Author Topic: The Amazing Race 16 Sightings/Info: Tweets Go here please!  (Read 362691 times)

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Amazing Race 16 Sightings/Info: Tweets Go here please!
« Reply #675 on: January 11, 2010, 06:29:07 AM »
Okay guys, I got a friend who works as a stall assistant in Sim Lim Square, she says on December 15/16, she cannot remember the date, but she says she saw a dark African-American cameraman somewhere near Bugis MRT, trying to film, and and two Caucasians, asking for directions to find an ice-cream man. She pointed them to a nearby McDonalds, but one of them nodded their head, saying no. She is sure that it is an older man, the other might be a girl.

I also know a small girl who told me that she saw people with backpacks, at Marina Bay Area (Singapore Flyer?), but could be a tourist group.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #676 on: January 11, 2010, 08:27:35 AM »
Okay guys, I got a friend who works as a stall assistant in Sim Lim Square, she says on December 15/16, she cannot remember the date, but she says she saw a dark African-American cameraman somewhere near Bugis MRT, trying to film, and and two Caucasians, asking for directions to find an ice-cream man. She pointed them to a nearby McDonalds, but one of them nodded their head, saying no. She is sure that it is an older man, the other might be a girl.

I also know a small girl who told me that she saw people with backpacks, at Marina Bay Area (Singapore Flyer?), but could be a tourist group.

I think we already knew about the task involving an ice cream cart. I believe we even have a picture of the cart being filmed. The older man and younger woman sounds like Steve and Allison, if they survived the leg in Penang.

I think they also rode the Singapore Flyer. I know I've seen a couple of pictures of camera men and possibly one team taken in what I believe is the Marina Bay area.

It's good to have more information. Thanks for passing that on to us.  :tup:

Plaidmoon

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #677 on: January 11, 2010, 11:47:18 AM »

Does she remember at what time she saw them asking about the ice-cream man?
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #678 on: January 11, 2010, 05:05:12 PM »

I think we already knew about the task involving an ice cream cart. I believe we even have a picture of the cart being filmed. The older man and younger woman sounds like Steve and Allison, if they survived the leg in Penang.
Wait, Singapore came after Malaysia?  I thought it was before.

Man, the Asian part of this route gets more and more confusing.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #679 on: January 11, 2010, 06:47:01 PM »

Does she remember at what time she saw them asking about the ice-cream man?

noon to about 3pm... note she cannot remember the date by now, it could be anytime in the week of 15/16. I'm not very sure about the Marina Bay one...
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 02:17:27 AM by redskevin88 »

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #680 on: January 11, 2010, 07:18:58 PM »

It made sense for Penang before Singapore, as Changi Airport has flights to all over Asia/Oceania. Penang's airport is much smaller.

Wait, Singapore came after Malaysia?  I thought it was before.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #681 on: January 11, 2010, 08:10:58 PM »
Thanks red!! I agree, this is pretty much what we already know, but more info is always welcome!! :yess:

Guys, watch your quotes...you need to post AFTER the final /quote, which very often hides way down in the box. :(  Much further down than I think it should hide :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #682 on: January 11, 2010, 08:34:05 PM »

Wait, Singapore came after Malaysia?  I thought it was before.

It made sense for Penang before Singapore, as Changi Airport has flights to all over Asia/Oceania. Penang's airport is much smaller.
I see.

So . . . if Carol & Brandy, Jet & Cord, Mike & Louie, Brent & Caitlin, and now, possibly, Steve & Allie were spotted there, then could that mean that Dan & Jordan went out in Malaysia in sixth place instead of in fifth place?

Offline kwando1313

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #683 on: January 11, 2010, 08:53:49 PM »
Well, I'm not sure were to post this, but my TV widget tells me that TAR 16 starts February 14th 2010.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #684 on: January 11, 2010, 08:58:29 PM »
Yes kwando, that's right, but you can read more about it here:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,21383.msg504843.html#msg504843
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #685 on: January 11, 2010, 09:02:07 PM »

I see.

So . . . if Carol & Brandy, Jet & Cord, Mike & Louie, Brent & Caitlin, and now, possibly, Steve & Allie were spotted there, then could that mean that Dan & Jordan went out in Malaysia in sixth place instead of in fifth place?

Once decoys are involved, sightings do NOT equal who is still racing. For now, we can only say who is and has been seen, but remember that that may not translate into who is eliminated.  :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #686 on: January 12, 2010, 06:28:30 PM »

Wait, Singapore came after Malaysia?  I thought it was before.

I see.

Wait, I got something, what does Brent looks like? If Brent looks older that Caitlin, it could be them. Or maybe the leg before could be non-e? Gary & Matt were non eliminated at 5th place, so did Mark and Mikey at Season 14 remember?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #687 on: January 12, 2010, 06:37:50 PM »
We have pics, have you checked page 1 of the contestant thread? Also some in the Timeline page 1 too.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #688 on: January 12, 2010, 07:40:52 PM »
This just came up on Google Alert...FWIW.

Anyone seeing anything else??

Amazing Race 16 visits Djibouti, Africa
Breaking News: Sitings of Amazing Race 16 have been reported in Djibouti, Africa!

http://breakingthenewsbarrier.com/breaknewblogs/?p=2551
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #689 on: January 12, 2010, 07:50:08 PM »
Found this... ???

AMAZING RACE 16

Hussein Ali
Toronto, Canada
  Friday Jan 8
Just back home to Djibouti, and my frien tells me that teams from my favourite show visited here!

No response to a question though.

http://www.topix.com/forum/world/djibouti/TF6M8SOICAQEPAPUH
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #690 on: January 12, 2010, 07:52:18 PM »
So we finally have an Africa visit?  Awesome!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #691 on: January 12, 2010, 07:57:34 PM »
So we finally have an Africa visit?  Awesome!

NO...at this moment we have only an unsubstantiated post reporting "someone said"...now the Detective work begins!!

This would be a new visit for us...but while not on the official US travel warning :list", this is a very dicey place to visit...located between Somalia, Eritrea, and Ethiopia, a wee bit risky. Pirates, anyone?? :lol3:

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1101.html
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #692 on: January 12, 2010, 08:16:05 PM »
So we finally have an Africa visit?  Awesome!

NO...at this moment we have only an unsubstantiated post reporting "someone said"...now the Detective work begins!!

This would be a new visit for us...but while not on the official US travel warning :list", this is a very dicey place to visit...located between Somalia, Eritrea, and Ethiopia, a wee bit risky. Pirates, anyone?? :lol3:

Somebody posted the other day that we have US Marines stationed at Djibouti and one other place that escapes me in Africa. That would dovetail nicely with the rumor I found about the Marines appearing on TAR in 2010. It would also provide at least one task (involving Marines) with no significant danger to the racers from terrorism.

If true, Djibouti should be an interesting stop and could hint at a stop in one of those neighboring countries, which would be fascinating, at least for me. I know a couple of people that are in the coffee business (not very well though) and they don't seem to have any concerns about going to Ethiopia. I'm not sure about the safety of Eritrea or Somalia.

Plaidmoon
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 08:19:57 PM by Plaidmoon2 »

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #693 on: January 12, 2010, 08:18:04 PM »
I have friend somaila i could see if see in thing or it the wrong country

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #694 on: January 12, 2010, 08:28:39 PM »
So we finally have an Africa visit?  Awesome!

Somebody posted the other day that we have US Marines stationed at Djibouti and one other place that escapes me in Africa. That would dovetail nicely with the rumor I found about the Marines appearing on TAR in 2010. It would also provide at least one task (involving Marines) with no significant danger to the racers from terrorism.

If true, Djibouti should be an interesting stop and could hint at a stop in one of those neighboring countries, which would be fascinating, at least for me. I know a couple of people that are in the coffee business (not very well though) and they don't seem to have any concerns about going to Ethiopia. I'm not sure about the safety of Eritrea or Somalia.

Plaidmoon
I think this could be true.  I'd love seeing the race return to Africa after last visiting it in TAR12.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #695 on: January 12, 2010, 08:34:35 PM »
Thinking it could be true is not confirmation though, let's start looking. Would be an excellent new place to visit though!!  I do believe they went to Africa, just need to find out where all they hid. :lol:

Hmmmm...the Marines were working with the French Foreign Legion about then too. :luvu:

http://www.marines.mil/unit/11thmeu/Pages/2009/11thMarineExpeditionaryUnittrainswithFrenchForeignLegion.aspx

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Paron

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #696 on: January 12, 2010, 08:46:57 PM »
Thinking it could be true is not confirmation though
It is for me.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #697 on: January 12, 2010, 08:57:48 PM »
Thinking it could be true is not confirmation though
It is for me.

Great! Now go prove it to the rest of us, lol.

This is actually a good starting place though, we have a new place to search! :yess:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #698 on: January 12, 2010, 09:01:39 PM »
Djibouti, I knew it.  The movie "Planet of the Apes" was filmed mostly in that country near Lake Assal.  According to wikipedia, Djibouti-Ambouli International Airport serves as a base for the French Foreign Legion, French Military Air Operations, and the US Marines "Camp Lemonier."  Ambouli International Airport also has flights to Addis Ababa mainly on Ethiopian Airlines, Nairobi on Kenya Airways, and Paris-CDG on Air France.  The others like Yemen and Somalia also have some flights.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #699 on: January 12, 2010, 09:44:03 PM »
Interesting...there is a flight out of Djibouti on 12/11/09  which arrives Dubai :

Departure Information 
 Airport:    (JIB) Ambouli Airport
 City:    Djibouti, DJ 
Scheduled:    6:30 PM - Fri Dec 11, 2009 
Local Time:   6:34 AM - Wed Jan 13, 2010 

Arrival Information
 Airport:    (DXB) Dubai Airport
 City:    Dubai, AE 
Scheduled:    11:00 PM - Fri Dec 11, 2009 
Terminal:    2 

This would have given Phil an overnight in Dubai before catching the EK 342 flight to KL at 1030 the next AM.

Again...just interesting, not confirming anything.

RFF's Golden Rule: