Author Topic: Speculation on TAR16 *no wish-lists please*  (Read 277106 times)

Offline YY

• RFF Full Member
Re: Speculation on TAR16 *no wish-lists please*
« Reply #125 on: December 01, 2009, 09:02:25 AM »
Okay, this doesn't make sense though. At 4:34 a.m. on 11/30 the guy said he saw J/J in red shirts. But there was a tweet at 5:06 p.m. on 11/29 from Melzaroo who said he got asked for directions from J/J, and they were wearing baby blue and black.

As we all know, the pit stops are 12 hours long. So let's say J/J were headed to the pit stop when Melzaroo saw them. Let's say that they got there and weren't eliminated. Even if it was shortly after Melzaroo's tweet that wouldn't leave enough time for a 12 hour pit stop before the 4:34 a.m. tweet having them wearing red, as he said in a later tweet.

Something doesn't add up for me.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #126 on: December 01, 2009, 09:36:52 AM »
Okay, this doesn't make sense though. At 4:34 a.m. on 11/30 the guy said he saw J/J in red shirts. But there was a tweet at 5:06 p.m. on 11/29 from Melzaroo who said he got asked for directions from J/J, and they were wearing baby blue and black.

As we all know, the pit stops are 12 hours long. So let's say J/J were headed to the pit stop when Melzaroo saw them. Let's say that they got there and weren't eliminated. Even if it was shortly after Melzaroo's tweet that wouldn't leave enough time for a 12 hour pit stop before the 4:34 a.m. tweet having them wearing red, as he said in a later tweet.

Welcome to the forum, YY.

Boy do you have a LOT to learn about pitstops.........

:groan: :groan: :groan: :groan: :groan:
Matthew 7:15

Offline bigsby

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #127 on: December 01, 2009, 09:47:39 AM »

This might help. This tweet was around the same time as that one but from someone else:

@LoreLesLadoEn el terminal del turbus unas camaras siguiendo a una pareja onda the amazing race
Translated:
In the terminal Turbus a couple cameras following a wave The Amazing Race

Now that is from a translator so that may not be the complete translation.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #128 on: December 01, 2009, 09:59:07 AM »
Thanks bigsby, I think we have that already.

And yes, pitstops  can be 12 (+/-), 24H, 36H....

It is possible that our first one was 24 H.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #129 on: December 01, 2009, 10:53:54 AM »
Hmmmm...thank you! You are the second person who has mentioned that to me in the last hour! So warrents a very close look.

:welcome: to RFF!

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/newsid=1141594.html#lights+camera+action

And would TPTB be clever enough (or mean enough) to send Caitlin to South Africa in light of her moment of infamy (because they're probably not going to send her to the Iraq)?

I might be wrong, but I've already assumed that the entire route is finalized before they have the teams. I really can't see the production just making up the route as they go (unless something pop's up and they have to change a location at that time, which I think has happened before). So, I don't see the route being made based on the teams.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #130 on: December 01, 2009, 11:13:45 AM »
And would TPTB be clever enough (or mean enough) to send Caitlin to South Africa in light of her moment of infamy (because they're probably not going to send her to the Iraq)?

Good chance they'd hit some "the Asian countries" though!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #131 on: December 01, 2009, 11:38:05 AM »
Barring last minute complications, redwings is right...Route would be finalized well before contestants.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline YY

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #132 on: December 01, 2009, 01:33:09 PM »

People don't always tweet immediately...sometimes it is hours later...so times are not ever reliable unless they say "right now' or "an hour ago"

tweet time, response time doesn't matter...what matters is the time they saw whatever.

You have to ask the right questions!

Oh I know, I was just saying his first tweet about seeing the three lost teams was less than 12 hours after the one that said JJ asked them for directions and that they were wearing blue. Just seemed weird.

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #133 on: December 01, 2009, 01:34:12 PM »
Catlin Upton has brown hair now,Jordan has blonde hair.

Offline ottopilot

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #134 on: December 01, 2009, 02:18:07 PM »
Catlin Upton has brown hair now,Jordan has blonde hair.

Hmmm, her hair looks more blonde to me in the airport pics, but maybe it was Jordan who slapped Brent (are there no other blondes?), isn't it the person who said they saw a guy push a girl who then hit him? So there had to be at least 2 teams there?

Offline ottopilot

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #135 on: December 01, 2009, 02:33:12 PM »
This thread is for tweets and sightings ONLY please! Take the discussion to the speculation thread please.... y'all are making me run over here for a discussion of blonde vs brunette?? :lol:

And while I am at it...please READ THE THREAD before you comment. There were no racers slapping anyone.   But I might! :funny:

Sorry I guess Dan said "hits" not slaps...

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #136 on: December 01, 2009, 03:22:05 PM »
i think dan could translator that if that okay

Offline heyhay28

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #137 on: December 01, 2009, 03:26:28 PM »
Hi.  I've been lurking for a few days and this is my first post.  I just saw this on twitter but it needs to be translated.  This guy's location is Brazil:

_gabrielaugusto: @vsn Você também assiste The Amazing Race?
2 minutes ago from web

If it's in Portuguese it might be

You also attend The Amazing Race?

and it looks like it is directed to someone so maybe they are asking a friend that question

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #138 on: December 01, 2009, 03:29:37 PM »
From Danielle:

DanielleVarey

Entertainment Weekly wants to use my pic of J&J for their next issue! Ahh!!    21 minutes ago   from TweetDeck  

I think I got to get her to next spring's TARcon, because I feel obligated to buy her a drink.  Anyway, so awesome; congrats to her!  I don't know whether it's too soon from EW to do that, but hats off to Danielle for her efforts!
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline ottopilot

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #139 on: December 01, 2009, 03:31:36 PM »
This thread is for tweets and sightings ONLY please! Take the discussion to the speculation thread please.... y'all are making me run over here for a discussion of blonde vs brunette?? :lol:

And while I am at it...please READ THE THREAD before you comment. There were no racers slapping anyone.   But I might! :funny:

Sorry I guess Dan said "hits" not slaps...

That had NOTHING to do with racers! :groan:

You can follow RFF, tory...

And :welcome2: to RFF jmb! And thanks!! But I think that is sonmething about watching the race... ^^ what kitty said~

Again, sorry...I misunderstood.  I thought that the tweets on this thread were about THe Amazing Race and the racers...not random tweets about people on the subway, so I assumed since it was translated and still on here that that is what they were referring to...it all makes sense now...what would we do without you guys to set us straight!  :hearts: Thanks again!

Offline Andr0id75

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #140 on: December 01, 2009, 03:46:32 PM »
hi there!
long time lurker, decided i would help out a bit.. im bored i have nothing else to do!

Found this on twitter, have no idea what it translates to though.

gabrieel_h
Vou ver alguma coisa enquanto baixa Amazing Race  
31 minutes ago from web

can see on his profile he also posted this,

Só o orangotag pra me ajudar a saber qual episódio de #TAR eu devo baixar. miquinlindo    
38 minutes ago   from web  

as well as

Semanas atrás a primeira coisa que eu baixava na segunda era Amazing Race. hoje...nem o da semana passada eu baixei    
41 minutes ago   from web  

and his location is Belo Horizonte, which is in Brazil!

edit: looks like he wants to download TAR episodes :( i doubt this is anything good.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 03:50:50 PM by Andr0id75 »

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 01, 2009, 03:51:40 PM »
He's talking about downloading an episode of amazing race lol

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #142 on: December 01, 2009, 04:46:05 PM »
Got stopped by the Amazing Race crew in downtown LA and signed a release form. Wonder if I'm gonna be on it. Look for the dude in a big white SUV that refuses to give a couple of ladies a ride. Hahaha.

No cars to the airport? :o

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #143 on: December 01, 2009, 04:48:52 PM »
We saw them running across the freeway entrance by tweets, Neobie...

Budget cuts?? :lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #144 on: December 01, 2009, 04:52:24 PM »
remver seasonn 6 had take the subway to the airport

Offline YY

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #145 on: December 01, 2009, 04:52:50 PM »
We saw them running across the freeway entrance by tweets, Neobie...

Budget cuts?? :lol3:

Okay, hilarious thought. We see Lydia screeching to a halt b/c she saw JJ tryign to get a taxi to the airport and gives them a ride instead. ;)

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #146 on: December 01, 2009, 05:53:48 PM »
Got stopped by the Amazing Race crew in downtown LA and signed a release form. Wonder if I'm gonna be on it. Look for the dude in a big white SUV that refuses to give a couple of ladies a ride. Hahaha.

But they're not allowed to ride in private cars, either.  Or is that just outside the US?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 05:56:57 PM by chill_sd »

Offline River

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #147 on: December 01, 2009, 05:56:02 PM »

But they're not allowed to ride in private cars, either.  Or is just that just outside the US?
This isn't supposed to be discussion, but Nathan and Jen got a penalty in Croatia for hitchhiking.

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #148 on: December 01, 2009, 06:12:23 PM »
On Saturday at 3:03pm, John Joo said:

Interesting that they needed a ride in LA? Maybe they didn't drive themselves to LAX.

EDIT: Didn't realize this thought was already in the other thread.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #149 on: December 02, 2009, 02:01:29 PM »
remver seasonn 6 had take the subway to the airport

zachry busch, it's clear you have never been to Chicago. Anyone there could tell you that the CTA subway to O'Hare is the quicker, easiest and cheapest way to get there, so why take a taxi?

However, the same logic applied to AR15 in Tokyo when in my opinion teams should have taken a high-speed frequent train the 77 miles instead of incurring a $200+ taxi bill. I am going to guess that World Race Productions made the decisions in the first leg instructions for both cases and did not leave it to the discretion of the teams.