Author Topic: Speculation on TAR16 *no wish-lists please*  (Read 277069 times)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Speculation on TAR16 *no wish-lists please*
« Reply #100 on: November 30, 2009, 03:51:07 PM »
I can't recall too many of the legs spent in Chile over past seasons, but does anyone remember any tasks that may be Switchback-able in this country?

You bet. The Fish Whisperer ROADBLOCK in Metri (suburb of Puerto Montt) in AR11 All-Stars was a good one. Teams obviously have to go south from the greater Santiago area to reach Puerto Montt. I don't expect teams to get to Isla Redonda again in AR16, but if they do the find-a-letter ROADBLOCK in the southermost post office was a classic.

Offline 2old4tech

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #101 on: November 30, 2009, 03:52:16 PM »
^^ Sooner rather than later.

As Caitlin reminds us, "Beauty Queens do it without a clue."

Offline Mazey35

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #102 on: November 30, 2009, 04:33:09 PM »
[/c :ascared
olor]Is there any new updates of anything,this is monday.11-30-09???
Anyone hear anything yet? There must be alot of people out there,in other countries, or even our country ,connected to the amazing race?
#16 should be in the 2nd destination by now,for sure?

Hope J&J are still hanging in!!!

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #103 on: November 30, 2009, 04:36:22 PM »
]Is there any new updates of anything,this is monday.11-30-09???
Anyone hear anything yet? There must be alot of people out there,in other countries, or even our country ,connected to the amazing race?
#16 should be in the 2nd destination by now,for sure?

Hope J&J are still hanging in!!!

There doesn't seem to be too much more on the contestants.  Check the other thread for a recent tweet about the bus station.  The second leg is probably in Chile.  (This has happened with other South American starts, if I'm not mistaken.)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #104 on: November 30, 2009, 04:48:08 PM »
A place to expand on the tweet leads!

saved for puddin

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #105 on: November 30, 2009, 04:48:25 PM »
saved for puddin
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline password

• Village Idiot
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #106 on: November 30, 2009, 04:56:02 PM »
is there any way i can get my ip address unblocked plz?

Offline YY

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #107 on: November 30, 2009, 05:12:16 PM »
I'm wondering if one of the mompreneurs (the first one in the pick, the longer and culier hair) is Gina Stern? I need someone who can confirm the faces for me. Pictures soon (no hotlinking!), once someone has confirmed/declined.

Who the hell is Gina Stern?

Offline :jerry:

• RFF Sr. Member
  • JTAR Season 1 is on RIGHT NOW!
« Reply #108 on: November 30, 2009, 07:39:42 PM »
Hey fellow RFFers! Jerry here,

Since TAR16 is just starting up, I would like a make a global tracking device. Here's the details:

First of all, I would like you guys to sign up, by PM me your whereabouts in the world. That helps us know who to look for in different situations.

Second of all, I would like you guys to report on whereabouts the race is spotted. REAL INFO ONLY.

Lastly, all that info will be concentrated into a map labeling RFFers' whereabouts and spottings around the world that will be updated time to time.

This will help us find just the right person to keep an eye on things at the right time.

Also, if there is any graphic software or image/map preferences, please don't hesitate to tell me! If you have any questions, please contact me ASAP.

This DOES NOT take up anytime daily so why not join? You will be notified when your attention is needed.
Jerry's fantasy game partcipation:
Vic's 4th Race: Jerry and Uycocoa Eliminated
MTAR Season 3: Jerry and Panda (Natasha and Paula) Eliminated

JTAR Season 1 Nanaimo Leg is on right now!

Offline graytex

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #109 on: November 30, 2009, 08:45:41 PM »
I would love for them to go to Brazil and do a Switchback of the dog walking from Season 5.  IIRC, that killed the last Big Brother contestant on the race.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #110 on: November 30, 2009, 08:59:54 PM »
YY you have a message in your messages, please read.

Offline YY

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #111 on: November 30, 2009, 09:09:41 PM »
YY you have a message in your messages, please read.

Done, and done. Ten-four. :D

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #112 on: November 30, 2009, 09:11:04 PM »
I would love for them to go to Brazil and do a Switchback of the dog walking from Season 5.  IIRC, that killed the last Big Brother contestant on the race.
omg  :lol: :lol: :lol:  :yess:  :yess:
BEST laugh I had all day! Thanks graytex!

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #113 on: November 30, 2009, 09:22:14 PM »

graytex, that was an OK task, but:
1. it was a DETOUR Perro or Tango and
2. It was in Buenos Aires where dog walking is a common event, not anywhere in Brazil

ROADBLOCKS in Brazil, which I don't think are close to the standard for Switchbacks, were:

AR13, ep. 2 - In Caucaia, one team member must find the name of their next destination on an advertisement painted on the wall of the park.

AR9, ep. 2 - In Sao Paulo,  teams had to climb one of three stairwells 400 feet (120 m) on a fire escape of the Edificio Copan. Once on the top, their arrival order deteremines when they get to put on a harness and rappel down the building.

AR2, ep. 2 - In Foz do Iguacu, Parque Nacional do Iguaçu leaving from Macuco Safari Dock, take speedboat into Iguaçu Falls and spot the flag at the top.

Offline YY

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #114 on: November 30, 2009, 09:37:51 PM »

I'd love for a tweet from someone who said they helped a team from The Amazing Race who said they were Gucci for doing so. ;)

Offline ottopilot

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #115 on: November 30, 2009, 09:51:02 PM »

I'd love for a tweet from someone who said they helped a team from The Amazing Race who said they were Gucci for doing so. ;)

:tup: LOL that would be pretty fun!

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #116 on: November 30, 2009, 10:12:56 PM »

graytex, that was an OK task, but:
1. it was a DETOUR Perro or Tango and
2. It was in Buenos Aires where dog walking is a common event, not anywhere in Brazil

ROADBLOCKS in Brazil, which I don't think are close to the standard for Switchbacks, were:

AR13, ep. 2 - In Caucaia, one team member must find the name of their next destination on an advertisement painted on the wall of the park.

AR9, ep. 2 - In Sao Paulo,  teams had to climb one of three stairwells 400 feet (120 m) on a fire escape of the Edificio Copan. Once on the top, their arrival order deteremines when they get to put on a harness and rappel down the building.

AR2, ep. 2 - In Foz do Iguacu, Parque Nacional do Iguaçu leaving from Macuco Safari Dock, take speedboat into Iguaçu Falls and spot the flag at the top.

hmm? I think that was just an honest mistake!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline TARPortland

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #117 on: November 30, 2009, 10:48:13 PM »
Hey guys, long time TAR fan and lurker on RFF! I just thought I would maybe mention that perhaps TAR would go to South Africa (maybe Cape Town) for the World Cup Draw on Friday. World Cup is a HUGE world event that truly connects the world and thats also what TAR tries to accomplish (showing its audience the beauty and diversity of the planet and its peoples!) So perhaps since they haven't been to Africa in many seasons now would be a perfect time to go and also pay homage to a truly global event taking place on the continent for the 1st time ever! I think people should be on the lookout for them towards the end of the week!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #118 on: November 30, 2009, 11:00:20 PM »
Hmmmm...thank you! You are the second person who has mentioned that to me in the last hour! So warrents a very close look.

:welcome: to RFF!

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/newsid=1141594.html#lights+camera+action

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #119 on: December 01, 2009, 12:56:42 AM »
I wonder if she'll be able to locate LAX on a map
:funny:

I hope she produces a moment like Danielle in All-Stars:
"We're on our way to Australia!"
Eric: "We're going to Argentina!"
 :jumpy:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #120 on: December 01, 2009, 12:57:37 AM »
As TAR 16 is in Chile, I thought I'd point out that the world's largest swimming pool is in Chile. The pool 1000 meters long, covers 20 acres and is 115 feet deep at one point.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-509718/Try-making-splash-worlds-largest-swimming-pool--1-000-yards-long.html

http://www.odditycentral.com/pics/worlds-largest-swimming-pool.html

It seems like the just the sort of place that would appeal to the Amazing Race producers, although it's too long to make them swim. Maybe a kayaking task or a find the clue among the dozens of buoys task.

However, it's about 250 miles from Viña del Mar to Algarrobo where the pool is located (or 290 miles from Santiago), so I think it's only a possible destination if they do a second leg in Chile.

Plaidmoon
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 01:05:40 AM by Plaidmoon2 »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #121 on: December 01, 2009, 01:50:38 AM »
Our Amazing Race members and detectives know very well the best evidence is photo evidence and if you build it they will come. ;D  :tup:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #122 on: December 01, 2009, 01:52:22 AM »
Our Amazing Race members and detectives know very well the best evidence is photo evidence and if you build it they will come. ;D  :tup:

Definitely, hope we can get some more soon!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #123 on: December 01, 2009, 02:19:58 AM »
However, it's about 250 miles from Viña del Mar to Algarrobo where the pool is located (or 290 miles from Santiago), so I think it's only a possible destination if they do a second leg in Chile.

Plaidmoon

Unfortunately, in the other direction away from Rancagua... :'(

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #124 on: December 01, 2009, 08:46:04 AM »
Hmmmm...thank you! You are the second person who has mentioned that to me in the last hour! So warrents a very close look.

:welcome: to RFF!

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/newsid=1141594.html#lights+camera+action

And would TPTB be clever enough (or mean enough) to send Caitlin to South Africa in light of her moment of infamy (because they're probably not going to send her to the Iraq)?