Author Topic: Speculation on TAR16 *no wish-lists please*  (Read 278663 times)

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Speculation on TAR16 *no wish-lists please*
« Reply #500 on: December 17, 2009, 01:32:54 PM »
Just to clarify, the team in the picture is definitely two men, and has been confirmed by Chateau as Mike and Louie.

The blogger also saw another team, a blond and a brunette, male/female.  But there is some spec that since there was a female racer with very short blond hair, the blogger may have mistaken the female/female team for male/female.

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #501 on: December 17, 2009, 01:57:41 PM »
Nice list Kiwi, but I think I'm with Peach here.  At the least, however, they technically hit 6 continents, but it's easier on everyone to go through Australia than otherwise.  So, my guess would be something like the following:

NORTH AMERICA
Start
SOUTH AMERICA
1-3
AFRICA
4 & 5
ASIA
6-8
AUSTRALIA
9 only
NORTH AMERICA
Final

I didn't go up to 12 as there would only be 9 Philiminations with a 12-team field.
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #502 on: December 17, 2009, 02:17:00 PM »
IMO, Australia only BEFORE Singapore, not after...IF they went there.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline YY

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #503 on: December 17, 2009, 02:42:58 PM »
I am not yet convinced about Europe, "Germany" could have been no more than a Frankfurt airport connection.

Africa is looking better and better, and Australia would have been an easy connection to Penang, so :duno:

I think they were definitely in Germany at some point, whether or not that was at a pit stop or not, although I think it was.

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #504 on: December 17, 2009, 02:45:41 PM »
For me, it's

3 eliminations in South America
5 in Africa & Asia (I would say 3 for the former)
1 in Europe or Australia

I agree that Australia would have to come before Singapore. Looking at past TARs shows that Oceania is never the penultimate leg. However, seeing Phil in Penang makes me suspicious of an Australia visit, so I'm going to say there's one leg in Europe.

Offline YY

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #505 on: December 17, 2009, 02:47:16 PM »
Okay, incoming:

From one of the Sentosa posters:

I did not realise that they were filming the amazing race until the 2nd sighting, therfore no pictures were taken.

I was at the singapore flyer at about 11am, 16 dec 2009, when i saw the 1st group, male/female team(young couple, long hair girl dressed in blue).
As the flyer was closed for shooting until 12.30pm, my family and i proceeded to sentosa's underwater world, where we spotted the 2nd group, male/male group (middle aged man, dressed in blue too.) wondering around Rasa Sentosa Hotel car park at abt 1pm, same day.

:thankyou: M!!!

What team is the one I bolded, italicized and underlined then? Not to throw another wrench in here and yes, I still think jeJo are out, but that description I quoted could technically be them or Caitlin/Brett. No other teams that I know of match that description.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 02:51:07 PM by YY »

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #506 on: December 17, 2009, 02:53:44 PM »

What team is the one I bolded, italicized and underlined then? Not to throw another wrench in here and yes, I still think jeJo are out, but that description I quoted could technically be them or Caitlin/Brett. No other teams that I know of match that description.

So they made it to the Asian countries huh?  :cmas18

Offline YY

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #507 on: December 17, 2009, 02:57:30 PM »

So they made it to the Asian countries huh?  :cmas18

I don't know, but from that description, it could really only be them or the beauty queen and her man. There was only the one pic of the one team, right? I know that Mexico picture is out there pointing to elimination, but then this description throws a small wrench into speculation at least.

Offline fijibeachbum

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #508 on: December 17, 2009, 03:01:50 PM »
Is it possible that the teams were doing a task during the race like find a certain character or item in the parade and return it to a shop or something? Maybe their packs were there? Except that they weren't wearing the official fanny pack... Just trying to figure out who is the couple reportedly seen.

Offline YY

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #509 on: December 17, 2009, 03:02:41 PM »
Is it possible that the teams were doing a task during the race like find a certain character or item in the parade and return it to a shop or something? Maybe their packs were there? Except that they weren't wearing the official fanny pack... Just trying to figure out who is the couple reportedly seen.

I know, that male/female with long hair (younger) is throwing me off, totally confusing me considering that picture.

Offline Ryan83

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #510 on: December 17, 2009, 03:03:51 PM »
that discription is JeJo but if they were in the Asia legs they would be a decoy team. Why have decoys in Mexico?!? Werent JeJo the only ones doing "team Blue" at the airport too?

Offline YY

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #511 on: December 17, 2009, 03:04:20 PM »
that discription is JeJo but if they were in the Asia legs they would be a decoy team. Why have decoys in Mexico?!? Werent JeJo the only ones wearing Blue too?

Well Caitlin had long hair too though, so it could be them.

Offline DianeC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #512 on: December 17, 2009, 03:15:22 PM »
that discription is JeJo but if they were in the Asia legs they would be a decoy team. Why have decoys in Mexico?!? Werent JeJo the only ones wearing Blue too?

Well Caitlin had long hair too though, so it could be them.

Yes, JEJO were the Blue team to leave the airport and in that picture of JEJO in Mexico at the parade i saw backpacks near the side of the car on the streetside or something that looked like backpacks...Very strange....The 2 cars have the same yellow stickers on them and none of the other parked cars have stickers on them...

Offline YY

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #513 on: December 17, 2009, 03:17:52 PM »
Okay, incoming:

I did not realise that they were filming the amazing race until the 2nd sighting, therfore no pictures were taken.

I was at the singapore flyer at about 11am, 16 dec 2009, when i saw the 1st group, male/female team(young couple, long hair girl dressed in blue).
As the flyer was closed for shooting until 12.30pm, my family and i proceeded to sentosa's underwater world, where we spotted the 2nd group, male/male group (middle aged man, dressed in blue too.) wondering around Rasa Sentosa Hotel car park at abt 1pm, same day.

Georgiapeach, this could be solved easily. Do you have the website of that blog? We could give them the links to both the team pic of JeJo and the team pic of Caitlin/Brett, or a pic of them and see if the team they saw was either one.

DavidJunior

« Reply #514 on: December 17, 2009, 03:19:09 PM »
i don't think color has too much weight anymore.  Sam and Dan had like 5 different color shirts, and weren't matching half the time...

DavidJunior

« Reply #515 on: December 17, 2009, 03:25:07 PM »
i say, if Australia/New Zealand didn't happen yet, it isn't going to happen

which leaves room for a Europe leg or two

but was Macaroons saying it was a 5 continent race, or that he knew that there were 5 continents so far?

he may have been informed by his sources of Africa and Europe being the missing links between SA and Malaysia, but hasn't as of yet been told of the penultimate leg, which could very well end up in Australia or the like  :cmas5

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #516 on: December 17, 2009, 03:36:40 PM »
If Australia happened already, you would have had spoilers already. I remember when they went to Perth in TAR9, the local news paper printed a story about it, "Perth is going to get worldwide exposure" blah blah.

The only chance of them coming to Australia/New Zealand is today. Its morning 8:30am here on th 18th. A lot of flights from Asia come in very early in the morning, between 6 and 8am.
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #517 on: December 17, 2009, 03:36:53 PM »
They don't run sequestered teams as decoys ,,,,,,,,,,,, hahahaha NO

And Diane, JEJO are wearing jeans, teams do not race in jeans  :cmas10

thats a person not backpacks, probably the vendor

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #518 on: December 17, 2009, 03:41:37 PM »
 :groan:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #519 on: December 17, 2009, 03:46:54 PM »
They don't run sequestered teams as decoys ,,,,,,,,,,,, hahahaha NO

Let me correct that, they have been known to run sequestered teams as decoys in the FINAL city.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #520 on: December 17, 2009, 03:54:25 PM »
Okay, incoming:

Georgiapeach, this could be solved easily. Do you have the website of that blog? We could give them the links to both the team pic of JeJo and the team pic of Caitlin/Brett, or a pic of them and see if the team they saw was either one.

Oh gee thanks. Wonder why I never thought of that?  :groan:

The only chance of them coming to Australia/New Zealand is today.

That is so wrong it isn't funny.

puddin...pass the Advil please. Talking to Singapore till 6AM has left me grumpy.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline YY

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #521 on: December 17, 2009, 03:57:01 PM »
Okay, incoming:

Oh gee thanks. Wonder why I never thought of that?  :groan:

The only chance of them coming to Australia/New Zealand is today.

puddin...pass the Advil please. Talking to Singapore till 6AM has left me grumpy.

Sorry, didn't mean to offend you. :( (I'm assuming obtusely that means you already have asked them or sent pics)

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #522 on: December 17, 2009, 04:08:03 PM »

GeorgiaPeach, this is a speculation forum, so please speculte why that is so wrong?  :groan:

Remember, flying to US from Asia/Oceania will get you back in 0 calendar days because of the dateline. So if they have a leg today on the 18th, leave on the 19th, they will be back home for the final leg on the 19th.
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #523 on: December 17, 2009, 04:10:55 PM »
Jeff and Jordan are at the ES. We need to get back on track on where the final leg is going to be. Pass the Xanax, please. :cmas15

Offline YY

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #524 on: December 17, 2009, 04:14:06 PM »
Jeff and Jordan are at the ES. We need to get back on track on where the final leg is going to be. Pass the Xanax, please. :cmas15

They presumably are with that picture, but then a blogger described a team they saw in Singapore that could be them and since it's speculation, and we are speculating, I'm not sure why we're off track. :)