Author Topic: Speculation on TAR16 *no wish-lists please*  (Read 277711 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Speculation on TAR16 *no wish-lists please*
« Reply #675 on: January 06, 2010, 11:57:14 PM »
darn, we are really hungry for some spoilers!! :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #676 on: January 07, 2010, 12:17:42 AM »
Just my two cents worth:

That team does awfully look like the Mompreneurs, although it appears to be the 'local race'. I think that the idea mentioned by apskip of a 'split-leg one' is feasable, although my guess is that no one is eliminated and all 11 teams are forced to meet up in the same second city afterwards.

It might be really strange, but it would be awesome! :luvx

:carryon:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #677 on: January 07, 2010, 01:17:33 AM »
Okay, I can settle this.   ;)

Remember this post

The Moms were going to Santiago Chile.  Not Buenos Aires.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #678 on: January 07, 2010, 08:57:31 AM »
Chateau, that is a good try, but until someone can explain who the two African American women who look like the Mompreneurs are in the Buenos Aires outdoor photo, I will not be convinced. Something unusual and radical for Amazing Race 16 is possible until that denial can be substantiated. Photographic evidence on a plane is valuable but does not refute the notion that some teams were in Buenos Aires on Nov. 29.

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #679 on: January 07, 2010, 09:55:05 AM »
If you enlarge the photo you found recently, one of the contestants has similar hair.

Umm... apskip?  :waves: Did you see the photo above? I'm including it again below. Consider it proven -- this is a contestant on another race (probably Pekin Express).

Also, we have NO elderly M/F teams on our race.

Also, NO ONE in these shots has backpack tags/fanny packs.

Not to mention that we do NOT have a photo of "two African American women" in Buenos Aires on 11/29 -- we have a picture of one person with braided hair who may or may not be African-American.

What we do have is the image below is this woman with her partner, who is clearly not African-American.

Why will this 11/29 Buenos Aires thing not go away? And can we get a breathing heavily, exasperated smiley, please?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 10:10:23 AM by woden »

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #680 on: January 07, 2010, 09:57:29 AM »
cant be french edtoin

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #681 on: January 07, 2010, 09:58:30 AM »
could it be tbc like season 9

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #682 on: January 07, 2010, 01:04:04 PM »
From here http://www.actualite-francaise.com/depeches/pekin-express-5eme-edition,7577.html (dated December 21, 2009) and from the photos that were published of filming in the Chilean desert, we know that Peking Express was filming in South America when TAR was in the same general area.

"(translated) The shooting that occurred a few weeks ago had the landscapes of Ecuador, Chile, Argentina, cities like Buenos Aires and Ushuaia.  The candidates, the moderator, and production have also visited places like the mythical stage of Diego Maradona, Boca Juniors, and candidates will try to Argentine tango!"

I'd like to start a Peking Express Spoilers thread to separate this stuff out - but not sure where to put it ... suggestions?
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #683 on: January 07, 2010, 02:43:00 PM »
Nice find. I had been looking for a PE blog or forum without success. (A side note: the latest season before our sightings--Revolution Route--used themes as Neobie has suggested)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #684 on: January 07, 2010, 03:06:37 PM »

I'd like to start a Peking Express Spoilers thread to separate this stuff out - but not sure where to put it ... suggestions?
The Discussion board would be great wp, you can add this as well.
http://budgetvideo.com/news.php

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #685 on: January 07, 2010, 03:28:16 PM »

Why will this 11/29 Buenos Aires thing not go away? And can we get a breathing heavily, exasperated smiley, please?
Heeee...it is because we are desperate for some new spoilers, :funny:

Here.....borrow ugottobekiddingme's smiley!!

:ugot :ugot :ugot
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #686 on: January 07, 2010, 06:51:19 PM »
Perhaps, but I don't think they'd do it so soon after doing it in TAR14.

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #687 on: January 07, 2010, 07:41:36 PM »
Perhaps, but I don't think they'd do it so soon after doing it in TAR14.

Oh, TAR can do TBCs any time they want. I just can't see them doing one that has a flight in the middle of the leg, as that can post a problem for the production and Phil's filming schedule.

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #688 on: January 08, 2010, 09:47:18 AM »
Thank you, Peach!  :ugot

And let me toss in one of these:  :iok

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #689 on: January 09, 2010, 06:54:12 AM »
And let me toss in one of these:  :iok
:lol3:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #690 on: January 09, 2010, 12:40:48 PM »
There was a different post about the Germany/Paraguay ordeal.  Well I agree with the post about Nueva Germania in Paraguay.  I found an article on Wikipedia about Nueva Germania and it was established by Germans from the Saxony region around 1886.  And Nueva Germania is 297km (184 miles) from Asuncion, Paraguay. Also I found out that the place was founded by the Aryan people, which distinguished due to the harsh South American jungle enviroment and colonials that colonized the community forgotten the Aryan ways and adapted to the Paraguayan culture.  Today, Nueva Germania in the article is a quiet agricultural community.  Also Asuncion's Silvio Pettirossi International Airport have flights to Buenos Aires (International Airport), Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo (GRU), and Santa Cruz de la Sierra.  These places have major flight connections that could take teams from South America to Europe and Africa.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #691 on: January 09, 2010, 02:04:29 PM »
Well if it is Nueva Germania, which seems quite plausable at this point, we still have to find some way to account for Europe. My best guess would be a small european country the race has yet to visit that wouldn't attract much attention.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #692 on: January 09, 2010, 02:53:12 PM »
Well if it is Nueva Germania, which seems quite plausible at this point, we still have to find some way to account for Europe. My best guess would be a small european country the race has yet to visit that wouldn't attract much attention.

North09,
I like your thinking on that. Here is a list of such countries:
1. Belgium
2. Luxembourg
3. Sardinia (not a country but an large owned by Italy)
4. Malta (should be in the category with tiny principalities below, but it is on this list just to please Michael)
5. Denmark
6. Latvia
7. Slovakia
8. Albania
9. Bulgaria (not exactly small, but definitely not well known)
10. Moldova
11. Serbia
12. Bosnia-Hercegovina (excluding the 9 mile crossing of the Neum Corridor in AR12)
13. Macedonia
14. Kosovo

I am ignoring the tiny principalities like Liechtenstein, Monaco, Andorra and Vatican City.

I personally like Slovakia as a country for AR16 to have visited. Its capital Bratislava is close to Vienna for air transportation. I would love to see Denmark in AR16 but it's quite a bit harder to stay unobserved there.

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #693 on: January 09, 2010, 03:30:05 PM »
I don't think Kosovo could have been visited due to the violence and dispute with Serbia.  Also Bratislava maybe close to Vienna for air transport but they do have their own int'l airport for the record.  And the tiny principalities could work due to the Vatican City being in Rome; San Marino close to Tuscany and Venice; Andorra being near Toulouse; Liechtenstein is near Zurich; and Monaco is right next to Nice.  Also the Balaeric Islands (Palma de Mallorca), Azores, Canary Islands, Greek Isles could also work due to the connections through Madrid, Barcelona, Lisbon, and Athens.  Plus one more thing is that maybe to my guess after South America they could have gone Africa (2 Legs), SE Europe or the Middle East (1 Leg) and SE Asia (1 Leg) until continuing on to Penang and so on.  The leg before Penang could be either be in Kuala Lumpur (obvious) or Indonesia (Sumatra, Java, or Bali).  If they did do a leg in Kuala Lumpur, I hope they visited the Ginteng Highlands.  Plus maybe for a roadblock, speedbump, or fastforward I like to see a team eat a Durian fruit due to its unusual smell and taste.  (Durian fruit idea is from Travel channel's Bizzarre Foods)

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #694 on: January 09, 2010, 04:09:47 PM »
The leg before Penang could be either be in Kuala Lumpur (obvious) or Indonesia (Sumatra, Java, or Bali).

Indonesia is too unstable, anyone heard of the Bali bombings and the Jakata hotel bombings? There are a lot of people who suggest Indonesia but just can't see how they can do it in the current climate.
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #695 on: January 09, 2010, 04:29:48 PM »
Maybe we should take all this to spec??
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #696 on: January 09, 2010, 06:05:54 PM »
The leg before Penang could be either be in Kuala Lumpur (obvious) or Indonesia (Sumatra, Java, or Bali).

Indonesia is too unstable, anyone heard of the Bali bombings and the Jakata hotel bombings? There are a lot of people who suggest Indonesia but just can't see how they can do it in the current climate.

Last time I checked, the Bali bombing took place in 2005 and the Jakarta hotel bombing took place last July in 2009.  Since then, no bombings since those.  Indonesia is not a unstable country, they are improving their security and making it more safer for tourists and locals.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #697 on: January 09, 2010, 09:01:24 PM »
For those speculating in the Sightings thread about Nueva Germania.  The original blog made a reference in Spanish to "Alemania," so the reference was definitely to Germany and not to some German area of South America.

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #698 on: January 09, 2010, 09:15:22 PM »
Aw, I really wish we had more sightings to report.  It'd be easier to see who was really in or out at a certain point.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #699 on: January 09, 2010, 09:51:49 PM »
Indonesia is NOT currently on the US State Dept list of travel warnings and alerts: (But Kenya, Tanzania, and Zanzibar are...)

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/tw/tw_1764.html
RFF's Golden Rule: