Author Topic: The Amazing Race 16 Sightings/Info: Tweets Go here please!  (Read 362700 times)

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Amazing Race 16 Sightings/Info: Tweets Go here please!
« Reply #475 on: December 17, 2009, 10:11:22 PM »
From AlanRidgway

about 4 hours ago. Says he is located in Obregon, Sonora Mex.

DE AQUI A THE AMAZING RACE HAHAHAHA JAJAJAJA NO MAMES !!!!

dont know what it means. I am determined to find something I wont sleep till I do, rest easy puddin. I am here to work haha

Since JEJO were seen in Mexico..Are you sure this Tweet doesn't mean anything?
not a thing
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #476 on: December 17, 2009, 10:14:59 PM »
 tws4793: WHAT?! The Amazing Race (US) came to Singapore?! Oh wow!
less than a minute ago from web

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #477 on: December 17, 2009, 10:16:03 PM »
Sounds like somebody was reading the RFF boards to me.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #478 on: December 17, 2009, 10:17:02 PM »
better than the tweet today "I wonder what j/j are doing on the race."
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #479 on: December 17, 2009, 10:21:30 PM »
"JEJO WERE PHOTOGRAPHED FILMING THE AMAZING RACE IN MEXICO"  :cmas50

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #480 on: December 17, 2009, 11:09:17 PM »

Since JeJo were spoiled to be on the race, their fans have been posting loads of TAR related tweets which i think were really quite annoying and a hindrance to TAR spoiling. Sorry JeJo fan... but flipping through 10 pages of tweets to read only about JeJo being on the race, was really annoying.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #481 on: December 17, 2009, 11:11:51 PM »
Found this. I will include the link to the source:

btw today been to changi, from what i see, (and my friend's opinion) is the amazing race

http://politics.sgforums.com/forums/3247/topics/353112?page=7

Is there such a post, can't see it? :cmas5 :cmas13

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #482 on: December 17, 2009, 11:51:24 PM »
It was there earlier, but you are right, gone now. But that is all it said....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TARandJJFan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #483 on: December 17, 2009, 11:52:39 PM »

Since JeJo were spoiled to be on the race, their fans have been posting loads of TAR related tweets which i think were really quite annoying and a hindrance to TAR spoiling. Sorry JeJo fan... but flipping through 10 pages of tweets to read only about JeJo being on the race, was really annoying.

Actually, all the tweets that I ever saw posted on here simply just had the words "Amazing Race" in them. Were the fans of Jeff & Jordan hoping they had something to do with Jeff & Jordan on TAR? I'm sure they were. But, all that extra help that those fans provided, IMO, helped a lot more than it hindered. A lot of those fans were trying to find posts that gave clues as to where the teams were too. I've been watching TAR ever since season 6. But, I also am a BB & Jeff and Jordan fan. I haven't spent any time at all searching for information.  But, there were a lot of people that spent hours searching through twitter & travel blogs in order to find out where teams were at. That's a lot of extra help from Jeff and Jordan fans that never would have been there. At this point the only other team that had been photographed during the course of the race that had been suspected as being eliminated were the G/G team. There just hasn't been any information about other teams. Had there been more, I'm sure that would have been discussed here, as well.

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #484 on: December 18, 2009, 12:03:41 AM »
At this point the only other team that had been photographed during the course of the race that had been suspected as being eliminated were the G/G team. There just hasn't been any information about other teams. Had there been more, I'm sure that would have been discussed here, as well.

In the photo with the Js in Mexico, there's half of another team (one of the African-American teams).
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline Dragoondaniel

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #485 on: December 18, 2009, 01:10:28 AM »
Alright, this article was taken from "THE NEW PAPER" (Singapore's "alternative" newspaper) and the issue is dated Friday, 18th December 2009. Just a quick heads up before I dive in into the article proper, there really isn't much new information inside the article and it seemed like the person who wrote it took most of it directly off RFF, in fact.  :groan: But nonetheless, I'm posting it up here hoping it would be of some help to the investigation here.  :cmas20

so since i can't really get a proper clear picture, i'll just type it out and highlight (in bold) the more-interesting/important points within

Is Amazing Race back in S'pore?
Film crew spotted at S'pore Flyer and Bugis

IS THE Amazing Race making a pitstop in Singapore again?

A US film crew was spotted at the Singapore Flyer and Bugis on Wednesday. And it looked like they were laying the groundwork and preparing for the impending arrival of contestants as the signature red and yellow striped envelope which participants need to find was seen by someone who posted it on the Net.

But contestants were nowhere to be seen.

Now into its 16th instalment, the US reality TV game show first came to our shores in 2002 during its third season.

According to Ms Nicole Lee, 30, who works at Singapore Flyer's Japanese restaurant Hibiki, the tourist attraction was strangely quiet on Wednesday morning. Curious, Ms Lee asked the receptionist, who confirmed that The Amazing Race had indeed been filming there in the morning.

She told The New Paper: "When I arrived for work at about 11:30am, I saw a helicopter hovering above us, which is unusual."

Singapore Flyer's marketing communications manager June Leong confirmed that it had been hired for filming a commercial TV production", but did not specify which one.

Later that afternoon, the crew moved on to Bugis where they were seen filming with an ice-cream street vendor.

Miss Stephanie Tang was on the way back to her office at Parkview Square after lunch at Albert Centre when she spotted them.

Being a fan of the series, Miss Tang immediately recognised the signature red and yellow stripped envelope. So she snapped a photo and posted it on Twitter.

The 23-year-old marketing communications executive told The New Paper: "They were at The Bencoolen at about 1pm.

"The film crew asked an ice-cream vendor to hold on to a red and yellow envelope. I didn't spot any contestants around."

Back in 2002, we saw The Amazing Race teams wandering through the National Orchid Garden, swimming across a manatee enclosure at the Singapore Zoo and getting wet in Suntec City's Fountain of Wealth. They also navigated maze-like HDB corridors in Choa Chu Kang, after which actor Gurmit Singh - playing Phua Chu Kang - handed them clues.

Finally, actress and former Miss Singapore Universe Jaime Teo greeted them at the Mount Faber pitstop.

As for this season, it seems filming of the race started at the Los Angeles International Airport. While details have not been released, Entertainment Weekly reported that rumoured contestants Jordan Lloyd and her boyfriend Jeff Schroeder were spotted at the airport in competition attire late last month.

Lloyd is US reality TV show Big Brother 11's winner and Schroeder was a fellow participant.

The film crew and contestants have also been spotted in South America's Puerto Varas and San Carlos de Bariloche, according to Spanish news websites.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #486 on: December 18, 2009, 01:16:20 AM »
We could thank Boingo for alerting the Singapore news  :yess:

Thanks Dragoondaniel  :cmas26

Offline ams06

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #487 on: December 18, 2009, 01:30:33 AM »
Not sure if you can do anything with this info but thought I'd share anyways.

I was at T3 yesterday night at this breadshop nxt to where the bus "stop" is, then there was this AETOS security guard, and two ang moh pple surfing the free internet on the com at that bread shop(forgot the name)....

so weird, initially i tot A Race, but as i dun watch the show i dunnoe the contestons~

at b.batok. blk 334 under the void deck there got mama shop there will be the pit stop.

http://sgforums.com/forums/8/topics/385258

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #488 on: December 18, 2009, 01:34:56 AM »
Good work, Dragoondaniel! I saw a reference to a story being in TNP which I was guessing was The New Paper but I couldn't find it on their web site.

I did find this thread at sgforums.com http://politics.sgforums.com/forums/8/topics/385258?page=1.

It has a few tidbits and bears watching.

I was at T3 yesterday night at this breadshop nxt to where the bus "stop" is, then there was this AETOS security guard, and two ang moh pple surfing the free internet on the com at that bread shop(forgot the name)...

so weird, initially i tot A Race, but as i dun watch the show i dunnoe the contestons~

and

at b.batok. blk 334 under the void deck there got mama shop there will be the pit stop.

There's also some speculation about meeting "PCK" or "LKY and familee" or "the prata man". I assume these are local celebrities and are pure speculation.

Oops, good work to you too ams06! You beat me to the punch.  :cmas16

Plaidmoon

Update: I notice that The New Paper story refers to "actor Gurmit Singh - playing Phua Chu Kang - handed them clues". That must be the PCK that was referred to.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 04:17:28 AM by Plaidmoon2 »

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #489 on: December 18, 2009, 02:18:03 AM »
When I posted that tweet I used the search box on twitter. I will click on the twitter name next time to make sure it is not about J/J. It can get hard sorting through the die hard fans tweets. My bad.  :xmas49

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #490 on: December 18, 2009, 02:43:57 AM »
So Boingo did good alerting the media, now the Singaporeans are waking up to what they might have witnessed  :cmas26

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #491 on: December 18, 2009, 02:49:39 AM »
I agree TARandJJFan, you all have been a wonderful addition to the TAR spoiling and we are grateful to all that contribute. I don't think Joab was saying that we don't appreciate you all. In addition to the BB fans we are coming off of TARLA and TAR15 plus many are viewing past seasons of TAR. I think South Africa is now watching TAR14 and Lord only knows what Countries are viewing what seasons just now so it all gets frustrating at times trying to sort out what TAR everyone is talking about.
Don't stop bringing us twitters! We are on the home stretch!  Keep it coming !! :yess: :jam:

Actually, all the tweets that I ever saw posted on here simply just had the words "Amazing Race" in them. Were the fans of Jeff & Jordan hoping they had something to do with Jeff & Jordan on TAR? I'm sure they were. But, all that extra help that those fans provided, IMO, helped a lot more than it hindered. A lot of those fans were trying to find posts that gave clues as to where the teams were too. I've been watching TAR ever since season 6. But, I also am a BB & Jeff and Jordan fan. I haven't spent any time at all searching for information.  But, there were a lot of people that spent hours searching through twitter & travel blogs in order to find out where teams were at. That's a lot of extra help from Jeff and Jordan fans that never would have been there. At this point the only other team that had been photographed during the course of the race that had been suspected as being eliminated were the G/G team. There just hasn't been any information about other teams. Had there been more, I'm sure that would have been discussed here, as well.

Offline Hellataz

• RFF Not So Newbie
    • Jeff and Jordan Fan site
« Reply #492 on: December 18, 2009, 02:52:28 AM »

Actually, all the tweets that I ever saw posted on here simply just had the words "Amazing Race" in them. Were the fans of Jeff & Jordan hoping they had something to do with Jeff & Jordan on TAR? I'm sure they were. But, all that extra help that those fans provided, IMO, helped a lot more than it hindered. A lot of those fans were trying to find posts that gave clues as to where the teams were too. I've been watching TAR ever since season 6. But, I also am a BB & Jeff and Jordan fan. I haven't spent any time at all searching for information.  But, there were a lot of people that spent hours searching through twitter & travel blogs in order to find out where teams were at. That's a lot of extra help from Jeff and Jordan fans that never would have been there. At this point the only other team that had been photographed during the course of the race that had been suspected as being eliminated were the G/G team. There just hasn't been any information about other teams. Had there been more, I'm sure that would have been discussed here, as well.

Great Post :cmas16 I honestly had a harder time seaching through tweets and FB posts regarding people watching TAR then i did about JEJO fans tweeting about them racing. Plus it was Jejo fans who joined the efforts to search for TAR sightings and found a few tidbits that may have been overlooked. Not to diminish the amazing work of the TAR detectives here, because they are unparalleled IMO, but I don't think it's necessary to beat up on the JEJO fans anymore then they already have been from the likes of people like that bitchy Blogger person, who I'm onthe record for thinking she's full of crap, i mean who puts out two conflicting reports from the same source.

I mean really. ... so you're source says they spotted JEJO in Germany, ok, then a week later, your same source says that they have sources that say JEJO were out 2nd or 3rd, wouldn't that same source say "that can't be true!" to their source since they claim to have seen JEJO in Germany themselves? It just mkes no sense.  :cmas12

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #493 on: December 18, 2009, 03:43:44 AM »

I've been looking into this post from the message forum. b.batok blk 334 (Bukit Batok Block 334) is apparently an apartment or condominium building. From some research, I found that a mama shop is a convenience store operated by an individual, not a corporation. It is usually located on the ground floor public area (also called the void area) of the condominium and offers cheap snacks, magazines and toys, anything that the building residents might need. Below this post is a picture I found of a mama store.

There appears to be nothing too special about the apartment building. However, there are several detour or roadblock possibilities nearby. It is across the road from the Bukit Batok Driving Centre (where driving tests are conducted) and the Bukit Batok Golf Range (not a golf course, just a driving range). Maps also show a Home Team Adventure Center and I found a school newsletter at http://snipurl.com/tqr0z. The newsletter shows kids at the Adventure Center walking along a wire suspended well above ground, rock climbing, paddling a dragon boat and rappelling (or maybe that's a zip line). There are also 4 primary and secondary schools and an old folks home within a few blocks. The Bukit Gombak stadium is about a half mile or so away. It was a 3000 seat soccer stadium and is now used as a Center of Excellence for the Singapore Athletic Association.

I've tried to post a satellite image, but I don't have the knack. I'll leave that for others. I used the map and satellite image at http://singapore.gumtree.sg/c-ViewMap?AdId=170492398. I'd put the image in, but I don't want to hot link it and I think it would post the entire page.

I'm not sure I believe this is where the pit stop was located, but it is somewhat protected and isolated from large numbers of people. It wouldn't be the strangest pit stop ever.

Plaidmoon

« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 03:53:09 AM by Plaidmoon2 »

Offline Dragoondaniel

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #494 on: December 18, 2009, 04:10:02 AM »

There's also some speculation about meeting "PCK" or "LKY and familee" or "the prata man". I assume these are local celebrities and are pure speculation.

Plaidmoon

FYI, PCK is of course, Phua Chu kang, the joker-character (yellow boots, curly hair, big mole on his face) that gave away the clues to teams who did the "Dry" detour in Singapore in TAR3.

LKY stands for Lee Kuan Yew, the "legendary" ex-prime minister and leader of all leaders so-to-speak of modern Singapore. I highly doubt he'll be involved in TAR?

And the prata man i have no idea. prata is probably related to roti prata, a local india-inspired delicacy where flour is eaten with curry. perhaps to find someone who makes these pratas? (quite a lot of skill is needed to make the pratas, btw. its a bit like pizza-making)

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #495 on: December 18, 2009, 04:22:37 AM »
Quote from: ams06 link=topic=21193.msg503762#msg503762 date=1261121433

[quote

I was at T3 yesterday night at this breadshop nxt to where the bus "stop" is, then there was this AETOS security guard, and two ang moh pple surfing the free internet on the com at that bread shop(forgot the name)....

[/quote]

T3 appears to be Terminal 3 at Changi airport in Singapore. The only other reference I found was to a T3 magazine which makes no sense. Not sure what a bread shop is. A restaurant or bakery? Certainly if a team was killing time waiting for a flight, doing research on the internet would make a lot of sense.

Plaidmoon
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 04:28:05 AM by Plaidmoon2 »

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #496 on: December 18, 2009, 04:26:53 AM »

Plaidmoon

FYI, PCK is of course, Phua Chu kang, the joker-character (yellow boots, curly hair, big mole on his face) that gave away the clues to teams who did the "Dry" detour in Singapore in TAR3.

LKY stands for Lee Kuan Yew, the "legendary" ex-prime minister and leader of all leaders so-to-speak of modern Singapore. I highly doubt he'll be involved in TAR?

And the prata man i have no idea. prata is probably related to roti prata, a local india-inspired delicacy where flour is eaten with curry. perhaps to find someone who makes these pratas? (quite a lot of skill is needed to make the pratas, btw. its a bit like pizza-making)

Thanks. I saw PCK in the article you posted. I doubt I would have figured out the rest if I searched for a month.  :cmaslol   :cmaslol  :cmaslol

Plaidmoon

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #497 on: December 18, 2009, 05:15:06 AM »
I now understand how tough your jobs are!

I searched Twitter with the words "Amazing Race Singapore", and I waded through pageloads of "Wow, I heard The Amazing Race is in Singapore." :groan: I got frustrated after 2 minutes, I don't know how you guys manage to find what you do! :cmas17
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #498 on: December 18, 2009, 05:33:45 AM »
Saw this posted on Facebook:

Nathan Antoun assisted the blue team of the Amazing Race in Penang on Monday.

It was posted on Wed at 7:20am

Would that fit the timeline?

Offline ltvols

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #499 on: December 18, 2009, 05:38:23 AM »
that would be right since the pic of phil was perhaps at the penang airport  - i believe that pic was taken monday.  the pics from singapore were taken on tues