Author Topic: The Amazing Race 16 Destinations/Locations  (Read 258871 times)

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
Re: The Amazing Race 16 Destinations/Locations
« Reply #350 on: December 20, 2009, 04:58:05 PM »
Sent to the Questions thread.

Offline Racefan82

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #351 on: December 20, 2009, 11:39:55 PM »
Pretty sure my point just got proved since sightings were on the 20th not the 19th as Chateau claimed.  All Im saying is that the upper clique of RFF should be held to the same standards as the rest of us.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #352 on: December 20, 2009, 11:46:04 PM »
Pretty sure my point just got proved since sightings were on the 20th not the 19th as Chateau claimed.  All Im saying is that the upper clique of RFF should be held to the same standards as the rest of us.
When did we ever knock you? You brought us a pretty awesome spoiler Racefan82, refresh my memory please?
I don't recall Chateau ever sighting a team, he sighted crews filming at SFO on the 19th, we were told the race was ending on the 19th. What can you do? Maybe start a private forum and leave ya'll out of the sightings until we get confirmation?

Offline kittygoesmeow

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #353 on: December 21, 2009, 12:10:50 AM »
When did we ever knock you? You brought us a pretty awesome spoiler Racefan82, refresh my memory please?
I don't recall Chateau ever sighting a team, he sighted crews filming at SFO on the 19th, we were told the race was ending on the 19th. What can you do? Maybe start a private forum and leave ya'll out of the sightings until we get confirmation?

Bring some cookies for him too :)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #354 on: December 21, 2009, 12:12:36 AM »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #355 on: December 21, 2009, 12:38:55 AM »
Why would you assume that the producers let the "cat out of the bag" as to where end city was simply because the B/B team was at the airport? They had to get there somehow.  Second of all, I find it hilarious that just because Chateau said something was true, you automatically take his word for it, yet other people you chastise and belittle until they have a photo to confirm.  Chateau has no photos to confirm teams came in on the flight he thinks he did. 

I am assuming these comments are addressed to me??

Delighted to answer.

1)
Why would you assume that the producers let the "cat out of the bag" as to where end city was simply because the B/B team was at the airport? They had to get there somehow.

My perception on this is:
Production cast a VERY high profile team on the race this season...a team with a huge number of fans. I think that they underestimated the interest and the dedication of those fans to finding out every single bit of news they could.
They "let the cat out of the bag" because they didn't take enough precautions.
JJ in Mexico? This wasn't in a small Cambodian or Thai village...this was in a reasonbly busy tourist area. JJ should never have been allowed to be placed in the position of being photographed. (But hey! I LOVED the spoiler...but still.)

And much better precautions should have been taken at the airport if they wanted to avoid the fans' sharp eyes. There were multiple other options to getting them to SF that would have avoided commercial airlines. When you are dealing with "ordinary contestants" it doesn't matter, but it did in this case with JJ.

2)
Second of all, I find it hilarious that just because Chateau said something was true, you automatically take his word for it,
Chateau has more than paid his dues here and makes enormous contributions to this forum every single day. In addition he has a brilliant analytical mind, so yes! When he says something, we pay attention. He has a proven track record.

3)
yet other people you chastise and belittle until they have a photo to confirm.
Chastise and belittle? Really?  :cmaslol
What you don't seem to understand is the enormous amount of energy that goes into every post we make here. Photographic proof from strangers who bring us info is ALWAYS very much appreciated, because it is firm data that can be analyzed. But we welcome all spoilers...but all data is closely analyzed by the team.

4)
Chateau has no photos to confirm teams came in on the flight he thinks he did.
Nope, no photos. But you see, YOU have no idea of what info was being discussed.

Yes, we misread some cues and were off by a day. But we have the correct origination city, the correct flight, the correct Finale City, and now the possible MAT. And due to the sensitive nature of the Finale, most of that info was deliberately NOT posted publicly because we care about the show, sometimes even sacrificing spoiler info to protect the teams. And never did Chateau claim to have seen teams, as puddin states.

5)
All Im saying is that the upper clique of RFF should be held to the same standards as the rest of us.
Can you show me anything demanding you adhere to any standards here? On the contrary, I think it is the RFF team who hold themselves to very high standards, we strive for accuracy and reliability every day.

This is my 8th online season with the race. I used to be very innocent, and pretty much believed that all posters were here because they loved the show as much as I do, and wanted to help in the fun of discovering the locations and all the details that make TAR such an amazing show. But in the last few seasons we have seen incredibly detailed attempts at misleading us surface...including false sites, blogs, tweets, websites, and photos, some of which were carefully planned months in advance and placed here by new posters with their own agenda.

So my question to you is,  after bringing us a wonderful spoiler of the decoy teams in Vegas yourself...  out of your 8 posts:

WHY are 3 of those posts trying your best to convince us that the teams were NOT decoys?

WHY is 1 of those posts an attempt to discredit VegasSinner?

And now, 2 more of those posts attempts at discrediting Chateau, me, and the RFF team?

Really, it kind of makes me think you expected us to believe that your photo showed the TAR 15 final three. But when we showed instead that these photos clearly showed decoys, you have turned instead to trying to discredit our sources, our info, our Detectives, and our site.

Really wondering just what YOUR agenda is here?

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #356 on: December 21, 2009, 12:58:48 AM »
this was in a reasonbly busy tourist area
I agree they probably should have stayed with Acapulco (see the PV cruise ship schedule here). Maybe the arrangements were made before final casting?
Production cast a VERY high profile team on the race this season
I wonder who had the final decision. BVM has been public about his dislike of retreads and reruns. Even Spillman doesn't like them: read the interview here. Maybe it was a network decision.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #357 on: December 21, 2009, 01:07:08 AM »
Don't get me wrong, JJ were adorable on BB, I just don't like retreads either. But their casting will be dynamite for TAR ratings, Olympics or not.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline wonderfalls1

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #358 on: December 21, 2009, 02:23:12 AM »
Hey.

Dunno if this is news or not to all of you, but the TAR 16 teams were on the 0915 hrs Malaysian Airlines flight MH1138 from Kuala Lumpur to Penang on Monday, Dec 14. One team, two males, university students probably were seated on the seats just in front of me and were wearing mics with a bunch of shooting crews.

They were probably on transit in Kuala Lumpur the morning of the Dec 14 enroute to Penang, as there aren't that many international flights flying into Penang.

Thank you, waterfalls1! That information fits perfectly with other info we had. It makes me wonder if there was a leg in Kualu Lumpur before this or if it was just used for a connection.

You are welcome!

I suspect KL is just used as a transit point. Should have used my camera phone to snap a few pictures of the contestants or made some small talk with them. Could have been on an adventure of my own!  :cmaslol

Do anybody have any information on what they were doing in Penang? What did the racers got themselves into?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #359 on: December 21, 2009, 02:27:12 AM »
We have some pictures here wonderfalls1, maybe you can spot who you saw?

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,21187.0.html

new info on a Phil sighting coming Dubai to KL on 12/12 posted here:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,21193.msg504907.html#msg504907

If teams were sighted leaving KL on the 14th, that does give them time to do a leg.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 02:38:02 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline LittleBoy

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #360 on: December 21, 2009, 04:11:05 AM »
Why would you assume that the producers let the "cat out of the bag" as to where end city was simply because the B/B team was at the airport? They had to get there somehow.  Second of all, I find it hilarious that just because Chateau said something was true, you automatically take his word for it, yet other people you chastise and belittle until they have a photo to confirm.  Chateau has no photos to confirm teams came in on the flight he thinks he did. 

Delighted to answer.

1)
Why would you assume that the producers let the "cat out of the bag" as to where end city was simply because the B/B team was at the airport? They had to get there somehow.

Production cast a VERY high profile team on the race this season...a team with a huge number of fans. I think that they underestimated the interest and the dedication of those fans to finding out every single bit of news they could.
JJ in Mexico? This wasn't in a small Cambodian or Thai village...this was in a reasonbly busy tourist area. JJ should never have been allowed to be placed in the position of being photographed. (But hey! I LOVED the spoiler...but still.)

And much better precautions should have been taken at the airport if they wanted to avoid the fans' sharp eyes. There were multiple other options to getting them to SF that would have avoided commercial airlines. When you are dealing with "ordinary contestants" it doesn't matter, but it did in this case with JJ.

2)
Second of all, I find it hilarious that just because Chateau said something was true, you automatically take his word for it,
Chateau has more than paid his dues here and makes enormous contributions to this forum every single day. In addition he has a brilliant analytical mind, so yes! When he says something, we pay attention. He has a proven track record.

3)
What you don't seem to understand is the enormous amount of energy that goes into every post we make here. Photographic proof from strangers who bring us info is ALWAYS very much appreciated, because it is firm data that can be analyzed. But we welcome all spoilers...but all data is closely analyzed by the team.

4)
Nope, no photos. But you see, YOU have no idea of what info was being discussed.

Yes, we misread some cues and were off by a day. But we have the correct origination city, the correct flight, the correct Finale City, and now the possible MAT. And due to the sensitive nature of the Finale, most of that info was deliberately NOT posted publicly because we care about the show, sometimes even sacrificing spoiler info to protect the teams. And never did Chateau claim to have seen teams, as puddin states.

5)
All Im saying is that the upper clique of RFF should be held to the same standards as the rest of us.
Can you show me anything demanding you adhere to any standards here? On the contrary, I think it is the RFF team who hold themselves to very high standards, we strive for accuracy and reliability every day.

This is my 8th online season with the race. I used to be very innocent, and pretty much believed that all posters were here because they loved the show as much as I do, and wanted to help in the fun of discovering the locations and all the details that make TAR such an amazing show. But in the last few seasons we have seen incredibly detailed attempts at misleading us surface...including false sites, blogs, tweets, websites, and photos, some of which were carefully planned months in advance and placed here by new posters with their own agenda.

So my question to you is,  after bringing us a wonderful spoiler of the decoy teams in Vegas yourself...  out of your 8 posts:

WHY are 3 of those posts trying your best to convince us that the teams were NOT decoys?

And now, 2 more of those posts attempts at discrediting Chateau, me, and the RFF team?

Really, it kind of makes me think you expected us to believe that your photo showed the TAR 15 final three. But when we showed instead that these photos clearly showed decoys, you have turned instead to trying to discredit our sources, our info, our Detectives, and our site.

Nice one Peach

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #361 on: December 21, 2009, 07:11:04 AM »
This is my 4th RFF Amazing Race. I can't applaud Puddin and Peach to much. They are great coordinators of a lot of info. Because of their discreetion, they get a lot of "inside" info. The finale in SF is about the only time I think this inside info was wrong. I doubt that Pudding and Peach got it wrong. I suspect the inside source messed up with the time frame with the crossing the international dateline. Maybe or maybe not. I will still trust them to lead the rest of us in the right direction in the future. Their only agenda is to make it fun to figure out what is going on.
Matthew 7:15

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #362 on: December 21, 2009, 07:13:06 AM »
Don't get me wrong, JJ were adorable on BB, I just don't like retreads either. But their casting will be dynamite for TAR ratings, Olympics or not.
Temporarily only. Their casting will be  dynamite for TAR ratings while they remain active in the race. Then TAR ratings should plummet back to normal levels and the onslaught will be for the Elimination Station videos.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #363 on: December 21, 2009, 07:21:12 AM »
This is my 4th RFF Amazing Race. I can't applaud Puddin and Peach to much. They are great coordinators of a lot of info. Because of their discretion, they get a lot of "inside" info. The finale in SF is about the only time I think this inside info was wrong. I doubt that Pudding and Peach got it wrong. I suspect the inside source messed up with the time frame with the crossing the international dateline. Maybe or maybe not. I will still trust them to lead the rest of us in the right direction in the future. Their only agenda is to make it fun to figure out what is going on.

Dr. Rox is correct from the viewpoint of the international date line. However, if an observer saw a team leaving Shanghai nonstop on a flight Dec. 19 and ignored the west to east international date line effect, they would expect it to arrive SF on Dec. 20, not the 19th. The actual situation was different, that someone must have assumed that teams were leaving Dec. 19 in order to arrive on Dec. 19 instead of the Dec. 20 departure, Dec. 20 arrival scenario.

Offline kittygoesmeow

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #364 on: December 21, 2009, 10:24:34 AM »

Delighted to answer.

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

Slow clap... :hoot:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #365 on: December 21, 2009, 12:35:25 PM »
Sorry to say and sad to report, I should have known better, instead I stopped my sleuth short.   :cmas4

Thanks Peach & Puddin.  We still have lots of work to do.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline ottopilot

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #366 on: December 21, 2009, 01:52:47 PM »

Awww...I thought you guys already did that?  I vote no on starting it :cmas22 I appreciate all the hard work everyone puts in here. Keep it up  :kisses

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #367 on: December 21, 2009, 02:48:34 PM »
It's pretty obvious that Racefan82 is a plant >> CONFUCIUS SAY: "Man who goes to bed with itchy ass wakes up with stinky fingers".

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #368 on: December 21, 2009, 03:38:45 PM »
It's pretty obvious that Racefan82 is a plant >> CONFUCIUS SAY: "Man who goes to bed with itchy ass wakes up with stinky fingers".

Well Puddin, I wasn't gonna say that, but it is rather obvious.
Matthew 7:15

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #369 on: December 21, 2009, 03:52:16 PM »
Oh don't scare him away!  That shot of Harlem carrying checked baggage was spoiler gold.   :cmaslol

That shot drew a tidy circle around the final three.   :cmas16

We can always use information like that.

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #370 on: December 21, 2009, 04:00:25 PM »
Here is some information on luxury villas that might have been the site for AR16 Elimination Station in the Puerto Vallarta area:

P.V. 6BR+ Villas List

P.V. 5BR villas List

For either list, the direct approach to the agents or owners for information is not likely to succeed because for the right one they will ahve signed confidentiality agreements with WRP or CBS.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #371 on: December 21, 2009, 04:47:03 PM »
These are the shots that we are likely to see in the TAR16 finale as teams arrive at SFO:

1)  The passenger exit from Customs (Gate "A" is for the other wing of international arrivals)
2)  The sign for Taxis
3)  The view of the Taxi rank.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 08:55:35 PM by TexasLady »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #372 on: December 21, 2009, 04:50:35 PM »
This is a shot of people waiting to meet the arriving passengers as they come out of Customs from Gate "G"

Too bad I didn't get this shot at about 9:02.   :cmas4

« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 08:56:28 PM by TexasLady »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #373 on: December 21, 2009, 04:52:26 PM »
Production celebrates the arrival of the camera crews from Shanghai.

Either that or they are celebrating the unspoiled passage of the final teams from Gate "G".

Congrats to production for their hard work and excellent product.  We love you and hope the best for the coming Season!

« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 08:58:50 PM by TexasLady »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #374 on: December 21, 2009, 04:58:46 PM »
This is fun Chateau! Keep them coming please  :yess: