Author Topic: Ep#12: Which team hits the jackpot?  (Read 31172 times)

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Ep#12: Which team hits the jackpot?
« on: November 29, 2009, 11:25:13 PM »
Well this brings us to the end of this season (damn they fly by quick), luckily a new one started filming this week to tied us over.

1.  If you were Dan, would you have told Big Easy the answer?  Hell would you have given him the "F"?

2.  OK, we have known for a while the final three, so who "wins" who "places" and who "shows"?

3.  Who do you want to win?

4.  Who do you think deserves to win?

5.  Now here at the end out of the 15 seasons, how does this one rate for you?

6.  What was your favorite Leg?  What leg annoyed you to no end?

7.  Finally, what the hell was Big Easy & Flight Time thinking about when quitting the Roadblock?  Seriously?

Offline kittygoesmeow

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: Ep#12: Which team hits the jackpot?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 11:27:20 PM »
Are you purposely saying Zen instead of Zev?

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 11:32:05 PM »
Yes, I believe a gambling odds maker included this team in a recent listing of odds to win.  They spelled his name incorrectly in the article, not where they listed the odds (not to mention included them long after they were eliminated).  It is a feeble attempt at humor. 

Offline kittygoesmeow

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2009, 11:34:03 PM »
Yes, I believe a gambling odds maker included this team in a recent listing of odds to win.  They spelled his name incorrectly in the article, not where they listed the odds (not to mention included them long after they were eliminated).  It is a feeble attempt at humor. 

Oh, I didn't read that article. That explains the confusion. Sorry.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2009, 11:35:09 PM »
Don't worry about it.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2009, 11:37:24 PM »
I voted Zen and Justin I figured it was the zen thing to do :D

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2009, 11:39:57 PM »
I voted Zen and Justin I figured it was the zen thing to do :D

Eric and Lisa will be loving you, hee!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2009, 11:47:48 PM »
It's Zev, not Zen, get the spelling right, seriously!  :lol:

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2009, 11:48:37 PM »
1.  If you were Dan, would you have told Big Easy the answer?  Hell would you have given him the "F"?  Not with a team that did have strengths I didn't have and especially not this near the end.  Hell, I wouldn't have even given him the "F".

I have no real problems with teams doing this, as long as they admit that its a bit mean and that they don't get upset about why other teams might view those actions as mean.  Neither of those apply her as the brothers seem very aware of both.

2.  OK, we have known for a while the final three, so who "wins" who "places" and who "shows"?  Gut reaction.  Brian & Ericka, Meghan & Cheyne, and then Sam & Dan

3.  Who do you want to win?  God this is tough.  I like Sam & Dan Even if they do bicker, I like Meghan & Cheyne (even when she is anal and he is withdrawn), and I like Brian (my favorite racer, personality wise this season) & Ericka (even when she is demanding, rude, and acting entitled.  But I don't feel they have run a  strong race (thats always been a big issue with me, even with teams I dislike or like), so either Meghan & Cheyne (who deserve 4 of their wins)  and are the most consistently strong, focused team or Sam & Dan who have run a fairly strong race (but who get easily distracted by each other and stressing over Flight Time & Big Easy).

4.  Who do you think deserves to win?  Meghan & Cheyne

5.  Now here at the end out of the 15 seasons, how does this one rate for you?  Not bad.  About even.  But better then 14 and 13 in my opinion.

6.  What was your favorite Leg?  What leg annoyed you to no end?I liked several, I don't think I have a favorite (at this point).  LEgs that bothered me the 1st leg (hated how it didn't matter when you got to the roadblock and I hated that when you got to perform the roadblock had nothing to do with the teams.  Hated the 2nd Dubai leg, for it basically giving who ever won the fast forward another win (especially since the team did so poorly that leg).

7.  Finally, what the hell was Big Easy & Flight Time thinking about when quitting the Roadblock?  Seriously?  I have no clue.  Do they watch the show.  How many legs give you enough window to take a four hour penalty when you are last and still let you be a factor in the race?  Very, very few.  And how did he not see that their were very few possible options.  Besides Marshall & Lance, worst quitters ever.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2009, 12:07:57 AM »
It's Zev, not Zen, get the spelling right, seriously!  :lol:
That's not very zen like Will  :lol:

heres the article

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2009, 12:20:39 AM »
 :tup: Thanks, Puddin!

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2009, 12:39:22 AM »
1.  If you were Dan, would you have told Big Easy the answer? I'm a believer if you give your word, you do what you say, but this is a race. Probably not. Hell would you have given him the "F"? That was the least he could do  :lol: :lol:

2.  OK, we have known for a while the final three, so who "wins" who "places" and who "shows"? Win=Meghan & Cheyne Place=Brian & Ericka Show=Sam & Dan

3.  Who do you want to win? Brian & Ericka

4.  Who do you think deserves to win? Sam & Dan

5.  Now here at the end out of the 15 seasons, how does this one rate for you? It's been a good season. I'd say it's in my Top Ten, but no higher than 5th.

6.  What was your favorite Leg? The Switchback leg with the haybales. Classic TAR. :lol: What leg annoyed you to no end? Tokyo. Things went too quickly. Plus, too many teams to keep track of at that time.

7.  Finally, what the hell was Big Easy & Flight Time thinking about when quitting the Roadblock? Big Easy couldn't figure it out. Can't kill him for that. If they could have convinced one other team to take the penalty, then it would have been a more even playing field. Seriously? Seriously :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2009, 01:00:32 AM »
1.  If you were Dan, would you have told Big Easy the answer?  Hell would you have given him the "F"? Yes, dedinitely. If I'm working with somebody, I wouldn't screw them over. In all honesty, it may have been smart not to tell, but karma will hurt.

2.  OK, we have known for a while the final three, so who "wins" who "places" and who "shows"? Meghan & Cheyne win, Brian & Ericka place and Sam & Dan show.

3.  Who do you want to win? Meghan & Cheyne or Brian & Ericka

4.  Who do you think deserves to win? Meghan & Cheyne (the strongest team) and Brian & Ericka (the team that has raced with some decency)

5.  Now here at the end out of the 15 seasons, how does this one rate for you? Mediocre. I thought it was an average cast, mediocre locations, for the most part, and if Sam & Dan win, that will be "The Cherry On Top Of The Sundae That's Already Melted", to quote Nathan.

6.  What was your favorite Leg?  What leg annoyed you to no end? Dubai #2, Sweden and the two Prague legs were great! The most recent leg was the best. Dubai #1 annoyed me to end, because the best team was sent home and Netherlands annoyed me because of that 'rigged' Detour.

7.  Finally, what the hell was Big Easy & Flight Time thinking about when quitting the Roadblock? Seriously? Well, I wonder if he was eventually going to get it if he kept going. I don't know if he would've, so I won't comment.
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

DavidJunior

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2009, 02:01:30 AM »
1.  If you were Dan, would you have told Big Easy the answer?  Hell would you have given him the "F"? If I was in the exact same position, then yes I would.  You're working together for goodness sakes!  But, if we were just sitting there, heck no!!

2.  OK, we have known for a while the final three, so who "wins" who "places" and who "shows"? I say Brian and Ericka win by showing their place

3.  Who do you want to win? Brian and Ericka

4.  Who do you think deserves to win? Brian and Ericka (they're not the super dull, non-sibling version of Nick and Starr, or the overtly evil little brats that need to take a long walk off of a short pier  (:;) )

5.  Now here at the end out of the 15 seasons, how does this one rate for you? Eh... I was expecting more out of the cast.  It seemed like the more entertaining teams were stuck in the back and eliminated early on.  And I hated the route, way too many legs in Asia (none of them in a new country, to boot), and no new countries at all until the final handful of legs.  But, the pace seemed to pick around the second half of the season...

6.  What was your favorite Leg? I loved Prague 1, Estonia, Sweden, Netherlands, and Vietnam 1.  Hated Japan, Cambodia, and both Dubai legs

7.  Finally, what the hell was Big Easy & Flight Time thinking about when quitting the Roadblock? Seriously? The big idiot would have gotten it, probably within the next half hour.  He just needed to continue with what he was doing.  But by the looks of it, he had no systematic way of doing it.  I mean, even if I didn't have a clue of what it was supposed to be, except for the F, I would have made a system: 1. F-A-N-R-Z, 2. F-A-N-Z-R, 3. F-A-R-N-Z.  And then by number 3, I would've been like, that looks a lot like FRANZ, then I would've smacked myself for not having a V8, and continued with the leg

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2009, 02:48:08 AM »
thanks for putting up the poll so early mswood its always interesting to see what everyones thoughts are..

current:

Which team is the 15th team to win the Amazing Race?
Meghan & Cheyne  1 (10%)
Sam & Dan  2 (20%)
Brian & Ericka  5 (50%)
Zen & Justin (Odd makers can't be wrong)  2 (20%)

Total Voters: 10

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2009, 02:52:12 AM »
1.  If you were Dan, would you have told Big Easy the answer?  Hell would you have given him the "F"? I probably wouldn't have worked with him to begin with. However, if I'd told him that I was going to work with him, I would have. It's the honorable thing to do.

2.  OK, we have known for a while the final three, so who "wins" who "places" and who "shows"? Bricka for the win. JeJo Meghan and Cheyne to place, The Brothers Gay to show

3.  Who do you want to win? Team Yellow!

4.  Who do you think deserves to win? Gary and Matt or Brian and Ericka. They worked hardest for it and haven't argued like the others.

5.  Now here at the end out of the 15 seasons, how does this one rate for you? Roughly mid-table. It was alright. Some good new ideas though.

6.  What was your favorite Leg?  What leg annoyed you to no end? The waterslide was the best, took us through the whole range of the human spectrum. The worst one imo was Veitnam 1. Speed bump was too easy, no Detour, the list goes on.

7.  Finally, what the hell was Big Easy & Flight Time thinking about when quitting the Roadblock?  Seriously? I don't know, but he gave up WAY to easily for my liking.

Offline a1mamacat

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I gotta cut back on the caffeine!!!
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2009, 09:14:37 AM »
Well this brings us to the end of this season (damn they fly by quick), luckily a new one started filming this week to tied us over.

1.  If you were Dan, would you have told Big Easy the answer?  Hell would you have given him the "F"? - Yes, but then again I have a shred of decency.

2.  OK, we have known for a while the final three, so who "wins" who "places" and who "shows"? Bricka wins, Sheygan places and the Whiners show

3.  Who do you want to win?

Bricka

4.  Who do you think deserves to win?

Sheygan deserves it based on consistent play

5.  Now here at the end out of the 15 seasons, how does this one rate for you?

Meh!

6.  What was your favorite Leg?  What leg annoyed you to no end?

The bell/dancing leg

7.  Finally, what the hell was Big Easy & Flight Time thinking about when quitting the Roadblock?  Seriously? Interesting thought from a friend of mine.  He suggests that BE and FT were never slated to be in final three.  He thinks that it was planned by the producers and the Trotters, that if they got to the final four, they would find a way to be eliminated.  They were there for interest.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2009, 09:25:08 AM »
7.  Finally, what the hell was Big Easy & Flight Time thinking about when quitting the Roadblock?  Seriously? Interesting thought from a friend of mine.  He suggests that BE and FT were never slated to be in final three.  He thinks that it was planned by the producers and the Trotters, that if they got to the final four, they would find a way to be eliminated.  They were there for interest.

My brother suggested that too. Something about their elimination just doesn't add up for me. Just in the way he gave up and Flight Time accepted it just doesn't seem kosher.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2009, 09:49:22 AM »
1.  If you were Dan, would you have told Big Easy the answer?  Hell would you have given him the "F"?
I would have given him the "F" word because we will probably be enemy with them. :funny:

2.  OK, we have known for a while the final three, so who "wins" who "places" and who "shows"?
Brian and Ericka and Meghan and Cheyne are fated to finish either first or second. The edit points that way. I hope B/E wins, Cheygan places and the extremely ugly edit for Sam and Dan is doomed for a third "show".

Team yellow!

Cheygan deserves to win for being the strongest. Team yellow for being the underdogs!

Below TAR 1, 3, 5, 7, 10, 12 and 14. This season is definitely better than TAR 4, 9 and 13. :res:

Favourite = N/E for Switchback. Lena and Kristy were shown again!! :jam: :hearts: :jumpy: :wohoo: When Mika quitted the slide challenge and let Herb/Nate surpass their team, i was pissed to BOILING point.

7.  Finally, what the hell was Big Easy & Flight Time thinking about when quitting the Roadblock?  Seriously?
I think they're just... nvm..

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2009, 01:07:57 PM »
Interesting results. I hope people arn't just voting with their heart, because it would seem Brian and Ericka have a better chance then I thought!  :jumpy:

If you were Dan, would you have told Big Easy the answer?
I would have if I'd made a deal to work with him. Had I not, no.

2.  OK, we have known for a while the final three, so who "wins" who "places" and who "shows"?
Taking into account past races and editing, Brian & Ericka Win, Meghan & Cheyne Place, and Sam & Dan Show.

Brian& Ericka

This might sound corny, but all of them do. Making it this far takes a lot of work.

Colorfull cast, great locations, interesting tasks; one of my top 3 seasons.

Loved the first Dubai leg, but the Tokyo leg was a little odd for me.

I wouldn't expect less from them. They try to promote hard work and sportsmanship, but have quite honestly one nothing but stry from that message this entire race. Giving up was bound to happen.

Offline Ryan83

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: TAR15 EP12: "Amazing Grace, How Sweet the Sound (Las Vegas)"
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2009, 02:23:49 PM »
@puddin.
I am sry if this is in the wrong location. I dont/didnt know where to post a question like this. I am new here and still trying to get the lay of the land. If its in the wrong place I am sry.

My question to the board. If M and C come in first. Then they will have won 7 legs of the race, tieing them with Nik and Starr. So who does this board think are a better team? For me its M and C they arent annoying like nik and starr and they are fun to watch. What do you guys and gals think?

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2009, 02:36:41 PM »
I am really surprised about the number of people who say that would have kept there word.  As so many racers lie to other teams over the various seasons.  From tasks to navigation, ect.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2009, 02:38:42 PM »
My question to the board. If M and C come in first. Then they will have won 7 legs of the race, tieing them with Nik and Starr. So who does this board think are a better team? For me its M and C they arent annoying like nik and starr and they are fun to watch. What do you guys and gals think?

Nick and Starr ran an 11 leg Race, while this season is 12 legs, so by that objective measurement alone, it would be Nick and Starr. On the other hand, Meghan and Chenye would end up with the better average leg placement (between 2.00 and 2.16) than Nick and Starr (2.45). So one could argue it either way based on those objective measures.
-- theschnauzers

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2009, 03:32:35 PM »
I think the answer is too close to call because it's Colin and Christie. Even though they did not win AR5 due to 2 flukes (fog in Calgary delaying their scheduled flight and U.S. airport restrictions on checked baggage), they were the most dominant team in any Amazing Race.
Second place goes to Rob and Amber. Even though they did not win AR7 due to the San Juan plane incident and their own inability to find a cigar store in Spanish in the Little Havana section of Miami, they dominated AR7.
Neither Nick/Starr nor Cheyne/Meghan has dominated their race to the same extent.

Here are the statistics for finish order, with the average the most valid comparison measure:

Race/Team                  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Total   Average

AR5 Colin/Christie        7  6  1  2  1  1  2  1  1  1    4    3     2    32      2.48

AR7 Rob/Amber           3  1  5  1  5  2  1  3  3  1    2    2           27      2.25

AR13 Nick/Starr           1  6  6  5  1  1  1  1  3  1    1                 27      2.45

AR15 Cheyne/Meghan 1 6  2  5  1  1  2  2   1   1    1                 25      2.27

All 4 teams are very close on this measure.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2009, 04:04:20 PM »
Heres where you can discuss who you think wins etc Ryan83 :tup: