Author Topic: The Amazing Race 16 Sightings/Info: Tweets Go here please!  (Read 364757 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: The Amazing Race 16 Sightings/Info: Tweets Go here please!
« Reply #500 on: December 18, 2009, 07:02:23 AM »
Saw this posted on Facebook:

Nathan Antoun assisted the blue team of the Amazing Race in Penang on Monday.

It was posted on Wed at 7:20am

Would that fit the timeline?

YEs! YES! YES! It is perfect and the confirmation we have been needing for Penang!!  :cmas9

Thank you!!

Now don't y'all go jump on the poor guy...I'll do that, okay? :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ob-la-di-ob-la-da

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #501 on: December 18, 2009, 10:11:42 AM »
Found something on Facebook that has potential:

Just come back from sibu this evening.. I take 5 hours from Sibu to reach Bintulu... Amazing race?? Anyway, Congratulation to my good friend, King Deng for getting married.. A new life has just started...

(this person went to Sibu to attend a friend's wedding)  Sibu and Bintulu are on a Malaysian island, not too far from Singapore:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=sibu&daddr=Bintulu,+Sarawak,+Malaysia&hl=en&geocode=&mra=ls&sll=3.156971,113.090515&sspn=60.669595,113.466797&ie=UTF8&ll=4.390229,109.379883&spn=31.412066,56.733398&z=5

I've noticed on Twitter and FB that sometimes when people's travels get convoluted or delayed or rushed, they laugh and compare it to Amazing Race.  So I'm not sure if that's what this person is doing (saying his travels took longer than usual), or perhaps he's saying that he saw something to do with TAR during his trip? 

Just thought I'd throw this out there...

Offline ob-la-di-ob-la-da

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #502 on: December 18, 2009, 10:38:06 AM »
Found another one on Facebook...  Could they be back in the States already?

I think amazing race is filming at atlanta airport... How odd

Posted yesterday at 6:04pm  He appears to have posted this "real time" (based on other posts) before he got on his plane, so it appears that he saw something that he thought was TAR-related at about 6pm.  (don't know what time zone FB uses when it attaches a time to these posts)

Does the timing work out -- could they get from S'pore to Atlanta by yesterday?  Or could it be producers/crew getting set up for something?  How does that usually work?  Once they get back to the States do they ever do more than one leg, or is always just the final leg?

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #503 on: December 18, 2009, 11:09:54 AM »
I think what that person saw at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport may have been a news crew covering the holiday travel season or some other story.  Plus where this person saw that is the other question.  Were they in the main lobby of the terminal building or past the security checkpoints in one of the concourses.  Plus Atlanta is having a rainy and windy day right now so I am pretty sure that the final leg of the race couldn't take place there.  Since all final destinations of the race each season took place on a clear or a decent day.  Lastly if 6:00pm is the correct time, how could the final three arrive in Atlanta it would be dark already and final destination legs take place during daylight hours.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 11:13:32 AM by mjriches2005 »

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #504 on: December 18, 2009, 11:13:22 AM »
I think what that person saw at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport may have been a news crew covering the holiday travel season or some other story.  Plus where this person saw that is the other question.  Were they in the main lobby of the terminal building building or past the security checkpoints in one of the concourses.  Plus Atlanta is having a rainy and windy day right now so I am pretty sure that the final leg of the race couldn't take place there.  Since all final destinations of the race each season took place on a clear or a decent day.     

I really doubt the weather will alter the final city selection.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #505 on: December 18, 2009, 11:16:55 AM »
I agree TARandJJFan, you all have been a wonderful addition to the TAR spoiling and we are grateful to all that contribute. I don't think Joab was saying that we don't appreciate you all. In addition to the BB fans we are coming off of TARLA and TAR15 plus many are viewing past seasons of TAR. I think South Africa is now watching TAR14 and Lord only knows what Countries are viewing what seasons just now so it all gets frustrating at times trying to sort out what TAR everyone is talking about.
Don't stop bringing us twitters! We are on the home stretch!  Keep it coming !! :yess: :jam:

better than the tweet today "I wonder what j/j are doing on the race."
"JEJO WERE PHOTOGRAPHED FILMING THE AMAZING RACE IN MEXICO"  :cmas50

Since JeJo were spoiled to be on the race, their fans have been posting loads of TAR related tweets which i think were really quite annoying and a hindrance to TAR spoiling. Sorry JeJo fan... but flipping through 10 pages of tweets to read only about JeJo being on the race, was really annoying.

Actually, all the tweets that I ever saw posted on here simply just had the words "Amazing Race" in them. Were the fans of Jeff & Jordan hoping they had something to do with Jeff & Jordan on TAR? I'm sure they were. But, all that extra help that those fans provided, IMO, helped a lot more than it hindered. A lot of those fans were trying to find posts that gave clues as to where the teams were too. I've been watching TAR ever since season 6. But, I also am a BB & Jeff and Jordan fan. I haven't spent any time at all searching for information.  But, there were a lot of people that spent hours searching through twitter & travel blogs in order to find out where teams were at. That's a lot of extra help from Jeff and Jordan fans that never would have been there. At this point the only other team that had been photographed during the course of the race that had been suspected as being eliminated were the G/G team. There just hasn't been any information about other teams. Had there been more, I'm sure that would have been discussed here, as well.

Yes i wasn't complaining about you! Thanks puddin for explaining! :cmas20

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #506 on: December 18, 2009, 11:18:31 AM »
I don't think so, if that post was yesterday the race would have taken 20 days instead of 21-23 days.  I am pretty sure production wanted to have the final leg on a decent day.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #507 on: December 18, 2009, 12:52:12 PM »
Found another one on Facebook...  Could they be back in the States already?

I think amazing race is filming at atlanta airport... How odd

Posted yesterday at 6:04pm  He appears to have posted this "real time" (based on other posts) before he got on his plane, so it appears that he saw something that he thought was TAR-related at about 6pm.  (don't know what time zone FB uses when it attaches a time to these posts)

Does the timing work out -- could they get from S'pore to Atlanta by yesterday?  Or could it be producers/crew getting set up for something?  How does that usually work?  Once they get back to the States do they ever do more than one leg, or is always just the final leg?

I like the Atlanta clue.   :xmas49  

They may have arrived through Puerto Rico.  Take a look at this flight from San Juan:

It my be just a connection or it may have been the last leg.  I will see if it fits ...

And, I agree, stormy weather would never affect the route.  They just get wet.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 01:02:27 PM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #508 on: December 18, 2009, 12:56:18 PM »
Umm... that's Panama City, Florida, USA.

I see you caught that, too.  :cmas18

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #509 on: December 18, 2009, 01:04:34 PM »
Peach! are you calling the local likely spots?   :jam:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #510 on: December 18, 2009, 01:06:53 PM »
Peach it  turn became spy

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #511 on: December 18, 2009, 02:46:42 PM »
Are y'all TRYING to give me aheart attack??

I am locked in at work, am doing what I can.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #512 on: December 18, 2009, 03:48:00 PM »
Wait a minute, I am confused here?  Teams were in Singapore on the 16th and the Atlanta speculation from that one Facebook user was on the 17th.  How could they leave Singapore the day after and arrive in Atlanta on the same day.  If they flew from Singapore to Atlanta, they would have layovers in Tokyo and Los Angeles just to get there.  The Atlanta speculation is nothing more than a traveler that sees a film crew and thinks it the Amazing Race being filmed, but I do agree that decoys maybe there early.  So unless someone can lookup film permits for the City of Atlanta or the Atlanta Int'l Airport, this would be nothing more than someone speculating.

???

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #513 on: December 18, 2009, 04:07:56 PM »
How could they leave Singapore the day after and arrive in Atlanta on the same day.

I meantioned this before but remember that the dateline means that you can arrive in the US from Asia/Oceania before you depart by a couple of hours in some cases.

EDIT: Singapore Airlines flights to LAX go via Tokyo, leaves 9:45am and arrives 11:25am the same day.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 04:12:16 PM by RichInSydney »
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline Evan_Weinstein

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Amazing Racer
    • EVANMINAL-MINDS
« Reply #514 on: December 18, 2009, 11:29:32 PM »
PCK - Phua Chu Kang
LKY - Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew, his son is our Singapore's Prime Minister (Lee Hsien Loong)
The Prata Man - President of The Republic of Singapore, S R Nathan
There's also some speculation about meeting "PCK" or "LKY and familee" or "the prata man". I assume these are local celebrities and are pure speculation.
Singaporean here - PM me, if you need me to translate, Chinese, Malay, English, German or Japanese

Offline The Dominator

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #515 on: December 19, 2009, 01:29:35 AM »
I saw this posted at Sucks and didn't see it posted here anywhere.  Sorry if I put this in a wrong place or something.

Yo guys! Today i spotted a couple of teams at San Francisco's Airport. Jeff & Jordan was there too! They exited from the arrival terminal from either flights Singapore, Taipei, A city/country started with M (forgotten how to spell :P) and Hong Kong? There appear to be like 5,6 teams with 2 camera crew, thats it. Here are some photos:

So, I'm guessing that the elimination station is at one of those location and those teams, including Jeff & Jordan, are eliminated.
Most likely it will be at Singapore since it has been confirmed visiting there and they exit the gate under a SQ flight from Singapore? Furthermore, there was 5 or 6 teams, saw a old couple (women), wearing green, african american women in pink, didn't notice the others. I think I saw a african american male.

There were also two pictures.  One of Jordeff.  But I don't know how to post pictures here.

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #516 on: December 19, 2009, 01:39:35 AM »
I saw this posted at Sucks and didn't see it posted here anywhere.  Sorry if I put this in a wrong place or something.

Yo guys! Today i spotted a couple of teams at San Francisco's Airport. Jeff & Jordan was there too! They exited from the arrival terminal from either flights Singapore, Taipei, A city/country started with M (forgotten how to spell :P) and Hong Kong? There appear to be like 5,6 teams with 2 camera crew, thats it. Here are some photos:

So, I'm guessing that the elimination station is at one of those location and those teams, including Jeff & Jordan, are eliminated.
Most likely it will be at Singapore since it has been confirmed visiting there and they exit the gate under a SQ flight from Singapore? Furthermore, there was 5 or 6 teams, saw a old couple (women), wearing green, african american women in pink, didn't notice the others. I think I saw a african american male.

There were also two pictures.  One of Jordeff.  But I don't know how to post pictures here.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 07:00:58 PM by TexasLady »
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #517 on: December 19, 2009, 01:40:56 AM »

Taken from SUCKS. At first I didn't think this would help, but it won't hurt if this is posted...

First photo: Is the pink - african american our team?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #518 on: December 19, 2009, 01:51:03 AM »
Holy **** I was telling peach today that there is no way that Jeff and Jordan are not going to be spotted landing in San Fran without someone noticing them :yess:

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #519 on: December 19, 2009, 01:54:36 AM »
I'm going to slightly drift into spec based on this sightings...
So are they really coming to my home city?  :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess:

Unfortunately, I'm not old enough to drive to the airport. :groan:

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #520 on: December 19, 2009, 01:57:39 AM »
I'm going to slightly drift into spec based on this sightings...
So are they really coming to my home city?  :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess:

Unfortunately, I'm not old enough to drive to the airport. :groan:

Don't forget how DISASTROUS the previous Final leg hosted by San Fran **coughericanddaniellecough**

So is it safe to speculate right now that Singapore is not our penultimate leg? :D

Offline Hellataz

• RFF Not So Newbie
    • Jeff and Jordan Fan site
« Reply #521 on: December 19, 2009, 01:59:30 AM »
Why does the person say they are exiting from the singapore terminal? Weren't Jeff and Jordan and the other eliminated couples in P.V. Mexico? Am I reading somethig wrong?

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #522 on: December 19, 2009, 02:08:16 AM »

Don't forget how DISASTROUS the previous Final leg hosted by San Fran **coughericanddaniellecough**

So is it safe to speculate right now that Singapore is not our penultimate leg? :D

That's because for the two finales that have hosted SF, teams arrive there 40 MINUTES INTO THE LEG and do some terrible final task. Fortunately, TAR has fixed that now  :jam:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #523 on: December 19, 2009, 02:17:32 AM »
 :colors

« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 10:38:16 AM by puddin »

Offline Ryan83

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #524 on: December 19, 2009, 02:20:16 AM »
I think Jordan cost Jeff the race!!! I watch BB 24.7 and I watch the feeds 24 hours aday. Jeff is usually close and all over Jordan. But in the picture in Mexico he was staring somewhere else and standing away from her. and here at the airport he isnt even close to her. Maybe something happened and she cost the race, or maybe there relationship halted. Jeff just doesnt seem to thrilled in thepast two pictures. just my .02 cents