Author Topic: The Amazing Race 16 Sightings/Info: Tweets Go here please!  (Read 362706 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: The Amazing Race 16 Sightings/Info: Tweets Go here please!
« Reply #650 on: December 21, 2009, 02:45:10 PM »
That's a previous endorsement is all.

But we know already where they went after Singapore...they went to Shanghai. There is something about Nanking road as well. Teams arrived in San Fran via Shanghai. It's all scattered around, but it is all here somewhere.

woden has the timeline thread updated:
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,21194.msg480198.html#msg480198

Yeah lots of scattering, I need time to sit down and go through every post but you can always check out wodens timeline

Been busy, Santa Claus is coming to town >>>  :cmas51

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #651 on: December 21, 2009, 02:48:50 PM »
January, we'll do it January.  :cmas19
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #652 on: December 21, 2009, 02:51:59 PM »
January, we'll do it January.  :cmas19
Yeah right, January uh huh sounds good :hfive: :innocent:

Offline howie_2010

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #653 on: December 21, 2009, 09:28:00 PM »
Hey guys,

I got a response from Fiqary.

Yeah, it was emirates and he was with a bunch of people and he got in just at the right time to take off, and I saw him using the public telephone. And obviously he was sitting in the first class seating so I didn't see him in the plane cause there is two different entrance, one for the first & business class and another one for the economy class. And we got in the plane around 10:30 Dubai time and the flight was 6 hours I think and we arrived in Malaysia around 9 or 10 I think. I don't really remember. And when I arrived I tried to look for Phil and he was not anywhere to be seen, I only saw some white people carrying some cameras and I assume that its some of the camera crew for the show. So yeah, that is it.

So it was this flight:
KUL Kuala Lumpur EK 342  Emirates dep: 10:30 AM  (actual) 10:45 AM  T-3  Landed

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #654 on: December 21, 2009, 09:29:47 PM »
Sweet howie!! Good job!  :yess: :jam:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #655 on: December 21, 2009, 10:59:55 PM »
Thank you Howie, that is awesome!!  :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Macaroons

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #656 on: December 22, 2009, 09:39:39 AM »
I spoke to someone else in San Fran who saw the cowboys around the Great American Music Hall, which is on O'Farrell Street. They said they were very frantic and tried to get a cab but there was someone in it. They tried to get the people to give up the cab but they wouldn't so they ran to the next street over, Geary Street and caught a cab there.

I don't know if there was something at the Music Hall or if it was just the nearest landmark to describe where they were. Here is a map of it in comparison to Coit Tower. Notice that it is towards heading back in the direction of Hunter's Point, which would be further to the bottom right of what this map shows.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #657 on: December 22, 2009, 10:13:09 AM »
I spoke to someone else in San Fran who saw the cowboys around the Great American Music Hall, which is on O'Farrell Street. They said they were very frantic and tried to get a cab but there was someone in it. They tried to get the people to give up the cab but they wouldn't so they ran to the next street over, Geary Street and caught a cab there.

I don't know if there was something at the Music Hall or if it was just the nearest landmark to describe where they were. Here is a map of it in comparison to Coit Tower. Notice that it is towards heading back in the direction of Hunter's Point, which would be further to the bottom right of what this map shows.

Doing some Google street view sleuthing - the only other places of note in the area are a Vietnamese cultural centre and the O'Farrell Theatre - which is billed as "The Carnagie Hall Of Public Sex in America"  :cmas16 - so probably not the O'Farrell Theatre. Although it does have some interesting murals on Polk and Olive depicting African animals (and whales) - maybe a memory task from the spec African legs?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 10:35:05 AM by walkingpneumonia »
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #658 on: December 22, 2009, 10:21:51 AM »

They didn't have a cab driver ready and waiting for them?  ???

Offline graytex

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #659 on: December 22, 2009, 10:39:15 AM »

This seems to fit with the general location of this sighting as well:

I've been lurking here for awhile, but I saw this posted today on another reality TV forum:

I saw what I think was an AR crew filming just now (noon PST) on California Street in San Francisco. Was nearly toppled by a man running with a handheld camera. He stopped at California and Larkin to capture the image of two men (I think) walking with a large locked trunk. They were walking towards Polk Street. May investigate further while I buy a pizza slice.

Offline Macaroons

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #660 on: December 22, 2009, 10:41:24 AM »

I guess not.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #661 on: December 22, 2009, 11:20:14 AM »
Good stuff guys! Thank you Macaroons!!  :cmas26

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #662 on: December 22, 2009, 02:52:11 PM »

Let's examine Amazing Race history to see what has happened previoiusly in Amazing Race finales:

AR2 - cab from Oakland Inerntional Aiport lets them off, but first task in SF is to walk down the hill to get clue at a pier near Fisherman's Wharf (39?) and then hail a cab to get to the finish line at East Fort Baker across the Golden Gate Bridge.

AR11 - unaired segment from Oakland Inernational Airport to Greatful Dead House on Ashbury St., presumable with taxis held, then trip to Old Mint, again with taxis held, then those taxis to Strybing Arboretum for finish line.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #663 on: December 23, 2009, 10:50:24 AM »
posted Asian time:

Saturday, December 19, 2009 4:58 PM

The Amazing Race 16 in Singapore

Filming of the new season of The Amazing Race had been spotted in SG! at the flyer and in Bugis - read it in the papers yesterday and my mum actually saw one team doing the challenge in Bugis that day...

makes me anticipate the next season even more! =)

Had a lovely followup note:

i'm afraid she didn't take any pictures, cause she had no idea it's the AMAZING RACE till she saw the picture in the newspaper report! i so wanted to be there too!

well, according to her, there were 2 females, should be wearing grey though she wasn't really sure now. They were selling ice cream and it was about 11+ am. =)

And yes, before y'all ask, photos have been sent!!

My guess is the short haired women in grey camo.

Photo matching completed!! It is our short haired ladies in camo!!

Anyway, yup my mum said it's the first team -  the team in grey/black. =)
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #664 on: December 23, 2009, 11:57:03 AM »
Found a girl that saw amazing race filming at the megazip/Sentosa .. I am waiting to see if she replies

http://www.sentosa.com.sg/explore_sentosa/attractions/mega_zip.html

More from Natalie, and thank you, she is sweet.

She did not take photos but......couple/Indians?  :cmas5

23 Dec 09, 07:35
Natalie: okay i think.. there's this two guys with cowboy hats? n a couple team?(indians?) didnt hang around there very long... sorry!

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #665 on: December 23, 2009, 12:05:07 PM »

She did not take photos but......couple/Indians?  :cmas5

hmmm... wonder if she mistook the AA M/F couple for Tamils (Indians) found in Singapore....    :cmas5

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #666 on: December 23, 2009, 02:59:51 PM »
Are the RFF detectives being mocked here?
http://twitpic.com/uud5w
The Amazing Race - Welcome to the Finish Line?

nvm - apparently its been there for a few years...
http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/the_amazing_race_13/2008_Sep_18_advertising
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 03:04:42 PM by walkingpneumonia »
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #667 on: December 23, 2009, 05:57:17 PM »
I remember hearing that along time ago, not the finish line!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #668 on: December 23, 2009, 07:41:23 PM »
Are the RFF detectives being mocked here?
http://twitpic.com/uud5w
The Amazing Race - Welcome to the Finish Line?

nvm - apparently its been there for a few years...
http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/the_amazing_race_13/2008_Sep_18_advertising

:cmas19  yep, we discussed this "ad nauseum" in the TAR13 thread....  at the time Google Earth didn't have updated pictures, and looks like both GE and Bing Maps is either using old maps or they removed the sign.   :groan:

Now you can see why they picked that location.... perfect view from the plane.  :cmaslol

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #669 on: December 26, 2009, 10:24:16 AM »
jeffschrodeder23 tweeted on christmas eve, thank every one for all the well wishes, merry christmas to all, enjoy!
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline RealityFanWA

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #670 on: December 27, 2009, 01:39:49 PM »
jeffschrodeder23 tweeted on christmas eve, thank every one for all the well wishes, merry christmas to all, enjoy!

I just started checking this thread....and I'm glad Jeff said MERRY CHRISTMAS. I wonder if he's still in the race but I guess I gotta keep watching.

DavidJunior

« Reply #671 on: December 27, 2009, 02:18:48 PM »

I just started checking this thread....and I'm glad Jeff said MERRY CHRISTMAS. I wonder if he's still in the race but I guess I gotta keep watching.

the race has been over for about a week  :cmas16

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #672 on: December 28, 2009, 10:10:29 AM »
yea i think they said the 22 they were done?? jeff tweeted a lot yd about the bears game and jordan coming to visit him in chigo next month i think he said.. any way they r still a couple the race did not take them down. i can't wait to see them it will b realy funny.. ps i bet they did not last long and were at ellmation station for a while.. bb part 2 for them. :cmas17
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline annie367

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #673 on: December 28, 2009, 10:29:00 AM »
jordan coming to visit him in chigo next month i think he said..

Jordan's visiting this week. Don't know when she'll get there. They're spending NYE together.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #674 on: December 29, 2009, 05:30:50 PM »
With BIG thanks to TrebledTimes at TWoP for this elaboration on his original sighting on 12/20 in San Fran: (He was linked to our photos for comparisons)

What I can say with 100% certainty was that it was noon PST at the corner of Larkin and California Streets. What I saw were two large guys wearing navy blue fleeces or jackets carrying what looked like a large locked trunk. I was across the street and they were facing the other direction. I'm not sure I could even hazard a guess based on those photos, although I would say with 90% certainty they were wearing navy blue. And the film crew were quite agro (they nearly knocked me over, which is why I noticed what they were doing) which leads me to believe it was actual footage they were after.

Even though the location fits well with the sighting of the Cowboys near the Great American Music Hall...

Do y'all think this could be Mike and Louie running a decoy leg?? ???

Kinda Blue fleeces:( from Chateau's pics)

And heee...large locked trunk??: (pic by Chateau):

RFF's Golden Rule: