Author Topic: The Amazing Race 16 Contestant Spoilers  (Read 275205 times)

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
Re: The Amazing Race 16 Contestant Spoilers
« Reply #325 on: December 04, 2009, 08:48:58 AM »
Phil looks like he's smiling more than frowning in the photo. Possibly just avoiding elimination? *wishful thinking...*

It's probably post-elimination, where, if he's smiling, it's part of the post-boot discussion.  In other words, those two, which saddened that their race is over, are happy that they got to be on the show.  Add that to the two talking about how they love each other or something special outside TAR, and that would probably cause Phil to smile.
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline ltvols

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #326 on: December 04, 2009, 10:53:55 AM »
If you look at the regular size picture in the destination thread - Phil isn't smiling at all.....looks like he's listening, pondering, questioning, or confused....that Phil look!  LOL  Also, are we sure that is an all female team (granny and granddaughter?)  Perhaps that is the father daughter team and the granny / granddaughter team are still in!   That just looks like a man to me.....at the ticket counter and at the pit stop.   

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #327 on: December 04, 2009, 11:02:53 AM »
The local reporter (eyewitness) identified her as a 70-something female.  So it's definitely  the grandmother/granddaughter team identified at LAX.  That this is, in fact, the eliminated couple for this leg may be in dispute, but the reporter, again, seemed to think that was the case.

Offline kimj

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #328 on: December 04, 2009, 11:07:09 AM »
and if you look close enough you can tell it's a woman

Offline YY

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #329 on: December 04, 2009, 11:18:50 AM »
The local reporter (eyewitness) identified her as a 70-something female.  So it's definitely  the grandmother/granddaughter team identified at LAX.  That this is, in fact, the eliminated couple for this leg may be in dispute, but the reporter, again, seemed to think that was the case.

I'm still wondering whether this was the first or second team eliminated b/c that seems like a really long first leg if they were the first.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #330 on: December 04, 2009, 11:20:03 AM »
I would guess that this was the second pitstop and second elimination.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #331 on: December 04, 2009, 11:25:57 AM »

I'm still wondering whether this was the first or second team eliminated b/c that seems like a really long first leg if they were the first.

YY,

Common sense and sheer animal cunning tells me that the first pitstop and first elimination was in the Valpariso/Stantiago area.
Matthew 7:15

Offline YY

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #332 on: December 04, 2009, 11:35:19 AM »

YY,

Common sense and sheer animal cunning tells me that the first pitstop and first elimination was in the Valpariso/Stantiago area.

It does, yes, and yet some still say first. So I guess I'll stick with the common sense approach and say 2nd.

DavidJunior

« Reply #333 on: December 04, 2009, 11:50:10 AM »
The local reporter (eyewitness) identified her as a 70-something female.  So it's definitely  the grandmother/granddaughter team identified at LAX.  That this is, in fact, the eliminated couple for this leg may be in dispute, but the reporter, again, seemed to think that was the case.

YY,

It does, yes, and yet some still say first. So I guess I'll stick with the common sense approach and say 2nd.

or you can go with the lunatics approach and say its the 10th pit stop, like i am :rotf: :nut:

Offline starbaby

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #334 on: December 04, 2009, 01:45:18 PM »
OK you all.....  this is my first TAR post.... I've previously been a BB junkie...   I am SO confused  :duno: with all the different threads.  I like reading them all....but is this the one that will follow Jeff and Jordan's progress?  As far as we know, they are still in it, right?  If I'm in the wrong thread, please point me in the right direction !!  Thanks !   
Fighting the ovarian cancer fight...

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #335 on: December 04, 2009, 01:47:44 PM »

Online north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #336 on: December 04, 2009, 01:47:57 PM »

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Re: The Amazing Race 16 Sightings/Info: Tweets Go here please!
« Reply #337 on: December 04, 2009, 02:33:13 PM »
Excellent work!  But what if the author of that article was deceived somehow & that was NOT the eliminated couple.  It could just be the typical interview at the mat. 

Maybe it's only wishful thinking on my part because I sorta wanted the granny & granddaughter to go a little further in the race.
I alsp wonder if the status of the grandmother/granddaughter team is correct. That information originated from an eyewitness who was present in the park where the pot stop was located. Some are taking that report at face value, and I'd rather wait and see if it can be confirmed such as they're not being seen further on.

Further, it would have required that person to have gotten much closer to the mat than is suggested from the four photos I've seen in connection with that location.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #338 on: December 04, 2009, 03:05:13 PM »
Excellent work!  But what if the author of that article was deceived somehow & that was NOT the eliminated couple.  It could just be the typical interview at the mat. 

Maybe it's only wishful thinking on my part because I sorta wanted the granny & granddaughter to go a little further in the race.
I alsp wonder if the status of the grandmother/granddaughter team is correct. That information originated from an eyewitness who was present in the park where the pot stop was located. Some are taking that report at face value, and I'd rather wait and see if it can be confirmed such as they're not being seen further on.

Further, it would have required that person to have gotten much closer to the mat than is suggested from the four photos I've seen in connection with that location.

I agree. I don't think we can assume they are eliminated unless we never see them again. But even then, they could always pull a Kisha & Jen, right?

"Pot stop!" :funny:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #339 on: December 04, 2009, 03:26:50 PM »
The reporter did use the word "presunta" (alleged, supposed, presumed) so even he wasn't sure if the team was eliminated.

Offline YY

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #340 on: December 04, 2009, 07:16:53 PM »

My reason for believing is simply b/c he was there, and could've seen other teams coming in too (although why he wouldn't have taken pics of them you never know), but he also could've maybe seen them taken away somehow or seen other teams come in and go in a different direction after than the team he took a picture of.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #341 on: December 04, 2009, 08:51:44 PM »

My reason for believing is simply b/c he was there, and could've seen other teams coming in too (although why he wouldn't have taken pics of them you never know), but he also could've maybe seen them taken away somehow or seen other teams come in and go in a different direction after than the team he took a picture of.

My point was, and YY, your post demonstrates this, is that to reach the conclusion that this was an eliminated team requires making an assumption not supported by the direct evidence. The eyewitness may have assumed for some reason that it was the last team, but that isn't clearly shown by the photographs or even by the translation of what the eyewitness posted.
-- theschnauzers

Offline YY

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #342 on: December 04, 2009, 09:07:32 PM »

My point was, and YY, your post demonstrates this, is that to reach the conclusion that this was an eliminated team requires making an assumption not supported by the direct evidence. The eyewitness may have assumed for some reason that it was the last team, but that isn't clearly shown by the photographs or even by the translation of what the eyewitness posted.

No evidence pointing to it not being the team either, if we're goign to go that way with the logic.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #343 on: December 04, 2009, 09:24:36 PM »

No evidence pointing to it not being the team either, if we're goign to go that way with the logic.

The point is that, there is not enough evidence to assure either claim. We just know that the Grandmother/Granddaughter team made it to the mat
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #344 on: December 04, 2009, 09:28:45 PM »

The point is that, there is not enough evidence to assure either claim. We just know that the Grandmother/Granddaughter team made it to the mat
:lol: :lol: or we can safely they were not eliminated first and were spotted on the second leg, photo evidence.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #345 on: December 04, 2009, 09:29:50 PM »

:lol: :lol: or we can safely they were not eliminated first
unless leg 1 was a NEL... :ascared
The story so far:
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #346 on: December 04, 2009, 09:33:58 PM »

:meow:

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #347 on: December 04, 2009, 09:54:00 PM »

:meow:
:hides:
The story so far:

Offline LVloverNaNa

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #348 on: December 05, 2009, 09:32:35 AM »
I'm new here.  TY everyone for all of the Sherlock Holmes detective work you do.

Let me see if I've got this correct.  So far you feel they've done about 3 or 4 eliminations, not sure if the GM/GD team has been eliminated.  

I'm a BB fan and trying to track J&J's progress.  Do you think they are still in the race?  Hope so!

"When The Money Comes Out Of The ATM, Scream "I Won!, I Won!"

Online north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #349 on: December 05, 2009, 11:26:21 AM »
I'm new here.  TY everyone for all of the Sherlock Holmes detective work you do.

Let me see if I've got this correct.  So far you feel they've done about 3 or 4 eliminations, not sure if the GM/GD team has been eliminated. 

I'm a BB fan and trying to track J&J's progress.  Do you think they are still in the race?  Hope so!

As far as we can tell, yes. And the GM/GD team is still up for debate.

You can track and talk about Jeff and Jordan here: http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,21300.0.html

Welcome to RFF!  :welcome: