Author Topic: The Amazing Race 16 Destinations/Locations  (Read 257682 times)

Offline Evan_Weinstein

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Amazing Racer
    • EVANMINAL-MINDS
Re: The Amazing Race 16 Destinations/Locations
« Reply #600 on: February 21, 2010, 12:47:42 AM »
i dun think Singapore have double legs, anyway :'( Bye Liverpool
Thanks wp...Germany it is!!

Bye Liverpool!  :(

03/07 60 Minutes Amazing Race 16 - We Are No Longer in the Bible Belt (Germany)

So..Argentina>>Germany>>France>>Seychelles??

and will add here that I think Fort Seclin is very probable for the WWI reenactment.

And which other location will be the last double leg??

We have 2 in Chile, 2 in Singapore (I think?? ??? ) and 2 in Shanghai...so we need one more double, right??

I'll keep my fingers crossed for the Seychelles!!  :yess:

Singaporean here - PM me, if you need me to translate, Chinese, Malay, English, German or Japanese

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #601 on: February 21, 2010, 07:48:02 AM »
If I am not mistaken, this is the orginal Liverpool spoiler........The writer is pretty specific as to what they do in Liverpool, not just going to Liverpool.

Bringing this over from Sailing's find in spec:

It appears that it may be Liverpool instead of Hamburg, based on this press release:

http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/tube-talk/tv-news/2010/01/amazing-race-returns-feb-14-here-are-the-teams/

...now the question is whether it will survive a race around the world, including a first stop in Chile and later challenges including the reenactment of a World War I battle in France and a Beatles-centric puzzle in Liverpool, England.

Here is Sailing's comment......

I'm not sold on the one source pointing towards Liverpool yet, because the article might have been the result of a misunderstanding by that writer.

But then, we only have one spoiled article pointing towards Germany (in general), but the reference to the early days of the Beatles can be seen as support, Or maybe for both. If those dates seem pretty solid for the Europen legs, then checking all of the various possible venues would be worth while, if for no other reason than to see if weather might have caused a last minute change in any of the legs. (Think Family Edition and Belize.)

I have read 3 articles were Liverpool, England is mentioned. All three are by respected sources that are given Press Reports by CBS. It says  Beatles-centric puzzle in Liverpool, England as being a loction they visit this season.

And a follow-up by Peach.

There are multiple articles out there now, theschnauzers, I think we are seeing a later press release.

http://www.etonline.com/gallery/featured/2010/01/83179/index.html

a grueling World War I reenactment in France, retracing the early days of iconic rock group The Beatles in England and facing off with one of the world's most infamous villains.

I don't thtink there is any doubt any more, reporters don't make this stuff up, they work with the info they are given.

And weather during that time doesn't seem to be an issue in Liverpool, just another rainy day in the UK!

GMTA, Sailing! :ty3:

I am wondering just where the 8 countries info came from. I know it came from CBS.......but WHO in CBS or WRP? The Seychelles are independent and part of the British Commonwealth. IF that came from BVM, maybe he pulled a reverse Burkina Faso on us, thinking it was part of Britian and not a separate country. I know its pretty far fetched, or maybe he thinks that Singapore is part of Malaysia.

There is lots of info from multiple sources that Liverpool is part of TAR 16. I dont think it was just one reporter's mis-intrepretation of CBS press releases. Like Sailing, I too read several different news releases stating TAR activity in Liverpool. It certainly will be interesting to see just how they get from Bariloche, Ar to the Seychelles!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 08:57:16 AM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #602 on: February 21, 2010, 10:59:10 AM »
Hmm, found this posted on the Cavern Beatles guestbook. The Cavern Beatles are a Beatles cover band who were touring Germany in the correct time period.
January 28th 2010 04:11:10 PM
Name:reallycold
Please enter comments here
Do you know when the episode of the amazing race you appear in will be broadcast?

Posted here - http://www.cavernbeatles.com/guestbook1.htm
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #603 on: February 21, 2010, 04:00:53 PM »
 :lol: ...well, well, well, talk about coincidence....  :groan:  Paul McCartney just happened to playing a concert at the Color Line Arena, in Hamburg, Germany on December 2, 2009.

blog
McCartney concert setlist
concert review

Which, if our TAR timeline is right, just happens to be a day of two before the racers arrive in Hamburg.   :lol:  hmmmmmm.....   wonder if he stuck around to be part of the episode?   ;)

eta:...oh, nevermind, he was in Berlin on the 3rd, Netherlands on the 8th, Paris the 9th, Cologne on the 16, and London the 22nd.  gosh darn it ???
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 04:25:11 PM by Boingo »

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #604 on: February 21, 2010, 05:19:57 PM »
If the time line is right, it's still a possibility as Hamburg isn't that far out of the way, (and Paul probably uses private jets a lot.)
-- theschnauzers

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #605 on: February 21, 2010, 05:20:51 PM »
I just don't know...Germany won't go away, but England refuses to back down, either. :duno:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #606 on: February 21, 2010, 06:22:53 PM »
I know its pretty far fetched, or maybe he thinks that Singapore is part of Malaysia.

Even if BVM has a lack of geography skills, he should know that we gained our independence 45 years ago....