Author Topic: The Amazing Race 16 Sightings/Info: Tweets Go here please!  (Read 364773 times)

Offline YY

• RFF Full Member
Re: The Amazing Race 16 Sightings/Info: Tweets Go here please!
« Reply #450 on: December 17, 2009, 06:02:12 PM »
I tend to believe her as well.  If you read her blogs, she's obviously not a big fan of Jordan, therefore - without proof of their elimination, she would have been tarred and feathered if she'd mentioned this back then.  However, now that the mexico photo is out, she can discuss more of her knowledge of the race without the deluge of naysayers!   IMO, without the photo coming out yesterday, I would have doubted her as well and chalked it up to her dislike for Jordan.

I agree.

Offline kittygoesmeow

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #451 on: December 17, 2009, 06:03:04 PM »
puddin I think the two in question are the cowboys...if you look at the very first picture of them at the airport, the one guy (who I suspected to be Tim Abbott) has a very different hairline. It looks pretty similar to the guy without a hat.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #452 on: December 17, 2009, 06:07:28 PM »
I don't care about the JJ bit...what I want to know is what was said exactly about Germany.

So far all I can find is the vague newspaper mention that they were going on to Germany.....

I would like to be linked to whatever firm info we have on Germany as a location, because I don't seem to have that.

Was it posted here? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #453 on: December 17, 2009, 06:09:32 PM »
I don't care about the JJ bit...what I want to know is what was said exactly about Germany.

So far all I can find is the vague newspaper mention that they were going on to Germany.....

I would like to be linked to whatever firm info we have on Germany as a location, because I don't seem to have that.

Was it posted here? ???

I'm pretty sure thats all there ever was.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #454 on: December 17, 2009, 06:12:10 PM »
No, That was in SA. YY is saying that we also have a blogger who states that teams went to Germany. If so, I would like the link to that post, because I have no memory of that.

Of course, today I have NO memory, so.... :colors
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline YY

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #455 on: December 17, 2009, 06:22:16 PM »
No, That was in SA. YY is saying that we also have a blogger who states that teams went to Germany. If so, I would like the link to that post, because I have no memory of that.

Of course, today I have NO memory, so.... :colors

Actually it's ColetteLala from Twitter who reported that JJ were spotted in Germany and had survived the first four legs, but, and please don't take offense at this y'all, many here seemed skeptical of other things I reported by her today so......

Offline DianeC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #456 on: December 17, 2009, 06:41:36 PM »
RT @ColetteLala: TAR 16 Update: Jeff & Jordan still in race after 4 eliminations. Last spotted in Germany. ~ :>)

Is this another fake?

Here is the post Peaches

http://bitchysurvivor.blogspot.com/

ColetteLala's site
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 06:56:38 PM by DianeC »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #457 on: December 17, 2009, 06:47:42 PM »
Thanks Diane. Without more supporting evidence or a photo we need to withhold judgement. Could be true, or not. I have no way to judge as I am not familiar with this person. Who is ColetteLala? ???

Heee.... I thought somewhere there was a whole post about Germany that I missed! feel better that it was just one line.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #458 on: December 17, 2009, 06:50:10 PM »
puddin I think the two in question are the cowboys...if you look at the very first picture of them at the airport, the one guy (who I suspected to be Tim Abbott) has a very different hairline. It looks pretty similar to the guy without a hat.
No its the Camos

photo courtesy of Chateau :kisses

« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 06:52:46 PM by TexasLady »

Offline DianeC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #459 on: December 17, 2009, 06:52:05 PM »
Thanks Diane. Without more supporting evidence or a photo we need to withhold judgement. Could be true, or not. I have no way to judge as I am not familiar with this person. Who is ColetteLala? ???

Heee.... I thought somewhere there was a whole post about Germany that I missed! feel better that it was just one line.

She runs a blog and can't stand JJ..I think her blog is called BitchyBlog
http://bitchysurvivor.blogspot.com/

or something like that..LOL
I'll look through the threads as i thought there was more on Germany myself, but can't remember now! :cmas5
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 07:00:27 PM by DianeC »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #460 on: December 17, 2009, 07:06:16 PM »
I tend to believe her as well.  If you read her blogs, she's obviously not a big fan of Jordan, therefore - without proof of their elimination, she would have been tarred and feathered if she'd mentioned this back then.  However, now that the mexico photo is out, she can discuss more of her knowledge of the race without the deluge of naysayers!   IMO, without the photo coming out yesterday, I would have doubted her as well and chalked it up to her dislike for Jordan.

I agree.
I think shes full of **** and has no sources, maybe flying saucers but not sources. I just think its convenient that she changed her "sources" right after the Mexico photo appeared and FWIW we have no evidence of a leg in Germany, nothing but hear say from the news paper report. Doesn't mean they didn't fly through Germany ie transit.

ETA: I'll even take it a bit farther and predict that she comes up with another source to cover her tracks once more spoilers emerge.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 07:12:45 PM by puddin »

Offline kittygoesmeow

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #461 on: December 17, 2009, 07:26:49 PM »
Good call puddin :) didn't see that picture before.

Offline YY

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #462 on: December 17, 2009, 07:28:27 PM »
And there's no evidence negating what she said either. I honestly thought we were taking all things we find and dissecting them and honestly, this isn't a slam on someone, but because she gives her opinions so freely, not only about the people on the shows but also about the various boards that talk about her, could that maybe be why some are skeptical to believe her? You can remove this post if you want, I don't want to cause discord, just sayin.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #463 on: December 17, 2009, 07:47:32 PM »
Her  "opinions " are not in question, but here we go on evidence. That can either be a proven track record (we all know not all sources can be acknowledged),  or firm evidence such as a photo. To a detective, without one of those things, any info has to be analyzed, dissected, and held to be possibly untrue until proven. It isn't personal.

let's move on. I would love to see any real evidence though, if some appears, until then Germany remains a question.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Reality show Freak :)
« Reply #464 on: December 17, 2009, 08:10:43 PM »
Yirene have done a great help!!

So can confirm Marina Barrage might be a Route Info or Pitstop..

Cause when we go up all the way up, it is a great view to see whole Singapore and a perfect stop for Pitstop or maybe they is some route info there as there are Kite flying there...

I was there months ago and yah is a perfect place for a nice Pitstop!!
Coming Soon Autowil Amazing Race 1 - 2023....

Offline Sailing

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #465 on: December 17, 2009, 08:26:43 PM »
Found this. I will include the link to the source:

btw today been to changi, from what i see, (and my friend's opinion) is the amazing race

http://politics.sgforums.com/forums/3247/topics/353112?page=7

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Reality show Freak :)
« Reply #466 on: December 17, 2009, 08:52:04 PM »
But weird he din include the details of what he see...

Coming Soon Autowil Amazing Race 1 - 2023....

Offline ltvols

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #467 on: December 17, 2009, 09:10:18 PM »
I thought there was more on Germany too.  Was that information really just one or two sentences?  Seriously - we discussed McDonalds and Ice Cream for days!

Offline DianeC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #468 on: December 17, 2009, 09:11:49 PM »
From AlanRidgway

about 4 hours ago. Says he is located in Obregon, Sonora Mex.

DE AQUI A THE AMAZING RACE HAHAHAHA JAJAJAJA NO MAMES !!!!

dont know what it means. I am determined to find something I wont sleep till I do, rest easy puddin. I am here to work haha

Since JEJO were seen in Mexico..Are you sure this Tweet doesn't mean anything?

Offline ltvols

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #469 on: December 17, 2009, 09:18:48 PM »
translated means from here to the amazing race  - jajajaja is another way to say hahahaha because the H is silent in spanish and the J makes an H sound

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #470 on: December 17, 2009, 09:22:59 PM »
I thought there was more on Germany too.  Was that information really just one or two sentences?  Seriously - we discussed McDonalds and Ice Cream for days!

McDonalds wasn't about Germany though...it was the Phil sighting.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ottopilot

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #471 on: December 17, 2009, 09:24:24 PM »
I thought there was more on Germany too.  Was that information really just one or two sentences?  Seriously - we discussed McDonalds and Ice Cream for days!

I think it was the article by the reporter in Chile who said something about going on to Germany from there...and then after that article got out this Colette lady said she had a "source" that told her they were in Germany. I'll try to find it.

Here is the link:  http://www.anbariloche.com.ar/noticia.php?nota=11904

It is in Spanish but it is the first sentence above the pic that says something like before continuing on to Germany, I believe that is where the whole idea started?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 09:31:45 PM by ottopilot »

Offline ltvols

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #472 on: December 17, 2009, 09:31:32 PM »
peach - did we ever come a conclusion where Phil was in that photo?  I just assumed, after the discussions and confirmed sightings it was on his trip to Singapore

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #473 on: December 17, 2009, 09:32:59 PM »
I just remembered this translator site thanks to Slowhatch  :cmas16

http://www.nicetranslator.com/

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #474 on: December 17, 2009, 09:37:16 PM »
peach - did we ever come a conclusion where Phil was in that photo?  I just assumed, after the discussions and confirmed sightings it was on his trip to Singapore

We believe that the McDonald's was a match for PENANG AIRPORT, but can't be 100% sure.
RFF's Golden Rule: