Author Topic: Speculation on TAR16 *no wish-lists please*  (Read 277690 times)

Offline DianeC

• RFF Full Member
Re: Speculation on TAR16 *no wish-lists please*
« Reply #375 on: December 15, 2009, 07:28:01 PM »
vou ver the amazing race 14x03
less than a minute ago from web

This person is in Brazil..is this possible?

Google translation
I see the amazing race 14x03
less than a minute ago from web
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 07:31:35 PM by DianeC »

Offline Hellataz

• RFF Not So Newbie
    • Jeff and Jordan Fan site
« Reply #376 on: December 15, 2009, 07:44:14 PM »
They are probably talking about watching season 14 episode 3. 14x3 is sometimes how downloaded shows are referred to online.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #377 on: December 15, 2009, 07:49:33 PM »
 :cmas26

Yeah Peach!  Your 1st 20K !

Keep running  :cmas9
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline DianeC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #378 on: December 15, 2009, 07:49:55 PM »
 :cmas4
Hi Taz....Ahhh ..now that makes sense...Thx for the help & decoding!!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #379 on: December 15, 2009, 08:18:50 PM »
I can tell you with certainty that TAR 16 has not finished yet, so that comment has to refer to M/C last season. Darn them for not posting about it then!!  :cmaslol

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #380 on: December 15, 2009, 08:34:02 PM »
Congrats, Peach! :cmas26

My friends working at Changi have confirmed (re-confirmed, after Joab) that this is none of the three McDonald's in Singapore. Oh, well!

tuaran-inanam-bundusan-lintas-sempelang-tg aru-wisma merdeka-karamunsing-lintas-sempelang

Was just in Sabah over the summer! Tanjung Aru is the train station in Kota Kinabalu, and Inanam is the long-distance bus station. Already too much public transportation for our WRP producers! :cmaslol

Offline Hellataz

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #381 on: December 15, 2009, 08:49:38 PM »
The guy talking about the team fighting being filmed for TAR wrote back and said:
"Mention of TAR was purely a reference to Johnathan & Victoria."
So yet another bust.  :cmas4
Too bad i was hoping they would be going to Australia.

Also now that i think about it, that facebook post could be referring to a past meeting of a team at the airport. Dang it you TAR dectetives make this look easy, it's not...  :groan:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #382 on: December 15, 2009, 09:39:40 PM »
Some seasons are easier than others, this one is making us all work. And Twitter has added a whole new dimension, thank you all for keeping up with them!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #383 on: December 15, 2009, 09:41:25 PM »
Some seasons are easier than others, this one is making us all work. And Twitter has added a whole new dimension, thank you all for keeping up with them!

And it's kind of Ironic that a season with people who are previously have known has barely been spoiled at all so far! If this holds up it will make the actual season so much fun in a way, trying to dissect the promos to see what happens, when, and how the episode will work out.

Offline Izad

• " spoiler extraordinaire "
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #384 on: December 15, 2009, 10:00:09 PM »
Congrats on the 20K, Peach  :yess: :cmas26

Rich, I too was surprised when I saw the pictures of the KK airport. Apparently they had a makeover in 2008.

Offline YY

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #385 on: December 15, 2009, 10:11:02 PM »
I still really think that once the race moves into it's final leg, in the US, we're going to have sightings coming out of our ears, especially if JeJo are one of the final three teams.

Offline Ryan83

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #386 on: December 15, 2009, 10:35:17 PM »
I still really think that once the race moves into it's final leg, in the US, we're going to have sightings coming out of our ears, especially if JeJo are one of the final three teams.

Just BC JeJo race in the US doesnt mean they are final 3. BC there are 3 real teams and 3 decoy teams. So they could be either or, but there will be 6 teams racing in the US.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #387 on: December 15, 2009, 10:56:10 PM »

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they were. Mainly because they are carryovers from another show, and people who are already well known tend to do better than the "regulars." :P
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #388 on: December 15, 2009, 10:57:04 PM »
Congrats Peach! :jam: :cmas26 :cmas9
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #389 on: December 15, 2009, 10:57:37 PM »

This might be a good time to say then...think before you post. If you truly love the race as we do, you will not do anything that might impede the finale. Can you imagine the final 3 having to dodge a huge crowd of BB lovers on the way to the Mat? A ruined finale could cause the entire season to be scrapped. So think. This season in particular.

We want the finale to be able to be shot in peace. So if you find something related to the finale, think. You may want to consider checking with puddin or me before you post, to see if the info is safe to share, or whether it could impede filming. We did this in Portland when we knew the final location well ahead of time, and it all  worked out. It didn't hurt the spoilers to delay the end location reveal a day or so until the racers were safe. And it may have helped TAR...and we all want more TAR, right??

Twitter may preclude this, we'll have to see. We may not have the luxury of choosing what to reveal. I expect that the city itself may end up being revealed by sightings. But our hope is to have the finale shot in peace...... and THEN we can go to town!!  :yess:

Now back to our regularly scheduled program.  :cmaslol
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #390 on: December 15, 2009, 10:59:25 PM »
Happy 20,000, Peach! :cmas9 :cmas26 :cmas23
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #391 on: December 15, 2009, 11:02:40 PM »
Thank you Chateau and Neobie and Izad and racer and Hooky!   :kisses
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 11:27:04 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TARandJJFan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #392 on: December 16, 2009, 12:05:58 AM »
The new pic posted in the tweets thread sure does look like our TAR. Now that I think about it, the departure list of flights leaving from the airport that it's now believed Phil was at did include quite a few flights to Singapore. In fact, it was basically either Singapore or Kuala Limpur.

Offline Hellataz

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #393 on: December 16, 2009, 12:27:35 AM »

This might be a good time to say then...think before you post. If you truly love the race as we do, you will not do anything that might impede the finale. Can you imagine the final 3 having to dodge a huge crowd of BB lovers on the way to the Mat? A ruined finale could cause the entire season to be scrapped. So think. This season in particular.

We want the finale to be able to be shot in peace. So if you find something related to the finale, think. You may want to consider checking with puddin or me before you post, to see if the info is safe to share, or whether it could impede filming. We did this in Portland when we knew the final location well ahead of time, and it all  worked out. It didn't hurt the spoilers to delay the end location reveal a day or so until the racers were safe. And it may have helped TAR...and we all want more TAR, right??

Twitter may preclude this, we'll have to see. We may not have the luxury of choosing what to reveal. I expect that the city itself may end up being revealed by sightings. But our hope is to have the finale shot in peace...... and THEN we can go to town!!  :yess:

Has this happened in the past? I can't honestly see a crowd of BB fans interferring with the finale. First of all, it's kinda hard to get that many BB fans together in one place without proper notice and secondly at the very least, you'd think the TAR producers could mange some crowd control staffers to keep the race path clear. I wont speak for any other BB fan or jejo fans, but if it was me and i managed to catch the finale leg live, I would just sit back and watch, even if your intentions were to try and help JEJO, why would you want to be responsible for endless board chatter about how JEJO only won cause their fans impeded the other racers. If Jeff and Jordan get far in this race, i want them to get full credit for doing a great job, not have their racing ability questioned.

The Truth is that Phil is probably more recognizable then JEJO. As popular as this last season of BB was, it still dosen't compete with TAR ratings. So I guess thats why i couldn't imagine an incident as you described.

That said GO TEAM JEJO  :cmas9 And I yeild to all you awesome TAR chasers here, I suck at it and am in awe of your tenacity.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #394 on: December 16, 2009, 12:32:15 AM »

We want the finale to be able to be shot in peace. So if you find something related to the finale, think. You may want to consider checking with puddin or me before you post, to see if the info is safe to share, or whether it could impede filming. We did this in Portland when we knew the final location well ahead of time, and it all  worked out. It didn't hurt the spoilers to delay the end location reveal a day or so until the racers were safe. And it may have helped TAR...and we all want more TAR, right??

Twitter may preclude this, we'll have to see. We may not have the luxury of choosing what to reveal. I expect that the city itself may end up being revealed by sightings. But our hope is to have the finale shot in peace...... and THEN we can go to town!!  :yess:

Hurt my scores in the prediction games though.  :knuckles:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #395 on: December 16, 2009, 01:10:15 AM »

We want the finale to be able to be shot in peace. So if you find something related to the finale, think. You may want to consider checking with puddin or me before you post, to see if the info is safe to share, or whether it could impede filming. We did this in Portland when we knew the final location well ahead of time, and it all  worked out. It didn't hurt the spoilers to delay the end location reveal a day or so until the racers were safe. And it may have helped TAR...and we all want more TAR, right??

Twitter may preclude this, we'll have to see. We may not have the luxury of choosing what to reveal. I expect that the city itself may end up being revealed by sightings. But our hope is to have the finale shot in peace...... and THEN we can go to town!!  :yess:

Has this happened in the past? I can't honestly see a crowd of BB fans interferring with the finale. First of all, it's kinda hard to get that many BB fans together in one place without proper notice and secondly at the very least, you'd think the TAR producers could mange some crowd control staffers to keep the race path clear. I wont speak for any other BB fan or jejo fans, but if it was me and i managed to catch the finale leg live, I would just sit back and watch, even if your intentions were to try and help JEJO, why would you want to be responsible for endless board chatter about how JEJO only won cause their fans impeded the other racers. If Jeff and Jordan get far in this race, i want them to get full credit for doing a great job, not have their racing ability questioned.

The Truth is that Phil is probably more recognizable then JEJO. As popular as this last season of BB was, it still dosen't compete with TAR ratings. So I guess thats why i couldn't imagine an incident as you described.

That said GO TEAM JEJO  :cmas9 And I yeild to all you awesome TAR chasers here, I suck at it and am in awe of your tenacity.

Go read the thread when the race (TAR 13) finished in Portland...it was insane that day. And yes, had we posted the info we had, it could very well have ruined the finale.

I am not saying just BB fans, but TAR fans, curiousity seekers, media...all that changes things. I just want us to be careful of the final location, is all.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Hellataz

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #396 on: December 16, 2009, 01:26:35 AM »
Go read the thread when the race (TAR 13) finished in Portland...it was insane that day. And yes, had we posted the info we had, it could very well have ruined the finale.

I am not saying just BB fans, but TAR fans, curiousity seekers, media...all that changes things. I just want us to be careful of the final location, is all.

Understandable, I mean i get people wanting to be there to watch it, but I guess it takes all kinds to try and interfer with the outcome. Heck I was mad at the train in season 6 that stopped Kris and Jon, and that was uncontrollable, I can't imagine how miffed i'd be if it was fans in the way.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #397 on: December 16, 2009, 04:15:39 AM »
Okay...help me think this through.

We saw Phil at McD's in what we now believe is Penang airport about 5PM on the 14th.

Say he was done with teams by 2PM or so....and IF they had a 36 hour pitstop...then theoretically they could be released around 2AM on the 16th...in which case the first flight they could get puts them into Singapore 12-16 about 1045 AM on the 16th, giving them time to do tasks and be done before joab got there.

Right? or not?? ??? anyway...we should be able to figure out possible timings for the last leg or two...

Here are the Penang to Singapore flights for reference. First is the 15th, second is the 16th.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #398 on: December 16, 2009, 04:21:08 AM »
The point of this being that that teams could be going to the airport again soon, and oh wouldn't we love to know the next stop??  Sometime after 12-2AM if it is a 12 hour pitstop.... but prob can't get out so soon.

so someone checking the airport would be wonderful. :luvu:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Ryan83

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #399 on: December 16, 2009, 05:08:19 AM »
So if they had a 12 hr pitstop and leave pit between 12-2am. Then get the airport to fly out. There are a few popular cities.
Three flights to Johannesburg at 2:30am
Four flights to hong kong at 2:05am and one at 3am, tewo more at 6:50am
Four flights to Bangkok one at 3:30am and one at 3:55 am, two more at 6:45am
Two to Tokyo both at 6am
Three to Kuala Lumpur all at 6:45am