Author Topic: Speculation on TAR16 *no wish-lists please*  (Read 278815 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: Speculation on TAR16 *no wish-lists please*
« Reply #325 on: December 14, 2009, 09:22:01 PM »
Definitely a match!

We don't have that in Singapore... not anywhere close. :cmaslol

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #326 on: December 14, 2009, 09:24:33 PM »
You are cracking me up!!   :cmaslol Thank goodness today wasn't trash day!  :jam:

And thanks heyhay!! Always nice to have everything together, I should have been clearer.  :cmas17
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Izad

• " spoiler extraordinaire "
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #327 on: December 14, 2009, 09:26:51 PM »
*wipes keyboard clean*

:cmas50 :cmas50 :cmas50

I do think it's just a stop over. So.. the teams might go through Singapore for all we know. I'll keep a look out for them tonight (wish I can take the day off from work for this!)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #328 on: December 14, 2009, 09:29:15 PM »
Definitely. I'm trying to look up if anyone spotted the cluebox which people claimed they have spotted in Singapore as well! :cmas20

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #329 on: December 14, 2009, 09:32:59 PM »
*wipes keyboard clean*

:cmas50 :cmas50 :cmas50

I do think it's just a stop over. So.. the teams might go through Singapore for all we know. I'll keep a look out for them tonight (wish I can take the day off from work for this!)

I don't know...KL seems a less likely transit zone to me than say, Singapore or Bangkok would be. I am wondering if they possibly could be starting out from there?? :duno: but something to consider.

I clearly need to go look at flights now...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #330 on: December 14, 2009, 09:35:53 PM »
Still don't know how this can be Singapore. Ive been to at least 3 terminals in Singapore in my time (including the brand new one). They usually have an open plan store, not a store where you walk through a door into a room.

Also, the McDonalds packaging is very similar around the world and chairs are too.

This must be a transit stop, waiting for a departure. No evidence that they stopped in the country for a leg, however it could be the crew leaving straight after a pit stop for the next leg.
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #331 on: December 14, 2009, 09:39:16 PM »
RichInSydney, if TAR did come to S'pore and do a leg... it will not be quiet. :cmaslol

And it's not a Macs in S'pore as i've said before. We don't serve the burger that Phil was chomping down on. :cmaslol

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #332 on: December 14, 2009, 09:44:27 PM »
heyhay is doing a hell of a job  :yess: :jam:

What about me? :cmas13
Sorry about that you get >>>>>>>>  :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam: :cmas26

Offline Izad

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #333 on: December 14, 2009, 09:45:27 PM »

I don't know...KL seems a less likely transit zone to me than say, Singapore or Bangkok would be. I am wondering if they possibly could be starting out from there?? :duno: but something to consider.

Peach, keep me updated. If they are starting out from here, it only makes sense that Phil leaves at least a day earlier than the other teams. I'm going to the airport later tonight to check if it really fits the Phil picture... if it IS KLIA, I'll probably spend a couple of hours there.. you know.. just in case.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #334 on: December 14, 2009, 09:47:03 PM »
Still don't know how this can be Singapore. Ive been to at least 3 terminals in Singapore in my time (including the brand new one). They usually have an open plan store, not a store where you walk through a door into a room.

Also, the McDonalds packaging is very similar around the world and chairs are too.

This must be a transit stop, waiting for a departure. No evidence that they stopped in the country for a leg, however it could be the crew leaving straight after a pit stop for the next leg.

Okay...so we are thinking Phil is in KL, not Singapore.

The blog mentions of Singapore today were...less than convincing.

No one is saying anything yet, this is how we work...we have to consider all possibilities.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #335 on: December 14, 2009, 09:49:26 PM »
Great Izad!! here are some departures that I think would have been in the right time frame...(assuming pic was taken/tweeted about 5 AM my time, that is 6Pm KL time, 12-14.)

« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 10:44:33 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #336 on: December 14, 2009, 09:50:23 PM »
Of course, if they are going to Bangkok, they can get ANYWHERE. :(
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #337 on: December 14, 2009, 10:04:35 PM »

Peach, keep me updated. If they are starting out from here, it only makes sense that Phil leaves at least a day earlier than the other teams. I'm going to the airport later tonight to check if it really fits the Phil picture... if it IS KLIA, I'll probably spend a couple of hours there.. you know.. just in case.

Thanks so much IZAD!! Always a pleasure!! Buy yourself a Mac on me!!  :kisses And yes, I'll let you know if anything changes.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #338 on: December 14, 2009, 10:08:52 PM »
I speculate a visit to Sabah or Sarawak, since Phil's in KL.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #339 on: December 14, 2009, 10:12:27 PM »
Random note:

We're about to witness history in the making...

PEACH REACHING 20,000 VOTES. :cmaslol :cmaslol :cmaslol :cmaslol

Offline TARandJJFan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #340 on: December 14, 2009, 10:26:42 PM »
I would bet, though, that if they were photographed eating at around 6pm their time that they wouldn't be getting on any flights departing before somewhere around 6:45. Airlines usually start boarding flights about 30 mins before departure time. I don't know about everyone else, but if I go somewhere to eat inside the airport while waiting on a connecting flight I usually try to make it back to the gate I'm supposed to board from at least 45 mins before my plane is supposed to leave.  :cmas5

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #341 on: December 14, 2009, 10:28:37 PM »
A 7.30pm to 8.30pm flight, IMO.

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #342 on: December 14, 2009, 10:45:51 PM »
The McDonald's is in the International satelite terminal. For the crew to be travelling onto another domestic destination from this photo, I remember you get the train to the other terminal and have to pass customs. The domestic terminal does not have much there let alone a McDonalds. Therefore they must have been travelling onto another country when the photo was taken?

I suggest they could have either stopped in Malaysia before this photo (eg, Kuching, Sabah, etc)  then traveled back to KL and transit off to another country, or they are in transit from another country onto another country not stopping in Malaysia.

Brunei could be a possibility?
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #343 on: December 14, 2009, 10:47:12 PM »
A 7.30pm to 8.30pm flight, IMO.

Depatures 8-9PM added in.... ^^

And hey...give me some spoilers to work with and I could hit 30000 by morning!!

:talk
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #344 on: December 14, 2009, 11:42:36 PM »
Random note:

We're about to witness history in the making...

PEACH REACHING 20,000 VOTES. :cmaslol :cmaslol :cmaslol :cmaslol
Congrats Peach! :kisses

Also, just my hunch, but according to my gut feeling, they're probably revisiting India. Then again, my gut had some recently digested McDonald's products in it! :cmaslol :cmas19
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Izad

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #345 on: December 15, 2009, 01:07:09 AM »
Thanks rich. Unfortunately I can confirm that the Phil picture was not taken at the mcDonalds in KLIA or LCCT. Different seats and seating arrangents. (I just dropped by both locations to confirm it) :(

the tweet seems like it's in Javanese. Perhaps they're in Indonesia?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #346 on: December 15, 2009, 01:21:16 AM »
Thanks rich. Unfortunately I can confirm that the Phil picture was not taken at the mcDonalds in KLIA or LCCT. Different seats and seating arrangents. (I just dropped by both locations to confirm it) :(

Thanks Izad  :kisses  :cmas20 and nice effort guys and gals!!

Offline TARandJJFan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #347 on: December 15, 2009, 01:37:25 AM »

Can you access all the restaurants without going through security? I know most airports that I've been in the places that you eat are inside the security checkpoints.

Offline Izad

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #348 on: December 15, 2009, 04:13:18 AM »

Can you access all the restaurants without going through security? I know most airports that I've been in the places that you eat are inside the security checkpoints.

The McDonalds in KLIA and LCCT airports, yes. I double confirmed with my brother (who's a pilot).. while there are other restaurants,  he mentioned that there were no McDonalds within the satellite building in KLIA (the area past the customs and security checkpoints).. he better not accidentally 'forget' that there's one, though 
:meow:

(the picture with the schoolkids was taken at KLIA.. but not the one with Phil, unfortunately. The partitions were different, and so were the seats.. and the angle with the red wall is not the same as the one there :()

Offline Izad

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #349 on: December 15, 2009, 05:15:54 AM »
FWIW, an indonesian friend roughly translated this for me

"seru kok, cuma gw peserta ya ngk mau ngurus -_____-

"it's happening (or exciting), except that i'm busy organizing" or "except i dont want to organize"? "peserta" would refer to racers.