Author Topic: Speculation on TAR16 *no wish-lists please*  (Read 277610 times)

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Speculation on TAR16 *no wish-lists please*
« Reply #200 on: December 07, 2009, 09:13:03 PM »
* Leg 1 United States → Chile
* Leg 2 Chile
* Leg 3 Chile → Paraguay
* Leg 4 Paraguay → South Africa
* Leg 5 South Africa → Angola
* Leg 6 Angola → Spain
* Leg 7 Spain  → Portugal
* Leg 8 Portugal
* Leg 9 Portugal → Belarus
* Leg 10 Belarus  → Sri Lanka
* Leg 11 Sri Lanka  → People's Republic of China
* Leg 12 People's Republic of China  → Canada  → United States

I really hate to be mean, but...

The timeline suggests that even if the Paraguay sightings are legit, there would have to be a leg between Bariloche and Asuncion. Masem's probably just pulling something out of thin air.

Furthermore, WHERE'S THE LEG FOR BARILOCHE?

Ummmmm...... in Bariloche???????:-[

I was thinking Bariloche was part of the leg in Puerto Varas, but since we have a picture of a pit stop in Puerto Varas, Bariloche has to be a separate leg. I'd say my train of thought has been pretty thoroughly derailed.  :-[

Tough room. It's like trying to slip a pork chop past a starving pit bull.  :colors

I'm still thinking that a long pit stop was likely in Bariloche due to the limited airline flights, though as a novice flight detective, I'm sure there are better flight search engines than what I found. And I'm still going to be intrigued if the next countries are South Africa and Angola.

Plaidmoon

Plaidmoon

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #201 on: December 07, 2009, 09:15:05 PM »
Oh please with the Wiki guys  :groan: :groan: , I'd like to ban that word!

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #202 on: December 07, 2009, 09:24:27 PM »

I know. The amount of meaningless information on there is incredible. I'm doing an assignment right now based on creating, writing, and editing a page and from this, its become really easy to figure out what on there is true and what isn't even close. 

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #203 on: December 07, 2009, 09:29:16 PM »

I know. The amount of meaningless information on there is incredible. I'm doing an assignment right now based on creating, writing, and editing a page and from this, its become really easy to figure out what on there is true and what isn't even close. 
My posture on wikipedia has always been:
"Reading a Wikipedia is the same thing as asking a friend about something. It is as certain and reliable as that"
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #204 on: December 07, 2009, 09:51:44 PM »
thank you for the free internet asu...

Can someone check if there is indeed free internet at Asuncion Intl Airport?

The Paraguay Civil Aviation Authority website is disappointing, to say the least...

Offline fijibeachbum

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #205 on: December 07, 2009, 10:17:43 PM »
Still trying to find out if there's internet.
Looks like there are only 2 flights to Capetown (if that's where they are headed) each day, 5:10 a.m. and 10:50 a.m. So if the tweeter left before the racers got there, perhaps they took the 10:50 flight to arrive at a variety of times ranging from 1:50pm to 9:50pm the next day.

Offline kittygoesmeow

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #206 on: December 07, 2009, 10:18:45 PM »
thank you for the free internet asu...

Can someone check if there is indeed free internet at Asuncion Intl Airport?

The Paraguay Civil Aviation Authority website is disappointing, to say the least...

Doesn't show up here:

http://www.wififreespot.com/airport.html

Although I guess there could be options at restaurants?

EDIT: Looks like a restaurant called Havanna might have it.

EDIT #2: Yeah, Havanna gives out temporary internet passwords (with a purchase).
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 10:28:19 PM by kittygoesmeow »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #207 on: December 07, 2009, 10:22:03 PM »
I was going to put this in tech-notes, but here is just as good:
Google has introduced their Translate functions into a plugin for the main search page. Type in an English search term (include a place). When you get your results click "show options" and find "translated search" at the bottom of the sidebar. It will translate into what it thinks is an appropriate language. If you type "pettirossi airport free internet access" one of the hits is this page, which mentions the airports "wi-fi" (free, I don't know).

Offline fijibeachbum

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #208 on: December 07, 2009, 10:29:05 PM »
According to atlarge dot com, and a search of the airport name, there is internet and wifi access at the airport. It doesn't say if it's free or not.

Offline YY

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #209 on: December 07, 2009, 10:43:16 PM »
According to atlarge dot com, and a search of the airport name, there is internet and wifi access at the airport. It doesn't say if it's free or not.

You'd think wifi access would be free at an airport, but then again a bottle of water costs $8978970987 at an airport.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #210 on: December 07, 2009, 11:26:40 PM »
SPEC:

Though wiki is the devil, I suspect there might be a leg (the leg following Bariloche/Asuncion, in fact) in Spain/Portugal; I'm not as certain that they're gonna finally go back to Africa, and with the number of direct flights from South America to Madrid, it would allow TPTB to easily transition to the Eurasian legs that are bound to happen.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #211 on: December 07, 2009, 11:31:27 PM »
masem is a long-time poster at TWoP, as well as a moderator for Wikipedia.

I doubt he posted the alleged list, rather, he removed a list someone put in there, It's speculative, and I seriously doubt given the cost conservation the show has been following the last few seasons, that any future season of TAR will go to that many countries in the same season. Some of those countries are feasible this time around, but I don't think any European country is likely. I can see them doing South America, Africa, Oceania, but not Europe, and probably not mainland Asia this time around.

-- theschnauzers

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #212 on: December 08, 2009, 12:30:48 AM »

You'd think wifi access would be free at an airport, but then again a bottle of water costs $8978970987 at an airport.
Most wifi providers at airports are usually private companies that charge a huge amount of money to navigate *cough*15€/15 minutes*cough* but most of the times if you find a McDonald's it's like finding gold.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #213 on: December 08, 2009, 01:20:31 AM »
I hope it's true, but I very much doubt the Paraguay leg is legit -- even ignoring the time gap, the numerous South America seem to turn up a bit wrt criticism of TAR7 and TAR:AS (both of which only had four legs). They'd be out of their mind to go for five. I'd say Bariloche to Germany makes more sense. After all, we went Bariloche to Russia in TAR5.

If Germany does turn out to be true, I hope to God, Allah, Buddha, and the assorted Hindu deities they're probably going to base a task around in the next visit to India that we stay in the north of the country this time. I'd prefer Hamburg out of all the main choices, but Frankfurt and Berlin would both be preferable to yet another Munich visit.

DavidJunior

« Reply #214 on: December 08, 2009, 01:35:10 AM »
I hope it's true, but I very much doubt the Paraguay leg is legit -- even ignoring the time gap, the numerous South America seem to turn up a bit wrt criticism of TAR7 and TAR:AS (both of which only had four legs). They'd be out of their mind to go for five. I'd say Bariloche to Germany makes more sense. After all, we went Bariloche to Russia in TAR5.

If Germany does turn out to be true, I hope to God, Allah, Buddha, and the assorted Hindu deities they're probably going to base a task around in the next visit to India that we stay in the north of the country this time. I'd prefer Hamburg out of all the main choices, but Frankfurt and Berlin would both be preferable to yet another Munich visit.

Germany might also bring hope to African legs  :hearts:
2/4 times they visited Germany, an African country was the stop before it
(Morocco- Season 3, Senegal- Season 6)
however, they've never done Germany - Africa yet, and having an african leg in between the supposed Bariloche - Germany doesn't really fit, so...  :duno:

EDIT: does this post need to go to speculation, since that's basically what it is?...
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 01:39:03 AM by DavidJunior »

Offline kyla

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #215 on: December 08, 2009, 04:35:08 AM »
My only problem with Diureticalorder's tweet is that the first and only Tweet was in April and then nothing. Then all of a sudden. desided to tweet again and the third tweet is about TAR. What you guys think?

Also, they say they hate reality television. And never watch it. So how did they know that TAR's flags are red and yellow?

But even if they are telling the truth, we still don't know for sure that it's TAR-related. They said that they didn't actually see any teams. It also doesn't fit in with the timeline of the show to spend this much time in South America. Either there's 5 or so legs in South America or they're spending a LOT of time on legs 3 and 4.

Which is why I'm more apt to believe the Germany route. The article that mentioned it seems to come from a legitimate newspaper in Bariloche. And the way it was written, they were saying that Germany was where they went when they left Bariloche (so it would've been Leg 4). So I don't think both the Germany and Paraguay info can be right.

Offline kittygoesmeow

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #216 on: December 08, 2009, 09:23:20 AM »

It's even worse on the plane  :ascared

I don't know if you guys saw my edit or not, but it looks like there's a restaurant in the airport called Havanna (or maybe Havana) that gives out temporary internet passwords with a purchase.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #217 on: December 08, 2009, 09:28:02 AM »
She never saw the flags, someone she talked to in BA that described decals on a fleet of cars and TAR All Stars spent 4 legs in South America.

My only problem with Diureticalorder's tweet is that the first and only Tweet was in April and then nothing. Then all of a sudden. desided to tweet again and the third tweet is about TAR. What you guys think?

Also, they say they hate reality television. And never watch it. So how did they know that TAR's flags are red and yellow?

But even if they are telling the truth, we still don't know for sure that it's TAR-related. They said that they didn't actually see any teams. It also doesn't fit in with the timeline of the show to spend this much time in South America. Either there's 5 or so legs in South America or they're spending a LOT of time on legs 3 and 4.

Which is why I'm more apt to believe the Germany route. The article that mentioned it seems to come from a legitimate newspaper in Bariloche. And the way it was written, they were saying that Germany was where they went when they left Bariloche (so it would've been Leg 4). So I don't think both the Germany and Paraguay info can be right.

Offline kyla

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #218 on: December 08, 2009, 10:44:09 AM »
She never saw the flags, someone she talked to in BA that described decals on a fleet of cars and TAR All Stars spent 4 legs in South America.

She said:

also mari just spoke to uno porteno who saw a bunch of hoopties lined up outside w/ red/yellow stickers. deffo the amazing race

How would she know that red/yellow stickers meant Amazing Race if she's never seen the show?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #219 on: December 08, 2009, 10:50:46 AM »

She said:

also mari just spoke to uno porteno who saw a bunch of hoopties lined up outside w/ red/yellow stickers. deffo the amazing race

How would she know that red/yellow stickers meant Amazing Race if she's never seen the show?

Are you looking to argue kyla? When directly questioned she replied:

my friend spoke to an older man from BA about what was up. he saw crappy #ed cars lined up with decals(?)-lost in translation         

Is its fake we'll know sooner or later okay? I'm hoping for photo evidence so we'll see how it pans out or not.

Offline kyla

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #220 on: December 08, 2009, 11:04:11 AM »

Are you looking to argue kyla? When directly questioned she replied:

Is its fake we'll know sooner or later okay? I'm hoping for photo evidence so we'll see how it pans out or not.

Not at all. I was speculating. I thought that was the point of this thread? Just pointing out that some things don't add up with the Paraguay info. Not just with the person on twitter, but with the article that mentioned them going to Germany.

Well, we'll find out everything eventually, won't we?

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #221 on: December 08, 2009, 11:40:34 AM »
You should've seen last season. RFF had many sources and thus knew 90% of the entire race course weeks before the press release. This time, we aren't getting as much info (so there is a slight possibility that they might be in some secluded place like Africa).

P.S. Suggestion to the CBS people reading this: Africa is good!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 12:13:43 PM by Caelestor »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #222 on: December 08, 2009, 11:50:41 AM »
This is normal. Just wait....it comes. :)

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TARandJJFan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #223 on: December 08, 2009, 11:53:37 AM »
I realize a lot of people don't like the idea of them spending so much time in one place. But, since they did it in TAR 7 with Rob/Amber's first season, it's definitely possible. Just because you don't want something to be true doesn't mean that it isn't.  :duno:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 08, 2009, 11:58:29 AM »
I realize a lot of people don't like the idea of them spending so much time in one place. But, since they did it in TAR 7 with Rob/Amber's first season, it's definitely possible. Just because you don't want something to be true doesn't mean that it isn't.  :duno:

Oh thanks I wasn't aware of this.