Author Topic: The Amazing Race 16 Destinations/Locations  (Read 258840 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: The Amazing Race 16 Destinations/Locations
« Reply #325 on: December 19, 2009, 10:54:30 PM »
Flight into San Fran this morning as well. I'll let Chateau post those details though .. if only you all knew what he does for us here  :cmas20  :cmas26

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #326 on: December 19, 2009, 11:17:37 PM »
Flight into San Fran this morning as well. I'll let Chateau post those details though .. if only you all knew what he does for us here  :cmas20  :cmas26

It would be nice if we could eventually see how you guys "detect" the racers.  :cmas16

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #327 on: December 19, 2009, 11:25:33 PM »
Well the details are kind of sad. 

Let's just say it started with a hunch that the remaining teams would be traveling on UA 858 leaving Shanghai on Saturday December 19th at 1:45 pm and arriving on the same day at 8:25 am in SFO.  I got a dirt cheap flight to SFO.  I waited for the show to begin.  And waited.  And waited.  Nothing except some background shots.  No teams  :cmas4

Little did I know, in the meantime of my trip, ES team arrival shots at SFO were posted.  And the Shanghai clue seeped its way to an open post.  I think that drove the deplaning underground or undercover.  Whatever they did, I missed it.    :groan:

And, yes they did use UA 858.   :cmas16
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #328 on: December 19, 2009, 11:39:49 PM »
Now you all know what I mean when I wrote you'll never know what Chateau does for us  :cmas17  :jam:

peach will fill you all in about the San Fran info when she has time, and we have Ryan83 to thank for that info found back on Dec 12th!!  :jam: :yess:

Can anybody say:  Flight UA 858 leaving PVG at 1:45 pm and arriving SFO at 8:25 am on December 19th

:cmaslol  :jam:

DavidJunior

« Reply #329 on: December 19, 2009, 11:58:05 PM »
Do we know where exactly the race ended?

Did it end somewhere in "The City"?

or do you think it ended in the South Bay?

Depending on where they were, I could possibly take some time out, and go asking around to see if people saw anything.  You know, see if we could piece together tasks and locations and all that jazz

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #330 on: December 20, 2009, 12:16:38 AM »
Thanks Puddin!

Final mat spot is unknown.  I suspect they did not not use the Botanical Gardens again after the local neighborhood association spoiled that for Season 11.  :cmaslol

I think they all wore invisibility cloaks!
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #331 on: December 20, 2009, 12:40:01 AM »
Thanks Puddin!

Final mat spot is unknown.  I suspect they did not not use the Botanical Gardens again after the local neighborhood association spoiled that for Season 11.  :cmaslol

:cmaslol

DavidJunior

« Reply #332 on: December 20, 2009, 12:47:24 AM »
Thanks Puddin!

wait a minute... they ended in San Francisco, not some secluded area in Northern England (possibly Scotland)!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #333 on: December 20, 2009, 02:04:21 AM »
Just to summarize here...

Thanks entirely to a wonderful find by ryan83 and his late grandmother Tomi
, RFF was able to confirm San Francisco as the Finale city almost 2 weeks ago. However, due to our belief that the finale should be run unmolested, we again made the decision to not share this info with you all until AFTER the Finale had safely been filmed. However, J/J and other teams were spoiled as they arrived in San Fran from ES, letting the cat out of the bag completely.

The Shanghai info came from some good old fashioned detective work by the team, and a little luck.

So yes, the filming of the TAR 16 FINALE took place 12/19 and was completed by late afternoon, exact MAT location unknown ....so far. :cmaslol
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #334 on: December 20, 2009, 02:07:50 AM »
Just to summarize here...

Thanks entirely to a wonderful find by ryan83 and his late grandmother Tomi
, RFF was able to confirm San Francisco as the Finale city almost 2 weeks ago. However, due to our belief that the finale should be run unmolested, we again made the decision to not share this info with you all until AFTER the Finale had safely been filmed. However, J/J and other teams were spoiled as they arrived in San Fran from ES, letting the cat out of the bag completely.

The Shanghai info came from some good old fashioned detective work by the team, and a little luck.

So yes, the filming of the TAR 16 FINALE took place 12/19 and was completed by late afternoon, exact MAT location unknown ....so far. :cmaslol

Just wondering, was Ryan83 the person who posted in one of these threads that he had possible information and wanted to know if you or puddin was online at that time so he could PM it you either one of you rather than posting it? I remember someone asking that and if it was him, it makes much more sense now.

Offline Racefan82

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #335 on: December 20, 2009, 04:22:17 AM »
Why would you assume that the producers let the "cat out of the bag" as to where end city was simply because the B/B team was at the airport? They had to get there somehow.  Second of all, I find it hilarious that just because Chateau said something was true, you automatically take his word for it, yet other people you chastise and belittle until they have a photo to confirm.  Chateau has no photos to confirm teams came in on the flight he thinks he did. 

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #336 on: December 20, 2009, 04:24:46 AM »
Why would you assume that the producers let the "cat out of the bag" as to where end city was simply because the B/B team was at the airport? They had to get there somehow.  Second of all, I find it hilarious that just because Chateau said something was true, you automatically take his word for it, yet other people you chastise and belittle until they have a photo to confirm.  Chateau has no photos to confirm teams came in on the flight he thinks he did. 

Because Chateau rocks? :cmaslol

Offline wonderfalls1

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #337 on: December 20, 2009, 08:42:01 AM »
Hey.

Dunno if this is news or not to all of you, but the TAR 16 teams were on the 0915 hrs Malaysian Airlines flight MH1138 from Kuala Lumpur to Penang on Monday, Dec 14. One team, two males, university students probably were seated on the seats just in front of me and were wearing mics with a bunch of shooting crews.

They were probably on transit in Kuala Lumpur the morning of the Dec 14 enroute to Penang, as there aren't that many international flights flying into Penang.

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #338 on: December 20, 2009, 09:24:05 AM »
SO I AM CONFUSED?? :cmas13 WHAT IS NEW, ... IF THE J'S WERE SEEN IN THE AIR PORT COMING FROM ES THAN WHEN DID THEY GO OUT ?
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline jerseydude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • It’s Friday, Friday Gotta get down on Friday
« Reply #339 on: December 20, 2009, 09:31:29 AM »
TAR16 in Shanghai on the 17th looking better and better, someone spotted crews filming on Nanjing Road a few days ago, maybe for scenes we see when Phil announces " This is Shanghai the largest city in China, and one of the largest metropolitan areas in the world, with over 20 million people."  :cmaslol

OMG. I was on Nanjing Road today. Can't believe missed TAR be 3 days.   :groan: :cmas4 (I would have had school so I wouldn't have been able to go though.  :cmaslol)
The Amazing Race TV Stars- Marc and Rovilson (Currently 1st)
Victor\'s Amazing Race- Mooyou and Jerseydude (Currently 5th)
RFF Amazing Race Season 2- Redskevin88 & Jerseydude (Eliminated 4th)
Mooyou\'s Amazing Race- Tammy and Victor (Finished 2nd Place )

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #340 on: December 20, 2009, 09:35:13 AM »
SO I AM CONFUSED?? :cmas13 WHAT IS NEW, ... IF THE J'S WERE SEEN IN THE AIR PORT COMING FROM ES THAN WHEN DID THEY GO OUT ?

Apparently during one of the first six legs, of course! Unless there was a non elimination leg in there somewhere. Then it must have been in the first seven legs.  :cmaslol

All that is known for sure is that they weren't the first team. I seem to recall reading around here that they might have been eliminated in the second or third leg in South America, but nothing's been proven yet.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 09:41:02 AM by Plaidmoon2 »

Offline jerseydude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • It’s Friday, Friday Gotta get down on Friday
« Reply #341 on: December 20, 2009, 09:54:29 AM »
Direct Flights from SIN (Singapore Changi) to PVG (Shanghai Pudong) on December 17th, 2009 . BTW There are no flight to Hongqiao Airport. It mainly serves Korea and Japan and domestic flights.

China Eastern Flight MU 544
Departed:1:03am  (8 min late)
Arrival Time(Actual is unknown): 6:10am

Singapore Airlines Flight SQ826
Departed: 1:18 AM (3 min late)
Arrived: 6:19am (6 min early)

Singapore Airlines Flight 828
Departed: 7:31 am (4 min early)
Arrived: 12:52 pm (7 min late)

Singapore Airlines Flight 830
Departed: 10:05am (on time)
Arrived: 4:11pm (56 min late)

China Airlines Flight 546
Departed: 11:52am (1 hour 40 min late)
Arrived (Actual Not given): 3:10pm

Next two flight arrive too late. Screenshot below

Apart from these, they could have transfered from many cities like
Shenzhen
HongKong
Macau
Beijing
Taipei
Xiamen
Guangzhou
The Amazing Race TV Stars- Marc and Rovilson (Currently 1st)
Victor\'s Amazing Race- Mooyou and Jerseydude (Currently 5th)
RFF Amazing Race Season 2- Redskevin88 & Jerseydude (Eliminated 4th)
Mooyou\'s Amazing Race- Tammy and Victor (Finished 2nd Place )

Offline Macaroons

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #342 on: December 20, 2009, 10:09:28 AM »
I believe the most likely flights are MU 544 and SQ 826, but on December 18th though, not December 17.

They then had a few hours of tasks in Shanghai, a pit stop, and then took the flight to San Fran getting in at 8:25 on Dec. 19.

Offline Macaroons

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #343 on: December 20, 2009, 10:10:52 AM »
Hey.

Dunno if this is news or not to all of you, but the TAR 16 teams were on the 0915 hrs Malaysian Airlines flight MH1138 from Kuala Lumpur to Penang on Monday, Dec 14. One team, two males, university students probably were seated on the seats just in front of me and were wearing mics with a bunch of shooting crews.

They were probably on transit in Kuala Lumpur the morning of the Dec 14 enroute to Penang, as there aren't that many international flights flying into Penang.

Thank you, waterfalls1! That information fits perfectly with other info we had. It makes me wonder if there was a leg in Kualu Lumpur before this or if it was just used for a connection.

Offline Seattlite

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #344 on: December 20, 2009, 10:41:13 AM »

So there was some other inside info about the continents that were visited that you were waiting until after the race was over to let out.  Well????
Merry Christmas everyone

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #345 on: December 20, 2009, 10:59:05 AM »
Thank you thank you for bringing this to us wonderfalls!  Good stuff!!! :yess:

Hey.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #346 on: December 20, 2009, 12:00:07 PM »
As Joab has said, ....Yup Chateau Rocks! Take our word for it. This is something thats been in the works over a week. As stated, we knew the finale was in San Fran and we knew where they were coming from and Chateau took money and time of his own to get there maybe he didn't see the teams but he saw something but thats for him to tell not me.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #347 on: December 20, 2009, 02:31:03 PM »
If Shanghai is the jumping off point to the finale, then there is only flight that needs to be considered:

UA858/CA8588 PVG SFO 1345 0838

Since the finish appeared to be late morning somewhere in San Francisco and since it takes at least 30 minutes to get to most places in SF from SFO, it looks to me like the tasks were about 2 to 2.5 hours long.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #348 on: December 20, 2009, 02:39:26 PM »
How do we know that there was not an extended pit stop in Shanghai? If there was, then the Final 3 would be arriving in SF this morning, Dec. 20.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #349 on: December 20, 2009, 03:13:55 PM »
We know Singapore had one.

But they did arrive 12/20...maybe you need to check the live sightings?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.