Author Topic: Speculation on TAR16 *no wish-lists please*  (Read 277642 times)

Offline Izad

• " spoiler extraordinaire "
  • RFF Jr. Member
Re: Speculation on TAR16 *no wish-lists please*
« Reply #400 on: December 16, 2009, 06:16:53 AM »
Assuming that they came from Penang, I think we can safely rule out KL as their next destination, since Singapore is already a main hub in the region.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #401 on: December 16, 2009, 07:36:30 AM »
The problem is that Singapore is considered as a regional hub and you can fly to anywhere.... technically.

I speculate that it's either another asian stop next, then the finale.

OR, Australia or New Zealand, then back to the USA. :cmaslol

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #402 on: December 16, 2009, 08:43:13 AM »
Go read the thread when the race (TAR 13) finished in Portland...it was insane that day. And yes, had we posted the info we had, it could very well have ruined the finale.

I am not saying just BB fans, but TAR fans, curiousity seekers, media...all that changes things. I just want us to be careful of the final location, is all.

And that's fair enough.  It was bad enough that people learned about the JoJe racing, straight from EW and media articles, before they even finished racing, let alone before the race even aired on television!  Same deal with Maria & Tiffany (though it wasn't as epic until later on).  Some people actually choose to avoid knowing who's racing until it's made official.  That shouldn't be a big deal as most of the stars are unknown.  It's a different story, however, with an all-star season.

At the end of the day, not knowing the final stuff is definitely important, at least this early on between present time and the finale.  Maybe as we get close it wouldn't matter.  But not early.  It still sucks back during TAR7 & TAR8 when the winner was sort of disclosed (with the family edition it was worse, because people knew before the season even started).

Anyway, back to speculation on where everything is going to end.  I also thing New Zealand is possible, given the course so far.  However, if they enter the US from there or Asia, I wouldn't be surprised if the finish line is exactly where the start point was.  After the lack of trouble to start anywhere other than Los Angeles, I can't see them going all the way east right now.
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline Seattlite

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #403 on: December 16, 2009, 09:13:09 AM »
I still think it is possible that they will head to Whistler before coming home.  They always seem to throw cold weather at the racers and where would it have been in this race?  I tried asking around Whistler last weekend but my baby detective skills were probably lacking.  There are a lot of TAR lovers in Canada and I would be watching.  Will keep my eyes open in Seattle for the finish also.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #404 on: December 16, 2009, 10:47:31 AM »
Pure spec: My thought is if they did Africa, it is done and that's why we lost them.

Also, if they did Australia or NZ...same...done. There to Penang would be easy.

One more leg...then back to the West Coast for the finale prob Sat or Sun.

I like Canada as well, there were lots of VERY vague rumors around this season...but they might want to wait til TAR 17 as well. :duno:

Coming back via Hawaii to clear customs is def possible, in which case LAX is a good entry point with PLEASE :lol: ongoing flights to any West Coast city.

IF they use Canada...then Victoria/Vancouver/Edmonton/Toronto are possible airports to watch for departures late Fri (crew) /very early Sat AM. (cast)
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

DavidJunior

« Reply #405 on: December 16, 2009, 11:03:30 AM »
they have been doing A LOT of West Coast finishes recently:
TAR 12 (Alaska)
TAR 13 (Portland, Oregon)
TAR 14 (Hawaii)
TAR 15 (Las Vegas, Nevada)

If they continue with the pattern, which IMO is most likely, then we have these possibilities:
Seattle, WA
San Fran/San Jose, CA  :yess:
Los Angeles, CA  :groan:
San Diego, CA
Phoenix, AZ
and even Boise, ID  :cmaslol
and if they really wanted to stretch, they could go to Salt Lake City, UT

Offline ltvols

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #406 on: December 16, 2009, 11:20:28 AM »
a picture of the marina barrage (mentioned in someones blog about seeing film crew) was just posted in sightings forum.   it looks like the perfect pit stop.   If it is the pit stop, could it be possible for the teams to be on their "who knows how long" mandatory rest period?   Also, if this is correct information and we are so close to the end, could we be seeing or hearing about decoy racers too?  

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #407 on: December 16, 2009, 11:37:04 AM »
If they saw racers at 7AM, then that should have been before the icecream sighting...

And yes, decoys are very likely at this stage.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ltvols

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #408 on: December 16, 2009, 12:39:47 PM »
so, if the blogger saw what she thought was amazing race film crew and two racers and thought perhaps it was Amazing Race Asia - can we speculate that the Asian team are still in the race?  Also - after re-reading the blog, they had to wake up at 7ish which means they could have been at the marina a little later than 7am. 

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #409 on: December 16, 2009, 12:58:37 PM »
Anyone in Singapore right now? An airport check around 8-9 am could perhaps be lucky!!  :cmas16
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #410 on: December 16, 2009, 01:40:07 PM »
they have been doing A LOT of West Coast finishes recently:
TAR 12 (Alaska)
TAR 13 (Portland, Oregon)
TAR 14 (Hawaii)
TAR 15 (Las Vegas, Nevada)

If they continue with the pattern, which IMO is most likely, then we have these possibilities:
Seattle, WA
San Fran/San Jose, CA  :yess:
Los Angeles, CA  :groan:
San Diego, CA
Phoenix, AZ
and even Boise, ID  :cmaslol

Plus TAR11 finished in San Francisco. I was just thinking of that pattern, and thought Boise would be next. :)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #411 on: December 16, 2009, 03:48:25 PM »
If they saw racers at 7AM, then that should have been before the icecream sighting...

And yes, decoys are very likely at this stage.

My reading on the blog was that they woke up at 7 am from their homes.  Got their picnic supplies loaded up.  Drove to the marina.  Wanted to go up the the grassy area.  Encountered production barricades.  Elected to have the picnic below.  Had the picnic.  Saw racers sometime before they left the marina.

That's why I thought the sighting could be sometime around noon.  Typical end of leg time, no?
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline ltvols

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #412 on: December 16, 2009, 04:17:45 PM »
That's how I read it so if the leg ended around noonish, with the 12 hour or more mandatory pit stop, it would have put them at the airport (if indeed they were leaving singapore after that) not before midnight.   If perhaps it was later in the day, it could put them at the airport NOW for an mid morning departure!  Right now, it's 6:17 am

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #413 on: December 16, 2009, 04:57:19 PM »
Now, the Marina Barrage is a perfect pitstop. I was somewhere near there ytd as well!

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #414 on: December 16, 2009, 05:46:59 PM »
Sorry but I'm a bit lost from all these posts... can someone answer me these questions and/or give me a recap of recent events...

1. Who spotted the cameraman in Singapore at the ice cream shop? Is this confirmed for US TAR16? If not, what are the possibilities? TAR Asia?

2. Is Phil, McDonalds photo confirmed as Penang on the 14th Dec? How come the guy who posted it on twitter hasnt given any further info?

3. How does Kota Kinabalu come into this?
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #415 on: December 16, 2009, 05:49:32 PM »
and even Boise, ID  :cmaslol

Watch what you say! :cmas28 :ythat:

And given this that was just posted...

One more Facebook post, from someone in Singapore 2 hours ago (5:30am, Singapore time):

Thank you guys.... check out the AMAZING RACE ASIA...... Saw the filming at Singapore flyer & Sentosa. Due the the show, they close the flyer from public until 12.30pm, we were way too early...end up took the flyer in the evening. A great trip..

I speculate that this is actually TAR Asia and that we may very well have been fooled.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 05:53:51 PM by Hooky »
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #416 on: December 16, 2009, 06:04:48 PM »
So if they had a 12 hr pitstop and leave pit between 12-2am. Then get the airport to fly out. There are a few popular cities.
Three flights to Johannesburg at 2:30am
Four flights to hong kong at 2:05am and one at 3am, two more at 6:50am
Four flights to Bangkok one at 3:30am and one at 3:55 am, two more at 6:45am
Two to Tokyo both at 6am
Three to Kuala Lumpur all at 6:45am

Ryan,
It's important to sort out the easterly destinations from the westerly. The probability that the Amazing Race would use Penang, Singapore or Malaysia as the turning point to head back west to reach the U.S. is negligible, so that would indicate Johannesburg does not need further consideration. The next stop could be in Bangkok (just a little west but also north which is crucial at some point), Tokyo(although that was just done in AR15; however, a connection in Narita is a possibility from wherever the next stop is), Kuala Lumpur or about 14 other large metropolitan areas in East Asia. Here are some possiblities, several of which have had recent Amazing Races visit:

Kuala Lumpur
Bali
Jakarta
Bangkok
Vientiane
Phnom Penh
Ho Chi Minh City
Hanoi
Guangzhou
Chongqing
Xian
Shanghai
Beijing
Taipei
Osaka
Seoul

All 17 have approximately the same low probability, maybe in the 3% range.

I like the prospects for a stop in Australia or New Zealand as the way back to the U.S., but it could be Manila, unvisited by the Amazing Race since AR5. I think all of these 3 possibilities have about a 10% to 15% probability each.

Offline fijibeachbum

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #417 on: December 16, 2009, 06:15:56 PM »
While I have not a clue in the sleuthing aspect, I throw this out for the experts.
I fear that IF Manilla was the plan, there was a volcanic eruption in the Phillipines this morning. Could they have had to alter the plans? Just guessing....

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #418 on: December 16, 2009, 06:20:44 PM »
While I have not a clue in the sleuthing aspect, I throw this out for the experts.
I fear that IF Manilla was the plan, there was a volcanic eruption in the Phillipines this morning. Could they have had to alter the plans? Just guessing....

That would be very strange and unprecedented if they did. Usually they plow ahead as planned, but I don't know what they would do in an event like this (maybe skip the leg altogether?). ???

They did skip a leg in the Family Edition, or so I have heard.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline fijibeachbum

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #419 on: December 16, 2009, 06:30:21 PM »
According to the news reports, 30,000 to 50,000 people have been evacuated due to the early rumblings of the Mayon volcano in the Albay province in the central part of the country.  They began evacuating people as a precaution and are forecasting an imminent major eruption. Not sure if this would affect traveling into and out of the country or not. The area is about 300 miles south of Manila.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 06:35:11 PM by fijibeachbum »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #420 on: December 16, 2009, 07:09:18 PM »
TAR Asia is not filming ..........

http://twitter.com/wulander
http://www.wulander.com/

Offline kyla

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #421 on: December 16, 2009, 07:16:17 PM »
this couple jordan and jeff i might be wrong but they look like them

Yes, that's them.

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #422 on: December 16, 2009, 07:17:15 PM »

Yes, that's them.

It's them but they don't look race like or anything,..
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline jmb510

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #423 on: December 16, 2009, 07:19:39 PM »

Yes, that's them.

It's them but they don't look race like or anything,..

Offline Ryan83

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #424 on: December 16, 2009, 07:21:20 PM »
IMHO...thats a pretty odd photo for ppl on the Amazing Race... Maybe they were out the second leg?!?!? Just seems very odd. After racing you I dont think you can leave the pit stop, BC you have to have 12 hours of sleep. Maybe Mexico is were the eliminated house is at??? This just ruined my night if thats the case. Now I am down big time ha