Author Topic: The Amazing Race 16 Sightings/Info: Tweets Go here please!  (Read 363506 times)

DavidJunior

Re: The Amazing Race 16 Sightings/Info: Tweets Go here please!
« Reply #350 on: December 14, 2009, 01:02:20 PM »
Here you go Coutzy.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/tw/tw_1764.html

Let's go to spec with this?

surprisingly, the only one on the list is the Philippines, and that's only certain regions

but, like WP was saying, we could probably rule out Russia, Mongolia, and at least the northern half of China (if the local time really is 5:45pm)

you could possibly rule out HK, Macau, Malaysia, and Taiwan (all of which were used in recent races, but i guess that never stopped WRP before...)

the same could probably be said for Perth (doesn't mean I don't think they'll go to Australia this race tho)

so that leaves us with the possibility of Singapore, Brunei, Indonesia, or Philippines (at least in my book)

or it could just be waiting for a flight connection which puts HK, Kuala Lumpur, Taipei, and Macau back on the map

Offline ltvols

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #351 on: December 14, 2009, 01:41:14 PM »
i found this earlier today on Twitter - translated though google - i have no clue what it means but the language is indonesian.....so after this last post, i figured I'd post it!  HAHA   

adicahyo RT @MandaMarcella: RT @ditrr: Ehhh heksakra new year sekalian amazing race yuk hahahahah ngasal http://myloc.me/25Dzx

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #352 on: December 14, 2009, 01:44:54 PM »
i found this earlier today on Twitter - translated though google - i have no clue what it means but the language is indonesian.....so after this last post, i figured I'd post it!  HAHA   

adicahyo RT @MandaMarcella: RT @ditrr: Ehhh heksakra new year sekalian amazing race yuk hahahahah ngasal http://myloc.me/25Dzx

Interesting...for me it says it's in Malay. :cmas5
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline ltvols

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #353 on: December 14, 2009, 01:55:01 PM »
here's the original tweet i found that translated to indonesian....not sure why that comes up malay.....

yoshisteven: seru kok, cuma gw peserta ya ngk mau ngurus -_____- RT @ditrr: Ehhh heksakra new year sekalian amazing race yuk hahahahah ngasal

http://www.google.com/translate_t?text=seru+kok,+cuma+gw+peserta+ya+ngk+mau+ngurus&sl=id&tl=en&hl=en&ei=Q5cmS56tGpKFnQf46bHwCQ&sa=X&oi=translation&ct=result&ved=0CAsQmwM#

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #354 on: December 14, 2009, 01:57:50 PM »
 :cmaslol  Not to overlook the obvious about the Phil sighting @ McDonalds, but the short sleeve shirts suggest a warm climate (probably closer to the equator than not), the travel bag suggests an airport restaurant (possibly), not to mention the sheer size of the place.  Not sure if the red uniforms of the "burger flippers" indicates anything.   :cmas22

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #355 on: December 14, 2009, 02:38:30 PM »
Even in McDonald's over here, employees are in red shirts. So I don't think that's going to help. (Just sayin'.)
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #356 on: December 14, 2009, 02:55:37 PM »
 :cmaslol  FWIW, I don't think he had a Big Mac... the mustard colored package indicates a "chicken" product.  :groan:

new McDonalds packaging link here

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #357 on: December 14, 2009, 03:00:28 PM »
Damn...  this is what happens when we go a week with no new sightings.  :cmas18

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline DianeC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #358 on: December 14, 2009, 03:13:08 PM »
Ummmm..LMBO..Am I on the right topic??

Gantiannnn yg ipa yg ngurusin amazing race skrg ayo ayo ayo hahaha tambah ngasal  :mas25

Best Google translation was Indonesian...makes no sense tho to me!

Ipa Gantiannnn skrg g g ngurusin amazing race hahaha come on come on come on ngasal added
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 03:17:28 PM by DianeC »

Offline cssmithvt

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #359 on: December 14, 2009, 03:14:57 PM »
This may or may not be off topic for 16 but this may help confirm drydenfire as a staffer:

http://twitpic.com/7bkkc

183 days ago would be roughly TAR 15 filming no? and toward the end of that race? how long was TAR 15 in the can before airing?

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #360 on: December 14, 2009, 03:16:02 PM »
nable was a team

Offline kittygoesmeow

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #361 on: December 14, 2009, 03:22:42 PM »
IIRC, when I was 6 I'm pretty sure I threw a fit in the Perth Airport because they didn't have a McDonalds (what can I say? I was a picky eater...and a brat  :cmas19)

Offline kittygoesmeow

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #362 on: December 14, 2009, 03:29:17 PM »
What about the red and white baggage tag on the bag behind Phil? Think that could help at all?

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #363 on: December 14, 2009, 03:43:04 PM »
What about the red and white baggage tag on the bag behind Phil? Think that could help at all?

Yeah it could.  Also try looking up airports with mcdonalds in asia/pacific to see what could be found.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #364 on: December 14, 2009, 03:47:51 PM »
All further discussion of the McDonald's sighting should be in the speculation thread please.

We are trying to keep this thread only for the live incoming info, discussion of those sightings should go to spec.

Thanks guys! :waves:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Hellataz

• RFF Not So Newbie
    • Jeff and Jordan Fan site
« Reply #365 on: December 14, 2009, 04:18:43 PM »
I'm sorry if this was already posted, this place can be a little confusing, but someone at our site found this sighting of a clue box in Singapore. I think i read in one of these threads that you guys already had some leads suggesting Singapore, so maybe this was what you were referring to.

i just saw the amazing race cluebox at bukit batok, between bukit batok and jurong east, so might be wondering if the new season of amazing race 16 might be stopping in singapore for race

Source: http://forums.sgclub.com/singapore/amazing_race_singapore_230559.html

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #366 on: December 14, 2009, 04:26:03 PM »
already posted, discussing in spec. Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Hellataz

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #367 on: December 14, 2009, 10:47:57 PM »
Not sure, this kinda sounds like the first eppy of TAR15, but maybe they are being made to do a similar challange

ntn amazing race pas tantangan makan wasabi jd mau nyusi..nyusi nyok @ankiharry @rithadewi.. http://myloc.me/26dhr nyokkk!!

Translated:
NTN amazing race challenge fit to eat wasabi nyusi .. jd nyusi nyok @ ankiharry @ rithadewi .. http://myloc.me/26dhr nyokkk!!

or

ntn amazing race pass challenges like eating wasabi jd nyusi .. nyusi nyok ankiharry @ @ rithadewi .. http://myloc.me/26dhr nyokkk!

Which makes it sound more like they are referring to past seasons.

Also this tweet, could be anything cause i have no idea which airport she is at:

@hmzacarias
Seeing this one white man waiting at the same gate as us, I can't stop thinking that he is just a contestant on the Amazing Race.
about 2 hours ago from txt
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 10:53:01 PM by Hellataz »

Offline cssmithvt

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #368 on: December 14, 2009, 11:04:06 PM »
Also this tweet, could be anything cause i have no idea which airport she is at:

@hmzacarias
Seeing this one white man waiting at the same gate as us, I can't stop thinking that he is just a contestant on the Amazing Race.

Probably Philly and a tweet sent from the afternoon said she's going to the Philippines....maybe there's a layover in Philly on the way to another American city? not sure, the detectives around here would know more than me I think.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #369 on: December 15, 2009, 02:05:25 AM »
I'm sorry if this was already posted, this place can be a little confusing, but someone at our site found this sighting of a clue box in Singapore. I think i read in one of these threads that you guys already had some leads suggesting Singapore, so maybe this was what you were referring to.

i just saw the amazing race cluebox at bukit batok, between bukit batok and jurong east, so might be wondering if the new season of amazing race 16 might be stopping in singapore for race

Source: http://forums.sgclub.com/singapore/amazing_race_singapore_230559.html

They will probably go to somewhere more touristy, unless another stupid dry/wet detour.

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #370 on: December 15, 2009, 02:42:13 AM »

@hmzacarias

Probably Philly and a tweet sent from the afternoon said she's going to the Philippines....maybe there's a layover in Philly on the way to another American city? not sure, the detectives around here would know more than me I think.

This won't happen, obviously, she's going to the Philippines from the US, so that is impossible if TAR teams are speculated to be in Asia right now...
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline Hellataz

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #371 on: December 15, 2009, 04:57:01 AM »
Yeah sorry, i misread her tweets, i thought she was already in the Philippines headed back home.

Offline ob-la-di-ob-la-da

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #372 on: December 15, 2009, 09:53:05 AM »
Found this on Facebook, from someone in Malaysia, posted an hour ago (9:50am CST):

Today -> AMAZING RACE!!pit stop-*tuaran-inanam-bundusan-lintas-sempelang-tg aru-wisma merdeka-karamunsing-lintas-sempelang* =.='

The best that Google Translate can do:
Today -> AMAZING RACE!!pit stop- Tuaran Inanam bundusan cross sempelang tg aru Wisma Merdeka Karamunsing cross sempelang

Wisma Merdeka Karamunsing is a shopping center in Kota Kinabalu City, in Sabah.  

Can anyone get a better translation?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 09:56:39 AM by ob-la-di-ob-la-da »

Offline ob-la-di-ob-la-da

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #373 on: December 15, 2009, 10:03:54 AM »
The next post on this person's FB page says:

tadi saya kelam kabut pegi tuaran...skali ada kelisa manas keta dia kena over take...trus dia mo racing ma saya??!!!hahahahahahaha...paluiiiiii........malu kalah ma pmpn lah tue....wakakakakaka!!!
Google translation:
I just messy pegi Tuaran ... skali have Kelisa manas keta is he over take him ... trus mo ma me ??!!! racing hahahahahahaha ... paluiiiiii ........ shame losing ma pmpn lah tue .... wakakakakaka!

And a reply to this wall post is:
bagitu la ba gaya bumiputera....eksiden nanti kena angkat ambulans juga...no komen....
Google translation:
bagitu la ba Bumiputera style .... eksiden later also be adopted ambulance ... no comment ....

Offline Izad

• " spoiler extraordinaire "
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #374 on: December 15, 2009, 10:09:29 AM »
Found this on Facebook, from someone in Malaysia, posted an hour ago (9:50am CST):

Today -> AMAZING RACE!!pit stop-*tuaran-inanam-bundusan-lintas-sempelang-tg aru-wisma merdeka-karamunsing-lintas-sempelang* =.='

The best that Google Translate can do:
Today -> AMAZING RACE!!pit stop- Tuaran Inanam bundusan cross sempelang tg aru Wisma Merdeka Karamunsing cross sempelang

Wisma Merdeka Karamunsing is a shopping center in Kota Kinabalu City, in Sabah.  

Can anyone get a better translation?

tuaran-inanam-bundusan-lintas-sempelang-tg aru-wisma merdeka-karamunsing-lintas-sempelang

these are location names:
tuaran
inanam
bundusan
lintas
sempelang
tanjung aru
wisma merdeka
karamunsing
lintas
sempelang