Author Topic: The Amazing Race 16 Sightings/Info: Tweets Go here please!  (Read 363498 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: The Amazing Race 16 Sightings/Info: Tweets Go here please!
« Reply #150 on: December 03, 2009, 05:05:24 AM »
So I guess they are in South Africa. Dont know what a mini is or what a Jozi is?

All data needs to be analyzed Ryan, before we assume anything.

A mini in Africa is a car/van.

Jozi is Johannesburg.

I think this sounds more like a corporate event of some sort.... the tweeter was involved with some sort of an event at Kylami racetrack in Jo-burg for Intel recently also.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ob-la-di-ob-la-da

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #151 on: December 03, 2009, 07:54:45 AM »
I agree with georgiapeach -

Found this series of tweets:

nafisa1 http://post.ly/E19Y - Fleet of Mini's at our disposal (Apple's Amazing Race)
yusufk @nafisa1 the black convertable looks awesome! Apples amazing race?
nafisa1 @yusufk yeah, for media. It's part of their A-Z of SA campaign. We drove around taking pics that represents SA.

(SA = South Africa)
Sounds like a promotional campaign for representations of South Africa and nafisa1 is taking photos. (and I looked really hard in that photo of the Mini Coopers lined up, and as hard as I tried, I could not see any yellow cards with red stripes tucked under the windshield wipers!) ;-)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #152 on: December 03, 2009, 08:12:10 AM »
The reports of where teams probably sent are interesting because of ties to past Amazing Races. AR11 ep. 3 went to Puerto Montt, distinguished by the Fish Whisperer ROADBLOCK in nearby Metri and the white water rafting DETOUR near Petrohue. Bariloche is the site of the AR5, ep.3 Chocolate Factory ROADBLOCK. I am waiting for a sighting in the Mendoza area so teams can relive the infamous AR7 Meat ROADBLOCK at Camping Suizo, but Bariloche is about 600 miles south of Mendoza so this may not happen.

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #153 on: December 03, 2009, 08:39:14 AM »
Found another Facebook post:

It says 5 hours ago (so around 7pm EST?  which is 9pm in Chile?) Jeremiah Kent posted:
Totes ran into the Amazing Race today on the way to Bariloche, gave a team my map, now i don't know where the [bleep] i am. Hope everyones having fun getting ready for 3 nights of MSG... [bleep]ers =)

[had to clean it up a bit!]

He has a blog (http://earthtojebber.com/) that says he's currently in Bariloche.  So I'm not sure if the TAR team was also on their way to Bariloche, or if he was on his way to Bariloche when he was approached by the team.   A recent tweet (http://twitter.com/jebberz) says:
Walked round Santiago, Chile yesterday, took a night bus to Oserno, and now waiting to cross the the Alps and the border to Bariloche, Arg

So he could have run into the TAR team on the night bus to Oserno, or where he's waiting to cross the Alps, or maybe anywhere in between?  BTW, that tweet was 17 hours ago...

Jeremiah Kent replied to his own Facebook status 58 minutes ago (around 8:45 CST):
guess who was on one of the teams, miss teen dumbass usa, south carolina =)

Offline YY

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #154 on: December 03, 2009, 08:44:26 AM »
Dont know if this guy maybe knows something that we dont or if he was just tongue and cheeking it. Either way, I found this text and I sent him a response still waiting back. I am assuming he is located out of LA, based on someone asking him if he was going to the LA xmas lighting. Maybe he has conections or he was just joking. either way thought i would post it.

From BBNanSEE
around 2 hours ago...
@jeannievanrhys im sorry, now that they were out early from the amazing race, jeff invited me to spend the holidays in his bed. sorry!

First let me say that I have been lurking here a while & am a HUGE TAR fan! I have watched ever since Season 6.

And it's sad that this post is what brought me out of lurkdom, but I had to explain this.

BBNanSEE & jeannievanrhys are fake accounts. They are actually one of 7 fake accounts set up by one crazy person. They tweet completely false made up things about a lot of celebrities, many of them reality people, and themselves. Jeff is their newest addition. These accounts are known throughout the BB community & any tweets by them about Jeff and Jordan and TAR should be disregarded & not even acknowledged. The other accounts used by this one person (who most believe is a 15 yr old boy) are mollymshephard, jerisweetie, Mariasoliz, SallyMitchellVT, michellesexyi.

Clearly, these people couldn't possibly have gotten info from people they say that are supposedly racing & know what has happened. BBNanSEE tweeted a couple of days ago that Sylvia & Anna yielded Jeff & Jordan on the first leg & got them eliminated. Or, maybe TAR is now allowing the teams to keep their cell phones & text or call people during the race & give them updates.LOL!!

Just thought you all would probably need this information & not waste your time dealing with these twitter accounts.

:groan:

Just an fyi, bbnansee admitted in a tweet that she was lying about Jeff as well, to piss off his fans, and everything in the post I quoted is 100% correct. And as we all know, as was pointed out, teams go into sequester at Elimination Station. I don't know what sort of communication they're allowed, but somehow I doubt it would be much from ES.

Pretty much what they say is bull****.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 09:26:08 AM by YY »

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #155 on: December 03, 2009, 08:54:20 AM »
Apparently production is based at the Patagonian Summits hotel in Puerto Varas... http://www.melia-patagonia.com/en

Sorry - translation problem - its actualy this hotel: http://www.cumbrespatagonicas.cl/

#1 Carlos Thomas 02-12-2009 20:53
Todo se coordina desde el hotel Cumbres Patagónicas de Puerto Varas. Una de las personas encargadas es María Elena Bartsch. Y es tanto el secretismo que en el hotel todos niegan el conocimiento de lo que se realiza en la sala de eventos localizada en el subterráneo, al lado de la exposición de pinturas de Rubén Schneider.
Which google translates to:
Everything is coordinated from the Patagonian Summits hotel Puerto Varas. One of the persons responsible is Maria Elena Bartsch. And it is all the secrecy at the hotel all deny knowledge of what is done in the boardroom located in the basement, next to the exhibition of paintings by Ruben Schneider.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 09:53:56 AM by walkingpneumonia »
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #156 on: December 03, 2009, 09:21:32 AM »
I believe Maria is a wilderness guide specializing in travel around the Lakes Region...

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #157 on: December 03, 2009, 10:20:01 AM »
The reports of where teams probably sent are interesting because of ties to past Amazing Races. AR11 ep. 3 went to Puerto Montt, distinguished by the Fish Whisperer ROADBLOCK in nearby Metri and the white water rafting DETOUR near Petrohue. Bariloche is the site of the AR5, ep.3 Chocolate Factory ROADBLOCK. I am waiting for a sighting in the Mendoza area so teams can relive the infamous AR7 Meat ROADBLOCK at Camping Suizo, but Bariloche is about 600 miles south of Mendoza so this may not happen.

I'm going to make a wild guess that Bariloche is a real destination.  The reason is so that the chocolate factory Roadblock can be our Switchback for the season.  Yumm.   :lol:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #158 on: December 03, 2009, 10:35:00 AM »
I believe Maria is a wilderness guide specializing in travel around the Lakes Region...

So we need to look at the Lakes... :yess:

Great info!! Can we move this discussion to Locations now please??

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,21253.0.html
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline jmb510

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #159 on: December 03, 2009, 12:15:22 PM »
This just came up on Twitter from @Zach_Savage.  He's in Lima, Peru.

http://twitpic.com/rzmlx - Look what I found! Amazing Race!
1 minute ago from TwitPic

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #160 on: December 03, 2009, 12:19:02 PM »
This just came up on Twitter from @Zach_Savage.  He's in Lima, Peru.

http://twitpic.com/rzmlx - Look what I found! Amazing Race!
1 minute ago from TwitPic

« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 04:26:28 PM by TexasLady »

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #161 on: December 03, 2009, 12:26:48 PM »
Fake? Looks a little too perfect. Not even a dirt smudge or dinged corner.

Offline kristin626

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #162 on: December 03, 2009, 12:27:38 PM »
Wonder if he is still in Lima, Peru or somewhere more remote:

@zach_savage
We're leaving Lima tomorrow to deliver medical supplies to the clinic. We're traveling with the docs from Doctors without Borders.    7:18 PM Nov 19th   from web  
Would stay and chat but the van is leaving. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! I'm still alive and no one has stolen my human fat yet!    7 minutes ago   from web  

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #163 on: December 03, 2009, 12:31:43 PM »

@zach_savage
We're leaving Lima tomorrow to deliver medical supplies to the clinic. We're traveling with the docs from Doctors without Borders.    7:18 PM Nov 19th   from web  
Would stay and chat but the van is leaving. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! I'm still alive and no one has stolen my human fat yet!    7 minutes ago   from web  

I thought the same thing, but keep going down -- it says:
I'll try and update more often whenever we're in Lima to pick up supplies.

So it sounds like he has computer/Internet access only while in Lima? 

His latest tweet says
Would stay and chat but the van is leaving.
So it may be hard for anyone to ask him any questions and receive a timely response...

Offline jmb510

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #164 on: December 03, 2009, 12:34:53 PM »

@zach_savage

If you read through his tweets, he doesn't strike me as the type to post something fake like this, but one never knows.

Offline kristin626

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #165 on: December 03, 2009, 12:37:43 PM »

@zach_savage

I thought the same thing, but keep going down -- it says:
I'll try and update more often whenever we're in Lima to pick up supplies.

So it sounds like he has computer/Internet access only while in Lima?  

His latest tweet says
Would stay and chat but the van is leaving.
So it may be hard for anyone to ask him any questions and receive a timely response...

Good call on the access only in the city.  The envelope does look a little too perfect, but who knows.  Seems like a pretty random guy (looks like he is in the peace corps?) to have faked an envelope...

I bet there is a TON of stuff in Peru that could be done.  It's summer and warm there right now correct?

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #166 on: December 03, 2009, 12:44:55 PM »
The guy in "Masada" last year also seemed like a pretty normal guy who faked a clue. The text on the envelope looks too well-centered to me, compared with past envelopes, which have the text closer to the bottom of the envelope (see below).

Also the font on "RACE" is not heavy enough and the envelope is too big. I smell fake.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 04:28:30 PM by TexasLady »

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #167 on: December 03, 2009, 12:53:54 PM »
I thought the envelope was too squarish, not rectangular enough. I could be wrong, but I've been trying to find out the dimensions of the envelopes since TAR 2... :duno:

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #168 on: December 03, 2009, 12:55:40 PM »
Yep, Neobie - wrong shape is a better description than wrong size.

Offline TARandJJFan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #169 on: December 03, 2009, 01:05:56 PM »
Yep, Neobie - wrong shape is a better description than wrong size.

I agree! Too square.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #170 on: December 03, 2009, 01:06:18 PM »
If the exif data is accurate, it was taken about an hour ago with a 3G iPhone outside of 11571 Ohio ave., Los Angeles.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #171 on: December 03, 2009, 01:09:10 PM »
Ooh! Busted!

But does Peru have 3G iPhone reception?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #172 on: December 03, 2009, 01:15:10 PM »
I thought the envelope was too squarish, not rectangular enough. I could be wrong, but I've been trying to find out the dimensions of the envelopes since TAR 2... :duno:

Well, you never asked ME! That I can get.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #173 on: December 03, 2009, 01:18:21 PM »
If the exif data is accurate, it was taken about an hour ago with a 3G iPhone outside of 11571 Ohio ave., Los Angeles.
:yess: :jam:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #174 on: December 03, 2009, 01:23:29 PM »
An actual clue closeup:

« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 04:29:15 PM by TexasLady »
RFF's Golden Rule: