 was a Monday in 2009.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #466 on: January 05, 2010, 10:44:24 AM »
oh crapola. :groan:

Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:

DavidJunior

« Reply #467 on: January 05, 2010, 01:20:40 PM »
Does that confirm 2 legs in Penang?  If teams were seen running around both on the 14th and the 16th, it seems kinda long for just one leg

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #468 on: January 05, 2010, 01:27:02 PM »
The poster added his post on the 16th...the teams were there on the 14th.
RFF's Golden Rule:

DavidJunior

« Reply #469 on: January 05, 2010, 01:50:10 PM »
oh, i thought there were other spoilers that said they were there on the 16th  :duno:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #470 on: January 05, 2010, 02:50:04 PM »
We know Phil was leaving Penang at about 5 pm on December 14th:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,21193.msg502435.html#msg502435

So the racing probably finished there on that day.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #471 on: January 05, 2010, 03:55:56 PM »
If there was a 36 hour extended pit stop in Penang, then the release time from it could have been Dec. 16 in the early morning. Getting from Penang to Singapore by air could have been accomplished Wednesday morning by:

JQ 674/3K674     09:25    10:49    

AK 5801              09:40    10:59    

MI 351/SQ5351   10:25    11:28    

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #472 on: January 05, 2010, 04:14:09 PM »
At least one team is already selling ice cream in Singapore by 11AM though. Seems too tight a schedule. Of course, TPTB can make the PitStops any length they want these days. :res:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #473 on: January 05, 2010, 04:35:19 PM »
OK, Peach. I made the assumption that only the nonstop flights from Penang to Singapore need to be considered. Your point mandates that connecting flights through Kuala Lumpur also be considered. There are 4 basic flight combinations leaving Penang from 0640 to 0725 and arriving Singapore between 0930 and 1025:

MH1133 0640 0735 connecting to 3K684 0850 actual 0952 or MH9131 0855 actual 0945

GF6227/MH1137 0710 0805 connecting to 3K684 0850 0952 or MH9131 0855 0945

MH9881 0715 0815 connecting to either of the flights on the prior line

CX720 0725 0825 connecting to MI7415/MH611 0925 actual 1015
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 04:44:33 PM by apskip »

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #474 on: January 21, 2010, 12:25:31 AM »
In an article released by the Miami Herald (and posted in the discussion board by sunnyca  :wohoo:) that lists some of the teams, BVM mentions France and the Seychelles as locations on this season.

http://www.miamiherald.com/entertainment/AP/story/1437023.html

Cowboys, dectectives among 'Amazing Race' teams

By DERRIK J. LANG

AP Entertainment Writer

Jet and Cord McCoy, a pair of bull-riding brothers from Tupelo, Okla., are among the 11 teams competing on the upcoming 16th edition of CBS's "The Amazing Race." Other teams competing this season include a grandmother and granddaughter, a father and daughter, married high-school sweethearts, and a couple of attorney moms.

Jet, 30, and Cord, 29, who have both competed on the International Professional Rodeo Association circuit, said they were not daunted by their competition for the $1 million grand prize on the reality show premiering Feb. 14 (8 p.m. EST).

"We ride bucking bulls and horses," said Jet. "If we're gonna be intimidated, it's not by another team."

"I can ride a horse as fast as they can go," said Cord.

The biggest hurdle facing Louis Stravato, 47, and Michael Naylor, 45, at the beginning of the race was their backpacks. After seeing the behemoth bags carried by the Harlem Globtrotters last season, the longtime buddies and narcotics detectives from Providence, R.I., chose not to pack lightly. They ended up ditching clothes along the way.

"We are the two biggest idiots," said Stravato. "Before the race, we kept telling ourselves that the cameramen were going to have to check their stuff, so we would be able to check our giant 90-liter bags while we were racing around the world. When we got to the starting line and saw all these small bags on everybody else, we knew we were in big trouble."

A few of this season's contestants have previously been in the spotlight, including former "Big Brother" houseguests Jordan Lloyd, 22, and Jeff Schroeder, 31, as well as former Miss Teen South Carolina Caitlin Upton, 20, who is racing with her boyfriend, Brent Horne, 28. Upton said she wanted to redeem herself on the race after her infamous 2007 pageant flub involving a confused and mangled response to a geography question.

"People always picture me as the typical pageant girl, and I'm not at all," said Upton. "I've only been in five pageants. I'm actually a very athletic person. I'm just tired of being represented from that standpoint. I want to show people who I really am as a person, that I am capable of accomplishing anything and doing anything I put my mind to."

Lloyd and Schroeder, who began dating after Lloyd won the 11th season of "Big Brother" last summer, said fans of the claustrophobic reality show might be surprised to see how much the duo bickered on the 16th season of "The Amazing Race," which was filmed last November and December and spanned nearly 40,000 miles across five continents and eight countries.

"I wasn't prepared for how much we had to work together," admitted Schroeder.

"He wanted to ring my neck," added Lloyd, "and other times I wanted to kill him."

"Jordan, I was trying to say it in a nice way," said Schroeder.

For the first time, when the teams departed "The Amazing Race" starting line, they had to rely solely on public transportation - no rental cars, no taxis - to make their way from downtown Los Angeles to the airport, a world-class challenge in itself. Executive producer Bertram van Munster said the racers then headed to Valparaiso, Chile. Other stops included France and the Seychelles.

"We have never been to that place before," van Munster said of the lush island destination off the east coast of Africa. "We were looking into going to Africa, but I couldn't find any countries that would fit into the entire scheme of the race, and I wanted to go to an original place. It's very beautiful. It's very remote. It takes forever to get there."