Author Topic: Jerri's New Reality Show  (Read 15773 times)

surviordude_JT

Jerri's New Reality Show
« on: May 12, 2004, 12:31:04 PM »

She was interviewed on WPLJ in NY.

Her latest thing is "Extreme Dodgeball".  Thats right.  I think she is going to host, and its going to be on either FX or Spike Tv.  She said its not your ordinary Dodgeball, because it will be played by strange people...like mimes vs midgets....etc.

Is she desperate or what?

Offline drumstyx47

• RFF Full Member
  • Emilio says: Go check out Survivor: Second Chance!
Re: Jerri's New Reality Show
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2004, 12:54:06 PM »
lol!!!!!!!!
i hope she does a survivor episode just so i can see boston rob get pegged in the head. ;D
"I stick around until they start talking about gay stuff or Jesus stuff, then i just walk away" -Rudy, on Tagi's group discussions

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2004, 06:59:26 PM »
Uh, wasn't Jerri the one that didn't like the negitivity?

Oh yes, Midgets chucking balls at mimes, that is so positive, words cannot explain.

Great way to look like a moron Jerri!

Rob

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2004, 09:16:54 PM »
I tried not to but, I'm LMAO.... ;D ;D ;D ;D

surviordude_JT

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2004, 10:08:27 PM »
I was laughing so hard when I herd that I just had to post it

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2004, 11:37:31 PM »
Thanks for the news JT..every time I read it I just crack up..

surviordude_JT

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2004, 11:43:20 AM »
Glad to be of some help

CindiLou

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2004, 05:31:59 PM »
Okay, I don't get it. Wasn't Jerri's big speech at the reunion show about how these people's lives were considered nothing but entertainment by the audience? Ummmmmmm, won't her new show be about people's lives being used for entertainment?

surviordude_JT

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2004, 12:15:30 PM »
Or just use the show to bitch at every one

surviordude_JT

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2004, 12:10:14 PM »
I just saw a commercial of it, It will be premiering sometime in June on GSN.....oh fun fun

CindiLou

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2004, 12:46:48 PM »
Ummmmmm, what is GSN?

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2004, 03:18:49 PM »
Game Show Network!

Yeah, Jerri on GSN, yippee

Rob

CindiLou

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2004, 08:10:24 PM »
Oh

My

God

surviordude_JT

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2004, 10:28:34 AM »
Peditic I know

RupertRocks33

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2004, 11:35:00 PM »
WOW! Dodge ball? man she is struggling actress if u call her that. She need to like take a shot from Tom's armpit to get her thinking straight or somin.

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2004, 01:01:32 AM »
Looks like Jerri didn't get first pick on the better shows to host.  I don't think this show would be very interesting to watch or film.

RupertRocks33

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2004, 09:13:40 PM »
Unless they peg Jerri!  ;D

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2004, 12:16:00 AM »
A show to dodge
'Extreme Dodgeball' a cartoonish spectacle that fails to score
Tuesday, June 15, 2004
Dave Walker
At 8 tonight on Bravo, there's a new episode of "Blow Out," an unscripted melodrama tracking hairdresser Jonathan Antin as he chases his dream of opening a Beverly Hills clip joint.

At 9 p.m. on the digital-cable feed GSN there's the premiere of "Extreme Dodgeball," a silly hybrid of cheesy roller derby and junior high gym class.

Is anybody else thinking crossover episode?

You'd think Antin's team would be a dodgeball underdog to almost anybody else you could assemble, but then you'd be overlooking one important member of that team, hair stylist Brandon Martinez.

An inky-armed scooter aficionado displaying more than a passing resemblance to "Real World" instigator Puck Rainey, Martinez is the breakout TV star of the summer so far, and he'd find a way to lead his team to victory.

Probably by cheating, but it'd be good TV.

At any rate, GSN, formerly known as the Game Show Network, gets the break on the sudden dodgeball surge by debuting its short-run series a few days before the premiere of the 20th Century Fox film "Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story," starring Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn and Rip Torn.

Why dodgeball and why now are questions to which someone might've given some serious thought if both projects weren't such obvious goofs.

In real life, dodgeball is a "Lord of the Flies" rite of PE that leaves indelible scars on the psyches of all non-jocks forced to participate.

In "Extreme Dodgeball," it's a cartoonish spectacle that captures very little of the visceral thrill/terror the real game delivers.

The game itself is recognizable, with a few embellishments. (A "regeneration target," when hit, allows eliminated players to re-enter a game.)

The teams, though, appear modeled on the characters of lower-rent professional wrestling federations.

In tonight's premiere, pseudo sumo wrestlers take on a team of jockey-sized players.

Other "teams" in the "league" are made up of security guards (team name: "Armed Response"), fitness-model types ("Curves of Steel"), necktie-wearing clipboard-carrying accountants ("Certified Public Assassins"), people with tattoos ("Ink, Inc."), weightlifters ("Barbell Mafia") and, of course, mimes.

Announcers Bill Dwyer and Zach Selwyn call the matches, but mostly deliver scripted-sounding player slurs.

One contestant's off-court workout routine comprises "sitting and more sitting."

Another "jiggle(s) around the court like a big, hairy Jell-O mold."

Jerri Manthey, last seen decrying the artificiality of reality TV during the "Survivor: All-Stars" finale, adds cheerfully clueless "sidelines" "reporting" to the "coverage."

Unlike the real thing, "Extreme Dodgeball" appears harmless but is only occasionally entertaining.

Example: The mime team name, "SBD," stands for Silent But Deadly, and the whiteface- and beret-wearing players remain in character even while getting pummeled by "Curves of Steel" or whoever.

Bring on Brandon and the Beverly Hills Cutters.

. . . . . . .

A roster of familiar local faces, including camera-shy Jefferson Parish Sheriff Harry Lee, populates this week's episode of the Court TV series "Trace Evidence: From the Case Files of Dr. Henry Lee."

Airing at 9 p.m. Wednesday, the forensic-science hour revisits the strange case of Janet Myers' 1984 murder, for which two men -- husband Kerry and family friend William Fontanille -- stood trial.

. . . . . . .

TV columnist Dave Walker can be reached at dwalker@timespicayune.com or (504) 826-3429.
article from~
http://www.nola.com/entertainment/t-p/index.ssf?/base/entertainment-0/108730590588530.xml

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2004, 09:42:57 PM »
Survivor's Jerri Speaks Out!
by Angel Cohn

Jerri Manthey

Survivor villainess Jerri Manthey has taken lots of heat for her witchy behavior on TV. Most recently, the live audience booed her off the stage at the All-Stars reunion. Tired of her self-styled bad-girl image, she's showing her softer side as co-host of Extreme Dodgeball (Tuesdays at 10 pm/ET). The series airs on GSN (formerly known as Game Show Network), where many ex-reality contestants — including Evan Marriott — have found gigs. Before Manthey gets too comfy watching from the sidelines, though, TV Guide Online tosses a few hardballs her way!

TVGO: Have you spoken to Jeff Probst since the All-Stars finale?
Jerri Manthey: No, I haven't. Since the whole fiasco, I haven't spoken to anybody from the production side of Survivor. Jeff came up and gave me a hug at the end of "The Let's Give Rupert $1 Million Show." He said, "Jerri, don't hate me. I'm just doing my job." I said, "So am I."

TVGO: Any regrets about walking out during the reunion?
Jerri: Hell no! It is the smartest thing I could have ever done. Over the last couple of weeks, people have been coming up to me on the street saying, "I'm so sorry about what happened to you. I just want you to know I'm a big fan of yours. What happened was completely unnecessary and disrespectful." I've also spawned quite a few debates among people who watch reality television. People were saying they never really thought about the fact that [we're real] people with feelings. So I've gotten people thinking more about being so judgmental.

TVGO: Your exit seemed so sudden. Why exactly did you leave?
Jerri: Some people couldn't tell that I was actually bawling my eyes out. They've said things like, "She stormed off the set all mad." No, I was really hurt. I couldn't stop sobbing. I needed to get out of there because I couldn't contain my emotions anymore.

TVGO: Think you'll ever change the public's perception of you?
Jerri: I've tried numerous times — by doing The Surreal Life 2 and playing the All-Stars a completely different way — to try and change people's perspectives. It is obvious, after being booed in Madison Square Garden, that no matter what I do, some people will never change their minds.

TVGO: Why do Extreme Dodgeball?
Jerri: After the show was described, I couldn't stop laughing for 10-15 minutes. That pretty much made up my mind for me. I was really excited about taking middle-school dodgeball and turning it into a sport.

TVGO: Would you ever compete on this show?
Jerri: No! There is no way. It is adults and not kids, and the rules have really been amped up. One of the guys throws like 65 miles an hour. It is intimidating when you are sitting there watching it. I was completely blown away. I'm perfectly content on the sidelines, and I don't have to break a sweat.

TVGO: Yes, your hair and makeup is done. That's a nice switch from your dirty days on Survivor.
Jerri: I know! I have a boyfriend now, but when I was dating, I always said, "I certainly have nothing to hide. They've seen me at my worst."

http://tvguide.com/news/insider/

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2004, 12:36:27 AM »
I am stumped for a comment on this one. 

Offline WENDY

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • One day..... I Will Outlast, Outwit & Outplay
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2004, 01:04:08 PM »
Ok, So we've seen her at her worst, so what reaction did she expect from us??? She knew by coming across as a "mean girl", she would be judged in a not so nice way so what is she Bawling her eyes out for??? ???
Wendy Jean

SURVIVOR 11- HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2004, 10:22:47 AM »
did anyone watch the show?  Curious what anyone thought.  I will have to look at the schedule and see if I can catch it one day.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2004, 08:54:23 AM »
saw a commercial yesterday for this show.....amazingly they said "XX is back"  Wow that meant they had this show on before.  It did not say the time or day just check GSN.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2004, 09:22:51 AM »
here is a link to GSn extreme dodge ball...there is also a sweepstakes for the show.

http://www.gsn.com/win/dodge/

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2004, 12:59:32 PM »
(sigh) puddin doesn't get GSN ..thanks for the link Texan..I'll go check it out..at least its something..

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2004, 01:21:11 PM »
You do not get GSN  :o  You can not see the old math game shows  O0

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2004, 01:26:58 PM »
No..we had it and our cable replaced it with something else..<pout>

Offline bunny

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2004, 08:39:07 PM »
Your lucky that you don't have to watch this stupid show puddin . It is stupid , I can't beleive that Jerri has sunk so low.