Author Topic: Speculation on TAR16 *no wish-lists please*  (Read 277715 times)

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Speculation on TAR16 *no wish-lists please*
« Reply #625 on: December 30, 2009, 02:59:42 AM »
It is the aggressive film crew that is stumping me...by that time they are usually telling their team to slow down, lol....

Love the spec Detour though!! :tup:

Yeah, the aggressive film crew (and he referred to them as they) doesn't fit with a decoy team given what has been done in past seasons. That confuses me too. Last season it was easy to spot because they just had one cameraman and no sound guy and they weren't very intense about what they were doing. Perhaps they are trying to make the decoys look more real this time.

Or perhaps we need more clues.  :cmas11

Plaidmoon

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #626 on: December 30, 2009, 06:12:48 PM »
Nevermind
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 06:16:14 PM by revengefullycreative »
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline catzoid

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #627 on: December 31, 2009, 07:03:06 AM »
It is the aggressive film crew that is stumping me...by that time they are usually telling their team to slow down, lol....

Yeah, the aggressive film crew (and he referred to them as they) doesn't fit with a decoy team given what has been done in past seasons. That confuses me too. Last season it was easy to spot because they just had one cameraman and no sound guy and they weren't very intense about what they were doing. Perhaps they are trying to make the decoys look more real this time.

Newbie sleuth question: why is it assumed that this is a decoy team and not the real thing? How do you tell the difference other than crew behavior? I assume there's something to do with finish line timing. Has that been tied into what this team was doing?

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #628 on: December 31, 2009, 04:31:01 PM »
yup looking like the females -- cowboys -- Brentlin might be our final 3

Well, at least I can hope that an all-female team wins -- even if it's not the one I would like to see win.
Do we know for certain, though?  Especially with the sudden thoughts that Steve & Allie, the father/daughter team, might be there instead?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 04:37:46 PM by Paron »

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #629 on: December 31, 2009, 05:36:40 PM »
I think they are the Singapore spoiler (man or possibly woman with grey hair) and its Steve not Carol. Sadly I think its the exact same as TAR15. Maria and Tiff - 6th, F5 contains 3 M/M teams and 2 Co-ed and 2 back to back M/M eliminations for 5th and 4th ala Gary and Matt, FT and BE ala Dan and Jordan, Michael and Louis and F3 of 2 coeds and 1 mm. The same as TAR15
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #630 on: December 31, 2009, 05:40:35 PM »
When will get woman team to win i think peach should apply then see if she could win

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #631 on: December 31, 2009, 08:04:46 PM »
I am really thinking that Shanghai will not be revisited this season since Season6.  Film crew at Nanjing Road sounds very weird.  Nanjing Road is a busy shopping area in Shanghai they could just be using decoys there and sent the real final 4 to a different location.  About the SFO airport, United is the only airline that flies to/from Shanghai.  Other carriers that fly out of Boarding area G are:
-Air China, Air New Zealand, All Nippon, Emirates, EVA Air, Lufthansa, Singapore Airlines, and United (from Beijing, Cancun, Frankfurt, Ho Chi Minh City, Hong Kong, London-Heathrow, Mexico City, Osaka, Puerto Vallerta, San Jose del Cabo, Seoul, Shanghai, Sydney, and Tokyo)  My point is that to my guess and speculation Shanghai is a decoy leg since there is very little evidence other than crew spotted at Nanjing Road and the teams arriving at the United Int'l Gate area of SFO Airport.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #632 on: January 01, 2010, 12:53:45 AM »

Newbie sleuth question: why is it assumed that this is a decoy team and not the real thing? How do you tell the difference other than crew behavior? I assume there's something to do with finish line timing. Has that been tied into what this team was doing?

If you look on Pages 15 and 16 of the Destinations/Locations thread, Chateau d If was at the San Francisco airport when the Amazing Race production team arrived from China and he took pictures of their arrival. A couple of them are just a few messages up on this page. Anyway, as it turned out, he got a picture or two of Mike and Louie arriving with the production people and they were in no hurry to leave the airport and get on with the race. The assumption is that they were eliminated on one of the last legs and were kept on as a decoy team. Therefore, since we think they were eliminated in Singapore or Shanghai, if they were racing in San Francisco, they must be decoys. The problem around here is if you aren't keeping up with all the threads, people will use previously disclosed information without explanation and you won't know why something is assumed to be true (like Mike and Louie being decoys).

As for the crew activity, I'm still rather a newbie at this too, but last season, the decoy teams had only a camera guy following them. The camera used had a microphone mounted on it. The real teams had (and always have) both a camera guy (with no microphone on the camera) and a sound guy with a boom mic. Also, we had pictures of Tiffany and Maria racing with big wide grins in Talinn and it just didn't look right. The pictures of Flight Time and Big Easy in Las Vegas showed airline baggage check tags on their backpacks. Racing teams don't check their backpacks in, they take them on board so they can leave more quickly. It's little clues like that. The decoys are usually always running at a different time from the real teams, but usually we don't have the times pinned down carefully enough to check for that.

Plaidmoon

Plaidmoon

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #633 on: January 01, 2010, 01:47:48 AM »
Thanks for the explanation, Plaidmoon!

For the new members, page one of each of the spoiler threads and the Timeline are constantly updated, and are the best place to check for a summary of what is known to date.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #634 on: January 01, 2010, 02:11:00 AM »
We believe that teams arrived directly from Shanghai though.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #635 on: January 01, 2010, 03:14:06 AM »
We believe that teams arrived directly from Shanghai though.
Then Shanghai must either be the F7 leg, where the last sequester team goes out, or the F6 leg, where, I'm fearing, Carol & Brandy go out.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #636 on: January 01, 2010, 03:30:30 AM »
Shanghai is believed to be the last leg before the Finale...so either a NEL, or much more likely, where we say goodbye to the 4th place team, who will then run decoy, and not go to ES.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline catzoid

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #637 on: January 01, 2010, 11:32:51 AM »
Thanks, Plaidmoon and Georgiapeach.  :cmas26

Since I'm unlikely to memorize everything in a thread, it's good to know that the first page of each thread contains a status update. That's such a great idea, and I wish every site with spoilers would do that.

If they want to throw off the sleuths, production really should provide some kind of incentive (like a $1K bonus) for the decoys to race more seriously. Maybe they did this time, which would account for M&L appearing to race in earnest when they had the box in SF.

DavidJunior

« Reply #638 on: January 01, 2010, 12:10:55 PM »
or maybe they told the crew, "You better make it look like this team is still racing, or you're fired."  :rules:

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #639 on: January 01, 2010, 07:34:53 PM »
Shanghai is believed to be the last leg before the Finale...so either a NEL, or much more likely, where we say goodbye to the 4th place team, who will then run decoy, and not go to ES.
Oh, Shanghai is F4.  I thought Singapore was.  Then what are Singapore and Malaysia?

DavidJunior

« Reply #640 on: January 01, 2010, 09:53:41 PM »
Oh, Shanghai is F4.  I thought Singapore was.  Then what are Singapore and Malaysia?

Singapore is probably F4 NEL, and Penang, Malaysia is most likely F5

or  :colealert:
it could be Penang F7 DEL, Singapore F5, and Shanghai F4, but then in a twist have 4 teams racing for the finale  :neener:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #641 on: January 03, 2010, 10:49:27 PM »
I did a search of the blogs posted since the first of the year and came up with a few intriguing hits. I'm not sure there's anything useful, but I thought I'd post what I found rather than let anything go unnoticed.

A high school student in Singapore posted a possible but doubtful sighting at http://dillonchewxd.blogspot.com/2010/01/amazing-race-16-visited-singapore.html. I can't copy and paste it, but he saw 2 people dressed in green with large backpacks on the mrt (subway?) around Dec. 17th-20th. He said there was no camera crew, so it seems unlikely to be TAR. He seemed to think it was the Amazing Race, but the race was in the local news at about that time, so he may have been watching and hoping to see possible racers. I'm not sure who the green team is and whether they were confirmed out of the race by then.

Here's a Spanish reality web site blog at http://bit.ly/6soPpQ. It's mostly a rehash of stuff we already know. I thought I'd found a nugget or two, but now I think it was just poorly written. It mentions on the Puerto Varas leg visiting Petrohué, Isla Margarita and Onces Bellavista, which I think we already knew. It also talks about Singapore and it says they had a stop at the Hibiki Japanese restaurant but the quote from the receptionist suggests that she merely saw a helicopter filming in the area. It also says that the pit stop was at Mount Faber and that actress and former Miss Singapore Universe Jaime Teo greeted them. I thought that was news, but then I remembered that the leg in Singapore in season 3 ended that way. So probably not much new there.

Finally, from an unlikely source, http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/2010/01/marines_ontap_010110w/, comes this rumor:

12 things Marines can expect in 2010

12. Marines in pop culture

Also on tap: A flurry of possible Marine appearances on popular television shows, including “The Amazing Race,” “The Jeff Dunham Show” and Gunnery Sgt. — and Marine legend — R. Lee Ermey’s newest show, “Lock ’N Load.”

That could mean almost anything. I don't think we have any marines racing this season, unless they are former marines. Perhaps the Marines will help on a portion of a leg. Indulging in some very wild speculation without a shred of evidence, if the US military is involved in season 16, it might be possible that they have a leg at Diego Garcia. I believe there are Marines there and it's located conveniently between Africa and Penang, Malaysia. However, the Diego Garcia residents were evicted in the 1970s to make room for the US and British military (probably don't want to bring up controversy) and there is no airline service, so they would have to use military planes. This makes the photo of Phil at an airport McDonald's enroute to Penang unlikely.  I can't think of any other naval bases in the southern hemisphere that would fit what we know of the race itinerary so far. A leg on an aircraft carrier would be fun, but I doubt it would be possible. Perhaps the rumor is about possible involvement in season 17.

So once again, there's not much concrete news here, just some possible scraps of info and a rumor or two.

Plaidmoon

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #642 on: January 04, 2010, 06:05:00 AM »
If San Francisco is the final city for TAR 16, hope they should go to the famous Pier 39 where it is a relaxing place for the sea lions but I read this sad news about it: http://www.mb.com.ph/node/236311/

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #643 on: January 06, 2010, 06:09:38 AM »
I found this picture that appears to show the Mompreneurs at a flea market. From the hairdo, I think you see the back of Monique's head, while LaShawne is obscured. I'm not sure what to make of it. The photo is entitled Amazing Race Argentine Style. The person that posted it was apparently honeymooning in Buenos Aires and the next picture in the photostream says it is a picture of a corner bar taken on their first night in Buenos Aires. The exif data of the Mompreneurs photo says the photo was taken at 8:58 AM PST (Pacific Standard Time - they also have a folder named "Home (PDX)" on their page which is Portland OR) on November 29th, 2009. That would be 1:58 PM in Buenos Aires. However, our timeline says they were in Valparaiso, Chile on November 29th. That would make the time 11:58 AM in Valparaiso. Could this be the Cardonal Market in Valparaiso?  It's certainly different than the market Phil was standing in front of in the picture we have. Would they visit a flea market in Buenos Aires after going to a market in Valparaiso? Here is the text that came with the photo:

This couple, laden with enormous backpack, burst into the flea market screaming, "Does anyone know where the...(something, I couldn't make it out) is? We need the (blah blah blah)!" At first I thought they were nuts, but then this guy at one of the stalls produced this envelope that they needed. And THEN we saw the camera crews. I think they may have restaged the handing over of the envelope.

Given the title of the photo, I have to think the date was wrong in the camera, since the person who put it up would know what country they were in. I suppose it could be a false signal to confuse us but they posted 982 pictures in their photo stream, so I doubt it. That's a lot of work. I'll go out on a limb and say we have evidence of a leg in Buenos Aires.

The guy in the Missouri (Michigan?) T shirt looks familiar or at least the shirt does. Do we have a picture of someone wearing a shirt like that? I'm guessing it's the sound guy.

I've looked at a youtube video of the San Telmo Sunday Flea Market in Buenos Aires and it looks similar to the picture below. November 29th was a Sunday. But that makes no sense given what we already know timeline wise. I'm puzzled and confused.

:idgit

Plaidmoon

« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 06:19:30 PM by Plaidmoon2 »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #644 on: January 06, 2010, 08:07:05 AM »
Plaidmoon2,

Your information about a potential Buenos Aires leg is particularly interesting because we are looking for something to fill the hole between Bariloche on maybe Dec. 3 and Asuncion on Dec. 5 or 6. Buenos Aires as the air hub through which teams probably had to go would be an ideal location for a leg. Also, the Amazing Race has gone there only for AR5 (Recoleta Cemetery, Perro or Tango DETOUR, and a corral ROADBLOCK in La Invernada 60 miles away) and AR7 (only taking a train 20 miles to tigre and DETOUR Shipwreck or Island at Tigre), so a visit in AR16 would have been timely.

We have seen that date stamps on cameras are frequently far off the real time, so that could explain why the date stamp says Nov. 29, when Amazing Race 16 teams would have been landing in Valparaiso and continuing to Vina del Mar then.

However, the couple taking the pictures was on their honeymoon from Nov. 21 to Nov. 29. I doubt that they would have allowed the public display of the pictures of that trip to go out with wrong dates. That implies that the "Amazing Race" they viewed was a local one for the Buenos Aires area.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 08:19:01 AM by apskip »

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #645 on: January 06, 2010, 08:48:49 AM »
That's a valid point, but would people working for an Argentinian version of the race have what I suspect is a Michigan shirt?

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #646 on: January 06, 2010, 09:01:49 AM »
Some kind of TAR look-alike in Buenos Aires 11/29 -- just throwing this in here in case it matches descriptions of future "spoilers."

We know there was something like TAR going on in Buenos Aires on 11/29. This is not our race.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #647 on: January 06, 2010, 09:08:57 AM »
What do we know??  ???
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline 2old4tech

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #648 on: January 06, 2010, 09:19:45 AM »
Just throwin' this in:

Buenos Aires
11-29 Rain 8:30 AM to 3:00 PM
11-30 no rain
12-01 Rain after 9:00 PM
12-02 Rain ending by 1:00 AM
12-03 no rain

...and would a local race be in English?  :duno:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #649 on: January 06, 2010, 09:26:58 AM »
puddin also posted this in the TAR races around the world thread this morning, so she must also remember something else too. Dates are just off for us, if they are right.

At the moment, I have no memory of the local whatever..........hopefully something will jog my brain. :lol:

RFF's Golden Rule: